Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I WILL Commit to Buy 1 More Sub" Thread

The "I WILL Commit to Buy 1 More Sub" Thread

Since we only made it to 90% of the Minimum needed for 2015 Club Eternia to go forward, who is with me and will commit to buying at least 1 more sub to help the line?

I will start:

I WILL commit to buy 1 more sub.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Since we only made it to 90% of the Minimum needed for 2015 Club Eternia to go forward, who is with me and will commit to buying at least 1 more sub to help the line?

I will start:

I WILL commit to buy 1 more sub.
    As do I.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Heroic Warrior
    Damn it, I'm in for one more on Friday too.

I'll commit to at least one more sub!
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Heroic Warrior
    Was hoping I wouldn't have to do this again, but I'm in for two more! Which means I'll have six in total!

I'm going to buy another sub when it reopens.

Heroic Podcaster
    Count me in for one more (making three total for me when I have only ever had one per year so far) and I will be checking on upping that to five total.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Guys just some info for you, and i'm not sure if this is even correct but i was told on another forum site it takes about 65 subs to equal 1% Scott says we need 10% so thats 650 more subs if the 65 subs thing is correct. I don't know why they are waiting untill friday to reopen the subs. 650 subs in 3 days is a tall order.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Guys just some info for you i'm not sure if this iseven correct but i was told on another forum site it takes about 65 subs to equal 1% Scoot says we need 10% so thats 650 more subs if the 65 subs thing is correct. I don't know why they are waiting untill friday to reopen the subs. 650 subs in 3 days is a tall order.
    We might be able to get 65 with this thread alone! 1% is still 1% closer. Are you trying to scare people into not even trying?

EIGHT (8) EXTRA SUBS TOTAL SO FAR!!! WHO'S NEXT?!?!?!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

I will go for 1 more also.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Did Yodafreakmaster do his match again this year?

Im going to pick up another one, maybe two if I can

Heroic Podcaster
    Not sure about YFM.

TEN (10) so far!

No i'm not trying to scare anyone, I'm just posting what I heard and i can't understand why Mattel is only giving us 3 days instead of opening the subs up now untill monday.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Great job guys! We get there 1 sub at a time!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest-or View Post
    Did Yodafreakmaster do his match again this year?

Im going to pick up another one, maybe two if I can
    Yes, he ordered 40

Heroic Warrior
    If I get paid in a timely manner, I'll get 2 more.

Guys just some info for you, and i'm not sure if this is even correct but i was told on another forum site it takes about 65 subs to equal 1% Scott says we need 10% so thats 650 more subs if the 65 subs thing is correct. I don't know why they are waiting untill friday to reopen the subs. 650 subs in 3 days is a tall order.
    That sounds perfectly reasonable to me. It was estimated elsewhere that the number of subscriptions sold the last couple of years were probably in the 6k-6500 range, so if 100%=6500, then yeah, 1% is around 60-65.

Just to throw it out, Club Etheria passed with only 97%. I suspect if we hit 95% or better they'll let it go through, which would only be around 325 subs. Still a tall order, but significantly more doable. Of course, that is a somewhat dangerous assumption, since they are obviously not obligated to allow the sub to go through for anything less than 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefall View Post
    If I get paid in a timely manner, I'll get 2 more.
    You make 12.

I'm actually planning on getting one more. I usually buy 2, but only bought one this year. I was kind of regretting it when the sub closed because there are actually a few figures we know are coming I know I want more of one of. So this is a nice opportunity.

So...

I am in for 1 more as well. (4 in total). No way that we can let this end right now, this close to the finish line!

I just recieved my August figures before posting this. It is the 1 day of the month I look most forward to. That is all the reminder I need in why I continue to collect this line. 3 more absolutely amazing figures headed to my display case.

I will do all I can to make sure this line continues and my collection is complete. I hope that anyone else who CAN sub, will commit to either their 1st sub, or additional subs, and push the line forward!
    Bring on the Snake Armor!

I am going to order one more as well...I gotta have a Multi-Bot !!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I'm actually planning on getting one more. I usually buy 2, but only bought one this year. I was kind of regretting it when the sub closed because there are actually a few figures we know are coming I know I want more of one of. So this is a nice opportunity.

So...

Jon I hardly would call this "a nice opportunity". It pretty much sucks that we still have numbers to get.

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Jon I hardly would call this "a nice opportunity". It pretty much sucks that we still have numbers to get.
    Compared to Mattel shutting it down today and saying MOTUC is all done, this IS a nice opportunity. All in how you look at it.

Having the numbers like that really shows how small this line actually is. 6500 people doesn't seem much at all. Many people get two of each figure to have one MOC not to mention those who buy dozens of subs to help make sure it goes through. Wouldn't be surprised if there is only about 4000 people really collecting the line. I'm no expert on numbers of collectors or customers for toy lines so maybe that isn't as low as I think it is?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Wow, if that is accurate, then MOTU_Maniac and YodaFreakMaster probably account for 1% of the sub, which is a lot more than I thought they would!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Compared to Mattel shutting it down today and saying MOTUC is all done, this IS a nice opportunity. All in how you look at it.
    True, and I thought it was clear I was talking about my own personal situation. Not universally. Just because it's a nice opportunity for myself doesn't mean it's a nice situation for us all to be in.

Anyway, I think we're at 15 now, then, with limelitemach1 and CanadaClassics.