Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She-ra figure vs Filmation License Guide

Heroic Warrior

She-ra figure vs Filmation License Guide

amazing job.

absolutely stunning.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Yes, I really really love her!!!
    My only critique could be only on the Filmation tiara's detail but could correct it my own.... another point but I canno't do anything is her waistline... but believe me, she looks great!!!!! Thanks 4H!!!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Heroic Warrior

comparison of classic tiara to new tiara

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    that's tiara looks more like this

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

cant wait to own this figure.fab job by the fab 4

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I don't wanna rain on the parade but as an ultimate She-raver, I have to say I am disappointed with She-ra.

The comparing photo on top of this thread says it all. In the styleguide she looks sexy, slander and feminine. The toy is thick, has very little waist and is basically stout and neckless. The thickness of the golden band holding the cape isn't helping with the neck. I'm actually a big fan of Teela who looks amazing and amazon-like, I love Xena, I love the idea of having kick ass amazon like POP figures, but to me, She-ra is more feminine. The bulk of the plastic dress over Teela's body makes her look a bit like a man wearing a dress. There's something quite not right about her.

As much as I love the flowing hair and face, the tiara isn't overwhelming. It actually looked better on the 200X version. I was really hoping for a brand new torso for She-ra since her arms and legs are reused from Teela.
    What annoys me is to see that they spent the extra bucks to give Whipspash a brand new torso, and not for She-ra. You'd think after milking Teela's buck on 4 figures (Teela, Green Goddess, adora and Evil Lynn) they could have given us a brand new Pop buck.

What irritates me also a little bit is, just like the 200X She-ra suffered from all the flaws that Teela had because she was a redecoed Teela, the 2010 She-ra has flaws because she is a Teela buck reuse. Once again, I love Teela's proportions, and the figure is truly marvelous. When I opened her, it was like opening an ancient artefact, the gold and white costume make her look noble and beautiful and goddess-like.

Here, with my ALL TIME favorite character, with friggin' SHE-RA, I'm happy to see her finally made but I don't feel those butterflies in my stomach when I look at any of the photos. The only thing I really like is the actual boots as they look kinda cool, and the spot-on, beautiful face and hair... The rest is pretty MEH to me. I will still buy her (how could I not buy her) but I hope I can fix her somehow, maybe trim the torso part under the dress or something.

I don't care much about the Toy accurate Tiara but I'm really really happy for those of us who were dreaming of getting it... it actually looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Cool figure, but the colors turned out a bit dull IMO.

But I guess that's been par for the course on MOTUC so far.

I like what they did with her alot!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

She looks AMAZING!!!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Cool figure, but the colors turned out a bit dull IMO.

But I guess that's been par for the course on MOTUC so far.
    Yeah it's true, but it's not a "disappointment" for me since as you said it's standard for the line.

I would've liked to have seen her hair a bit brighter yellow, but no biggie, overall it's a fantastic figure!

I love She-Ra, but why are the wings of her tiara so big and her waistline so up...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something looks odd with the neck/head and the two side strands of hair floating on the side of her face. I was expecting a little more out of her head maybe the final product will look better. All in all, I'm still super excited to have her in my collection.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I agree with what most have been saying. She does look too fat/thick because of her rubber dress. She's thicker than the thick 80's figure!

I love She-Ra to death, but my ultimate She-Ra still remains the head and body of Starburst/Bubble Power She-Ra. I'm going to have to buy an extra She-Ra so I can customize her Filmation look for her. I already have an extra 200X She-Ra for her tiara.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

She kinda does look a little like a Drag Queen.....
    Russian roulette is not the same without a gun..and baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun!

I must be easy to please.

The only thing I hope, is that they eventually re-issue her in her toy outfit so we have both versions.

I'm very satisified with how She-Ra looks!!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

AlessandraF, If you get I front pic of She-Ra, could you do a photoshop editing on her waistline and tiara's wings?

I'm shure the 4H could correct it!

June is in 4 months!

Heroic Warrior

My only "complaint" is I am not too keen on the gold they choose. All the drawn have her in a yellow-orange gold, where the gold on the figure looks closer to a bronze. Yeah, bit nitpick, but that is my feeling. Still, great figure.

With that much hair, her head is going to be really heavy. I hope they have the loose neck peg issue straightened out or there will be riots in the streets...or more likely just lots of angry forum posts filling up pages of threads.

i'm happy for this She-Ra but i have to say, she looks more like Teela wearing a She-Ra costume, than an actual She-Ra.

she isn't very feminine and graceful, which She-Ra obviously is. i mean, as a comparison, yes, the toy has every detail specified in the licencing image... BUT that does not a great toy make... you have to really "capture the essence" of a character for the toy to feel true.

i know pretty much everybody right now is loving She-Ra and she is indeed one of the most anticipated figures of the whole line, but they could have done better by just paying a little bit more attention to the essence of the character... just giving her a more feminine face would have made her so much better.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

Was unsure at first, but now I totally love it It's true that the tiara is slightly off from the Filmation look, but it still looks amazing!

Even better would have been both tiara's removable then there would be no need for 2 heads. The fact that the tiara was molded to the head is something that I didn't like on the 2004 figure.

I expect this to sell out probably faster than Adora as some folks will buy 2, because of displaying both tiaras
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

I don't wanna rain on the parade but as an ultimate She-raver, I have to say I am disappointed with She-ra.
    Me too, so don't worry - you're not alone!

The comparing photo on top of this thread says it all. In the styleguide she looks sexy, slander and feminine. The toy is thick, has very little waist and is basically stout and neckless. The thickness of the golden band holding the cape isn't helping with the neck.
    THANK YOU. I was displeased with Adora because she lacked a little of the femininity of the character from the show, what with her hunched head and lack of a pinched waist. But She-Ra takes it to a new level. She really looks mannish, and it's because of the torso, the neck and the skirt - again, it's not pinched and just comes off boxy. It may be more realistic in the sense that a real life woman might look like that...but this is a toy.

As much as I love the flowing hair and face, the tiara isn't overwhelming.
    I know! I thought I'd be freaking out at the sight of the tiara, and I wasn't. It looks...SO boring!

What annoys me is to see that they spent the extra bucks to give Whipspash a brand new torso, and not for She-ra. You'd think after milking Teela's buck on 4 figures (Teela, Green Goddess, adora and Evil Lynn) they could have given us a brand new Pop buck.
    Damn straight! I don't even want to see Catra in this line anymore if this is how she's going to look.

Here, with my ALL TIME favorite character, with friggin' SHE-RA, I'm happy to see her finally made but I don't feel those butterflies in my stomach when I look at any of the photos. The only thing I really like is the actual boots as they look kinda cool, and the spot-on, beautiful face and hair...
    The hair looks flat flat in the back, which I don't really like, and her facial expression is bizarre. Is she eating soup? I really want to them to back to the drawing board a bit. Sexy female action figures are EVERYWHERE...why does She-Ra have to look so FUGLY and strange? It's the right costume with the right accessories...but the sculpt is WRONG.

She-Ra is defenitly more delicate and graceful...

Photobucket

Heroic Warrior
    I prefer the look of the figure!

I'm glad they didn't make her overly "girly"

She looks tough, like she'd totally kick your @$$

Her look fits in perfectly with MOTUC in my opinion

The original was totally watered down and marketed to little girls

It was TOO pretty

I'm glad we're being given a She-ra ACTION FIGURE and not a She-ra BARBIE.