Thread: MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report

Hybrid View

Widget

MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report

http://www.myauctionreports.com

Please update your bookmark for the MOTU Classics Sales Report to our new web-site at:

http://www.myauctionreports.com

Last edited by ComicTrek.Net; December 2, 2010 at 03:20pm. Reason: New URL

Those are some disturbing figures. But if Matty wants those figures they too better get their heads out of their asses and start to even more up in production!
    Accept the unacceptable.

useful and illuminating - and yes - it should tell Matty something. Bring on KG fast!

On the flip side there's about 15 other figures that would Read......

What's wrong with a few figures in the line fetching big dollars? I don't even have a Greyskull, but would rather not even see it Re-released. EVERY line should have at least a FEW figures that never see the light of day ever again ESPECIALLY if it's an exclusive and that should be one of them.

Things like that add to the allure and keep it going with collect ability high, it's a highlight of the line. Would you really stop collecting if EACH and EVERY figure didn't get re-released? I think not....Faker is another one....I paid a premium price to obtain one just like i do with certain other figures in any other line and I have no problem doing so...It's the name of the game.

I laugh when I see people saying that these types of figures HAVE to be re-released!!!...No they don't, they're EXCLUSIVES!! Haven't you ever collected anything before? The term "Exclusive" tells you everything you need to know....Matty bends at the knees to peer pressure yet again...

I think that it's an injustice when Exclusives get re-released and yes I know that the packaging is different, big deal...is the figure? No...

Anyway...I'll be away till Sunday night...but would love to respond if need be then.

Thats a neat page, its about what I was thinking $10 extra over base for most figures and then the special ones are in the $100-150 (Grayskull and Wun-Dar)

Its also in line with what I sell my extras at, so at least when I got rid of my extras it was what the market was paying.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Very cool tool! Enlightening. I'll definitely be checking back to see how much I should be paying for figures I missed. But other than KG and Wonderbread I agree the prices aren't over the top.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Sysiss View Post

What's wrong with a few figures in the line fetching big dollars? I don't even have a Greyskull, but would rather not even see it Re-released. EVERY line should have at least a FEW figures that never see the light of day ever again ESPECIALLY if it's an exclusive and that should be one of them.

Things like that add to the allure and keep it going with collect ability high, it's a highlight of the line. Would you really stop collecting if EACH and EVERY figure didn't get re-released? I think not....Faker is another one....I paid a premium price to obtain one just like i do with certain other figures in any other line and I have no problem doing so...It's the name of the game.

I laugh when I see people saying that these types of figures HAVE to be re-released!!!...No they don't, they're EXCLUSIVES!! Haven't you ever collected anything before? The term "Exclusive" tells you everything you need to know....Matty bends at the knees to peer pressure yet again...

I think that it's an injustice when Exclusives get re-released and yes I know that the packaging is different, big deal...is the figure? No...
    the problem is, that every figure in this line is 'Exclusive'. They're not in stores, only the website, so the entire line is exclusive as far as I'm concerned. that being, every figure should be made avalible on the website & rereleased at some point.

As for figures being rereleased.... why would you care or be bothered by it? I'd much rather see fans able to get these figures at a decent price than have to pay an outrageously inflated price for them. IMO, none of these figures are worth $100 or more. not by a long shot...

nobody should have to pay that much for a $20- $30 figure (which is expensive enough imo)... anyone who thinks otherwise has got to be a seller looking to make a HUGE profit at a collectors' expense.

Screw the whole 'some figures should fetch big dollars' metality. that doesn't benefit anyone but the *******s, and imo is rather a selfish way of thinking. and that's my opinion on that.

and yes... rereleasing a figure doesn't in any way step on the toes of the con exclusives. look at He-ro... the con exclusive had a stamp, while the other one didn't. so there you have it. KG will also have some type of different deco, so again, that'll have no effect on the first release version whatsoever.

how about people getting the figures they want without having to sell their soul? how about that? why do you think fans should have to pay an outrageous amount for new toys? I don't get that logic one damn bit. I can see paying a higher amount for items that are 20 + yrs old and still mib, but not for a 'brand new' item or one that's only a yr or two old. No way, no how.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Very few of those auctions are closing below $20, which when you factor in how many tens of these figures a lot of resellers have to be buying, shipping for them is negligible, so they are at very least breaking even 99% of the time.

I wish Mattel would've kept increasing production like they were throughout 2009.

Remember when DR/Matty's snafu created multiple unwanted Mer-Man orders and the market was absolutely flooded with Mer-Men?

If there had been 1 or 2 more figures after that which had similarly poor pay-off on the secondary market, resellers might have taken a big step back.

But in hindsight, the subscription-only production levels is catering right to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    the problem is, that every figure in this line is 'Exclusive'. They're not in stores, only the website, so the entire line is exclusive as far as I'm concerned. that being, every figure should be made avalible on the website & rereleased at some point.

As for figures being rereleased.... why would you care or be bothered by it? I'd much rather see fans able to get these figures at a decent price than have to pay an outrageously inflated price for them. IMO, none of these figures are worth $100 or more. not by a long shot...

nobody should have to pay that much for a $20- $30 figure (which is expensive enough imo)... anyone who thinks otherwise has got to be a seller looking to make a HUGE profit at a collectors' expense.

Screw the whole 'some figures should fetch big dollars' metality. that doesn't benefit anyone but the *******s, and imo is rather a selfish way of thinking. and that's my opinion on that.

and yes... rereleasing a figure doesn't in any way step on the toes of the con exclusives. look at He-ro... the con exclusive had a stamp, while the other one didn't. so there you have it. KG will also have some type of different deco, so again, that'll have no effect on the first release version whatsoever.

how about people getting the figures they want without having to sell their soul? how about that? why do you think fans should have to pay an outrageous amount for new toys? I don't get that logic one damn bit. I can see paying a higher amount for items that are 20 + yrs old and still mib, but not for a 'brand new' item or one that's only a yr or two old. No way, no how.
    Hey Multibot, that was a nice post. I stand by you 100% on everything you said here.

I firmly feel that each fan should get whatever figure they want without having to take out a loan just to by that figure. I also feel it's good to help a fellow fan out who missed out or can't get a certain figure, like Wundar. If I had 2 subscriptions, I'd gladly part with mine for $20 plus shipping. That's just me though, mister nice guy.

the problem is, that every figure in this line is 'Exclusive'. They're not in stores, only the website, so the entire line is exclusive as far as I'm concerned. that being, every figure should be made available on the website & re-released at some point.

So what do we call "Exclusives" then that are ONLY available at shows? Super Duper Exlcusives?...Perhaps your new to collecting....Just about EVERY line in existence has figures that never see the light of day again after a special event, why should anything new take place here? My response was in regard to "true" exclusives not the entire line and how the bulk of them are obtained.

As for figures being re-released.... why would you care or be bothered by it? I'd much rather see fans able to get these figures at a decent price than have to pay an outrageously inflated price for them. IMO, none of these figures are worth $100 or more. not by a long shot........

What's so inflated....1, 2, figures?...Seriously I'll say it again...are you new to collecting? That is a perfectly normal situation. Just about every figure aside from a select few can be found either on here or Ebay for just about cost, OR slightly higher.

Screw the whole 'some figures should fetch big dollars' metality. that doesn't benefit anyone but the *******s, and imo is rather a selfish way of thinking. and that's my opinion on that. ....
    What's selfish is that YOU feel that your *entitled* to EVERYTHING that a company makes for what YOU want it for. Did you always get everything that you asked for from your parents? Or you simply sound like someone whom never gets anything and as a result is a disgruntled collector. Again....this ENTIRE concept of collecting is NOTHING new...Somethings *should* and *are* harder to find then others, thus an increase in price.

Here you say again, what you essentially said before....You obviously take a stance in one direction while I go in the complete opposite.

You make it seem as if 90%-100% of the line is UNOBTAINABLE and how people have to sell their house and Grandpa's Coin Collection to collect the line. We're talking about a tiny amount of product here...Again this concept is NOTHING new in regard to collecting ANYTHING...There also IS a connection in keeping certain things harder to get and keeping collector interest high...

If EVERYTHING was so easy to get a good amount of people would loose interest on that merit alone....Alot of people DO collect/buy for the mere fact that they think that "something" might be worth something one day down the road and that helps keep the engine running...The "Millionaire Syndrome" is contagious and everyone wants to become one somehow, someway...What do you think is *part* of the reason that this line has been so successful to this day alone,...That very concept!!

If it takes a "few" figures to do that and keep collector interest high and the so called "engine" going so be, it who cares. Are you going to drop dead because you only have 49 pieces of plastic displayed on your shelf instead of 50, 51? Give me a break......

If Matty came out tomorrow and said that "Mo-larr" was going to be re-released 6 months after Comic Con or said nothing at all, BUT then re-released Mo-larr 6 months after comic con it would drive a stake into the heart of the Frenzy and future frenzy....Why would you want to do that to the line, for the expense of single figure so that EVERYONE could get for $20? Makes no sense...When it's gone it's gone...end of story.

I'm sure that all of us won't EVER achieve and accomplish EVERYTHING that we've always aspired to acquire in life so why should little hunks of plastic be any different. We obviously differ in opinion which is fine and a fact of life in any circumstance so I can't expect it to be any different here.

Anyway...I'll be away till Sunday night...but would love to respond if need be then.
    Why is a re-release so bad friend, missed out on KG first time around, personally looking forward to this figure~ ! It is only an injustice to you because a re-release will force the value of the original to decline, which forces collectors to stop asking 5-6 times the value of this figure! This is EXACTLY what happened with Wun-Dar! This figure was 20 just as the other, kind of an insult to ask for anything higher don't you think! Sometimes this hobby gets SO distorted...

that is an excellent page for auction prices!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

While in some respects I agree, in others I very politely and strongly disagree.

Faker as an exclusive was a pretty poor choice, in my opinion. While he was just reused parts, he's a keystone figure in the mythos, along with the 8-back characters.

As for Grayskull, maybe if he'd actually not been assembled by an even worse factory than what we have for figures now I'd be a little more peeved.

Quote Originally Posted by tmthor View Post
    one last thing look how bad poeple are getting screwed for shipping 18.00 for a figure???
    Maybe we as a comunity as a service should report those with the uber excessive shipping & ebay will pull them
    Where's it going to, though? (I didn't bother to look through them all to find it) Is insurance included? Delivery confirmation? All those variables add up. Besides, those costs are usually listed right away, unlike some other places where we have to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    Why is a re-release so bad friend, missed out on KG first time around, personally looking forward to this figure~ ! It is only an injustice to you because a re-release will force the value of the original to decline, which forces collectors to stop asking 5-6 times the value of this figure! This is EXACTLY what happened with Wun-Dar! This figure was 20 just as the other, kind of an insult to ask for anything higher don't you think! Sometimes this hobby gets SO distorted...
    Agreed! I had a similar complaint over in the marketplace. Someone was offering a Wun-Dar for $100. I honestly wasn't trying to start an argument but I felt the need to point out that this person was gouging fellow collectors. It really irritated me. But 90% of the responses were in support of this guy.

Anyway...great post on your behalf!!!

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicTrek.Net View Post
    Hi Everyone - Our new MOTU Classics eBay Sales report is now in beta on our web-site at the following link:
    Sales data is available for the month of January and the first couple days of February. As we go through the beta release through next week, more data will be added until the data is caught up and updated on a daily basis.

Im not quite sure how to interpret this,but welcome to the boards.
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Looking at the prices of most of these MOTUC figures on Ebay now, I am truly baffled as to why people would want to buy up bunches of these figures on mattycollector to re sell on Ebay. There just isn't any profit with it. I know some collectors sell their extras sometimes, but there are always a few sellers that have batches of these figures and end up losing money.

Excellent work. This should put to rest all those "How dare you ask for this price" posts. lol

I think it's a great resource when I'm trying to figure what a 'reasonable' price might be for resales. I bought a few in that moment of panic when I first started for a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    I think it's a great resource when I'm trying to figure what a 'reasonable' price might be for resales. I bought a few in that moment of panic when I first started for a bit too much.
    I'm finding its always best to wait a few weeks after the 15th for the best deals. The day or two after everyone is scrambling who missed out, but wait for the initial demand to die down and the prices for most seem to stable out. Battle Cat seems to be going for around $40 or less now just as an example.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I'm finding its always best to wait a few weeks after the 15th for the best deals. The day or two after everyone is scrambling who missed out, but wait for the initial demand to die down and the prices for most seem to stable out. Battle Cat seems to be going for around $40 or less now just as an example.
    That's certainly a good strategy for most figures. Both Adora and Trap Jaw sold for $40-$50 plus shipping after their initial release. Now, Adora is available for $20-$22 plus shipping and Trap Jaw has now started selling below $30 plus shipping.

Heroic Warrior
    keep up the good info! I will certainly have to go the ebay route for a few figs I want. ah well....