Thread: vintage armor on MOTUC

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar

vintage armor on MOTUC

So, I bought a yellow belt MOTUC Stratos without his jet pack on ebay. I tried to find a MOTUC blue jet pack for him, but haven't found one yet. As an experiment, I tried a vintage Stratos jet pack on him. IT ACTUALLY FITS! It's a tighter fit on vintage Stratos then it is on MOTUC Stratos. The upper body on vintage figures is proportionally larger then it is on MOTUC figures. I wonder how MOTUC figures would look if they had the same proportions as vintage figures (i.e. keep the legs the same, but beef up the upper body)? I imagine they'd look even cooler then they already look! Has anyone else noticed vintage parts that fit MOTUC figures? I think I'll try vintage King Randor armor on MOTUC King Randor next.

I am actually more curious to see if the add-on packs could work with Classics figs. Anyone know if the Megalaser, tower tools, scuba pack.etc...work with them??
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I put the megalaser on MAA and it fet pretty well

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Vintage King Randor Armor won't fit the MOTUC version. Musculature under the arms is too wide.

Some of the stuff will fit. The 200x stuff fits pretty well. Several figures that the strap was 2 or 3 notches in on the older figures will usually fit on the first notch of the belts and harnesses.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Guys, don't tell me stuff like this! I've been playing dress-up with my toys too much already lately! The fiancee is starting to worry!

Seriously, though, that's pretty nifty!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

So the mega-laser, Stilt-stalkers, power tool packs, and jet sled can all be used for the Classics line??
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia