Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report

Interesting that the figures released from Aug-Dec of last year are all pretty much readily available, but then the ones for this year are not. I think there were more units produced of Tri-Klops - Randor than of Adora/Trap Jaw. I think once they got the subscription numbers firm, they lowered production back, otherwise wouldn't Tri-Klops and the like be in the same ballpark of prices? Demand seems to have only gone up.

$75 for Battle Cat is ridiculous. That shows you the demand right there. Can we get the stands on there too please? (Now that they are sure to be some of the rarest items in the line)

Also, a note, seeing how many individual units sold on ebay over two months I think shows that the after-market/reseller market is rather small, if they are indeed producing upwards 10,000 of these and only a couple hundred are sold aftermarket.

Widget

MOTU Classics Report - Updated with MOTU Diorama/Stands

First, thanks for all the kind words from everyone who have found the report useful and informative and have expressed it here on the forum and in PMs. It's nice to be appreciated!

The report has been updated with data through Tuesday, March 2. Also, per RyanSD's suggestion, the MOTU Castle Grayskull Diorama & Stands have been added to the report. There have been very few sales for the diorama and stands, especially considering that they are selling for 2 to 3 times the original $12 price tag.

The report has been updated with data through Thursday, March 4.

In-hand sales from the past week for the new DCU vs MOTU 2-Packs have been added. For both the Superman vs. He-Man and the Lex Luthor vs. Skeletor 2-Packs, most of the initial sales were over $100 delivered, but have come down to the $70 level.
    Last edited by ComicTrek.Net; March 5, 2010 at 11:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excellent work. This should put to rest all those "How dare you ask for this price" posts. lol

I think it's a great resource when I'm trying to figure what a 'reasonable' price might be for resales. I bought a few in that moment of panic when I first started for a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    I think it's a great resource when I'm trying to figure what a 'reasonable' price might be for resales. I bought a few in that moment of panic when I first started for a bit too much.
    I'm finding its always best to wait a few weeks after the 15th for the best deals. The day or two after everyone is scrambling who missed out, but wait for the initial demand to die down and the prices for most seem to stable out. Battle Cat seems to be going for around $40 or less now just as an example.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    I'm finding its always best to wait a few weeks after the 15th for the best deals. The day or two after everyone is scrambling who missed out, but wait for the initial demand to die down and the prices for most seem to stable out. Battle Cat seems to be going for around $40 or less now just as an example.
    That's certainly a good strategy for most figures. Both Adora and Trap Jaw sold for $40-$50 plus shipping after their initial release. Now, Adora is available for $20-$22 plus shipping and Trap Jaw has now started selling below $30 plus shipping.

Heroic Warrior
    keep up the good info! I will certainly have to go the ebay route for a few figs I want. ah well....

Widget

MOTU Classics Sales Report - Latest Update

The MOTU Classics report has been updated with data through Thursday, March 11. Transactions on Battle Cat and Trap Jaw have dropped off, but prices have steadied over the past couple of weeks. Pre-orders for Wun-Dar have ticked up a little bit as it seems only a couple sellers (apparently with a lot of subscriptions) are actively listing them.

The DCU vs MOTUC 2-Packs continue to be the hot items. Prospective buyers need to be selective as there are wild swings in the sales prices. On the 11th, one buyer paid $36.01 delivered for a Lex Luthor vs. Skeletor, then a couple hourse later, another buyer paid more than double at $82.99 delivered.

Disclaimer: This is not a sales list, but is simply a report that can be used as a reference for previous and recent sales of MOTU Classics. The report is available in our Reports Section at:

This report is awesome. Could you add a sales report for the vintage MOTU MOC figures as well?
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    This report is awesome. Could you add a sales report for the vintage MOTU MOC figures as well?
    Thanks for the kind words. We have started working on a report for vintage MOTU MOC figures. Just started looking at some of the prices and all I can say is "WOW!"...$640 for a Vintage MOTU Mer-Man and $406 for a Vintage Stratos. Some real amazing numbers will come out of this report.

We should be able to launch a preliminary sometime next week. We'll need some help from community here to make sure we're pulling the right data because there's so much data and the listings do not have a key word like "Classics" to easily identify the vintage MOC listings.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I think there's too many different possibilities involved in the vintage stuff to be worth the effort such as variants, card condition, international figures, etc...

I think it's best just doing this for the current Classics line rather than the vintage line.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ComicTrek.Net View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. We have started working on a report for vintage MOTU MOC figures. Just started looking at some of the prices and all I can say is "WOW!"...$640 for a Vintage MOTU Mer-Man and $406 for a Vintage Stratos. Some real amazing numbers will come out of this report.

We should be able to launch a preliminary sometime next week. We'll need some help from community here to make sure we're pulling the right data because there's so much data and the listings do not have a key word like "Classics" to easily identify the vintage MOC listings.
    Both were 8-backs, that's why they fetched such high $$. Regular 12-backs sell for much, much less.

I know it's much harder to filter vintage MOC's, but thanks for the effort!
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Widget

Moss Man Sales Added to MOTUC Sales Report

The MOTUC Sales Report has been updated with the sales data through Monday night. Moss Man's release today of course vaulted him to the top of the sales report in terms of activity, which included a huge price escalation throughout the day.

After the sell-out was completed on MattyCollector, sales immediately jumped on Moss Man with both versions selling in the $40-$50 range. While the unflocked ears version stayed in this price range for the rest of the day, the flocked ears version kept going up throughout the day, hitting $75, then $90 and topping off at $120. It may stay that high for a while as there are auctions in progress that are already over $100.

Disclaimer: This is not a sales list, but is simply a report that can be used as a reference for previous and recent sales of MOTU Classics. The report is available in our Reports Section at:

Thanks for the great work! I may have missed this in the previous posts but how are you handling the re-issues? I need to purchase a re-issue of Man-at-Arms and wanted to check out the 'average price' to gauge the auctions.

Are the re-issues lumped into the grand total? Or are the lists just first issues? Again sorry if this was already mentioned but I am curious.

Thanks!

Today, I saw an unflocked-ears Moss Man on eBay that was bid up to $150. And the auction wasn't even over!
    Last edited by Teelor; March 16, 2010 at 03:31pm.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Widget

Tagging MOTUC First Edition vs. Re-Issues in the Report

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Thanks for the great work! I may have missed this in the previous posts but how are you handling the re-issues? I need to purchase a re-issue of Man-at-Arms and wanted to check out the 'average price' to gauge the auctions.

Are the re-issues lumped into the grand total? Or are the lists just first issues? Again sorry if this was already mentioned but I am curious.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the kind words!

After a figure has been re-issued, I add a comment in the first column of whether the sale is a First Edition or re-issue. For example, here's what you would see for Man-At-Arms:

Man-At-Arms (1st Edition) 280478376993 2010-03-15 $20.00 $8.00 $28.00
    Man-At-Arms (Re-Issue) 160408052231 2010-03-15 $31.19 $8.49 $39.68
    Man-At-Arms (Re-Issue) 120542081598 2010-03-14 $29.50 $0.00 $29.50

Hmm, it's strange that a 1st Edition sold for less than a re-issue. That's normally not the case, but I hope that answers your question.
    Last edited by ComicTrek.Net; March 17, 2010 at 09:10pm.

Widget
    Adora sold for $29 with shipping. That's only a few bucks more than what it cost to buy it from Matty when it was released.

http://www.eauctionrewards.com/repor...Princess Adora

Wow! Any chance we'll see a similar price drop for Moss Man before the re-issue?

Thanks for the kind words!

After a figure has been re-issued, I add a comment in the first column of whether the sale is a First Edition or re-issue. For example, here's what you would see for Man-At-Arms:

Man-At-Arms (1st Edition) 280478376993 2010-03-15 $20.00 $8.00 $28.00
    Man-At-Arms (Re-Issue) 160408052231 2010-03-15 $31.19 $8.49 $39.68
    Man-At-Arms (Re-Issue) 120542081598 2010-03-14 $29.50 $0.00 $29.50

Hmm, it's strange that a 1st Edition sold for less than a re-issue. That's normally not the case, but I hope that answers your question.
    I also need a Man-At-Arms still and I noticed that as well. It makes no sense that the originals sell for less than the re-issues that say "the original" on them.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I also need a Man-At-Arms still and I noticed that as well. It makes no sense that the originals sell for less than the re-issues that say "the original" on them.
    I think alot of people actually see them as improvements in the early figures since they are plagued with loose joints, ect.
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Widget

The MOTUC Sales Report has been updated with the sales data through Friday, March 19. Sales data from the weekend is being processed and will be available later today.

After the first five days, over 100 sales transactions have been recorded for each version of Moss Man (Flocked and Unflocked ears). The Flocked Ears version continues to sell in the $100-$110 range (with shipping), while the Unflocked Ears version is selling for about $50 shipped.

Sales for last month's releases, Battle Cat and Trap Jaw have slowed down, but have not seen any additional drop in prices (Battle Cat averaging around $68 shipped and Trap Jaw at $45 shipped).

Don't forget to check out our new Masters of the Universe Vintage Figures report and the MOTU Classics AFA Graded Figures report. Both are also up to date with the latest sales transactions.

Widget

The MOTUC Sales Report has been updated with the sales data through Friday, March 19. Sales data from the weekend is being processed and will be available later today.

After the first five days, over 100 sales transactions have been recorded for each version of Moss Man (Flocked and Unflocked ears). The Flocked Ears version continues to sell in the $100-$110 range (with shipping), while the Unflocked Ears version is selling for about $50 shipped.

Sales for last month's releases, Battle Cat and Trap Jaw have slowed down, but have not seen any additional drop in prices (Battle Cat averaging around $68 shipped and Trap Jaw at $45 shipped).

Don't forget to check out our new Masters of the Universe Vintage Figures report and the MOTU Classics AFA Graded Figures report. Both are also up to date with the latest sales transactions.
    DC Classics figures are showing up in the drop-down list for the MOTU AFA report.

Widget

The MOTUC Sales Report has been updated with the sales data through the early morning of Thursday, March 24.

Going into their second on the secondary market, both versions of Moss Man continue to sell at a high rate as there have been over 200 sales recorded for version. The prices have dropped slightly from last week with the Flocked Ears version down from about $105 last week to about $92 while the Unflocked Ears version had a small drop from an average sales price of $45 to $42.

Trap Jaw continues to stay around the $45-$47 price range. Several sales of Battle Cat yesterday actually saw its average price pushed down to a new low $62.

Quote Originally Posted by erixunz View Post
    DC Classics figures are showing up in the drop-down list for the MOTU AFA report.
    This has been fixed. We started adding initial data for the DC Classics BAF Report.
    Last edited by ComicTrek.Net; March 25, 2010 at 11:57pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Widget
    This has been fixed. We started adding initial data for the DC Classics BAF Report.
    Thanks! Looking forward to the DC Classics report.

Widget

MOTU Classics Sales Report - April 5 Update

The MOTUC Sales Report has been updated with the sales data through Sunday, April 4. The report is as current as can be after nearly 200 sales transactions from this past weekend were uploaded.

Man...it's hard waiting so long for Battle Cat to be reissued, but I am definitely not paying at least double for one.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!