Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Filmation Hordak Speculation/Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior

Official Filmation Hordak Speculation/Discussion Thread

Is is possible to get a Hordak closer in appearance to the filmation version?

Is this version of Hordak in any of the guides or anything?

Anyone else here hoping for this version?

I would love a Filmation version of Hordak. Don't know if they can do it or not as I'm not sure who owns that design. Hordak is a Mattel character, but that particular design of him was done by Filmation so who knows if they could do it or not.
    END OF LINE

I would personally rather see Hurricane Hordak released. (I don't know about Buzz Saw, unless they could actually make his action feature represented in some form or fashion.)

Filmation Hordak, I belive, is not in the cards...for now... If they do manage to make him, I may rethink this.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Does Filmation actually have the rights to Hordak's color scheme? Because MOTUC Hordak already differs slightly from Filmation Hordak in design. So can Mattel get away with using Filmation colors on the existing MOTUC Hordak mold?

I personally prefer the version we have but I'm certainly not opposed to a repaint for those who want him.

Re-release hordak in the same exact colors as the original, as all the rereleases have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    I would love a Filmation version of Hordak. Don't know if they can do it or not as I'm not sure who owns that design. Hordak is a Mattel character, but that particular design of him was done by Filmation so who knows if they could do it or not.
    He CAN be done in blue, here is a page from the MOTU licensing guide, not to be mistaken for the Pop one This is guide sent to licensee`s to let them know what needs to be done to Mattel copyrighted material before it can be legally released. So Mattel owns EVERYTHING in both this guide and the Pop one the they used Adora`s design from.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    He CAN be done in blue, here is a page from the MOTU licensing guide, not to be mistaken for the Pop one
    oooh! thanks for sharing!

I hope we get him as a re-release or a bonus figure.

maybe bonus figure would be better, that was people who missed out could get the original.

Is there a site where we can see the MOTU guide?

I've seen a POP one but not an MOTU one.

I'm curious to see which other characters we could potentially get in Filmation colours or style.

Catra in her Horde outfit is in the POP one, right?
    Last edited by Eternian_Canadian; February 12, 2010 at 02:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    He CAN be done in blue, here is a page from the MOTU licensing guide, not to be mistaken for the Pop one This is guide sent to licensee`s to let them know what needs to be done to Mattel copyrighted material before it can be legally released. So Mattel owns EVERYTHING in both this guide and the Pop one the they used Adora`s design from.
    Sorry, that's not true. Shadow Weaver is in the guide and we have been told time and again that she can not be made due to that Mattel does "NOT" own the rights to the character. And didn't they already say that they couldn't do a blue Hordak cause of issue looking to much like the Filmation version cause again. They do not own the rights to the way he looks in the Filmation series.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    And didn't they already say that they couldn't do a blue Hordak cause of issue looking to much like the Filmation version cause again. They do not own the rights to the way he looks in the Filmation series.
    Is that true? Did someone officially say that? When/where?

If true then why were they able to make an Adora that is IDENTICAL to the Filmation version, complete with the holster/gun ... ?

I thought that was because of the style guide ... ?

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    yeah i would love to see a true filmation hordak, you know, with that quadratic jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Sorry, that's not true. Shadow Weaver is in the guide and we have been told time and again that she can not be made due to that Mattel does "NOT" own the rights to the character. And didn't they already say that they couldn't do a blue Hordak cause of issue looking to much like the Filmation version cause again. They do not own the rights to the way he looks in the Filmation series.
    Shadow Weaver is in the "Styleguide" which is different than the PoP licensing guide. That was a guide for writers and artists working on the Filmation TV show. The licensing guide is different and does not have Shadow Weaver anyhwere inside it. Just some Filmationish designs for all the members of the Rebellion and Catra`s horde outfit. The MOTU one shows He man crew, Skelly`s Crew, the Horde, and even POG (He Ro crossing his staff with He Man`s Sword). Also I`ll mention again this if from the MOTU licensing guide and the Horde are the only PoP characters in it at all. This is lightyears away from any PoP style Guide issues because it`s MOTU not PoP

I could post both guides if I`m allowed (Mods, Val, Emiliano?)
    Last edited by adam03; February 12, 2010 at 03:19pm.

Didn't Hordak appear as blue in a minicomic anyway?

I wouldn't mind a blue Hordak, but there has to be a regular re-release first
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    A Filmation Hordak might be cool. Unfortunately, Mattel doesn't own the Filmation rights so far. So I guess we won't see this become a reality before a long time... if we EVER see it become a reality, that is. Not to mention Lord Masque, Dragoon, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia etc.

I would just love to see pure Filmation toys, end of. I know it can’t happen at the moment, but it would be amazing to have a Skeletor figure fashioned 100% after his Filmation likeness, as well as many other characters. It would also be a first.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Scorpia etc.
    Can't Scorpia be done at all?
    Last edited by Krueger; February 12, 2010 at 03:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Okay...blue Hordak CAN be done regardless of whether or not Mattel has the rights to the styleguide/licence guide.

He appeared in the blue look in the very first Princess of Power mini-comic.

Case closed.

He did not have the transforming arm. That is off limits for now.

One question: where is this picture of Shadow Weaver from the Styleguide? I have seen the complete styleguide and the only villains in it are Catra and Entrapta.

Filmation Characters that MAY be a possibility:

- Acrobad
    - Colonel Blast (evil Horde Rio Blast)
    - Octavia
    - Dylamug
    - Filmation looking Tung Lashor
    - Filmation looking Multibot

All have early concept designs or sheets stamped with "Mattel Toy" on them.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 12, 2010 at 04:28pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Can't Scorpia be done at all?
    Only if Mattel buys the Filmation rights... and they said it was "out of the maps" right now (they even listed Scorpia among characters that aren't ready to be made any time soon).

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy the filmation version without A doubt!
    Xbox Gamer tag: Darkbanshe
    Wish list: New Adventures toys loose or carded toys, SDCC color change orko, Masters of the universe magazines, grayskull stands, weapons pack one, 200x battle cat and panthor, vintage castle grayskull, snake moutain, and vintage vehicles.

Where can we check that guide? Is there a website with those scans?

Thanks!
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odrakir View Post
    Where can we check that guide? Is there a website with those scans?

Thanks!
    Licencing Kits

Princess of Power:
    http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/pop/l...ngpopindex.htm

Masters of the Universe:
    http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conce...ptionindex.htm
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkspecter View Post
    thank you!

I don't care what colour he comes in as i'll be repainting him anyway!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian_Canadian View Post
    Is is possible to get a Hordak closer in appearance to the filmation version?

Is this version of Hordak in any of the guides or anything?

Anyone else here hoping for this version?
    If they did him in Filmation colors, it would have to be a Bonus Figure instead of a rerelease, and that is one bonus figure that would be a waste as I would rather have characters not released before as my bonuses.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Hurricane Hordak is the better option... the color is similar to Filmation Hordak, and it gives us a chance at interchangeable arms for him, as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    I think Hurricane Hordak is the better option... the color is similar to Filmation Hordak, and it gives us a chance at interchangeable arms for him, as well.

the colour isn't similar to Filmation Hordak at all!

How is that similar to Filmation Hordak??

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Full Filmation style for me.