Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How awesome is MOTUC toyline. Its the best ever and this is why...

I've said it before but this is probably my favorite toy line ever!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    I'm actually starting to think this line might trump the original 80's line......
    That happened when He Man and Beastman were released

MOTUC is the best action figure line out there right now ...
    can't wait to see what's in store for the furture

I agree on the awesomeness on this line. I can see this line taking over more 200x oriented shelves in my display cases. Eventually, I'll probably have no choice bu to get rid of shelves devoted to He-Man variants and Skeletor variants in order to make room for MOTUC figures.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I was luke warm on the line when it started but as it goes on, with the addition of so many great new characters and sculpts ... it's getting red hot! Love this line. And I dig the storylines and bios that are given even though some aren't perfect.

And I'm beginning to think I may like this line more than 200X ...

I also agree that this line is super-great, but IMO it still needs a few more ingredients to surpass vintage MotU. It needs a Castle Grayskull, at least a few vehicles, and at least as many (maybe a few more) characters than the vintage line had. Or barring the vehicles and CG, it needs a significant amount of characters beyond what the vintage line produced. So far it's definitely on the right track.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Finally an upbeat happy thread!!!

I love this toyline....other than a few hiccups along the way, this toyline is in every way shape and form the best motu incarnation ever. best of every world.

I'm so tired of reading all the "change she-ra thread" or the "I hate mo larr thread"

i'm just really happy to be getting these figures. I buy 2 of each and I will continue to do so until all the "we hate how this looks" and "change this or I'll stop collecting" threads just is enough to make mattel to pull the plug.

You know the people who are saying this line is gonna fail are the ones who are flooding all the negative threads and it brings me down...

Its just really nice to have a thread where I can read the posts and know that there are people out there enjoying this line as much as i am.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    There are no words to describe the awesomness of this toyline!!
    A dream come true!!
    I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    This is the BEST toy line EVER! Hands down.
    well..... maybe I'll agree once all the vintage characters are done, and we have filmation ones as well as most of the pop & 200x characters
    done. for me, it's way too soon to consider this the best toyline ever.... for me to say that, i need to have every character i've ever wanted in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prozac View Post
    I really think the inclusion of Tytus and Gygor will raise awareness to non-fans that there's a lot more to MOTU than He-Man and Skeletor. Intriuged figure collecting fans may jump on the MOTU Fan Boy band wagon when they realize there's so much more depth to it.
    very true. there's alot more to motu than just the vintage characters or the ones from the tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    That happened when He Man and Beastman were released
    yeah, the sculpts of the new figures blow away the vintage sculpts.... that happened when the 200x line was released as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I agree on the awesomeness on this line. I can see this line taking over more 200x oriented shelves in my display cases. Eventually, I'll probably have no choice bu to get rid of shelves devoted to He-Man variants and Skeletor variants in order to make room for MOTUC figures.
    In my house they already do. my 200x figures have long since been packed away, except for a few that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Finally an upbeat happy thread!!!

I love this toyline....other than a few hiccups along the way, this toyline is in every way shape and form the best motu incarnation ever. best of every world.

I'm so tired of reading all the "change she-ra thread" or the "I hate mo larr thread"

i'm just really happy to be getting these figures. I buy 2 of each and I will continue to do so until all the "we hate how this looks" and "change this or I'll stop collecting" threads just is enough to make mattel to pull the plug.

You know the people who are saying this line is gonna fail are the ones who are flooding all the negative threads and it brings me down...

Its just really nice to have a thread where I can read the posts and know that there are people out there enjoying this line as much as i am.
    agree on all counts.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It's pretty good. That's as positive as I'll get. It's still too early for me to say best toyline ever. Get back with me in 25 years or so...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 15, 2010 at 08:55pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I agree that this line is outstanding and keeps getting better and better. Now, Mattel just needs to have enough figures so that I can buy them when I get home from work a couple of hours after they go on sale!

Heroic Warrior

Do you think that motuc are the best series of action figures made?

I love them for many reasons:
    the packaging is tight, the sculpts are amazing, they give the vintage and 200x series mad props, they are the easiest figures to customize, the weapon packs are sick, they make great army builder packs with great armor and weapons (snake men and palace guards, now horde troopers) the perfect amount of articulation, they make me smile :0)
    I have collected and customized many scales and series of action figures and I find the motuc to be the fun to collect, and customize. When I collected star wars it was a fun chase, confronting scalpers all the time, and going crazy if I missed a figure here or there. I don't collect every figure as I have never been a serious completest and open everything anyway.
    I would seriously like to see the 4 horse-men do conan (VIKOR IS AWESOME), ad&d,game of thrones, generic fantasy monsters etc figures in the style and scale of these figures.

I want to see this line continue and thrive and enjoy reading these posts and also feel that the fans here are cool, the customs I have seen are top notch, I like to watch reviews of the figures, and starting to think I might need a castle greyskull after all.

I have not collected enough to definitively say it is the best ever. However, it is certainly very, very good.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

For me, this absolutely is the best action figure line ever made. However, I'm not really interested in collecting any other lines, so I'm a bit biased

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    It's the only line I've collected since childhood with the exception of G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary, and this line stomps that one.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Yes it is the best - for a myriad of reasons!

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    For me, this absolutely is the best action figure line ever made. However, I'm not really interested in collecting any other lines, so I'm a bit biased
    Same for me. Straight MOTU collector here.

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    These latest reveals have been so awesome - and unexpected (Tytus and Gy-Gor) - that I can believe a future where Granamyr, Shadow Beasts and Goat-Man are made into plastic.

In fact, I now believe more than ever before that we will eventually see Filmation characters such as Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Fang Man before MOTUC breathes its last!
    Shadow Beasts? Check
    Granamyr?? Check!
    Goat Man??? CHECK!
    Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, and Fang Man???? CHECK! CHECK! CHECK!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    We got the Green Goddess. So your statement is how I see it already.

Only thing missing is Castle Grayskull, but I've no doubts with continued success, we'll be getting one eventually.
    Castle Grayskull????? CHECK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I also agree that this line is super-great, but IMO it still needs a few more ingredients to surpass vintage MotU. It needs a Castle Grayskull, at least a few vehicles, and at least as many (maybe a few more) characters than the vintage line had. Or barring the vehicles and CG, it needs a significant amount of characters beyond what the vintage line produced. So far it's definitely on the right track.
    Vehicles? Wind Raider? Sky Sled? CHECK!

It's amazing to look back on the posts from early 2010 and see that just 3 1/2 years later, all these wishlists have been filled! I agree. This is the greatest toyline of my lifetime. For me, it surpasses even the vintage MOTU I had as a kid that I fell in love with. With the Four Horsemen on board and the ability to have each figure shipped straight to me without having to search high and low for it, this is indeed the golden age of MOTU collecting as far as I'm concerned.
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

This is a great thread!!

MOTUC is amazing. I love the unity it provides for each faction. I love the world-building opportunity it has provided me as a fan of the whole thing

I love the way the figures look, the way they are designed (mostly lol), the fact that we are getting a Grayskull playset (TRUST ME, if you didn't see it at SDCC, it's RIDICULOUSLY awesome).

The beasts are a wonderful added bonus too - as are the weapons packs.

I love the little figures too - Orko and Kowl... I hope we get more!

Another thing about the line I love is that it has caused me to make amazing friends. I have been to SDCC three times because of MOTUC. I have been to Power Con twice and will be going again. These are great experiences I wouldn't trade for anything.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Griftor View Post
    Shadow Beasts? Check
    Granamyr?? Check!
    Goat Man??? CHECK!
    Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, and Fang Man???? CHECK! CHECK! CHECK!

Castle Grayskull????? CHECK!!!!

Vehicles? Wind Raider? Sky Sled? CHECK!

It's amazing to look back on the posts from early 2010 and see that just 3 1/2 years later, all these wishlists have been filled! I agree. This is the greatest toyline of my lifetime. For me, it surpasses even the vintage MOTU I had as a kid that I fell in love with. With the Four Horsemen on board and the ability to have each figure shipped straight to me without having to search high and low for it, this is indeed the golden age of MOTU collecting as far as I'm concerned.
    Exactly what I wanted to say, great post!!!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I collect a TON of different toy lines, and I mean a TON!

With that said, MOTUC is more awesome than high-fiving Jesus Christ while flying past each other on our dragons doing mach 5!

I love this line. It is everything that I loved as a kid - only better. And that is saying A LOT!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I tried to quit this line. I couldnt!!!!!!!

I collect, Marvel Legends DCUC, Starwars, LOTR,, Halo and this is the only one that I have every character (xcept green goddess).

There is something very special about this line, From He-Man to obscure characters like Spector. I think they are all awesome!!!!!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It's the only line I've collected since childhood with the exception of G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary, and this line stomps that one.
    Wow! Me too. In fact, the only two toy lines in my collection at the moment are MOTUC and G.I. Joe 25th. I did get in on the 200x toyline. I'm not a toy collector, so much as a MOTU and G.I. Joe fan (and Transformers, but I don't collect those).

It's the best toy line I've ever encountered. Definitely better than the other contemporary "heavy hitter" toy lines. So much so, that MOTUC is where I am going to be focusing the majority of my buying power.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    This line and Transformers Classics are definitely #1 and #1A in my book.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Ill go with the best toy line ever of my faveret thing ever being MOTU figs. that have been givein many inprovements and I hope 2016 will not be the end.