Thread: Poster Frames for old PowerCon posters

Poster Frames for old PowerCon posters

So I recently moved into a new house and I'm setting up my new toy rooms and thought it would be a good time to finally display the 2012 and 2013 PowerCon posters we got with our convention tickets (He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, TMNT). So these posters are 18"x12" but when I went to Walmart to get a frame I wasn't finding anything that size (they had 17"x11" and then a bunch that were several inches bigger but nothing 18"x12"). Did anyone have any luck finding frames for these posters without special ordering them?
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

framed

They make "kits" where you but each side in the correct dimension and you have to get the backer and acrylic/glass cut to size (Michaels) - if you buy a cheap frame larger than you need that has acrylic you can easily cut it to size. Michael's has a 40% off one item coupon all the time, use it for your cheap frame to pull the acrylic and backer from. I used to work at one and that was a waaaayyy cheaper alternative to a custom frame. The other option is to buy a matt - they aren't too expensive - and go up in frame size.

I'm Mike from Mike's Toys! That exhibited at Power-Con the last three years BTW.
    mk1138@msn.com
    Last edited by mk1138; August 25, 2014 at 05:11am. Reason: add info