Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How awesome is MOTUC toyline. Its the best ever and this is why...

When we get to ALL the vintage figures, He-man and She-Ra will be the FIRST 2 Major 80's line to ever accomplish that. Not only getting the major characters, but all the vintage characters redone in a uniform and highly articulated way. And if we can get Eldor and Evil robot, we will even hit the unreleased prototypes.

As far as I know none of the following can claim that:
    Transformers
    GI Joe
    Thundercats
    Sectaurs
    Battle Beasts
    Ghostbusters
    M.A.S.K.
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Silver Hawks
    Star Wars (may be close, but they just started their 6" line and they change their card backs every 2-3 years, making a uniform MOC set impossible)

And all of this without a major media outlet for 10 years. This fandom is awesome!

I have collected a ton of different lines over the years and I agree that MOTUC is one of the best. Character selection no matter how strange it seems some times is awesome and most every figure has turned out great. There's a lot of other lines I've had that have great figures but you still end up with some that make you go 'what were they thinking' where I honestly hadn't had that yet with MOTUC. Sure, there are some characters who I wasn't wild about but the figures themselves are all awesome.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    We are getting figures and characters that were once only prototypes. Like He-Ro and Gy-gor. Also we are getting Tytus. One of the most sort after MOTU figures. And not to forget about Wun-Dar.

Its so awesome that we will be getting all these characters that were dead in the water 20 years ago and the fans always wanted these and now we do. And not only the obsure characters also all the greats for m all the canons. I didnt think that this line would be as cool as it been turning out latley.
    I agree my friend. This line is AWESOME!! I hope we can get at least 2 more years out of it. It is a dream come true!!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

For all the reasons stated in this thread and so many more, I wholeheartedly agree.

because I've always loved barbarians, lasers and magic.
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I know I take Mattel to task on a fairly regular basis (and I make no apologies for that, as I feel said comments are usually justified), but I do have to give credit where credit is due. When I look at the line thus far, and consider that it is an internet exclusive line with absolutely no support from media or much of anything else, I do have to say it is pretty darned impressive. It has not only a bunch of well-sculpted figures in a cohesive style with great articulation, it also has variety and depth, both in characters choice and the types of items offered. Beasts, weapons packs, vehicles, a big playset, main characters, concept and prototype characters...this is a full blown line, a property given a range of merchandise that we don't see in some retail lines.

For MOTU, Mattel is on the cusp of doing what it did with Justice League; there, it gave us a line of DC figures in a single scale and style more comprehensive than ANY previous line (even if you lump together all of Kenner's 5" DC figures into one line). MOTU is coming close to that sort of accomplishment, and I hope it continues and has a chance to reach that level.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I am not a toy guy. I am a MOTU guy. So I may be biased... but I agree with all the posts above. MOTUC has become far, far greater than I ever imagined it would... which is saying something.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    line is good.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    For MOTU, Mattel is on the cusp of doing what it did with Justice League; there, it gave us a line of DC figures in a single scale and style more comprehensive than ANY previous line (even if you lump together all of Kenner's 5" DC figures into one line). MOTU is coming close to that sort of accomplishment, and I hope it continues and has a chance to reach that level.
    That line is also very impressive with how many figures they were able to put out. If they had, had elbows and knees I'd be up to my eyeballs in them. I'm sort of thankful they didn't... saved me $$.

And I am a toy guy, I hang out at a local Flea Market Toy Shop every chance I get. And MOTUC is the best line out there. Much of the Neca stuff is on par in terms of sculpt and articulation, but not enough of it in any one line to really qualify. Star Wars black 6" are on par in terms of quality and articulation, but being able to get them in stores will be/has been a nightmare.

The Transformers Masterpiece toys are fantastic, but costly and tough to get if you don't catch the preorder. And they are only in the teens in terms of figures. They have a rediculous way to go to even get the first 4 years of the original line.

The Hot Toys are also great, but like Neca there are only major characters from major properties. I doubt you will see a Hot Toys Marvel's Stiltman any time soon.

Marvel Legends and DC Classics were/are great, but there are getting to be too many Batman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern, Captain America, Spider-man, Iron Man, & Wolverine variants.

For me MOTUC is the best toyline ever and this is why...

... I love the early Alcala MiniComics!
    ... I love the Vintage Toyline!
    ... I love Fantasy stories!
    ... I love the Princess of Power series from Filmation!
    ... I love Science Fiction!
    ... I love to see new MiniComics!
    ... I love the 1987 Movie!
    ... I love concept figures!
    ... I love prototype figures!
    ... I love the MYP Cartoon!
    ... I love Shadow Weaver in toyform!
    ... I love to see new characters to expand the MotU Universe!
    ... I love Castle Grayskull!
    ... I love to see how all of the above themes come together in toyform in the same scale to build the ultimate Eternia in my toyroom!

Long live MotUC!
    "A female He-Man. Ooh oh. This is the worst day of my life."

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-Phil View Post
    ... I love the early Alcala MiniComics!
    ... I love the Vintage Toyline!
    ... I love Fantasy stories!
    ... I love the Princess of Power series from Filmation!
    ... I love Science Fiction!
    ... I love to see new MiniComics!
    ... I love the 1987 Movie!
    ... I love concept figures!
    ... I love prototype figures!
    ... I love the MYP Cartoon!
    ... I love Shadow Weaver in toyform!
    ... I love to see new characters to expand the MotU Universe!
    ... I love Castle Grayskull!
    ... I love to see how all of the above themes come together in toyform in the same scale to build the ultimate Eternia in my toyroom!
    He loves... San DEMAS!
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I am not a toy guy. I am a MOTU guy. So I may be biased... but I agree with all the posts above. MOTUC has become far, far greater than I ever imagined it would... which is saying something.
    same here !
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Yup.

BEST. LIEN. EVAR!!!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I've collected toys all my life and it's just this simple- MOTUC is the best toyline ever.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    This toy line is great on its own but when you add the nostalgia to it, its off the charts. All I ever wanted when I was a kid was He-man. The characters and their action features along with the comics and the cartoon only amplified these guys. This toy line only brings that all back and in fine form. A second chance to do something that was wonderful the first time is a true blessing and I'm so glad we've had that opportunity!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Hey all - this isn't a protected thread, but let's keep it on topic. How awesome MOTUC is. There are plenty of other places to discuss any issues.

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    With that said, MOTUC is more awesome than high-fiving Jesus Christ while flying past each other on our dragons doing mach 5!
    I don't know man… that would be pretty freaking awesome. I mean really… if that happened, that's pretty much an "I'm cooler than you" barroom argument winner every time.

That said, I don't collect toys. I collect MOTU… because this line was as a kid the best, and still is. With the current line though... when I put up those childhood favorites on the shelf compared to their new counterparts, I actually kinda sometimes, once in awhile consider selling off my childhood buddies because the new line figures are just that awesome.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Masters of the Universe Classics will go down as the greatest toyline in history. The figures are just truly amazing and they beat any toy line our there hands down.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    This is my favorite line to collect and the reason why I sub. The only other line I collect is G1 Transformers.