Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Tung Lashor Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Given the way they treated Hsss's snake part, I must admit I'm really concerned about the way they'll address Tung Lashor's tongue !

As far as I'm concerned, Tung Lashor's retractable tongue is a feature that is as important as Roboto's gears or Man-E-Faces rotating faces. I'm scared they would make a "bendy" kind of tongue (= fragility, quality and durability issues). The original 80's tongue was awesome, and the way it worked was nothing more than a basic mecanic device (just like Roboto, Mantenna or Sy-Klone) !
    I don't mind if he comes with 2 heads (a vintage one and a 200x one)...
    To accommodate the vintage tongue flicking action, Tung Lashor's head was not articulated.

Sadly, I cannot imagine how the 4H could possibly design swappable and articulated heads that also replicate the vintage tongue flicking action. It seems to me there will need to be a choice between head swapping/articulation and tongue flicking.

I would actually be happy to surrender head articulation on this figure to allow the tongue flicking feature, so long as we could still apply/remove TL's (200x/Horde) armor.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

What if Tung Lashor's toungue wasn't removable, but sculpted to always stick out on either vintage or 200X heads? Would fans want his tongue always sticking out of his head?

I think I like my idea about two heads (vintage and 200X), removable tongue, removable 200X armor, dragonfly gun.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 13, 2010 at 11:00am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

TL was one of my favorites also when I was a child but I now love the Staction from the 200x cartoon even more.

So at the end, I think I would love anything from both versions
    (I would have preferred a large-size figure but I know this won't happen for all the figures that were normal-size in the vintage line)

The more there will be (I mean the more added parts) the more I will be happy. Anyway, I don't know how I could be disappointed by this figure when I will see it

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think a movable jaw and a plug-in tongue would be the easiest option; it would still likely allow head movement that way.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    In Tung Lashor's case, a moveable jaw, exceptionally, wouldn't be a great idea, I think. I'm afraid it would ruin the aesthetical part of the face (the original Tung Lashor has fangs that go upwards and other downwards... hard to keep this feature with a moveable jaw. But who knows ? Maybe the 4 Horsemen can make that kind of tour de force ?

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think a movable jaw and a plug-in tongue would be the easiest option; it would still likely allow head movement that way.
    That's a great idea, I hope they implement it.

About the style, I'd vastly prefer the vintage, with optional removable 200X armor. Tung was one of the characters that wasn't improved for the 200X era imo; the vintage figure is one of my absolute favorites, both as a kid and as an adult.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    So much for these speculation threads. Thanks to Mattel Corporate, there is now nothing to speculate about. Just Google an old Tung Lashor figure, imagine it with MOTUC articulation and you're good.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Im for the 80s style Tung Lashor all the way. I hope the bio includes something about he and Rattlor joining the Horde for a while in King Hiss absense. If not I'll just include it in my own canon anyway lol.

I would prefer the vintage style Tung Lashor also. I like the idea of him and Rattlor having optional removable Horde armor.

So sad about the 200x heads.

However, I think there is still hope Mattel could do the removable Snake Men/Horde armor. There is certainly a vintage justification for this and Bow does show they can swap emblems on armor easily.

Wishfull thinking maybe but we can hope ...
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; August 14, 2010 at 09:41pm.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

So basically, Tung Lashor is going to look like this:

"Yay."
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

that 200x tung lashor looks so much better than the original (IMO) i really hope we get a good blend of both versions for the MOTUC release

Heroic Warrior
    This is a hard one. He had this lizard head, which is fine, but a snake designed head would also be cool.

I always liked the vintage Tung Lashor. He reminded me of a purple frog for some reason. He broke too soon, so I'm looking forward to the MOTUC version. I wonder if he will come with a knife, or if they'll save that for Marlena. ha!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

The 200X redesigns of the Snake Men vastly improved them IMO. The 80s versions seemed undercooked. That beign said, I'm not against seeing updated 80s designs. The Snake Men need two heads. Mattel better change their mind about that decision.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree, there is so much potential in a 200x-influenced head.

I really like the design Kevenn pictured so id be more than happy with that.

Let's not complicate things by dragging in the Horde affiliation of Tongue Lashor and Rattlor again. It was a mistake, and both characters looked terrible on the show as well.

Let's just sweep it under the carpet along with other things from the 80's franchise that should be forgotten, like Yukkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post

"Yay."
    I'm actually pretty okay with that.
    Last edited by Sandman; August 15, 2010 at 12:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Tung Lashor is one of my all-time favorite Masters of the Universe figures !

I think he should be based on the 80's version. Personally, I definitely prefered the 80's design for Tung Lashor.

The head, specifically, really has to be 80's based ! If there's a second head based on 200X, I don't mind, but Tung Lashor really needs his 80's head.

He must have his snakeman staff and his awesome "dragonfly crossbow" (here, the 4 horsemen might base the crossbow on the 200X version).

He needs to have the original 80's colors, AND also to have his back painted
    (for those who are not aware of this, 80's Tung Lashor's back was generally unpainted, while there were markings indicating that he should have been painted; nevertheless, some Tung Lashors got the painting in the back. That's how there was a Tung Lashor variant).

While it was stated there would be "no action features", I would like it SO MUCH if Tung Lashor could have his retractable tongue...
    i'm in complete agreement!
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Agreed. I want the old design mostly, which I always thought looked like a salamander. I would love the articulate Jaw (ala snakehead Hisss) and LOVE a removeable tounge, bendy or not (though I would perhaps prefer bendy, also like HIsss)

Make it look as much like vintage, cool. But since it wont have action feature with a wheel with a stirp of thin plastic tounge, give me a real 3d tounge. But I dont want it permanantly stuck in. So removeable witha more pertinant mouth sculpt.

I want his pad finger hands. My favourite thing about him, next to his bright colours.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/snake4.jpg

"Yay."
    Yeah, give it the tounge and open hinge jaw.
    Last edited by baronterror; August 16, 2010 at 04:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Damn that style guide picture of him is beautiful !!!

Everytime I see it I just drool. Same with Rattlor.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    What about his hands? Frogstyle?

Hopefully Mattel has another Snakeman other than Hiss slotted for 2011. Their faction as well as the Horde are greatly outnumbered.

"Yay."
    I'd be happy with that, as always two heads would be great, but a snap on tong is essential.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I can't wait for this figure. My son asks for this one everyday as well. By far one of the best colored characters from an aesthetic standpoint in all of MOTU.