Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tytus Thread

im getting three of him

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Whilst it's awesome we're getting Tytus it's a pity he's not fully articulated like the Marvel Legends BAF Galactus etc. Instead, Mattel have opted for the cheap route.

The 4H stated at the Fantastic Fanatics forums...
    i was just going to post this.

yeah i understand the reason behind it. i hope he is 30 not 40.

i really need to see pics of him next to BC though to get a good comparison of size. i am a LITTLE bummed he doesn't have the same arm artic. as the regular figs. i sure HOPE he doesn't have a T crotch or worse a V crotch.

I'll buy him anyway but those are my only concerns and other than that he still looks AWESOME!!

bring on Megator!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

The fwoosh has confirmed that it is indeed a T-crotch

Heroic Warrior
    And, on Matty's website, they have confirmed he will be $40.

Tytus™ (May Figure) — 12” figure comes with capture claw, and will retail for $40.00 due to large size

Mattel don't get greedy!

$40 for Tytus with less articulation after Battle Cat are quite expensive for my taste.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

$30 I would def. buy him... $40.. really not sure, leaning to not. Matty, if u combine shipping or give subscribers $10 off, then I will purchase him... along with many others I'm sure. But if not, there is no financial way I can justify purchasing him. The $8 off of BC really helps with shipping costs... Tytus' shipping is going to be high, so you are looking at over $50 for this guy, plus the regular figure that month, that's an easy $80 on 2 figures!!! A lil too high for my tastes.
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    It is very expensive to do figures this big. That is why Tytus is a roto mold figure. Yes, we had to reduce the articulation a bit from a standard MOTUC figure, but really, this was our only option to keep the price reasonable. A fully articulated Tytus would have cost closer to $100.00!

Even though I've never heard of Tytus, I really am sort of growing to really like this guy. So IF and when he becomes for sale I think I am going to get him.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I love him and prefer that a more cost efficient route was considered and chosen by Mattel on this one (it helps make buying everything else a little less damaging to the finances). IMO he certainly looks FAR from cheap.

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    Toyguru! could you please describe and state the actual points of articulation for the awesome tytus figure?

Quote Originally Posted by keldor18 View Post
    Toyguru! could you please describe and state the actual points of articulation for the awesome tytus figure?
    From "ActionFigurePics.com:

Tytus is the next one in the pipeline, and he’ll be a rotocast figure. As such, he’s got fewer points of articulation than the standard MOTUC figures, but I don’t think people will mind. His arms lack bicep swivels, and the shoulders have the same movement as regular ball jointed shoulders, but just not as much range. His crotch is a t-swivel vs. ball-jointed.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    It is very expensive to do figures this big. That is why Tytus is a roto mold figure. Yes, we had to reduce the articulation a bit from a standard MOTUC figure, but really, this was our only option to keep the price reasonable. A fully articulated Tytus would have cost closer to $100.00!
    I don't see a problem. The figure looks great and thanks for clearing that up.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I look at it this way: less joints equals less potential for quality control issues. Plus I would not have shelled out $100 for a 12" figure.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    How can the 12 inch Ghostbusters and Zod be fully articulated at $60?

I'm fine with the articulation on Tytus. Being "hollow" and less articulated, I would have thought he'd be the same price as the massive, articulated, non-hollow Battle Cat.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I think $40 is a good price, I was thinking he was going to be a lot more. The loss of articulation is minor and does not bother me.

Also we can't compare tytus to Zod or Ghostbuster 12" figures becuase those have bodies that are probably like a generic doll body with limited sculpting.

Why does everyone keep saying that there is a typo in the Tytus bio? It states:

After He-Ro’s death he used his great strength to build King Grayskull a mighty fortress…
    Which is correct. He built a mighty fortress for King Grayskull. It is not implied or punctuated, at least in the transcripts, that "King Grayskull" is the name of the fortress. It is who the fortress is being built for.

Anyway…

Tytus is going to be awesome. I can't wait.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    How can the 12 inch Ghostbusters and Zod be fully articulated at $60?

I'm fine with the articulation on Tytus. Being "hollow" and less articulated, I would have thought he'd be the same price as the massive, articulated, non-hollow Battle Cat.
    That's because those figures have cloth covering a puny, simple body. MOTUC figures need fully sculpted bodies and a bigger mold.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I absolutely love him!!! I can't wait to add him to my collection! He makes me die even more to get an Eldor, Megator, and human form Sharella with a bow.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm more bothered by the height than the limited articulation. I would've been willing to pay $60 for an 18 inch Tytus. He's supposed to be 3 times the size of He-Man.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I like that he's realistically big this time around. A 17" giant compared to a 5" figure, in hindsight, was probably a misstep for the Powers of Grayskull line. It was ambitous, it was over-the-top... but it was just not necessary.

I'm much happier with Tytus being twice the size of the regular figures, as the largest humans are typically 8-9 feet tall, a giant standing 12 feet high is still "fantasy", but not so big that he can't interact with the other heroes.

Loving Tytus. But one thing that concerns me, is all the large scale figures announced have been heroes. I know the good guys are lacking in normal 6inch, but no bad guys in large scale ? hmmm....
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

I'll finally have a Tytus!! Wooohooo!! Vintage Tytus is waaay to expensive.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Love the Tytus just how he is!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    I like that he's realistically big this time around. A 17" giant compared to a 5" figure, in hindsight, was probably a misstep for the Powers of Grayskull line. It was ambitous, it was over-the-top... but it was just not necessary.

I'm much happier with Tytus being twice the size of the regular figures, as the largest humans are typically 8-9 feet tall, a giant standing 12 feet high is still "fantasy", but not so big that he can't interact with the other heroes.
    I just feel that a giant should be, well, giant. And realism has no place in MOTU.

The Marvel Legends Giant Man, Sentinels and Galactus figures are way bigger than 12", and they fit in perfectly with the 6" figures.

On the 200X cartoon we saw giants interacting well with the other characters even at their massive size. And if they ever reuse Tytus' mold to make toys of those guys they will be pitifully small compared to their cartoon appearances.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    I'm cool with $40 as long as we get Megator and the A,B,C Giants from MYP.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.