Thread: Did Mattel wisely up the production for the Eternian Palace Guards?

Heroic Warrior

Did Mattel wisely up the production for the Eternian Palace Guards?

Is anyone surprised that the Eternian Palace Guards haven't sold out yet? With my luck, they will sell out within 5 minutes of this post. But, honestly, these are the army builders. The figures that are expected to be bought in doubles & triples & so forth. Yet, I don't think the reason they haven't sold out yet is because they weren't as popular as we thought. I actually thing Mattel took into account how many Club Eternia subscribers & outside buyers would want multiple packs. Now, call it wishful thinking because that is something they didn't consider with the Castle Grayskull stands the first time around. But, I see the stands haven't sold out yet too, so maybe they have learned a lesson. Because honestly, stands & army figures should always be around to purchase. There's always going to be figures coming out that some people will eventually want some stands for. It might be expensive for me to buy 4 army builder packs in one shot because of the fear of them selling out when it would be better for me to come back every month and buy an army builder to grow my army at my leisure. I say that Mattel should always have as much army builder packs as they have DCU & JLU figures in stock...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Is anyone surprised that the Eternian Palace Guards haven't sold out yet? With my luck, they will sell out within 5 minutes of this post. But, honestly, these are the army builders. The figures that are expected to be bought in doubles & triples & so forth. Yet, I don't think the reason they haven't sold out yet is because they weren't as popular as we thought. I actually thing Mattel took into account how many Club Eternia subscribers & outside buyers would want multiple packs. Now, call it wishful thinking because that is something they didn't consider with the Castle Grayskull stands the first time around. But, I see the stands haven't sold out yet too, so maybe they have learned a lesson. Because honestly, stands & army figures should always be around to purchase. There's always going to be figures coming out that some people will eventually want some stands for. It might be expensive for me to buy 4 army builder packs in one shot because of the fear of them selling out when it would be better for me to come back every month and buy an army builder to grow my army at my leisure. I say that Mattel should always have as much army builder packs as they have DCU & JLU figures in stock...lol.
    I agree 100%.

There are certain things that should just always be available.

Stands
    Army builder sets
    The Original He-Man
    The Original Skeletor

The stands and army builders should always be around for the reasons you stated.

He-Man and Skeletor should always be around to help draw in new collectors. As the two main characters and the most recognizable, they should always be there. Someone who hasn't begun collecting may be more encouraged to start if they can get the two main figures at any time without having to go to the secondary market.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I ordered 4 sets of the guards yesterday, myself. But I understand and do agree that getting several sets at once is expensive and I can see where people might want to be order a set here and there going forward. So, it would be nice if they were available for a while and if Mattel didn't see them as a "failure" as a result.

The same goes for the stands. I actually didn't order any stands yesterday specifically because I was already spending so much on the guards. I had gotten 2 packs of stands on their first release, and considered getting more, but I don't really "need" them, and they are more decorative to me than anything (IMO, from a functional standpoint, they suck as actual stands for the figures).

Whatever happens, I just hope this doesn't put them off of making future army builder sets. At minimum, they need to release a Horde Trooper pack! Of course, since the 2-packs cost the same as 2 individual figures, I guess it doesn't really matter if the Troopers come individually or in a 2-pack. It would be nice if they 2-packs were a little bit cheaper than buying 2 separate figures (like maybe $35.... even $37 or $38 would at least be some savings).
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 19, 2011 at 09:29am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/7851032476

TG said that yes, they did increase production on the Guards, but that most of them had gone by the time he posted that.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Im truly shocked that there are still guards available. Stands not so much.

I only bought two packs of stands last year, and those 10 have served me well, I display my personal top 10 figs on them. the rest of the figs stand fine without em.

I bought another 3 boxes yesterday, just incase I need them at some point. But Im am waiting for the certain to follow 'Snake mountain' stands, so dont see a need to have a CG stand for each figure!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Very pleasantly surprised that the guards lasted so long. I think they should always be around for purchase (along with at least a few A-list figures) but knowing Mattel and their thought process, that wouldnt be a good thing for the line.

cmon guys after xmass everybody is broke, i think was a bad idea to put them on january, i still cant buy those ones..........
    and i think like me should be some more people!!
    i bought 2 subscriptions so at least i have my vikor
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

I hope they stick around for a month because I may pick up another set next month. I could only justify one this month.

It's amazing that we're "shocked" that there is something MOTUC related that lasted into Day #2.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    I hope they stick around for a month because I may pick up another set next month. I could only justify one this month.

It's amazing that we're "shocked" that there is something MOTUC related that lasted into Day #2.
    matty will take them down before then.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post

You are TOTALLY correct brother! get it togheter Matty.... Have these available!

In my particular case, Matty doubled my order..So I have two orders containing two sets of palace guards and 3 sets of stands, each. I thought of cancelling one, but I will keep them all! LOL!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I hope Matty doesn't take down the Guards. I might want to pick up another pack next week. It is amazing they are still there though. I'm happy about that though.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    matty will take them down before then.
    I am sure they will...but I think they only take them down because it's logistically too difficult for DR to deal with too many things being on sale at once. (Either that or "rereleases" will get buzz and get more people to buy because they've had to wait).

If they have X amount of total figures and they like to keep Y out for customer service/returns...

Then you should have them available until X-Y is sold. They don't...they take them down and take the leftovers to Cons and rerelease them later on.

The order limit has to come down.

Between upped production and the $40.00 price tag it does not surprise me that the PG have not sold out. I have no doubt that they will eventually sell out though.

Also I'm not so sure the PG are that popular, now when the Horde Troopers come that's a different story. If they last past a day I'll be beyond shocked.

I just hope that the "slow" sales of the 2-pack stuff (PG, Mo-Larr, TRU 2 packs) will not discourage Mattel from keeping them around.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I'm pretty psyched about the fact that they thought ahead on these guys and produced more than the usual figure, and that ToyGuru has said that there's not that many left... shows they're a hit and that the way has been paved for what we're REALLY waiting for... HORDE TROOPER packs!!!

I don't think they'll sell out. Matty will pull them and tell us that they sold out. Then they'll re-appear as a re-release. As for the stands, it is interesteing that the first ones disappeared in the blink of an eye, yet these ones are still available. I put the time of year (and lack of funds) down as a big factor. Maybe Mattel shouldn't make January such an expensive month?

I find it more interesting that the Goddess is still available. Anyone holding out for a fixed version may be disappointed. I can't see Mattel going back into production if the frst run can sell out.

I stated in another thread you never see more than 2-6 Palace Guards at once on any filmation show anyway. But if by some Miracle they are still up by this payday Friday, I may get a few more to add to my 3, I still have a unopenedc box of stands from the first release, so I don't think I'll get more of those yet.

i need them to stay untill the end of the month (am i dreaming?) i will cross my fingers but maybe if they will be till the end of the mounth should translate for matty like a real bad thing..... i remember the start of the line when the idea of matty were that the figures long for 2 weeks, and now if they are still on sale for more than one day people become to get worry about the line......
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info