Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report

Well...I suppose that we could go back and forth all day on this, which would serve neither you nor I any good in addition to causing everyone else's eyes to go numb so I'll just leave it at that...

Quote Originally Posted by Reaping View Post
    Thank you! I see your a fellow West Virginian, mind if you receive a friend request from me, please let me know!
    Sure! Friend request for sure!

Widget

Sales Data Updated as of Feb 15

MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report

MOTU Classics ebay sales data through Feb 15 have been updated on the site so we're pretty much caught up.

Data for Feb 16 is being processed and should be available tonight. Sales for Battle Cat, Trap Jaw and the re-issue Man-at-Arms will be included in this upcoming update.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicTrek.Net View Post
    MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report

MOTU Classics ebay sales data through Feb 15 have been updated on the site so we're pretty much caught up.

Data for Feb 16 is being processed and should be available tonight. Sales for Battle Cat, Trap Jaw and the re-issue Man-at-Arms will be included in this upcoming update.
    Sweet! Thanks for the update.

Widget

Sales Data Updated: Battle Cat, Trap Jaw, Adora Sales

Sales data through last night (Sunday) was updated earlier this afternoon and can be reviewed at http://www.eauctionrewards.com. Just follow the link on the login page to the MOTU Classics Sales Report.

Some highlights to point out:
    • Still plenty of sales being completed for Battle Cat and Trap Jaw.

• The average sales price (including shipping) for the last 10 sales for Battle Cat has been holding steady around $73.

• However, the average price (including shipping) for the latest 10 sales for Trap Jaw has actually gone up to almost $50.

• Other recent releases (Princess Adora) or re-issues (Skeletor and Beast Man) have also been selling regularly, but there's not a lot of activity on Man-At-Arms.

• Folks may be surprised to see that the final prices for recent sales of Princess Adora have come down to normal levels ($33-$35 with shipping).

I don't get why people are paying top dollar for either Trap Jaw or Battlecat. They are coming back in the fall. Although I will make the assumption that maybe there are fans who don't frequent here, or matty's own forums, or any of the toy blogs.........again, I don't understand why anyone is paying these prices for these figures.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicTrek.Net View Post

Sales data through last night (Sunday) was updated earlier this afternoon and can be reviewed at http://www.eauctionrewards.com. Just follow the link on the login page to the MOTU Classics Sales Report.

Some highlights to point out:
    • Still plenty of sales being completed for Battle Cat and Trap Jaw.

• The average sales price (including shipping) for the last 10 sales for Battle Cat has been holding steady around $73.

• However, the average price (including shipping) for the latest 10 sales for Trap Jaw has actually gone up to almost $50.

• Other recent releases (Princess Adora) or re-issues (Skeletor and Beast Man) have also been selling regularly, but there's not a lot of activity on Man-At-Arms.

• Folks may be surprised to see that the final prices for recent sales of Princess Adora have come down to normal levels ($33-$35 with shipping).
    loving your contributions man. keep up the stellar work!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by batman1180 View Post
    I don't get why people are paying top dollar for either Trap Jaw or Battlecat. They are coming back in the fall. Although I will make the assumption that maybe there are fans who don't frequent here, or matty's own forums, or any of the toy blogs.........again, I don't understand why anyone is paying these prices for these figures.

Honestly, for a lot of people its probably just worth the few extra bucks to avoid the hassle. I got my Trapjaw shipped to me for $39, that's only $6 more than I would've paid on Matty.

Although I have to say that by seeing how many BattleCats have been sold, that maybe Matty should reconsider the max limit. Of course I'm of the mindset that I always felt bad for after-market resellers, there really isn't that much profit in it, and you'd have to sell a lot of product at above market price to make any decent kind of money at it. Plus if they'd invest their time in something else, they'd probably make more money too.

Widget

MOTU Classics Sales Report Update

Sales data through Wednesday was uploaded this morning. As expected, most of the new sales are still being dominated by Battle Cat & Trap Jaw. Here's a recap and some notes of interest with the recent sales.

• Battle Cat sales have actually edged up a couple of dollars to $75 with shipping over the past day.
    • Trap Jaw prices continue to stay strong around $50 shipped.
    • A King Grayskull sold yesterday for over $200 plus shipping! Previous sales had been averaging around $140 shipped.
    • Wun-Dar prices have come down to under $100 shipped. That's a big drop from early January when they were selling for about $150 shipped.

oh i get it!

so $30 + $10 shipping from mattycollector? or $75 + $10 shipping from you? and people are okay with this?

no thanks, I'd rather wait than put my money in the hands of a re (*******) seller that manages to take advantage of a poorly developed system that sucks $$$ out of my hands. you are not a fan. you're a ******* and we're just a means for you to bring in a few extra bucks.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    But in hindsight, the subscription-only production levels is catering right to those people.
    Another reason to offer pre-ordering on Matty Collector.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I caved in and ended up getting a Trap Jaw for a decent price off ebay recently so yeah I contributed to this. I didn't get reemed that bad though considering the shipping and tax on top of the regular $20 price that Matty charges. I didn't think I could wait til "Fall 2010 at the eariest".

Anyways I enjoy the research put into this thread, it's interesting and shows us and Mattel the demand for these figures. Keep up the good work!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I bought a few early figures on Ebay when I found out about the MOTUC two or three months after the line began. Early in 2009 there was no indication that any of the figures would be rereleased, so buying from Ebay seemed like the only choice. Fortunately I didn't have to get too many and the prices weren't too bad.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Heroic Warrior
    I had to resort to eBay for Battle Cat. I'm not waiting until the fall. Sorry but I'd rather pay the extra 30 bucks, I can give up junk food for a few month. That BC is the one I've wanted since I was 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful View Post
    I had to resort to eBay for Battle Cat. I'm not waiting until the fall. Sorry but I'd rather pay the extra 30 bucks, I can give up junk food for a few month. That BC is the one I've wanted since I was 5.
    100% mark-up on Battle Cat is steep, but I don't know if I can wait another 6 months at least. I knew I wasn't going to be able to wait on Trap Jaw, so I jumped at him on the 17th, and luckily got him for a good price.

At least I know I won't buy multiples off eBay, that helps keep the prices reasonable, IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I wish I had been able to get BC from Matty but I was one of the unlucky ones. I got my Trappy with the sub though. He still hasn't arrived because it takes at least a month. )Webstor was the only MOTUC figure I got from Matty BEFORE the next figure was up for order.) Hopefully the sub next year is all inclusive like they say and this stuff will only be an issue for multiples. I still think I might get an extra Teela, Mossman & Trap-Jaw down the road. I'm gonna see what matty does for re-issues first though.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post
    so $30 + $10 shipping from mattycollector? or $75 + $10 shipping from you? and people are okay with this?

no thanks, I'd rather wait than put my money in the hands of a re (*******) seller that manages to take advantage of a poorly developed system that sucks $$$ out of my hands. you are not a fan. you're a ******* and we're just a means for you to bring in a few extra bucks.
    Whoa, you need to calm down! Comictrek.net is only reporting Ebay prices not trying to sell anything!!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Ive got a huge a chunk of Classics ending tomorrow on ebay at retail price of $20 with no bids!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    100% mark-up on Battle Cat is steep, but I don't know if I can wait another 6 months at least. I knew I wasn't going to be able to wait on Trap Jaw, so I jumped at him on the 17th, and luckily got him for a good price.

At least I know I won't buy multiples off eBay, that helps keep the prices reasonable, IMO.
    I can't wait until fall for Battle Cat (or another Trap Jaw for Kronis) either. However, I realize the cheapest I'm going to get Battle Cat is probably $60 ($30 figure + $15 shipped to seller + $15 seller e-bay and paypal fees plus profit margin). Add shipping to that and it's close to $75 for me to get a Battle Cat. I just hope I can get one close or lower for this price.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I got my Battle Cat for $59 on ebay plus $25 shipping. I might seem steep but then again I think I ended up paying over $100 for Faker (shipping included)

Widget

It's a Sales Report - Not a For Sale List

Quote Originally Posted by Angry-Calligar View Post

As jmb410s has pointed out, this is a SALES REPORT using eBay data, not a "FOR SALE" list. I thought that would have been obvious from the detailed list of completed eBay transactions.

Besides if I had sold 300+ Battle Cats at a 100% markup, I certainly wouldn't be coming to the He-Man.Org forum to brag about it. LOL!

I actually like this thread being on here, it gives important information on how much and where to actually obtain the figures!

And its not like this is someone's personal auction thread.

Widget

MOTU Classics Sales Report - 2 Months of Data Now Available

Two complete months of sales data are now available on the MOTUC sales report. For the two months, there were 1,990 sales transactions recorded. eBay store sales were not included as eBay does not provide this information.

• Top Sellers in terms of transactions were Battle Cat (352 sales), followed by Trap Jaw (177), Skeletor (173), Adora (143), King Randor (107), He-Man (106), Beast Man (104), Teela (92), Scareglow (88), Wun-Dar (68), Goddess (66), He-Ro (64).
      These figures all averaged at least 1 sale per day. It's no surprise that the most recent releases, Battle Cat, Trap Jaw, Skeletor (re-issue) and Princess Adora, were at the top of the list.
    • On the flip side, averaging less than one sale per day were: King Grayskull (17 sales), Faker (24), Zodac (29), Stratos (32), Zodak (36), Hordak (37), Man-at-Arms (50), Tri-Klops (51), Mer-Man (52), Webstor (54).
    • For these two months, the figures with the highest average sales prices were: King Grayskull ($154.89), Wun-Dar ($110.85), Battle Cat ($73.94), Faker ($53.73), He-Man ($49.82), Hordak ($46.97), Trap Jaw ($45.09), Stratos ($40.19), Mer-Man ($39.65), Skeletor ($38.89), Man-at-Arms ($38.30), Adora ($36.89).
    • Lowest average sales prices: Zodac ($30.77), Tri-Klops ($31.22), Webstor ($31.88), He-Ro ($32.02), Battle Armor He-Man ($32.53), Teela ($32.50), Scareglow ($32.56), King Randor ($33.22), Beast Man ($33.35), Goddess ($33.68), Zodak ($34.30)

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    thanks for all the foot work for this info its good to see how well this line is doing on top of the sell outs on mattycollector.com.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Nice info there! Looks like I got EVERYTHING that I got off ebay quite a bit cheaper than average prices! If you have patience, you can find good deals on there. Again, keep up the good work here. Very much appreciated.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!