Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Official MOTUC New York Toy Fair Talkback

Wow, i like all of them. Great job 4 horsemen and mattel!

WOW what a slap in my eyes .... amazing news . except for molar .... c'mon .. beside that : AWESOME

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    So no ab crunch for Whiplash?
    Wow you have a good point there. Unless there is a rubber piece used on his torso I see no signs of ab crunch. Other than that he really is my favorite from what was shown. His amount of new tooling is incredible! But now I am wondering about that ab crunch as well.

She-Ra looks awesome as does Marzo. Keldor is pretty much what I expected however his swords are not as good as I thought they would be.

Optikk and Moss Man are still great in my opinion and Tytus and Gygor are interesting. Larger figures scare me a bit but I like what I see so far.

Weapons Pack is ok. Not sure who would wear that pinkish Zodak/Zodac gear. Actually not sure who I would use any of the new weapons with. I don't do customs and the figures are already pretty decked out in regards to weapons and armor. I'll still by it but I am not sure why haha.

Mo-Larr 2 pack and DC two packs are not in my interest. I love Superman and I always liked the power suit vest but the comic colored he-man and Skeletor don't interest me at all. I think they did a great job with Mo-Larr but I am not interested in him at all so i will pass on all 2 packs.

In general though what a nice treat to see some previews of some cool toys.
    Last edited by Hordak; February 15, 2010 at 01:01am.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    She-Ra - I do like her but wish the skirt was not so static. She's got this great hair flying around everywhere and the 4HM have done such a good job making the capes look like cloth but yet this skirt looks a bit too fixed. Lacking movement.

Whiplash - PERFECT.

Count Marzo - PERFECT.

Optikk - have loved him since we saw him but love him even more now.

Gygor - great looking, no attachment to him though - bio please

Keldor - May pass on him. Looks great though.

Moss Man - Looks great! Love the unflocked ears!

Mo-Lar - Great idea, but I'll be passing on this two pack, hope it brings in more fans though.

Superman/He-Man 2Pack - I will get this if for nothing else but the very blonde haired He-Man head. Looks like he also has a much lighter gray/vibrant red chest armor. I'll put those on my re-release He-Man.

Lex/Skeletor 2Pack - packaging looks great but I'll be passing on this, I love my original release skeletor.

Tytus - VERY cool. Can't wait to play (I mean display) this!

Weapons pack - Pass...throw in a Jeweless grey Adora sword with a thicker handle for He-Man I'd get it just for that though

Wow, took a long time to get through this thread! Mattel, awesome job. Love all the new figures. Thank you so much for finally making Marzo and Tytus OMG
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

...They're Beauteous!!!

Seeing these made me want to get up and run around in circles, Marzo especially. I'm still holding my breath to see if he comes with a pack in 'old man marzo' bonus accessory. There seems to be a LOT of new tooling going on between the few things like Marzo's loincloth and the new boot feet and especially Whiplash (amazing) who looks to be all new except for the loincloth, calves, and biceps. I'm a huge Robot Chicken fan and love the 2 pack, though I gotta say I wish Mo-Larr would have just come with an alternate Skeletor head, another figure drives the price up. The bonus stuff looks great, but I was hoping for a Stridor before Gygor or Tytus. What's with the lack of articulation on Tytus anyway? And the accessory pack is incredible, but I dunno what I'm gonna do with the purple zodac stuff except maybe paint it green... either way, She-Ra looks better than I expected and Keldor is the balls. I'll probably get two just so I can make some Keldor feet from beastman and replace that and give him the 200X swords, but he's pretty perfect as he is. BRING EM' ON!
    Last edited by AmericanLegend; February 15, 2010 at 01:48am.

I've spent several hours reading this thread little by little and now I get a chance to chime in.

Love the reveals. She Ra has me most excited. I was hoping beyond hope for the style guide look and we got it. I'm stoked. I can't wait for her. Her tiara does look a little off as a lot of you have said but it does appear better at certain angles. She looks chunkier than I'd like but so did Adora, it's just the style of these figures. Whiplash came out looking really good, gotta love the detail. Gygor is a surprise but I welcome him. Mo-Larr is OK, I'll probably grab him sooner or later, I want everything.

Cool stuff.

I'm itching to know who the last figure is.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I started writing this when post #909 was the final post in the thread, and it took me three hours to read to that point.

So what were the 2 new SKUs?

Assuming price points and not including non-mattycollector.com product, I'm guessing $40 (Tytus), and ...?

Would we really get a Weapons Pak for $10? I would guess $15.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Is Gygor really made from DC Classics Grodd? I thought Mattel said they wouldn't use any DC parts at all in the MOTU line?
    For the standard character figures, otherwise Teela and Evil-Lyn would be without some birds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Via Pixel Dan:

Tytus will be $40 on Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by radrcks View Post
    Its the shipping that will kill Tytus. I agree with you about Marzo, and Mo-Larr and Keldor, as much as I want him he just doesn't have that wow factor.
    I don't think people realize how shipping actually works. Just because something weighs 2 or 3 times as much doesn't mean it costs 2 or 3 times the original shipping cost. I get standard ground UPS for 1 MOTUC figure and shipping is $8.70. 2 MOTUC figures ran me $8.70 shipping. I once ordered 3 MOTUC figures and 7 JLU 4-packs and it was about $13.

Quote Originally Posted by Jii Dee View Post
    Is it just me but i can't see any ab crunch articulation on whiplash, unless that chest detail is a soft rubber peice thats glued on the front of him..but i doubt it.
    Someone (Mike Bock?) mentioned something about having it, but I haven't seen any ab articulation for Whiplash in any of the pics. Not that I mind; I don't care for it. Also, if that back doesn't have it, I would assume it's due to different engineering for the back attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Okay, a lot of the accessoires in that pack don't make ANY sense at all.

Brown Beast Man clothes + red whip? ...Silver Moss Man wooden(!) club? Weak.
    I agree about the Moss Man club. As for the Beast Man armor: Moss Man. The red whip? As I quoted sdomeone later on: Stratos. It matches his colors, though some work will have to be done to close his fist.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYMOTUFAN View Post
    This bio actually made me want the figure. My problem with it, though, is the wording "...Tytus fell during the first Ultimate Battle Ground..."

I'm pretty sure battleground should be one word. Also, it makes the Ultimate Battleground sound like an event that has tickets sold for it and pay-per-view buys. A battleground is a place, not a time.

Knowing my luck, though, this is being discussed in another thread I won't have a chance to read for another 20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    ...Now, let's be careful... we still have to see what about quality control issues, what about She-Ra's head (does she have an up and down movement ?...
    Quoted For Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    that Tytus' bio mentions that he built Castle Grayskull before one of the Three Towers.....

whereas in the original minicomic The Ultimate Battleground, The Sorceress tells He-Man the Three Towers were built before Castle Grayskull!

I thought that was interesting, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex_Alfa View Post
    I still think Optikks chest isn't an armour... do someone know it?
    If you look at the ****** pics of him near his armpit, you can see the torso buck underneath the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Check out this pic! FourHorsemen ponytail, Toyguru all spiffied up and PixelDan far right! Also, seeing as how Toyguru is talking into an AFI microphone, I'm guessing they will be posting a video interview?

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/Mattel/IMG_2996.JPG
    As others have pointed out, I noticed Geoff Johns right away, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    ...Now, did you see that Keldor's swords are actually 2 half swords ? This doesn't make sense, and I hope that it means that we could see him released with his 200x double sword...
    What I find odd is that they aren't colored to match the 200X half swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    6) Gygor - Wow, he's really freakin'...yellow. He burns my retinas everytime I look at him. I wish they would have toned down the color but he still looks good...for being mostly a Gorilla Grodd. I'll probably buy him when he becomes available.

As for the reasons the heroes always die, it's because they are willing to sacrifice themselves for their cause. Us villains look out only for ourselves. Let the sucker next to us give up his life. It's in the hero's job description to place someone's else's welfare before their own. Besides, the good guys get to win in the end. The least us villains can have is to get to knock off a few of the good guys in return. Seems fair to me.
    The first paragraph: we need to keep in mind this is a painted color and not a molded color. Not saying you weren't keeping that in mind, just trying to help kill some of the rage that might show up in whatever number of months when we see a production figure and it isn't as blinding.

For the record, I love the eye-gougingly bright colors on Gy-gor.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    6) Gygor - great use of the grodd mold but toyguru said they weren't gonna use the DCUC molds in the classic line. guess they were fibbin to keep the surprise. hope they use a DCUC mold for a smaller adam.
    As I said earlier, I think that's just for standard humanoid characters. Screeech and Zoar are DCUC reuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Stratos would make good use of the backpack or the red whip...
    Yes! If only we didn't have to melt his hand to make it so he could hold the whip well.

That picture also illustrates to me the other problem with her head: the hair looks ridiculous! Hair that's pulled/pushed back from the forehead like that should be done the way Teela's hair was done.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYMOTUFAN View Post
    My only question so far is: Why did they use a 200X Snake Mountain background (The Skeletor/Lex Luthor 2 Pack) instead of a classic background (like the He-Man/Superman 2 Pack.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1266200210
    The Superman/He-Man background is from the comic that's being reprinted with it. I believe someone said the comic coming with Lex Luthor/Skeletor is a reprint of the insert comic, which may not have had a cover.

Either way, I think the images make for nice complimentary colors to the other, making them great MOC display pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Sorry if I'm being dense, but figures.com actually breaks down what figure is coming out when (well, mostly) and I hadn't seen that info yet:

* She-Ra (with interchangeable heads and removable tiara) Club Eternia-June
    * Count Marzo (with amulet and sword)-Club Eternia-July
    * Whiplash (with classic and 200X heads)-Club Eternia-August
    * Keldor-(with twin power swords and acid vial)Bonus Figure-TBA
    * 12" Tytus-Bonus Figure-$39.99
    * Gygor-Bonus Figure-Release date and price TBA
    * Accesories Packs-April-PriceTBA

Surprised She-Ra is coming so quickly! Very cool. I'm guessing since he's already in package Tytus is probably coming out sooner rather than later. Maybe this summer?
    I presume, since we're getting quarterly "beast" figures, and with so little announced for next quarter, Tytus will be probably be in May; 3 months (1 quarter) after Battle Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    ...RE the swords, people keep overlooking that MYP had Keldor using basically the 4H version of the two halves of the power sword! You can't have Keldor wielding that in MOTUC. They'd have to invent new non-magic swords for him then, which wouldn't make anyone happy either.

The swords Keldor has now reference the dueling evil swords graphic from the stickers. I forget what it came with, but it was one of the Tee-shirt logos. That's something, anyway.
    Snake Mountain, maybe? And I completely forgot about those!!!

Just as an FYI, Mattel/Toyguru no longer use the term "bonus" figures. They call them "Quarterly" now...since there will be 4. Makes sense.

TG also said the new accessories with King Grayskull will be really, really sweet accessories. Wonder what they will be?
    Bottles of high fructose corn syrup!

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I'm thinking that has to be wrong. They mentioned on toynewsi.com that they're considering adding beast figures to the sub next year. Based on their earlier reasoning, the pricing wouild have to be consistant in order for them to do that.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=288&itemid=15457
    (Pretty sure this was in response to Tytus as a beast figure this year; forgive me if I misremembered).

While that logic makes sense for next year, this year's subscription doesn't have that option, so it doesn't have to factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    wow so cool i love them! but um she-ra...i LOVE her but...she look's....well fat
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ...My other two issues are her face (WHAT is WITH Mattel and these wonky, open-mouthed facial expressions on the women - it ain't sexy!!! I don't understand it, it's just creepy and strange) and her waist. She looks...mannish. Adora had the same issues in that she didn't look enough like a vintage pin-up...but She-Ra looks flat-out butch here. From the dead expression and craning neck, to the box-like chest and legs. She's lacking the Sexy big time...I hope that changes.

But then, Mattel didn't change much on Adora after the Diaper Scandal of 09, so I guess I should just be happy that we've got an 80% there She-Ra. How is it they can do all the big major stuff (namely the Styleguide look), but miss simple stuff like...well, making her an attractive woman?
    She-Ra looks fat? She-Ra's waist looks mannish? Wow... these comments make me sad, and almost sicken me. She-Ra actually has the proportions of a real woman, not some sickly "model." She looks like she actually could use the power she's supposed to have without breaking into tiny little pieces.

Also, I like the darted pleats in She-Ra's skirt that harken back to the toy, though I think it would have helped to make it pointed like the original toy, too.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Also, I'm sorry people are obsessing about those Keldor swords. The 200X swords were never what I wanted from a MOTUC Keldor figure, so it's kind of alarming to read it was what some people wanted most about him. Kind of like finding out people wanted the 200X sword with MAA more than MAA. It's just way off from my own preference. I wonder if it's as shocking to Mattel and the 4H, or if they expected it. Frankly, if he had new weapons plus the new head, new feet, and new cape, I think he'd really have to be a regular figure.
    The feet are from Stratos, aren't they? And it has been plausibly suggested that the cape is from a DCUC Batman.

And I think you're VERY out-of-step with the majority on this one, "alarming" or not - just about everyone who wanted *a* Keldor wanted those swords.

Like I said, I'm sorry it's such a big deal, but I would think they can chuck them into a weapons pack at some point.
    They've said over & over that the weapons paks won't have anything new - borne out by actually *seeing* one here. So no, they can't (And $15+shipping (?) JUST to get two swords they should have included to start with? That raises the price of a fully-endowed Keldor to $50+, which is hardly an acceptable compromise).

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    She-Ra looks fat? She-Ra's waist looks mannish? Wow... these comments make me sad, and almost sicken me. She-Ra actually has the proportions of a real woman, not some sickly "model." She looks like she actually could use the power she's supposed to have without breaking into tiny little pieces.

Also, I like the darted pleats in She-Ra's skirt that harken back to the toy, though I think it would have helped to make it pointed like the original toy, too.
    Look at how far we've come as a society in terms of a woman's dimensions. Teela from the 1980's wasn't considered "chubby" until many years later and now She-Ra is too fat? I blame Howard Stern and the modeling industry. I feel so bad for women when it comes to their body image. Even sitcoms make it seem OK for the guy to be really fat just as long as his wife is skinny & "hot".
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 15, 2010 at 02:39am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

One thing I haven't seen/heard, any confirmation on the MOTUC/DCUC comic pack release dates? Toyfare said April/TBD, any newer info here at Toy Fair?
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Look at how far we've come as a society in terms of a woman's dimensions. Teela from the 1980's wasn't considered "chubby" until many years later and now She-Ra is too fat? I blame Howard Stern and the modeling industry. I feel so bad for woman when it comes to their body image. Even sitcoms make it seem OK for the guy to be really fat just as long as his wife is skinny & "hot".
    I'm sorry guys. Every version of Teela, Evil-Lyn, The Goddess, PoP girls, etc. have been perfect proportion from 80's to today. However, Adora did look a little thick, but still good. She-Ra is the exception. Something about the way her outfit is done makes her look too wide. She looks MUCH wider than the Teela outfit everyone re-uses and Adora. It may be an optical illusion because of the design, but something needs to be done to fix this!

I think making her leaf/starburst design fuller, like the Styleguide, and moving it up a tad...again...like the style guide, might fix this problem.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

She-Ra fat?!? I think she's dang nice lookin..... for an action figure at least. I'm glad she doesn't look severely anorexic like the majority of the DCUC females.

Looking forward to the figures revealed today. Just read up on Tytus and don't know much about Gy-Gor. I might pass on Mo-Lar though, but I'll get all the others for sure.

I'm sorry guys. Every version of Teela, Evil-Lyn, The Goddess, PoP girls, etc. have been perfect proportion from 80's to today. However, Adora did look a little thick, but still good. She-Ra is the exception. Something about the way her outfit is done makes her look too wide. She looks MUCH wider than the Teela outfit everyone re-uses and Adora. It may be an optical illusion because of the design, but something needs to be done to fix this!

I think making her leaf/starburst design fuller, like the Styleguide, and moving it up a tad...again...like the style guide, might fix this problem.
    I don't mind it, but the original Teela toy...

...is a little "thicker" than her later releases(in her thighs, waist, and rear). Some of the fans even wanted her MOTUC version to be curvier(but they were obviously in the minority).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    She-Ra fat?!? I think she's dang nice lookin..... for an action figure at least. I'm glad she doesn't look severely anorexic like the majority of the DCUC females.

I love the proprtions of the MOTUC females, I really don't like how skinny the DCUC females, are and wish they were done more like MOTUC females.

On whiplash missing the ab joint, i wonder if it could be hidden? one stripe seems kinda wide then it switces to one that looks like it's lest wide in the abs are, it could be hidden like the armor figure like on BA he-man.

Movie mayhem!
    She-ra: She looks pretty good. I love her hair and face. The removable tiara has grown on me alot and I like it. Love the sword and shield. The sculpted on tiara isn't sitting the best with me though, something just looks off. I really with we could get the 200x version...

Molar: Surprised that I actually am starting to like this stupid guy.

Whiplash: looks perfect other than it seems like he has no ab crunch? I really hope he has it...

Keldor: He looks good, but I'm disappointed he didn't come with the 200x dual blades... also sad no acid half face.

Count Marzon: PERFECT!

Tytus: He looks amazing! Just wish he had ab crunch and bicep articulation :-(

Gygor: I really have no connection to this figure at all... he might be the first one I pass on. i just am not feeling him for some reason

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Hey guys!

Just wanted to update you all! I am working on video stuff, but with all of the coverage I have been working on and trying to get posted, it's been a very bust day! I'm going to be posting a video of the Q&A for those interested. I also have plenty of video footage that I'll be putting together in a video with all of the information I got form ToyGuru. Because it's so late I probably won't get to it until tomorrow. I apologize, but at least there are plenty of pics to tide you over.

But, I can say that I personally think everything looks great and I am stoked for Tytus!

Just stay tuned! I'm working hard to get you guys these vids as fast as I can! Except them tomorrow sometime.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I think some of it might be the skirt, too. Because they're going with the style guide, they have to make it goofy and wider for the articulation.

And my problem isn't with "a little thick"; that doesn't bother me at all It was fat and mannish comments. Two completely different things.

Woah there - I never said "fat". I said "mannish". And in another thread I specified that my first impression of the figure was that she could actually be a real woman. The thing is, real women move and have energy and charisma...and this is a toy. So the sculpt has to portray character and persona, which this one does not. Also, just in the way that if you were to show a normal, muscular man as a toy he would look less imposing and even maybe wimpy, if you show a normal thin woman she wouldn't look quite as slender. It's like if you trace a fit human being's outline and then just look at it - they won't really look that thin. Art is about exaggerating to capture the essence of the thing you're representing.

Teela from the 1980's wasn't considered "chubby" until many years later and now She-Ra is too fat?
    Okay now, let's not all just blindly jump onto a bandwagon. No one said this figure was "fat". I loved the proportions of the original, and for the record, am SCARED of the current DC Wonder Woman figure, with her steam-rolled rib cage. That side view of her is scary.

I'm glad she doesn't look severely anorexic like the majority of the DCUC females.
    Agreed.

She-Ra in the toon had an almost impossibly pinched waist. This figure is supposed to be of HER, not of an actual woman in a She-Ra costume. I want, and have always wanted, toys that closely resemble the show. My criticisms of this figure are said in that light.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks things need to be changed, but I don't think it's an illusion...it's the sculpt of the "costume" on her. We all know the Teela skeleton is tiny, so why don't they cinch that waist just a little for the vintage pin-up effect? Her "stick your tongue out" facial expression is stupid, so changing that too would be nice. And I think the pleats aren't helping the whole "does she have a big waist/man legs?" issue. I was really hoping there wouldn't be pleats, as the flat white skirt is more sexy. She's not a cheerleader or schoolgirl.

All this to say, I've pointed out about five things they could/should fix on this figure. Let's not all fixate on the idea that she's "fat", because obviously, she isn't. But the overall effect is not "WOW". I hope she gets to "WOW". We just need more of an hourglass. And a neck.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; February 15, 2010 at 02:43am.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Keldor: He looks good, but I'm disappointed he didn't come with the 200x dual blades... also sad no acid half face.
    Forgot about this earlier: I'm guessing there's a pretty good chance we'll get an acid-melted face. They need to save something to reveal to us in the next few months when we're not feeling too "pro-Mattel."

Hey Josh, read my above post and please remember from here on out - I never said she was fat. Okay? Thanks.

Okay now, let's not all just blindly jump onto a bandwagon. No one said this figure was "fat". I loved the proportions of the original, and for the record, am SCARED of the current DC Wonder Woman figure, with her steam-rolled rib cage. That side view of her is scary.
    My comment wasn't directed at you(I read Josh's post but skimmed right past your quote in it). When I read Josh's reaction to She-Ra, it reminded me of some of the unflattering comments I read about her around the 'net today.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Hey Josh, read my above post and please remember from here on out - I never said she was fat. Okay? Thanks.
    Maybe you didn't, but other people here have actually used the word fat to describe her. I wasn't trying to single you out before by any means, it seems to be a common complaint about her from some of the posts i've read.

With the inclusion of Keldor, She-Ra, Marzo and now Tytus, I truly feel THIS is the definitive MotU line…