Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Filmation Hordak Speculation/Discussion Thread

I would like that as a re-release.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian_Canadian View Post

the colour isn't similar to Filmation Hordak at all!

How is that similar to Filmation Hordak??
    Somehow I remembered him being more blue... Oh well, that being said... I think if they went blue it would look too bold. None of the current characters are that bright; which is probably why I was thinking Hurricane. If they amped the blue in that body a bit, give it sort of a slate blue look, I think that would look good and fit with the pallette (sp?) in use already. Outside of Randor, none of the figures have a bright robust color... and on Randor it makes sense, as royalty.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Outside of Randor, none of the figures have a bright robust color... and on Randor it makes sense, as royalty.
    Skeletor, Webstor and Faker are all blue. Mer-Man is pretty bright green and yellow. I think blue Hordak would fit in nicely.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Skeletor, Webstor and Faker are all blue. Mer-Man is pretty bright green and yellow. I think blue Hordak would fit in nicely.
    As long as they temper it... right now the closest colors we have to Filmation Hordak are Randor's cape or his boots... If they went with Skeletor's blue, he would look too similar, and same for Faker's blue (neither of which are bright bold blue, btw ). It needs to be somewhere close to theirs, but with more of a grey tone, I think. Although, they could maybe pull it off with Webstor's color. I just don't think a figure in the color of Randor's boots or cape would look that good... Just my opinion.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

How will Filmation Hordak be incorporated into MOTUC?

I was just watching some POP episodes - and realised how much I'd warmed to the blue Filmation Hordak - design and character. I will always prefer the darker MOTU grey warlord/wizard angle - but the Filmation one has some cool elements to it.

I think I read in a mini comic once (can't remember the name) that Hordak once going into Eternia Tower gets some special powers to change his appearance or armor(?)

I think this would be a good way of upgrading Hordak's character - much like what NA would do for Skeletor. This could be Hordak's "next chapter" - he could become more machine-like.

I wonder what he'll be called? "Techno Hordak" anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I was just watching some POP episodes - and realised how much I'd warmed to the blue Filmation Hordak - design and character. I will always prefer the darker MOTU grey warlord/wizard angle - but the Filmation one has some cool elements to it.

I think I read in a mini comic once (can't remember the name) that Hordak once going into Eternia Tower gets some special powers to change his appearance or armor(?)

I think this would be a good way of upgrading Hordak's character - much like what NA would do for Skeletor. This could be Hordak's "next chapter" - he could become more machine-like.

I wonder what he'll be called? "Techno Hordak" anyone?
    The story you refer to explains how he got his Buzz Saw powers.

Heroic Warrior
    The Central Tower turned him into Buzzsaw Hordak, if I remember correctly.

Anyways, if they make the Filmation Hordak, my guess is like the drastic changes for Teela and Evil Lyn he will be Battleground Hordak.

He will be Half-Bro-Hordak - the half-brother of Hordak who had a Gar-Mother.

Half-Bro-Hordak could also be the half-bro of Half-Bro-Keldor.

This explains why there's a grey Hordak on Eternia & a blue Hordak on Etheria. Sort of.

Mattel is all about the dysfunctional families, you know. It's very dramatic.
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 24, 2011 at 04:03pm.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Easy. Call him Etherian Hordak. His coloration is a reaction to the Etherian moons and environment.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    The thing is - what IS Hordak's skin colour? - is it grey or blue - we don't know for certain - maybe he wears skin tight armor?

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Seeing as the 200x Hordak had his body disintergrate when he was banished to Despondos, i figured that the Filmation Techno Hordak was a body built for Hordak's soul to inhabit.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

One thing is absolutely clear to me - a Filmation Hordak could not just be a simple re-paint. He would need a new head. I never liked the oversized vintage head.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    One thing is absolutely clear to me - a Filmation Hordak could not just be a simple re-paint. He would need a new head. I never liked the oversized vintage head.
    It seems most Horde get this treatment:

Hordak - bulbous head
    Griz - hugely hairy head
    Leech - enormous marsh-mellow-fanged head
    Mantenna - expect a huge, wide head
    Modulock - expect 2 disproportionate heads
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Here comes Reboot!

I think it can be explained that Hordak and Modulok might have been experimenting with the ancient HORDE techno-virus that Horde Prime used to infect He-Ro and the Pre-Eternian Dinos. Maybe Hordak takes a dose of the new improved virus and turns blue with technological powers, but the effect is temporary. After a while, he reverts back to his old gray body.

Maybe Imp is also a product of this science too, since he's also blue and can turn into stuff.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I can see Buzz-saw Hordak in Filmation colors, but that's about it.

The truth was that Filmation designed Hordak like that because he was too dark for the cartoon. Black colors don't go too well in comparison with shadows back in the day.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    The truth was that Filmation designed Hordak like that because he was too dark for the cartoon. Black colors don't go too well in comparison with shadows back in the day.
    Interesting.

Hordak is black in some of the UK Ladybird books.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chudman1000 View Post
    The Central Tower turned him into Buzzsaw Hordak, if I remember correctly.

Anyways, if they make the Filmation Hordak, my guess is like the drastic changes for Teela and Evil Lyn he will be Battleground Hordak.
    Well, Buzzsaw Hordak's basically undoable in MotUC - he's almost identical to OGtoy-Hordak in colour and design, after all. A misshapen Horde symbol does not a viable variant make

They might well apply the "Buzzsaw Hordak" name to Filmation Hordak.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Toy-Hordak's no darker than, say, Masque. Remembering that - from what Busta & Emiliano have said - the cartoon models were developed first, I suspect it was Mattel wanting to make him look more different from Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Here comes Reboot!
    Here you go :

Maybe Imp is also a product of this science too, since he's also blue and can turn into stuff.
    The way I tend to read the cartoon is that Imp's a "mini-me" version of how Hordak used to look - his smooth, white head looks like a metallic mask/helmet that's been bonded to him, perhaps after some horrific injury.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I say he gets infected with the techno-organic virus like the dinosaurs (Bionotops, anyone?). Makes sense from the bios perspective, anyway.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I know it's unlikely, but I hope they incorporate Noah, the wizard of Woeful Mountain teaching Hordak his magic on Etheria. I know that conflicts with his 200x bio, but I figured he could have lost his magic when banished to Despondos and had to re-learn it in order to find a way back to Eternia.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Easy. Call him Etherian Hordak. His coloration is a reaction to the Etherian moons and environment.
    Great! You just turned Hordak into a glorified mood ring.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Great! You just turned Hordak into a glorified mood ring.
    That's hilarious just need Perfuma around him "Hordikins" i love that episode.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Photobucket

I think that Filmation Hordak, or as I like to refer to him Battleground Hordak, should be like Emiliano's Vision (Version B) combined with Buzz-Saw Hordak. Before Hurricane Hordak came out I thought that they should have combined HH with BSH, but since we already have HH I think this new combo would do nicely. Especially because it could tie in to Hordak's transformation into more machine than man and can get two variants in one figure....

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...miliano+vision
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Seeing as the 200x Hordak had his body disintergrate when he was banished to Despondos, i figured that the Filmation Techno Hordak was a body built for Hordak's soul to inhabit.
    kinda how I saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

Here comes Reboot!

I think it can be explained that Hordak and Modulok might have been experimenting with the ancient HORDE techno-virus that Horde Prime used to infect He-Ro and the Pre-Eternian Dinos. Maybe Hordak takes a dose of the new improved virus and turns blue with technological powers, but the effect is temporary. After a while, he reverts back to his old gray body.

I certainly assumed that at the very least the tech virus was introduced to explain weird biotech dinsaurs back in powers of grayskull line, but I quickly assumed was also in the pipe to explain techno hordak later.

Snappy Threader
    Filmation Hordak is so iconic, surely we will get him. I hope anyway.