Thread: Tung Lashor Speculation

Hybrid View

Villain in training warrenpeace2012's Avatar

Tung Lashor Speculation

I didn't see a thread for him so I started one. Where do I begin... Should TL be like his vintage figure? (which was my personal favorite) Then he had a weird redesign in 2002 which made him with more of a monsterous frog like...thing, and then he was affiliated with the Horde in the Filmation Cartoon. Eventhough Filmation is off limits, his time with the Horde can't be overlooked. I'm curious to see how they will do his chest area since he had a Snakeman logo engraved on it. Will he come with the chest armor that the 2002 figure had? Any thoughts?

Last edited by warrenpeace2012; February 10, 2010 at 11:11am.
    Don't mess up TWO-BADD! That's all I ask!

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    I didn't see a thread for him so I started one. Where do I begin... Should TL be like his vintage figure? (which was my personal favorite) Then he had a weird redesign in 2002 which made him with more of a monsterous frog like...thing, and then he was affiliated with the Horde in the Filmation Cartoon. Eventhough Filmation is off limits, his time with the Horde can't be overlooked. I'm curious to see how they will do his chest area since he had a Snakeman logo engraved on it. Will he come with the chest armor that the 2002 figure had? Any thoughts?

I hope for two heads, vintage frog and 200X gila monster. You can place his tongue attachment in either mouth. He won't be massive, so he might as well have the vintage body. Maybe he can have his removable 200X body armor.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

I like that idea MGM! I always liked the retractible "tung" feature, and with the articulated jaws, he can have both heads. Genious! I remember that the 2002 TL had a Blade 2 thing going on with his jaws, like the reapers. I can do without that lol

And behold, I will be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die. I shall reign in 2012 for my conquest is nigh.

VINTAGE all the way on TL. Most of the 200x designs (except Snake-Face) were horrible in my opinion.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    What kind of snake was Vintage Tung Lashor based off of? Weird hands...

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    To me, the myp design & vintage toy design are about the same. they just added armor to him & that's about it. much like rattlor. not much difference in the 2 designs other than having armor added.
    His head is designed differently.

I could see them doing tL as a composite figure... having elements of both vintage & 200x thrown in. 2 heads would be great, articulated jaws would be even better. his tongue could plug into the mouth.. very simple.
    Fans could make a Classic Tung Lashor by taking off the armor and putting on the classic head. 200X fans can make 200X Tung by keeping the armor on and putting on his 200X head. And other fans can mix and match parts to make their own version of Tung.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 10, 2010 at 11:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He looked like more of a frog than a snake man but he looked so cool that I didn't care. I do like your mix and match idea too. He might need to sets of hands, gloved and un-gloved.
    Last edited by warrenpeace2012; February 10, 2010 at 11:28am.

I'm sure, like Horack, King Hsss would me made first.. I would hope they would go with the 200x version.. His figure of the original line looked like the Hamburgler became Green Lantern.

"Rubble Rubble, Skeletor! You look like a thinned out Grimace!"

I just want a Rattlor with a spring neck!
    Ehhh! Where's my beer!?!?

I love this quote. The fact that he has hands isn't weird, but their appearance is...

I would like TL to have a mostly vintage look (don't hate; I love 200X too!) with some 200X elements (armor, namely). I don't care if he gets two heads, though.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    VINTAGE all the way on TL. Most of the 200x designs (except Snake-Face) were horrible in my opinion.
    I'm so sick of having to hear this sentiment over and over, even years after the line.

Yes, look at those awful designs for Hordak, Snout Spout, and Clawful. The 4H really did a terrible job! /sarcasm.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    I'm so sick of having to hear this sentiment over and over, even years after the line.

Yes, look at those awful designs for Hordak, Snout Spout, and Clawful. The 4H really did a terrible job! /sarcasm.
    my thoughts exactly.... I couldn't agree more if I tried.

The 4hm designs look very professional imo, & the vintage designs.... well, they look like cheap happy meal toys by comparison. like something a 5 yr old might come up with.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Well, to be honest, those are REDESIGNS- based off the original character designs of the vintage line. I think the 4H would even say they just took something that was already great and put a new spin on it.

Like Manglord said, you're not comparing 2 completely different designs, you're comparing toys manufactured 20 years apart basically based on the same design. I for one am much happier with the original concepts reimagined and brought to full fruition in Classics form versus the anime-influenced redesign...

Sallah

Although I agree that 200X versions were often much better than their filmation counterpart, he did say it was just his opinion.

Though as far as some of the Snakemen in the cartoon. Yeah, they're cool, but they do seem to be over stylised and I wouldn't mind seeing an updated original version if it's as good as King Hiss (armour form at least).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the 200X Snakemen. I have 200X Sssqueeze staticon and I love most of their designs, except Hiss whose general design was pretty good apart from looking more like a wizened old man than King of the Snakemen. He is certainly one case where 200X loses to MOTUC. Although I have seen some fan art of Hsss where he uses the 200X design but has a stronger build, but it still doesn't hold up to his MOTUC form.

This is exactly WHY I suggested removable 200X armor and head for Tung Lashor. There are fans of both camps who can be pleased. The vintage fans can make Classic Tung Lashor, while the 200X fans can make a 200X Tung.
    That's not a bad idea. It would be nice to be able to swap between the silver half-armour Snakemen brand thing and the 200X armour.

Though I will say one thing though about the original toy. I had it as a kid and loved it, but I don't want to see those blob things on the end of his fingers. He's a Snakeman, not a frogman.

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    Keep TL and everyone else old school. Opinion, those designs are superior.
    There ya go. It's nice when we all share our opinions. j/k
    Last edited by Masamune; August 19, 2010 at 01:29pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpeace2012 View Post
    I like that idea MGM! I always liked the retractible "tung" feature, and with the articulated jaws, he can have both heads. Genious! I remember that the 2002 TL had a Blade 2 thing going on with his jaws, like the reapers. I can do without that lol
    i liked the 'reaper' mandibles, myself. It set tL apart from everyone else by having a different mouth imo. much like mantenna... it was cool. i like monsters looking monstrous.

To me, the myp design & vintage toy design are about the same. they just added armor to him & that's about it. much like rattlor. not much difference in the 2 designs other than having armor added.

i don't care much for the Filmation design one bit.... i wouldn't care if I never saw that version made in figure form.

I could see them doing tL as a composite figure... having elements of both vintage & 200x thrown in. 2 heads would be great, articulated jaws would be even better. his tongue could plug into the mouth.. very simple.

we definitely need the Snakemen to be represented though. every faction has some representation so far, except the snakemen.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!