Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horde Witch for MOTUC???

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Horde Witch for MOTUC???

I was thinking, since it's unlikely we'll see Shadow Weaver as a MOTUC figure anytime soon, would fans accept it if Mattel made a new female action figure affiliated with the Horde who could fulfil the role of "Horde Witch"?

Once more POP characters start being made and there are more female costume pieces and body parts it would probably be easy to make an awesome new character without any new tooling who could take Shadow Weaver's place?
    At least until some day when a figure of the real Shadow Weaver could finally be produced.

Would you welcome that?

What would you want such a character to be like?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

The could always do this Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The could always do this Witch
    Oh yeah, forgot about her!

Elpheba for MOTUC!!!

I think there might be a possibility to release the 200X Horde Wraiths and offer a female one as substitute for Shadow Weaver. I doubt that Mattel's going to take the risk though, and I'd rather wait for them to secure the Filmation rights. BUT I'd buy the Horde Wraiths in a heartbeat!

"DESPONDOS! DESPONDOS! DESPONDOS!"
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

I think they've said they don't want to make concept sketches "at this time" or something like that. I don't think a Halloween/Oz looking witch figure would be all that welcomed by most fans, although she'd look hilarious next to Ninjor and Rio Blast.

Given how they're treating Illumina, does anyone expect new characters now? I think they've killed a huge part of this line's appeal for me.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I think there might be a possibility to release the 200X Horde Wraiths and offer a female one as substitute for Shadow Weaver. I doubt that Mattel's going to take the risk though, and I'd rather wait for them to secure the Filmation rights. BUT I'd buy the Horde Wraiths in a heartbeat!

"DESPONDOS! DESPONDOS! DESPONDOS!"
    Agreed. The Horde Wraith's would be a great addition to the line, and a nice place holder for if and when they ever are able to do Shadow Weaver.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Given how they're treating Illumina, does anyone expect new characters now? I think they've killed a huge part of this line's appeal for me.
    I kind of think they've fallen all over themselves trying to convince us that they WEREN'T going to make new characters, and it's time we all stop treating that like they're being coy.

Since day one they've said it's new sculpts of old toys only. Zodak was a repaint of an old toy, as was Goddess, He-Ro was an unproduced old toy, Kronis is just new parts for an old toy.

I keep getting excited any time speculation in these threads brings up some MYP or mini comic character, but Mattel has done absolutely nothing to suggest that they are going to do anything but what they've already said they're going to do, which is re-make the MOTU, POP and NA figures, with maybe a paint deco nod to 2002 characters and minicomic variants.

So for my part I'm going to stop hoping for Filmation characters and looking for clues and believing that Toyguru is hiding some "better" truth.

Instead I'm going to just enjoy this line as advertised, and it IS a spectacular line in every way. The unflocked ears news this week shows me that within the confines of their program they're working hard to make it right.

If mattel ever did get the Filmation license, I`d rather see then just do a brand new filmation MOTU line than trying to shoehorn anything else into MOTUC. The rights will come so far into the line that Shadow Weavers bio would suck along with any other Filmation only characters

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    I kind of think they've fallen all over themselves trying to convince us that they WEREN'T going to make new characters, and it's time we all stop treating that like they're being coy.

Since day one they've said it's new sculpts of old toys only. Zodak was a repaint of an old toy, as was Goddess, He-Ro was an unproduced old toy, Kronis is just new parts for an old toy.

I keep getting excited any time speculation in these threads brings up some MYP or mini comic character, but Mattel has done absolutely nothing to suggest that they are going to do anything but what they've already said they're going to do, which is re-make the MOTU, POP and NA figures, with maybe a paint deco nod to 2002 characters and minicomic variants.

So for my part I'm going to stop hoping for Filmation characters and looking for clues and believing that Toyguru is hiding some "better" truth.

Instead I'm going to just enjoy this line as advertised, and it IS a spectacular line in every way. The unflocked ears news this week shows me that within the confines of their program they're working hard to make it right.
    They started the line with King Grayskull, a new character as a toy. As you say, they followed him with He-Ro, a new character as a toy. They've said Faceless One is coming, that they can make figures out of people like Carnivous and described how they'd do it. I refuse to stop asking for these figures, that's what being a fan is to me. But I understand if you feel beaten down and want to give up. I won't follow suit, though I will still express my disappointment along the way.

If we aren't getting new characters such as Count Marzo, Evilseed, Prahvus, Keldor, Demo-Man etc..

Then what's the point when we can just collect the original figures cheaper from sites like eBay?
    At least we know that ALL the original characters were made, there's no guarantee of that with MOTUC.

The main reason I want to collect MOTUC is the hope that I can get all the original MOTU/POP/NA characters that were made in the 80's and new characters to add to the line as well to enrich my MOTU Universe. He-Ro and The Goddess were nice, but if nothing else new is going to be offered from now on it'll be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    He-Ro and The Goddess were nice, but if nothing else new is going to be offered from now on it'll be a disappointment.
    I think everyone needs to remember were in Mattel's world and not the promised land. I'm going to be satisfied getting most of the original characters. If they are nitpicking over the cost of tooling new figures it's highly unlikely they will spend any money for the rights to make a Shadow Weaver or Evil Seed.

'Blessed is the man who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed' Alexander Pope

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    If we aren't getting new characters such as Count Marzo, Evilseed, Prahvus, Keldor, Demo-Man etc..
    Well...to be fair, the only new character in that line-up is Prahvus.

Count Marzo and Evil Seed were in Filmation. Keldor was in one of the last mini-comics (never shown, only named) and Demo-Man is Skeletor.

I believe we will see some new characters though, such as Lord Dactus. Toyguru mentioned him by name when talking about how 200X characters would look in MOTUC.

So, I don't believe we will see very many new characters, but there will be a few.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    If mattel ever did get the Filmation license, I`d rather see then just do a brand new filmation MOTU line than trying to shoehorn anything else into MOTUC. The rights will come so far into the line that Shadow Weavers bio would suck along with any other Filmation only characters
    I don't care what bio they give her, I just want a MOTUC Shadow Weaver to go with the rest of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by sKareGlo View Post
    I think everyone needs to remember were in Mattel's world and not the promised land. I'm going to be satisfied getting most of the original characters. If they are nitpicking over the cost of tooling new figures it's highly unlikely they will spend any money for the rights to make a Shadow Weaver or Evil Seed.
    They don't need to get rights for Evilseed, unless they're desperate for him to have an onion head!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    They don't need to get rights for Evilseed, unless they're desperate for him to have an onion head!
    An Evil Seed without an onion head???

Elder Councilman
    I don't think we'll be too worried about the Filmation rights for much longer; if you read what Pixel Dan recently said, a lot of Filmation stuff is being taken down from Youtube, and Mattel asked that he take the intro off of his MOTUC reviews, indicating something very big is going on now in negotiations between Classic Media and Mattel.

Just be patient
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    I don't think we'll be too worried about the Filmation rights for much longer; if you read what Pixel Dan recently said, a lot of Filmation stuff is being taken down from Youtube, and Mattel asked that he take the intro off of his MOTUC reviews, indicating something very big is going on now in negotiations between Classic Media and Mattel.

Just be patient
    Maybe they're getting tired of all the "We want Shadow Weaver" etc, threads.

Plus, I'm sure Mattel now realizes the gold-mine that is the entire MOTU brand. So, they obviously want to own all their characters and stories again, so they can sell us a vast amount of products.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Elder Councilman
    the funny thing is, looking back on the vintage line, it seems like Mattel sort of "cheapened out" a bit, and just did the bare minimum of Filmation characters necessary that would please the kiddies.

Think about it...we never saw Strong Arm, Sea Hawk, or Shadow Weaver.

Orko was essential to appeal to the really young crowd, and we needed Prince Adam.

Sorceress sorta seemed like the character they finally decided to make as a desperate last attempt to cash in on the popularity of the then-waning franchise.

Again, only the absolute essentials; they didn't seem to desire to delve any deeper into that.

Correct me if you see otherwise.

the funny thing is, looking back on the vintage line, it seems like Mattel sort of "cheapened out" a bit, and just did the bare minimum of Filmation characters necessary that would please the kiddies.

Think about it...we never saw Strong Arm, Sea Hawk, or Shadow Weaver.

Orko was essential to appeal to the really young crowd, and we needed Prince Adam.

Sorceress sorta seemed like the character they finally decided to make as a desperate last attempt to cash in on the popularity of the then-waning franchise.

Again, only the absolute essentials; they didn't seem to desire to delve any deeper into that.

Correct me if you see otherwise.
    You're basically correct. It's rumoured that Mattel had prototypes of Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Octavia...and there's a document that has a picture of Octavia on it stamped "Mattel Toy"...so they may have been coming.

I am really surprised we didn't see more characters though. Like: Queen Marlena, Adora, Sea Hawk, Madame Razz and Broom, Twiggets, any female Horde members...

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    You're basically correct. It's rumoured that Mattel had prototypes of Shadow Weaver, Scorpia and Octavia...and there's a document that has a picture of Octavia on it stamped "Mattel Toy"...so they may have been coming.

I am really surprised we didn't see more characters though. Like: Queen Marlena, Adora, Sea Hawk, Madame Razz and Broom, Twiggets, any female Horde members...
    I'm not, for two reasons:

1. She-Ra didn't perform anywhere near as well as MOTU did. So why continue the line with characters they have to pony up the cash to license the rights to make?

2. Queen Marlena would be essential today, but back then, the boys were just happy to have King Randor.

I was thinking, since it's unlikely we'll see Shadow Weaver as a MOTUC figure anytime soon, would fans accept it if Mattel made a new female action figure affiliated with the Horde who could fulfil the role of "Horde Witch"?
    YES !! I would be very very happy . But after adora ...I still hope Weaver will get made in filmation style......anyway I'm ok with a horde witch ....
    Last edited by triklops1; February 13, 2010 at 09:39am.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    How do you conclude this:

I don't think we'll be too worried about the Filmation rights for much longer . . . something very big is going on now in negotiations between Classic Media and Mattel.
    From this:

. . . a lot of Filmation stuff is being taken down from Youtube, and Mattel asked that he take the intro off of his MOTUC reviews . . .

Just be patient
    thats interesting .....and damn right 2!!!!!!! MATTEL had to make a deal with CLASSIC MEDIA and maybe acquire rights for future home video releases & others..... just like mattel did with myp series
    Last edited by triklops1; February 13, 2010 at 09:46am.
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

They started the line with King Grayskull, a new character as a toy. As you say, they followed him with He-Ro, a new character as a toy.
    He-Ro isn't a new character (originated from the short-lived 1980's POG line).

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    He-Ro isn't a new character (originated from the short-lived 1980's POG line).
    You didn't notice I said "as a toy."