Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Tung Lashor Discussion thread

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar

Official Tung Lashor Discussion thread

I didn't see a thread for him so I started one. Where do I begin... Should TL be like his vintage figure? (which was my personal favorite) Then he had a weird redesign in 2002 which made him with more of a monsterous frog like...thing, and then he was affiliated with the Horde in the Filmation Cartoon. Eventhough Filmation is off limits, his time with the Horde can't be overlooked. I'm curious to see how they will do his chest area since he had a Snakeman logo engraved on it. Will he come with the chest armor that the 2002 figure had? Any thoughts?

Last edited by warrenpeace2012; February 10, 2010 at 11:11am.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    I didn't see a thread for him so I started one. Where do I begin... Should TL be like his vintage figure? (which was my personal favorite) Then he had a weird redesign in 2002 which made him with more of a monsterous frog like...thing, and then he was affiliated with the Horde in the Filmation Cartoon. Eventhough Filmation is off limits, his time with the Horde can't be overlooked. I'm curious to see how they will do his chest area since he had a Snakeman logo engraved on it. Will he come with the chest armor that the 2002 figure had? Any thoughts?

I hope for two heads, vintage frog and 200X gila monster. You can place his tongue attachment in either mouth. He won't be massive, so he might as well have the vintage body. Maybe he can have his removable 200X body armor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I like that idea MGM! I always liked the retractible "tung" feature, and with the articulated jaws, he can have both heads. Genious! I remember that the 2002 TL had a Blade 2 thing going on with his jaws, like the reapers. I can do without that lol

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

VINTAGE all the way on TL. Most of the 200x designs (except Snake-Face) were horrible in my opinion.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    I like that idea MGM! I always liked the retractible "tung" feature, and with the articulated jaws, he can have both heads. Genious! I remember that the 2002 TL had a Blade 2 thing going on with his jaws, like the reapers. I can do without that lol
    i liked the 'reaper' mandibles, myself. It set tL apart from everyone else by having a different mouth imo. much like mantenna... it was cool. i like monsters looking monstrous.

To me, the myp design & vintage toy design are about the same. they just added armor to him & that's about it. much like rattlor. not much difference in the 2 designs other than having armor added.

i don't care much for the Filmation design one bit.... i wouldn't care if I never saw that version made in figure form.

I could see them doing tL as a composite figure... having elements of both vintage & 200x thrown in. 2 heads would be great, articulated jaws would be even better. his tongue could plug into the mouth.. very simple.

we definitely need the Snakemen to be represented though. every faction has some representation so far, except the snakemen.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

What kind of snake was Vintage Tung Lashor based off of? Weird hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    To me, the myp design & vintage toy design are about the same. they just added armor to him & that's about it. much like rattlor. not much difference in the 2 designs other than having armor added.
    His head is designed differently.

I could see them doing tL as a composite figure... having elements of both vintage & 200x thrown in. 2 heads would be great, articulated jaws would be even better. his tongue could plug into the mouth.. very simple.
    Fans could make a Classic Tung Lashor by taking off the armor and putting on the classic head. 200X fans can make 200X Tung by keeping the armor on and putting on his 200X head. And other fans can mix and match parts to make their own version of Tung.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 10, 2010 at 11:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He looked like more of a frog than a snake man but he looked so cool that I didn't care. I do like your mix and match idea too. He might need to sets of hands, gloved and un-gloved.
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; February 10, 2010 at 11:28am.

I'm sure, like Horack, King Hsss would me made first.. I would hope they would go with the 200x version.. His figure of the original line looked like the Hamburgler became Green Lantern.

"Rubble Rubble, Skeletor! You look like a thinned out Grimace!"

I just want a Rattlor with a spring neck!
    Ehhh! Where's my beer!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozor View Post
    I'm sure, like Hordak, King Hsss would me made first.. I would hope they would go with the 200x version.. His figure of the original line looked like the Hamburgler became Green Lantern.
    I really hope you're right about King Hsss being made first, but I think they will take the easy route and make a Snake man that wont require much new tooling like Snake Face, Tung Lashor or Khobra Khan. Lol KH did kinda look like like a green lantern hamburgler. The vinatage and the 2002 could become separate figures since the designs were so different.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    VINTAGE all the way on TL. Most of the 200x designs (except Snake-Face) were horrible in my opinion.
    I'm so sick of having to hear this sentiment over and over, even years after the line.

Yes, look at those awful designs for Hordak, Snout Spout, and Clawful. The 4H really did a terrible job! /sarcasm.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    I'm so sick of having to hear this sentiment over and over, even years after the line.

Yes, look at those awful designs for Hordak, Snout Spout, and Clawful. The 4H really did a terrible job! /sarcasm.
    my thoughts exactly.... I couldn't agree more if I tried.

The 4hm designs look very professional imo, & the vintage designs.... well, they look like cheap happy meal toys by comparison. like something a 5 yr old might come up with.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    my thoughts exactly.... I couldn't agree more if I tried.

The 4hm designs look very professional imo, & the vintage designs.... well, they look like cheap happy meal toys by comparison. like something a 5 yr old might come up with.
    Guys...while you're ALL free to have your opinions, we don't want another Vs Debate. A little tact goes a long way.

This is exactly WHY I suggested removable 200X armor and head for Tung Lashor. There are fans of both camps who can be pleased. The vintage fans can make Classic Tung Lashor, while the 200X fans can make a 200X Tung.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I like the idea of 2 heads. I'd prefer vintage.. When they make Tung Lashor, it'll be the first time I ever had him!! I never had him in the vintage line.. and didn't collect the stactions.... ....yet.

I love this quote. The fact that he has hands isn't weird, but their appearance is...

I would like TL to have a mostly vintage look (don't hate; I love 200X too!) with some 200X elements (armor, namely). I don't care if he gets two heads, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I would love to see a TL update. He was one that I really enjoyed as a kid. I remember being so stoked about him when I found him at a Kay-Bee at the mall. First Snake-Men figure I had. Well, actually I already had Kobra Khan, but I didn't know until later that he fell in with the "Snake-Men" crew.

you folks are comparing pics of modern and vintage toy manufacturing. SO what you should do is throw in some pics of the the current motuc figures, they kill the vintage and motu Xtreme stuff. AND they are done in the vintage/classic design. anyway, mo2k borrowed heavily from the 80s line, so how can you bash it? Keep TL and everyone else old school. Fact, those designs are superior.
    Last edited by MANGLORD; February 11, 2010 at 04:41pm.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Well, to be honest, those are REDESIGNS- based off the original character designs of the vintage line. I think the 4H would even say they just took something that was already great and put a new spin on it.

Like Manglord said, you're not comparing 2 completely different designs, you're comparing toys manufactured 20 years apart basically based on the same design. I for one am much happier with the original concepts reimagined and brought to full fruition in Classics form versus the anime-influenced redesign...

Sallah

Well, if we don't get a 200X Tung Lashor head and removable 200X armor, I guess Tung Lashor would be a mix of both styles ala Webstor.

What would the vintage fans rather have, a mix like Webstor (Tung could look Classic, but have the spiked 200X tongue for example) or customizable with a removable 200X head and armor so they can strip away any unwanted 200X elements?

I would be very happy to see Tung Lashor packaged with 2 heads - vintage and 200x - and am very keen to see how the legendary 4H handle the tongue.

A bit like MGM suggested, I think Tung Lashor's body should be designed based on the original but packaged with armor that slips over the head (similar to Beast Man). The armor could come with 2 different faction emblems that fit by peg into the armor: one for Evil Horde and one for Snake Men. This way the mix-and-match can work not only to display vintage and 200x TL but also Horde warrior TL for all the She-Ra cartoon fans.

Personally, I hope Kobra Khan, Rattlor and Tung Lashor are made before King Hiss to respect the vintage canon where Kobra Khan was first an evil warrior and where the other Snake Men worked for Hordak whilst awaiting release of King Hiss.

Some explanation about how his dragon fly gun works would also be excellent. Is it just a blaster or something more?? The 200x staction version looked like it could take off and fly!

Court Magician

Toung lashing begin!

I agree with the idea of having both heads, and I love Toung Lashor!

In regaurds to the whole vintage vs 200x designs, using thos mini statues is not really an accurate example of what many people, including my self, really didn't like about the 200x cartoon, because those statues are actually MORE detailed than what MATTEL would allow the actual figures to look like.

Those statues were the point where the 4 Horsement were finally allowed to supe up the detail and go all out with what they had to work with from the cartoon designs. It was the cartoon's redesignig of the characters into modern anime/manga style that was so objectionable, because it robbed the toy line of it's own unique style.

When the 4 Horsemen sculpted the Battle Cat fur in the 200x line, they started out with a detailed fur sculpted all over the body, but MATTEL deliberately made them remove it and "smooth" it out to look more like the actual cartoon. They were forced to downgrade the sculpt to make it more appealing to kids.

The "staction figures" they were allowed to do for NECA were a whole different ball game, because they pushed the detail factor in the other direction! Even some of the angular and blocky elements from the cartoon are hard to find in those mini statues!

If the whole 200x standard toy line had been as nicely done as those statues, I wouldn't have been nearly so dissapointed with it. Even so, I blame the design issues more on the shoddy relaunch than on the 4 Horsemen, because they were working with restrictions and limitations of the designs chosen by MATTEL at that time.

Now, they are much more in control of this whole process, and so I see no reason why they couldn't make something like Toung Lashor more pleasing to both fan groups.

Fans could make a Classic Tung Lashor by taking off the armor and putting on the classic head. 200X fans can make 200X Tung by keeping the armor on and putting on his 200X head. And other fans can mix and match parts to make their own version of Tung.
    A really poisonous frog. Just because he's a Snakeman doesn't mean he's a snake

Well, if we don't get a 200X Tung Lashor head and removable 200X armor, I guess Tung Lashor would be a mix of both styles ala Webstor.

What would the vintage fans rather have, a mix like Webstor (Tung could look Classic, but have the spiked 200X tongue for example) or customizable with a removable 200X head and armor so they can strip away any unwanted 200X elements?
    What I like about vintage Tung Lashor's design is that he looks like a frog. I despise the 200X Tung Lashor design; I'd like to be able to remove any 200X element possible. Spiked tongue, Predator head, clawed hands and feet can all be included, but if I don't get vintage options, it's an easy pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I would be very happy to see Tung Lashor packaged with 2 heads - vintage and 200x - and am very keen to see how the legendary 4H handle the tongue.

A bit like MGM suggested, I think Tung Lashor's body should be designed based on the original but packaged with armor that slips over the head (similar to Beast Man). The armor could come with 2 different faction emblems that fit by peg into the armor: one for Evil Horde and one for Snake Men. This way the mix-and-match can work not only to display vintage and 200x TL but also Horde warrior TL for all the She-Ra cartoon fans.

Personally, I hope Kobra Khan, Rattlor and Tung Lashor are made before King Hiss to respect the vintage canon where Kobra Khan was first an evil warrior and where the other Snake Men worked for Hordak whilst awaiting release of King Hiss.
    I'm torn on the armor. It was the one thing I liked about the 200X design, but at the same time, I think they could use a tampograph of the Snakemen emblem/insignia on the standard buck, and it would actually make more sense than the sculpted-onto-the-chest look of vintage. It looking more like a tattoo or brand makes it seem like he could have been some evil frogman that switched allegiance (some snakes liking to eat frogs, and all that).

I also like the idea of horde armor for him, but that may be too Filmation for now, unless we get spare Hordak armor in a weapons pak.

I'd also be okay with them doing a new loincloth for the Snakemen (Tung Lashor included; instead of the furries), similar to Rattlor's from 200X.

Heroic Warrior
    Tung Lashor is one of my all-time favorite Masters of the Universe figures !

I think he should be based on the 80's version. Personally, I definitely prefered the 80's design for Tung Lashor.

The head, specifically, really has to be 80's based ! If there's a second head based on 200X, I don't mind, but Tung Lashor really needs his 80's head.

He must have his snakeman staff and his awesome "dragonfly crossbow" (here, the 4 horsemen might base the crossbow on the 200X version).

He needs to have the original 80's colors, AND also to have his back painted
    (for those who are not aware of this, 80's Tung Lashor's back was generally unpainted, while there were markings indicating that he should have been painted; nevertheless, some Tung Lashors got the painting in the back. That's how there was a Tung Lashor variant).

While it was stated there would be "no action features", I would like it SO MUCH if Tung Lashor could have his retractable tongue...

Tung Lashor's amphibious, frog-like look is actually very appealing to me, and makes him very special among the Snakemen !

I also think TL should have the Snakemen logo on his chest... He only had the Horde logo in the Filmation cartoon. And since we're not ready to see Filmation designes any time soon in this line, I'm all in favor of his 80's look.

This said, if Filmations rights are ever bought by Mattel, I would also enjoy having a second Filmation-based Tung Lashor, with a Horde logo on his chest and with different colors and a different head (this said, I ALWAYS prefered the 80s toy to the Filmation concept of Tung Lashor)...

Finally, here's an info that all completists might not have heard : Lulu-Berlu, a huge toystore/collector's toys in Paris, just released a vintage exclusive, limited-edition Filmation Tung Lashor. See on http://www.lulu-berlu.com/dhtml/home...veaut%E9s&page[1542]=2&page[1542]=1 (they also released, in the past, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Fang-Man, Filmation Clawful. And right now, a vintage Keldor and the evil warriors' goblins general, General Tataran, are sold, including Filmation Tung Lashor). The only problem being that every limited edition figure costs between 200 and 250 euros...
    Last edited by Spectror; February 13, 2010 at 05:20am.

Bow shows how Tung Lashor's armor could work!

The Bow figure revealed at SDCC with the interchangable heart and circle armor emblems shows exactly how Tung Lashor's armor could work!

If TL were to come with removable 200x-style armor, it could feature a hole (like Bow's armor) in which to peg either the Snake Man symbol or Evil Horde symbol for those who want to display him in his time of enforced servitude under Hordak.

There is no need to make two different Tung Lashor variants to accommodate '80s, POP and 200x fans, two heads, possibly 2 tongue inserts (spiked & non-spiked) and two armor symbols and fans can mix and match a look however they want.

Win-Win.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    The Bow figure revealed at SDCC with the interchangable heart and circle armor emblems shows exactly how Tung Lashor's armor could work!

If TL were to come with removable 200x-style armor, it could feature a hole (like Bow's armor) in which to peg either the Snake Man symbol or Evil Horde symbol for those who want to display him in his time of enforced servitude under Hordak.

There is no need to make two different Tung Lashor variants to accommodate '80s, POP and 200x fans, two heads, possibly 2 tongue inserts (spiked & non-spiked) and two armor symbols and fans can mix and match a look however they want.

Win-Win.
    This idea right here, then everyones happy!

For anyone worried that having a Horde symbol on TL would be to Filmation, it is stated in King of the Snake Men that Tung Lasher and Rattlor have been working for the Horde whilst Hiss was in the cosmic pool
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Given the way they treated Hsss's snake part, I must admit I'm really concerned about the way they'll address Tung Lashor's tongue !

As far as I'm concerned, Tung Lashor's retractable tongue is a feature that is as important as Roboto's gears or Man-E-Faces rotating faces. I'm scared they would make a "bendy" kind of tongue (= fragility, quality and durability issues). The original 80's tongue was awesome, and the way it worked was nothing more than a basic mecanic device (just like Roboto, Mantenna or Sy-Klone) !

We know Tung Lashor has been trademarked lately (July 2010). I really want Tung Lashor to be as close as possible to his 80's incarnation (sculpt, colors etc.). The head of the 80's was really perfect, in my opinion.

I don't mind if he comes with 2 heads (a vintage one and a 200x one). I want to make clear that I definitely won't tolerate any mistake on THIS particular figure ! To me, Tung Lashor is part of those figures that really cannot suffer any imperfection (the same goes for Spikor, Sy-Klone, Two Bad, Rio Blast, Clawful, Kobra Khan, Mosquitor, Dragstor and Leech)

By the way, I saw a cool picture on this thread that was posted by Megagearmax (see above). We can see a "basic" (200x) snakeman on it, among the other snakemen. That's the way snakemen army builders should look like in MOTUC (hyper anime details aside, obviously), in my opinion...
    Last edited by Spectror; August 13, 2010 at 06:42am.