Well...I suppose that we could go back and forth all day on this, which would serve neither you nor I any good in addition to causing everyone else's eyes to go numb so I'll just leave it at that...
MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report
MOTU Classics ebay sales data through Feb 15 have been updated on the site so we're pretty much caught up.
Data for Feb 16 is being processed and should be available tonight. Sales for Battle Cat, Trap Jaw and the re-issue Man-at-Arms will be included in this upcoming update.
Sales data through last night (Sunday) was updated earlier this afternoon and can be reviewed at http://www.eauctionrewards.com. Just follow the link on the login page to the MOTU Classics Sales Report.
Some highlights to point out:
- Still plenty of sales being completed for Battle Cat and Trap Jaw.
- The average sales price (including shipping) for the last 10 sales for Battle Cat has been holding steady around $73.
- However, the average price (including shipping) for the latest 10 sales for Trap Jaw has actually gone up to almost $50.
- Other recent releases (Princess Adora) or re-issues (Skeletor and Beast Man) have also been selling regularly, but there's not a lot of activity on Man-At-Arms.
- Folks may be surprised to see that the final prices for recent sales of Princess Adora have come down to normal levels ($33-$35 with shipping).
I don't get why people are paying top dollar for either Trap Jaw or Battlecat. They are coming back in the fall. Although I will make the assumption that maybe there are fans who don't frequent here, or matty's own forums, or any of the toy blogs.........again, I don't understand why anyone is paying these prices for these figures.
Honestly, for a lot of people its probably just worth the few extra bucks to avoid the hassle. I got my Trapjaw shipped to me for $39, that's only $6 more than I would've paid on Matty.
Although I have to say that by seeing how many BattleCats have been sold, that maybe Matty should reconsider the max limit. Of course I'm of the mindset that I always felt bad for after-market resellers, there really isn't that much profit in it, and you'd have to sell a lot of product at above market price to make any decent kind of money at it. Plus if they'd invest their time in something else, they'd probably make more money too.
Sales data through Wednesday was uploaded this morning. As expected, most of the new sales are still being dominated by Battle Cat & Trap Jaw. Here's a recap and some notes of interest with the recent sales.
- Battle Cat sales have actually edged up a couple of dollars to $75 with shipping over the past day.
- Trap Jaw prices continue to stay strong around $50 shipped.
- A King Grayskull sold yesterday for over $200 plus shipping! Previous sales had been averaging around $140 shipped.
- Wun-Dar prices have come down to under $100 shipped. That's a big drop from early January when they were selling for about $150 shipped.
so $30 + $10 shipping from mattycollector? or $75 + $10 shipping from you? and people are okay with this?
no thanks, I'd rather wait than put my money in the hands of a re (*******) seller that manages to take advantage of a poorly developed system that sucks $$$ out of my hands. you are not a fan. you're a ******* and we're just a means for you to bring in a few extra bucks.
I caved in and ended up getting a Trap Jaw for a decent price off ebay recently so yeah I contributed to this. I didn't get reemed that bad though considering the shipping and tax on top of the regular $20 price that Matty charges. I didn't think I could wait til "Fall 2010 at the eariest".
Anyways I enjoy the research put into this thread, it's interesting and shows us and Mattel the demand for these figures. Keep up the good work!
I bought a few early figures on Ebay when I found out about the MOTUC two or three months after the line began. Early in 2009 there was no indication that any of the figures would be rereleased, so buying from Ebay seemed like the only choice. Fortunately I didn't have to get too many and the prices weren't too bad.
I had to resort to eBay for Battle Cat. I'm not waiting until the fall. Sorry but I'd rather pay the extra 30 bucks, I can give up junk food for a few month. That BC is the one I've wanted since I was 5.
At least I know I won't buy multiples off eBay, that helps keep the prices reasonable, IMO.
Yeah, I wish I had been able to get BC from Matty but I was one of the unlucky ones. I got my Trappy with the sub though. He still hasn't arrived because it takes at least a month. )Webstor was the only MOTUC figure I got from Matty BEFORE the next figure was up for order.) Hopefully the sub next year is all inclusive like they say and this stuff will only be an issue for multiples. I still think I might get an extra Teela, Mossman & Trap-Jaw down the road. I'm gonna see what matty does for re-issues first though.
Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
Ive got a huge a chunk of Classics ending tomorrow on ebay at retail price of $20 with no bids!
I got my Battle Cat for $59 on ebay plus $25 shipping. I might seem steep but then again I think I ended up paying over $100 for Faker (shipping included)
Besides if I had sold 300+ Battle Cats at a 100% markup, I certainly wouldn't be coming to the He-Man.Org forum to brag about it. LOL!
I actually like this thread being on here, it gives important information on how much and where to actually obtain the figures!
And its not like this is someone's personal auction thread.
Two complete months of sales data are now available on the MOTUC sales report. For the two months, there were 1,990 sales transactions recorded. eBay store sales were not included as eBay does not provide this information.
- Top Sellers in terms of transactions were Battle Cat (352 sales), followed by Trap Jaw (177), Skeletor (173), Adora (143), King Randor (107), He-Man (106), Beast Man (104), Teela (92), Scareglow (88), Wun-Dar (68), Goddess (66), He-Ro (64).
These figures all averaged at least 1 sale per day. It's no surprise that the most recent releases, Battle Cat, Trap Jaw, Skeletor (re-issue) and Princess Adora, were at the top of the list.
- On the flip side, averaging less than one sale per day were: King Grayskull (17 sales), Faker (24), Zodac (29), Stratos (32), Zodak (36), Hordak (37), Man-at-Arms (50), Tri-Klops (51), Mer-Man (52), Webstor (54).
- For these two months, the figures with the highest average sales prices were: King Grayskull ($154.89), Wun-Dar ($110.85), Battle Cat ($73.94), Faker ($53.73), He-Man ($49.82), Hordak ($46.97), Trap Jaw ($45.09), Stratos ($40.19), Mer-Man ($39.65), Skeletor ($38.89), Man-at-Arms ($38.30), Adora ($36.89).
- Lowest average sales prices: Zodac ($30.77), Tri-Klops ($31.22), Webstor ($31.88), He-Ro ($32.02), Battle Armor He-Man ($32.53), Teela ($32.50), Scareglow ($32.56), King Randor ($33.22), Beast Man ($33.35), Goddess ($33.68), Zodak ($34.30)
thanks for all the foot work for this info its good to see how well this line is doing on top of the sell outs on mattycollector.com.
Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!
My Trader Feedback thread:
Nice info there! Looks like I got EVERYTHING that I got off ebay quite a bit cheaper than average prices! If you have patience, you can find good deals on there. Again, keep up the good work here. Very much appreciated.