Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Filmation Hordak Speculation/Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Heroic Warrior

Official Filmation Hordak Speculation/Discussion Thread

Is is possible to get a Hordak closer in appearance to the filmation version?

Is this version of Hordak in any of the guides or anything?

Anyone else here hoping for this version?

I would love a Filmation version of Hordak. Don't know if they can do it or not as I'm not sure who owns that design. Hordak is a Mattel character, but that particular design of him was done by Filmation so who knows if they could do it or not.
    END OF LINE

I would personally rather see Hurricane Hordak released. (I don't know about Buzz Saw, unless they could actually make his action feature represented in some form or fashion.)

Filmation Hordak, I belive, is not in the cards...for now... If they do manage to make him, I may rethink this.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Does Filmation actually have the rights to Hordak's color scheme? Because MOTUC Hordak already differs slightly from Filmation Hordak in design. So can Mattel get away with using Filmation colors on the existing MOTUC Hordak mold?

I personally prefer the version we have but I'm certainly not opposed to a repaint for those who want him.

Re-release hordak in the same exact colors as the original, as all the rereleases have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    I would love a Filmation version of Hordak. Don't know if they can do it or not as I'm not sure who owns that design. Hordak is a Mattel character, but that particular design of him was done by Filmation so who knows if they could do it or not.
    He CAN be done in blue, here is a page from the MOTU licensing guide, not to be mistaken for the Pop one This is guide sent to licensee`s to let them know what needs to be done to Mattel copyrighted material before it can be legally released. So Mattel owns EVERYTHING in both this guide and the Pop one the they used Adora`s design from.

I would like that as a re-release.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

yeah i would love to see a true filmation hordak, you know, with that quadratic jaw

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian_Canadian View Post
    Is is possible to get a Hordak closer in appearance to the filmation version?

Is this version of Hordak in any of the guides or anything?

Anyone else here hoping for this version?
    If they did him in Filmation colors, it would have to be a Bonus Figure instead of a rerelease, and that is one bonus figure that would be a waste as I would rather have characters not released before as my bonuses.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Full Filmation style for me.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Photobucket

I think that Filmation Hordak, or as I like to refer to him Battleground Hordak, should be like Emiliano's Vision (Version B) combined with Buzz-Saw Hordak. Before Hurricane Hordak came out I thought that they should have combined HH with BSH, but since we already have HH I think this new combo would do nicely. Especially because it could tie in to Hordak's transformation into more machine than man and can get two variants in one figure....

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...miliano+vision
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

How will Filmation Hordak be incorporated into MOTUC?

I was just watching some POP episodes - and realised how much I'd warmed to the blue Filmation Hordak - design and character. I will always prefer the darker MOTU grey warlord/wizard angle - but the Filmation one has some cool elements to it.

I think I read in a mini comic once (can't remember the name) that Hordak once going into Eternia Tower gets some special powers to change his appearance or armor(?)

I think this would be a good way of upgrading Hordak's character - much like what NA would do for Skeletor. This could be Hordak's "next chapter" - he could become more machine-like.

I wonder what he'll be called? "Techno Hordak" anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I was just watching some POP episodes - and realised how much I'd warmed to the blue Filmation Hordak - design and character. I will always prefer the darker MOTU grey warlord/wizard angle - but the Filmation one has some cool elements to it.

I think I read in a mini comic once (can't remember the name) that Hordak once going into Eternia Tower gets some special powers to change his appearance or armor(?)

I think this would be a good way of upgrading Hordak's character - much like what NA would do for Skeletor. This could be Hordak's "next chapter" - he could become more machine-like.

I wonder what he'll be called? "Techno Hordak" anyone?
    The story you refer to explains how he got his Buzz Saw powers.

Heroic Warrior
    The Central Tower turned him into Buzzsaw Hordak, if I remember correctly.

Anyways, if they make the Filmation Hordak, my guess is like the drastic changes for Teela and Evil Lyn he will be Battleground Hordak.

He will be Half-Bro-Hordak - the half-brother of Hordak who had a Gar-Mother.

Half-Bro-Hordak could also be the half-bro of Half-Bro-Keldor.

This explains why there's a grey Hordak on Eternia & a blue Hordak on Etheria. Sort of.

Mattel is all about the dysfunctional families, you know. It's very dramatic.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 24, 2011 at 05:03pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Easy. Call him Etherian Hordak. His coloration is a reaction to the Etherian moons and environment.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The thing is - what IS Hordak's skin colour? - is it grey or blue - we don't know for certain - maybe he wears skin tight armor?

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Seeing as the 200x Hordak had his body disintergrate when he was banished to Despondos, i figured that the Filmation Techno Hordak was a body built for Hordak's soul to inhabit.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

One thing is absolutely clear to me - a Filmation Hordak could not just be a simple re-paint. He would need a new head. I never liked the oversized vintage head.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    One thing is absolutely clear to me - a Filmation Hordak could not just be a simple re-paint. He would need a new head. I never liked the oversized vintage head.
    It seems most Horde get this treatment:

Hordak - bulbous head
    Griz - hugely hairy head
    Leech - enormous marsh-mellow-fanged head
    Mantenna - expect a huge, wide head
    Modulock - expect 2 disproportionate heads
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Easy. Call him Etherian Hordak. His coloration is a reaction to the Etherian moons and environment.
    Great! You just turned Hordak into a glorified mood ring.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Great! You just turned Hordak into a glorified mood ring.
    That's hilarious just need Perfuma around him "Hordikins" i love that episode.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here comes Reboot!

I think it can be explained that Hordak and Modulok might have been experimenting with the ancient HORDE techno-virus that Horde Prime used to infect He-Ro and the Pre-Eternian Dinos. Maybe Hordak takes a dose of the new improved virus and turns blue with technological powers, but the effect is temporary. After a while, he reverts back to his old gray body.

Maybe Imp is also a product of this science too, since he's also blue and can turn into stuff.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I can see Buzz-saw Hordak in Filmation colors, but that's about it.

The truth was that Filmation designed Hordak like that because he was too dark for the cartoon. Black colors don't go too well in comparison with shadows back in the day.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!