Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Illumina Support/Speculation thread!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I'd gladly buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree. A two-pack would be awesome. Maybe an extra con exclusive for $40, like they did with Mo-Larr?

Hey Val or Emiliano, I know you probably can't tell us, but does her cat have a name and a backstory? A simple yes or know would be cool.
    I remember it being said somewhre that She was past of the same pride of cats cringer was from. I can't remember specifics but something was said about a link between illumina's cat, Battle lion and the spirit of the lion found in the statue in central tower. Possibily The cat that became battle lion when fused with the spirit from central tower was one of her cubs? Can anyone else remember what Emiliano said about Illumina's cat?
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I remember it being said somewhre that She was past of the same pride of cats cringer was from. I can't remember specifics but something was said about a link between illumina's cat, Battle lion and the spirit of the lion found in the statue in central tower. Possibily The cat that became battle lion when fused with the spirit from central tower was one of her cubs? Can anyone else remember what Emiliano said about Illumina's cat?
    Sharella had an albino cat! I forgot about that:

Battle Lion:

Aside from being the chosen mount of King Grayskull himself, this mighty green beast was special for other reasons: It was the cub of Sharella’s (chieftain of the Tribe of Green Tigers) albino tiger, and at some point it merged with the spirit of Central Tower’s Guardian Lion.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thanks Dark I kinda confused myself. So Illumina's cat while white isn't the cat I was referencing. I was probably wrong about her cat comming from cringers tribe as well. I don't know why I thought that.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I could take or leave it. She needs a better story though.
    What don't you like about her story?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Sharella had an albino cat! I forgot about that:
    Yeah, but sharella's Battle Cat isn't related to Illumina's cat (just to avoid further confusion)
    They are cats from different species.
    Illumina's cat is the same species as Panthor.
    Sharella's albino cat is the same species of Battle Cat.
    The Green Tigers tribe in our story was the name of he human tribe, not the cats themselves (this was changed in the MOTUC bio).
    They were known as Green Tigers tribe because they used to ride those giant green tigers, also known as Battle Cats, and create scary and intimidating armors and masks for them.
    No other tribe was able to tame those tigers.

Oh, also, an albino battle cat is essentialy white with green stripes.
    Last edited by Emiliano; August 25, 2010 at 04:44am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    And with those lovely little tidbits the aforementioned list of info related to Illumina (and other MVC ideas) has been updated... [Note: There's A LOT more in the original post—this is just the stuff related to Illumina in some way-shape-or-form.

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post

• Battle-Cat:

Battle-Cat was the mount of He-Man. Harkening back to his Battle Cat ancestors, this ferocious tiger wore both armor and a mask when in battle. It is commonly believed that He-Man's companion Battle-Cat and Skeletor's familiar Panthor are of the same stock, but this is not true—in fact, they are totally different species!
    • Battle Cats:

Battle Cats were the names given by the Tribe of Green Tigers to the ferocious, giant green tigers with yellow strips (or white tigers with green stripes in the rare case of albinos), which they rode. According to legend, members of the Tribe of Green Tigers were the only ones capable of taming these savage beasts. The tribespeople crafted armor and masks for the Battle Cats. Two descendants of these beasts were King Grayskull’s Battle-Lion and He-Man’s Battle-Cat.
    • Battle-Lion:

Aside from being the chosen mount of King Grayskull himself, this mighty green beast was special for other reasons: It was the cub of Sharella’s (chieftain of the Tribe of Green Tigers) albino tiger, and at some point it merged with the spirit of Central Tower’s Guardian Lion.

• Gar, The:

Known for their blue skin, the Gar were natives of the planet Infinitia. After the destruction of their homeplanet, the surviving Gar were brought to Eternia.

The warlord Keldor was part-Gar (on his mother's side), as was the warrior Illumina.

• Guardians of Grayskull, The:

The Guardians of Grayskull was a secret society, devoted to carrying the secrets of Castle Grayskull through the years following King Grayskull’s death. Its members were warriors who also ensured that the knowledge they protected was never subverted to suit the needs of Eternia’s ruler.

The Guardians of Grayskull were said to have carried special rings that identified them as members of the order. It is known that the Man-At-Arms named Duncan was a member of the Guardians, as was his mentor and predecessor Dekker. The Gar warrior Illumina was also a member, as was (possibly) the man who would later become Tri-Klops.

The heroic group which later called itself the Masters of the Universe was most likely formed, in part, to assist the Guardians of Grayskull in their mission; although it is unknown if any of the Masters (other than Duncan and Dekker) knew of the secret society.

• Illumina:

Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Fortunately, in addition to being a great strategist and possessing formidable fighting skills (especially with melee weapons), she has the power to control light and can even blind her opponents when those other talents are not enough. Prior to being caught on Dark Hemisphere she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded. Also, common misconception is that her mount is a descendant of the Battle Cats of old. In fact, her white-furred companion is an entirely different species that is genetically closer to the blood-thirsty Panthor.
    • Infinitia:

Infinitia was the planet which, along with Eternia, kept the universe in balance. The two planets, as well as the Overlords of the Timeless Dimension, are the only things that exist in all realities.

During the first of the Great Wars Infinitia was destroyed as a result of Nordor’s (Horde Prime’s) treachery—it was corrupted and its life force forever drained. This resulted in the planet losing its orbit and becoming lost in space, thus tipping the balance of the universe itself.

The blue-skinned natives of Infinitia were known as the Gar, and those Gar that survived Infinitia’s destruction came to Eternia. Both Keldor (on his mother’s side) and Illumina were descendants of these Infinitian refugees.

Eventually, Horde Prime, stripped of his physical body, rechristened the planet Horde World. From there, he controlled his evil army.

• Sharella:

Sharella was a tribal chieftain who helped Eldor raise the boy who would become He-Ro. She led the Tribe of Green Tigers, known for their ridership of ferocious, giant green tigers with yellow stripes—Battle Cats, as they were called—which they created masks and armor for. Sharella’s own mount, however, was an albino (white with green stripes).

• Tribe of Green Tigers, The:

This tribe was known for their ridership of ferocious, giant green tigers with yellow stripes—Battle Cats, as they were called—which they created masks and armor for. Their chieftain, whose tiger was an albino (white with green stripes), was named Sharella.

The cub of Sharella’s albino tiger would eventually merge with the Guardian Lion of Central Tower to become King Grayskull’s Battle-Lion. The tribe’s mounts may have also given name to Battle-Cat, the companion of He-Man.

Last edited by Telkan2; August 25, 2010 at 05:14pm.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

I repeat....I want me some Illumina...and anything else that MVC makes....
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I also want to see Illumina as MotUC figure, as well as her albino cat!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yes! I would love to have Illumina in MOTUC. I would buy this figure. I'd even buy two as a gift.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'd buy an Illumina figure in a heartbeat. She has an awesome design and a cool story.

~Penny~

Does Mattel actually own the rights to Illumina? She never appeared in an actual story.

If they don't own the rights and don't want to use the character, maybe Val and Emiliano should contact DC about doing a new WARLORDS comic, and introduce Illumina as a character in it. Then maybe we could get her made down the road as part of a DC Warlords/MOTU two pack!
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; October 12, 2010 at 09:16am.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Does Mattel actually own the rights to Illumina? She never appeared in an actual story.

If they don't own the rights and don't want to use the character, maybe Val and Emiliano should contact DC about doing a new WARLORDS comic, and introduce Illumina as a character in it. Then maybe we could get her made down the road as part of a DC Warlords/MOTU two pack!
    I think it's been said before, that has she appeared in an ad inside a MOTU comic, she is Mattel's property now. And if that wasn't enough, Val and Emiliano have said they would waiver any rights they had over her!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Well then that means the ball is totally in Toyguru's court regarding whether Illumina and her cat will be made or not.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well then that means the ball is totally in Toyguru's court regarding whether Illumina and her cat will be made or not.
    I hope he'll decide for her and the cat to be made as MotUC characters. When I saw the image of the Gar lady and her albino companion in that 200X comic, I was totally thrilled to learn more about Illumina, who she was, where she came from and so on. I always liked the idea that this Gar woman was Keldor's mother, maybe Miro's secret lover or his girlfriend before he met Randor's Mom. Illumina simply looks awesome!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Still really want illumina... Hoping she stays fresh in mattels mind.
    Last edited by musclor; July 2, 2011 at 10:41am.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Yeah, it's been too long since there's been a post in this thread showing support for Illumina.

I think she'd be a great addition to the line & could use a lot of the same parts as a Teela/Evil-Lyn figure.

Come on TG, make it happen!

Yep...... time to show some love for Illumina again. Hopefully one day she will happen. She would be soooooooo cool if she came in a two pack with her white tiger!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    She would be soooooooo cool if she came in a two pack with her white tiger!
    That would be sweet cool, but I'd be happy with just the figure, in fact I'd be over the moon!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'd like her, but I'd vastly prefer her to have a new torso armor as opposed to a redeco of the Teela/Evil Lyn armor. Other then the head and aforementioned armor, I'd be fine with the rest being a straight re-use of Teela/Evil Lyn parts.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I don't care how we get her as long as we do!! She's too cool a character! Plus a another kitty never hurt.

i still really want her

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I still want her!

How would you guys feel if she was a sub exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I still want her!

How would you guys feel if she was a sub exclusive?
    I'd take it, but I really want her cat too. It's such an easy thing too, as she's just a repaint of Panthor (okay, a new saddle is needed). If they are going to pack drivers with vehicles, then packing Illumina with her cat would have a precedent. I may be one of the only fans though who would like to get battle cats of all colors (we need red, blue, and yellow now).

Well, I don't know what Illumina's role was int he comic series. But she could easily be brought into the MOTUC fold. Why not have her as a teacher to Battle Ground Teela or something? If she was trained in the ice mountains and all. If memory serves. Wasn't she wearing winter type clothes?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I still very much want Illumina and her cat! Very easy to make, Mattel. Please make her happen!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah