Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Tung Lashor Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm actually pretty okay with that.
    You know, me too.
    The 200X staction head will probably not work that well with the motuc body anyway.
    It the MYP head smaller than the Staction head?
    It looks a lot different from the stills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    I'm so sick of having to hear this sentiment over and over, even years after the line.

Yes, look at those awful designs for Hordak, Snout Spout, and Clawful. The 4H really did a terrible job! /sarcasm.
    Although I agree that 200X versions were often much better than their filmation counterpart, he did say it was just his opinion.

Though as far as some of the Snakemen in the cartoon. Yeah, they're cool, but they do seem to be over stylised and I wouldn't mind seeing an updated original version if it's as good as King Hiss (armour form at least).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the 200X Snakemen. I have 200X Sssqueeze staticon and I love most of their designs, except Hiss whose general design was pretty good apart from looking more like a wizened old man than King of the Snakemen. He is certainly one case where 200X loses to MOTUC. Although I have seen some fan art of Hsss where he uses the 200X design but has a stronger build, but it still doesn't hold up to his MOTUC form.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This is exactly WHY I suggested removable 200X armor and head for Tung Lashor. There are fans of both camps who can be pleased. The vintage fans can make Classic Tung Lashor, while the 200X fans can make a 200X Tung.
    That's not a bad idea. It would be nice to be able to swap between the silver half-armour Snakemen brand thing and the 200X armour.

Though I will say one thing though about the original toy. I had it as a kid and loved it, but I don't want to see those blob things on the end of his fingers. He's a Snakeman, not a frogman.

Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    Keep TL and everyone else old school. Opinion, those designs are superior.
    There ya go. It's nice when we all share our opinions. j/k
    Last edited by Masamune; August 19, 2010 at 02:29pm.
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

The real question here is should Horde Tung lashor be a completely different character the snakemen TL. I mean they look nothing alike, abept a long tongue. They did it with Zodak, the goddess, wundar, so why, if this character is so different looking should they not do it with him. 200x and vintage figure are very comparable, not exactly the same but no where as different as horde tung lashor. It would also create another snakeman, which is the faction that is severely lacking in its roster, to take characters already created in in some sort of classic media, and tweek it a little bit (as it has been done before)to create more classically sourced characters. I would propose his name to be Tangalor(squeeze's minicomic name) and include him with removable armor with the snake symbol on his chest, so you can choose which faction you want him to be on.

If this option is not popular, then dare I say it, they should make a variaent of Tung Lashor, Horde Tung lashor, Depicticting his filmation verision. I would prefer if their really weren't alot of varients because I feel budget should be used to create new un made characters, but this is one case, besides maybe a filmation Clawful, that I think HTL really needs to be made in MOTUC. Thoughts? Comments?

Actually I woud be more than happy to get a new Horde character based off Tung Lashor's Filmation appearance. Just give him a new name. The more Horde members the better.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    look forward to a classic tung lashor & rattlor but would like an added myp 200x vest & their 200x heads.

Agreed Kylun Flac

Heroic Warrior
    I woud like to see deatachable shin guards to have a more armored look...

But I'm cool with whatever the 4HM deliver...

Heroic Warrior
    I REALLY want Tung Lashor ! And I want him all vintage ! I'd like it so much if he could have his tongue action feature (I think TL is the ONLY character, along with Rio Blast, that really needs the action feature).

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I woud like to see to have a more armored look...

But I'm cool with whatever the 4HM deliver...
    deatachable shin guards. nice
    rattor could get them too.

Personally, I'd very much prefer all 3 versions of TL (Vintage/Filmation/MYP) to be made as seperate figures, as none of them can be realistically combined in a way that does justice to any more than 1 design.
    Last edited by DroothR; May 23, 2012 at 12:17am.

I'ld like the vintage with a swapable 200x head. The filmation version is one of the only characters that I think was lame compared to the figure.

Personally, what I want to see is Lashor as a cross between the Vintage design and the Snake Men army builder. Basically a Vintage Tung Lashor that doesn't look like a frog (change the hands, feet and head) and actually have something that looks like a Snake Man. I loved the MYP cartoon version, but like much of the designs of the cartoon I think it maybe went too far in places (it's still good though).

Though I'm not against DroothR's idea of three separate figures, but I'm skeptical as to how likely that is to happen.
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    Would the Whiplash body work for TL? The feet are right, and he's suitably scaly. All he needs is 2 new heads and new hands.

Snappy Threader
    TL is my fav Snake, I love the vintage design, I hope they keep close to that.....

Back in the 80īies he was my favorite snake men, the colors, the great colorful tung. He was so unique looking.

His 200X version wasnīt what i had expected but he still looked cool, he simply was to big and bulky. They should have created a different character as the muscles of the team and sticked more to Tung Lashors original idea.

Maybe his mother has been a Snake lady and his father a frog man and thatīs why he has both genes.

But i see the snake men not only as snakes but more as reptilian humanoids. Squeezess face looked more like a crocodiles face in Vintage as well.

Ok found this great find in the brazilian Mini comics, Tung lashor has a steed. And the best part about it, its a frog with dragonfly wings, how cool is that, I am def going to build a custom for this. Check out the pics!
    tung lashors steed.jpg
    tung lashors steed1.jpg

thinking about it I'm not that concerned with getting a 200x head mainly because I want him to be vintage & I wouldn't be able to use the other head on a generic snake men. But what is accentual is the body 200x armor. Makes him more like a general than just some common snake man.

Although I could ague that a 200x head if done right could work on a generic snake man or the head could be used as a different look for Tung Lashor if you wanted him as two different characters. I know a lot of fan talked about this, but mainly the Horde Tung character.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DroothR View Post
    Personally, I'd very much prefer all 3 versions of TL
    Four. Don't forget the one from the He-Ro/Dare bible.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Maybe his mother has been a Snake lady and his father a frog man and thatīs why he has both genes.

But i see the snake men not only as snakes but more as reptilian humanoids. Squeezess face looked more like a crocodiles face in Vintage as well.
    It's been stated the Unnamed One created the Snake Men from combining five other races; perhaps not all of them were serpentine.

Heroic Warrior
    Hope they give him the 200x armor...

Yes, Yes, This guy! This year!! MOTUC needs a Tung-Lashor!!!
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

Heroic Warrior
    So with the news that either TL or Sssqueeze is coming this year, I've been thinking more about Tung Lashor and how he'll be made. I guess I'm one of the few who want him to be close to his vintage look, but slightly more snake like. And really, that's just the head. Taking some cues from the 200x look and staction, the hands need to have 3 claws instead of the frog like hands the vintage had. Ditto with the feet. Upper arms, upper legs, and lower torso(crotch) can be shared. The chest can go one of two ways: sculpted Snake Men symbol like the vintage or armor over a purple body like 200x. I'm fine with either. The head is where it's going to get really cool. The jaw needs to open and close on a hinge joint, and the tongue needs to be removable. How cool would that be??

I just pray that T.L. is less frog and more snake. Not necessarily the Predator-like split chin look of 200x, but not fully the frog look of Vintage either. Somewhere in between those two looks with (again) more of a snake aesthetic.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Just make him look like a snake and not like a frog or an ogre since his staction was HUGE!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'd prefer more 200X staction influence to make him appear less like a frog. I found a Classics drawing of him here recently and although it's a little too vintage for me, I really like the upgraded feet.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I want him to be heavily based upon the vintage figure. He was one of my favorite figures as a kid.