Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MOTU Classics eBay Sales Report

Widget

MOTU Classics Sales Report - April 16 Update

The MOTU Classics Sales Report has been updated with sales data through Thursday, April 15. Data for today, April 16 is in progress and the entire day's sales will be loaded after midnight PDT.

Some recent highlights from the MOTU Classics Sales Report:
    • As noted last time, Moss Man (Flocked Ears Version) has all but disappeared. After nearly 300 sales during the first two weeks of its release in the second half of March, there have been only a handful of sales during the first two weeks of April. The price is still above $90 delivered.
    • Moss Man (Unflocked Ears Version) has also seen sales slow down but there are still usually multiple sales on a daily basis. The price has gone down a bit more and is now in the $34-$40 range with shipping.
    • Wun-Dar pre-orders continue to pick up as we're only days away from the release. The sales price has actually ticked up a little bit and is back up to an average of $97 delivered.
    • Some interesting sales with 1st Edition vs. Re-Issues. With He-Man, there's about a $10-$15 premium for the 1st Edition, but with other figures such as Skeletor, Man-at-Arms and Stratos, there is basically no price difference. Some of the 1st Editions sell for less than the Re-Issues.

Additional notes from the last update:
    • A King Grayskull Bronze Variant sold for $313.95 delivered on April 3. This is the first $300+ sale recorded for this item.
    • The Castle Grayskull stands for MOTU Classics figures continue to average over $40 delivered, making them more expensive than most figures in the MOTUC line.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicTrek.Net View Post

The MOTU Classics Sales Report has been updated with sales data through Thursday, April 15. Data for today, April 16 is in progress and the entire day's sales will be loaded after midnight PDT.

Some recent highlights from the MOTU Classics Sales Report:
    • As noted last time, Moss Man (Flocked Ears Version) has all but disappeared. After nearly 300 sales during the first two weeks of its release in the second half of March, there have been only a handful of sales during the first two weeks of April. The price is still above $90 delivered.
    • Moss Man (Unflocked Ears Version) has also seen sales slow down but there are still usually multiple sales on a daily basis. The price has gone down a bit more and is now in the $34-$40 range with shipping.
    • Wun-Dar pre-orders continue to pick up as we're only days away from the release. The sales price has actually ticked up a little bit and is back up to an average of $97 delivered.
    • Some interesting sales with 1st Edition vs. Re-Issues. With He-Man, there's about a $10-$15 premium for the 1st Edition, but with other figures such as Skeletor, Man-at-Arms and Stratos, there is basically no price difference. Some of the 1st Editions sell for less than the Re-Issues.

Additional notes from the last update:
    • A King Grayskull Bronze Variant sold for $313.95 delivered on April 3. This is the first $300+ sale recorded for this item.
    • The Castle Grayskull stands for MOTU Classics figures continue to average over $40 delivered, making them more expensive than most figures in the MOTUC line.
    These reports are actually incredibly fascinating and I always look forward to them. Thanks for doing them!

Widget

For anyone interested in the latest MOTUC sales data before Monday's madness ensues, the MOTU Classics Sales Report has been updated with sales data through this Sunday afternoon, April 18. We're almost up to 5,000 transactions after 4 1/2 months of reporting.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    It's interesting to see this stuff, but it also angers me too.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Wow about the stands fetching higher prices than most of the figures. There must have been a really low run on these (well, that and many collectors want multiples).
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Widget

MOTU Classics Sales Report - June 16 Update

The MOTU Classics Report has been updated with sales data through June 16, which covers the first two days of the latest MOTUC releases in She-Ra and Keldor. Keldor has over 100 sales transactions recorded and She-Ra has nearly 100 transactions also.

Other trends to watch:
    • Wun-Dar's average sales price has gone down quite a bit since his release. He's sold for under $60 delivered.
    • There are still very few sales for Moss Man (Flocked Ears) with only two sales so far in June with none recorded for May.
    • Tytus' average sales price has dipped a little bit from $85 after its release to its average sales price of around $75 with shipping.
    • Evil-Lyn seems to be bucking the trend of dropping sales prices as she remains above $40 delivered.
    • Battle Cat hasn't lost much of his popularity as he continues to sell in the neighborhood of $75 shipped.

For more details and to see the original transactions, please visit our reports web-site at http://www.eauctionrewards.com/reports

I love this report. Interestingly, in Australia, Tytus went for approx $175, $130 and $110 (AUD) in three auctions that I watched recently.

Widget

Just a quick note to update everyone that the MOTU Classics Report has been updated with sales data through June 21. Additional sales data for the past couple of days are in process and will be available this weekend.

Please visit our reports web-site at http://www.eauctionrewards.com/reports

Hey ComicTrek.Net,
    Are you still updating this?
    It is a really cool resource, but I see you stopped around the time of She-Ra and Keldor.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I was wondering where this went too, it was really useful and informative. Especially for people who need to play catch up via the secondary market.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I hope they are still doing it.
    Unfortunately, that post above is the last post to-date ComicTrek.Net has made on the Org.
    Hope everything is okay!

Movie mayhem!
    Yea it would be great to have an update especially with some of the new figures that are still not on their lists. I'm really curious about Orko/Orko lite

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Hey ComicTrek.Net,
    Are you still updating this?
    It is a really cool resource, but I see you stopped around the time of She-Ra and Keldor.
    Hey guys! Sorry, the report has been on hiatus for the past few months for a couple of reasons.

First, we started reports for Sideshow & Bowen Statues which proved to be very popular and has continued to deliver a lot of hits and feedback from the collectors in these areas. The extra time we've had for these sales reports have gone into these areas.

Second, with the MOTUC line growing by 2 or 3 figures a month, the number of transactions went from about 1,000 per month to almost 1,000 per week.

If I can get a few volunteers to help out with collecting some of the data, I'd be happy to upload and maintain the reports. I would just need the report in a simple spreadsheet with Name, eBay Item Number, Sales Date, Sales Price & Shipping. If we have a few volunteers, we can split it up by character so each person would track maybe 3 to 5 characters which would make it very manageable.

Please PM me if you're interested in helping.

Please help him out folks, if you can.
    This is a great resource!

Widget

NEW URL for MOTU Classics Sales Report Update

Hi Everyone! The MOTU Classics Report is back! We've found some time to start up the report again. Please visit us at our new web-site that is strictly dedicated to our sales reports @ http://www.myauctionreports.com.

We're still in the process of updating but you'll see the latest sales for the newest products including the new King Grayskull (Re-Issue), Grizzlor, Roboto, Chief Carnivus and the SDCC Exclusive (Orko/Adam and Mo-Larr/Skeletor).

For more details and to view the original transactions, please visit the MOTU Classics Sales Report.

New Reports URL: myAuctionReports.Com

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    That's awesome news ComicTrek.Net!
    Thank you so much for updating it again,
    it's a very useful resource!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Awesome!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    That's awesome news ComicTrek.Net!
    Thank you so much for updating it again,
    it's a very useful resource!
    You're very welcome. We'll probably do smaller, regular updates (usually on a daily basis) to get caught up as much as possible.

We've loaded the latest sales data for additional characters, including He-Man, Whiplash, Moss Man, Tri-Klops and a few others.

http://www.myauctionreports.com

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for doing this... it's very interesting and usefull information... I'm sure it takes a lot of work to put it all together, so, seriously, big thanks for contributing!

Widget

REMINDER: New URL is http://www.myauctionreports.com

Hi Everyone! Just a reminder to update your bookmarks to our new, reports-only web-site @ http://www.myauctionreports.com.

We still had a few people hitting the old web-site, probably due to outdated bookmarks.

New Reports URL: http://www.myAuctionReports.Com

Quote Originally Posted by ComicTrek.Net View Post

Hi Everyone! Just a reminder to update your bookmarks to our new, reports-only web-site @ http://www.myauctionreports.com.

We still had a few people hitting the old web-site, probably due to outdated bookmarks.

I should probably go update the RGD Appendix & Notations thread.

EDIT:
    Or I got all intelligent on myself and only linked to this thread in case links did change! ComicTrek.Net, you may want to edit your previous posts to reflect the new URL. For example, I linked to the thread, but not everyone may be reading through all the replies.
    Last edited by josh; December 1, 2010 at 01:10pm.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make such a useful tool! it's served me well in previous purchases. Hopefully we might see other properties there too, like Transformers or Star Wars, though each one of them would be GARGANTUAN so i wouldn't think so... But thanks for the MOTU Vintage reports too!

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Widget

MOTU Classics Sales Report Update - Dec 16

The MOTU Classics Report has been updated with sales data as of December 16 for a large number of characters.

As mentioned before, we're rotating through different characters to update everyday until we get caught back up. We've updated a large number of characters over the past few days so you'll find the latest prices for Battle Cat, Hordak, Keldor, Zodak, Zodac, Mer-Man, Gygor and also Grayskull, Evil-Lyn, Orko, Tri-Klops, She-Ra, Adora, Stratos, Tytus and Roboto.

For more details and to view the original transactions, please visit the MOTU Classics Sales Report.

Awesome resource! Happy to help out in any way I can.. sending you a PM

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    SO! This is where this thread ended up!

Can we see any sort of thrends in the eBay-sales? I mean, with the subscription and the increased production-quotas, I'm really interested in seeing if the scalpors have decreased, or increased?

eBay-sales of course being the prime indicator for judging the amount of scalpors interested in MotuC.

Of course, I suppose a certain portion of the eBay sales, or rather amount of auctions completed or not, could be attributed to people buying subs, yet not really actually wanting every character, and then selling them off.

Hmm... that certainly makes the scalpor-quota assessment harder.