Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Post HERE when you find the Toys 'R Us Exclusive MOTUC/DCUC comic two-packs!

"I like Santa!" Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Found 'em!!!!

Well, I just got back a little while ago from a run to Toys R Us (amongst a couple of other errands) and I hit the mother load!

I went to the Toys R Us in Aurora, IL near Fox Valley Mall. They had 2 of each set in stock, and I grabbed them all since I want to keep 1 of each MOC and open 1 of each. I had asked if they had anymore in the back as I wanted to grab some for other members of a He-Man club that I am in, but they scanned one of my sets to check the stock numbers, and there wasn't any more according to the guy. I took a bunch of pics!

Here is a picture of all 4 packs before I opened the "openers" (sorry for the lighting in this shot):

Here is my receipt (I blocked out some personal info sections, but the pertinent info is sill there.... and it came out to $145 even!, which included another DCUC figure in addition to the 2-packs):

The Superman/He-Man card back (before I removed the comic):

The Luthor/Skeletor Snake Mountain cardback (I know it's already been posted, but it's so cool, it's worth posting again. I was much more careful about removing the comic with this pack than I was the Supes/He-Man pack because I wanted to preserve the artwork):

The Comics:

The Superman and Lex Luthor figures:

The standard MOTUC Skeletor and the 2-pack version side by side (not necessarily in that order):

The standard MOTUC He-Man and the 2-pack He-Man, BOTH RIDING BATTLECATS (which actually just got delivered today as well! It's been a major MOTU day!.... I also have to find a way to hold the Battlecats' heads up, because they are so heavy that the necks keep falling down on their own):

And last (and probably least since it really has nothing to do with MOTU), I got this TRU exclusive DCUC Batman figure when I was there (he is also on the above receipt):

So there you have it! I'm so glad that I went. I was going to wait until this weekend, but about a half hour before they were going to close, I got this itch to run and check it out, and it worked out for the best!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 25, 2010 at 11:34pm.

Dynamo,

to keep BC's head up, use one of the clear rubberbands that he came with. Hook one end through his mouth and the other over one of the spikes on his armor.

Great pics. I can't wait to find these.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    Dynamo,

to keep BC's head up, use one of the clear rubberbands that he came with. Hook one end through his mouth and the other over one of the spikes on his armor.
    Awesome! Thanks for the tip. After I read your post, I went and tried this (luckily I hadn't thrown them away yet and luckily I had a couple that weren't cut up). It works rather well.

I may still look into another alternative in the long term (I'm not entirely thrilled about being able to see part of the clear rubber band), but for now this is much better than Battlecat looking like he needs to go on anti-depressants!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; February 25, 2010 at 11:55pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Truly jealous of those who have them!! My bday is Saturday, and my TRU gets a truck tomorrow. They have to come in, it's destiny!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the tip. After I read your post, I went and tried this (luckily I hadn't thrown them away yet and luckily I had a couple that weren't cut up). It works rather well.

I may still look into another alternative in the long term (I'm not entirely thrilled about being able to see part of the clear rubber band), but for now this is much better than Battlecat looking like he needs to go on anti-depressants!

Thanks again!
    No problem. It's not perfect, seeing the rubberband annoys me a little bit too, but at least his head doesn't droop. Glad I could help.
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

got em dudes, they have hit cinci
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Seems as if we have enough pictures (and they're better than mine) that I'll just post a pic of my Skeletor with my other figures in the MOTUC display thread.

Quote Originally Posted by supes78 View Post
    I can't stand the new pain jobs on the MOTU retail figures. Absolutely atrocious. Why must companies insist on breaking what isn't broken?
    Well, other than the face, I actually prefer the colors of this Skeletor by far to the Matty Collector releases (see below), which I gave to a friend before these were announced since he missed out and just wanted a Skeletor to go with his He-Man.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh263/DynamoOfEternia/BothSkeletors.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Well, other than the face, I actually prefer the colors of this Skeletor by far to the Matty Collector releases (see below), which I gave to a friend before these were announced since he missed out and just wanted a Skeletor to go with his He-Man.
    The vs. Skeletor makes me think "God Skeletor." He comes with a "glowing" gold sword...his skull is basically the same colour, his eyes have gone all black and has metallic detailing.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Congratulations on finding these at TRU but does anyone know if they are being released in Europe( UK)?

Must agree that the best thing is that picture of snake mountain
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The vs. Skeletor makes me think "God Skeletor." He comes with a "glowing" gold sword...his skull is basically the same colour, his eyes have gone all black and has metallic detailing.
    I see how you can see that, but I don't see it myself, if that makes sense. The more I look at him he's just Havoc Staff-less Skeletor Maybe if he had some disco coloring he'd a look a little more god-like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I see how you can see that, but I don't see it myself, if that makes sense. The more I look at him he's just Havoc Staff-less Skeletor Maybe if he had some disco coloring he'd a look a little more god-like to me.
    I'm sure that can be arranged with some of the Weapons Pack accessories.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm sure that can be arranged with some of the Weapons Pack accessories.
    Or if I ever get around to opening my Faker, that would help. Somehow, that also reminded me that this Skeletor doesn't come with a half sword. Not that I didn't know beforehand, but still; a little tear falls down my cheek as I type this.

No luck in SoCal (Burbank and Los Feliz) so far. I expect tomorrow or Saturday by the looks of the shelves...
    There's the door, spaceman.

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked:

Are the bios for He-Man and Skeletor different on these two-packs than they are on the releases from Mattycollector?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Oh, but Tally, then you wouldn't live an hour from where the online Classics are shipped from, and I think everyone's pretty jealous of us for that, as they should be!
    LOL!

I'm all discouraged this morning. I think I'm gonna spend part of the day checking other TRU stores.

Good luck with that. I'll check after work and this weekend.My calls to TRU
    seem to be in vein.The customer service is so-so.Makes me wonder if they even know what I'm talking about.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    I live in Europe, if someone can get the 2-packs for me, send me a p.m

Thanks a lot !!
    Me too, I live in UK and would be willing to pay extra for your time and effort!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I think that is because the main warehouse is located in Ohio I believe.
    The warehouse that ships to Utah is in California.

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    I went to the Toys R Us in Aurora, IL near Fox Valley Mall.
    That TRU is awesome, we found all sorts of LOTR stuff there a few years back!

Good haul, I wonder how many come to a case?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The roads are crap right now, so I may have to postpone my TRU hopping until tomorrow. Damn this MI weather!

Could care less about the 2 packs, I'm more interested in that Batman. Are you sure that is a TRU exclusive?

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Could care less about the 2 packs, I'm more interested in that Batman. Are you sure that is a TRU exclusive?
    If you look at his pic you will see on the left hand side the silver foil TRU Exclusive seal
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If you look at his pic you will see on the left hand side the silver foil TRU Exclusive seal
    Thanks, at first i thought you were talking about the pin in the lower corner. I will try to get one thisweekend if I see it. I wil try to get the 2 packs for those who want them, but those colors on He-Man and Skeletor are nasty looking IMO.

I really hope they come to Valdosta, GA. I called TRU in Tallahassee, FL and they are already sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That TRU is awesome, we found all sorts of LOTR stuff there a few years back!

Good haul, I wonder how many come to a case?
    I'm not sure how many come to a case, but unless they sold a bunch and quickly restocked (with the 4 that I picked up being all that was left), it doesn't seem like many. They only had a single "peg" at this store dedicated to the DC/MOTU 2-packs (the overall DC section was big.. MUCH bigger than it was just a week or two ago, but only the one peg had these sets..... it should also be noted that this wasn't an end cap as has been stated elsewhere, it was a big display in a regular aisle).

All 4 of the sets that I got were on that peg, and it didn't look like there was room to fit too many more.

So, unless they already sold a ton, it seems like there weren't too many to in the case to begin with, especially if the stock guy was telling the truth about them not having any more in the back (though he may have been just trying to politely get rid of me... it was about 15 minutes before the store was going to close).

So, in conclusion... I don't know.

I'm probably going to go back and check tonight if there are any more, just incase the guy wasn't 100% honest.

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    It is a TRU exclusive (has the exclusive logo), however another member of the Chicago Horde just informed me that pretty much the exact same Batman figure (probably minus some or all of the accessories) is going to be in a 2-pack at Wal-Mart with Robin (I do not yet know the details of the version of Robin included). I'm trying to get more info on this. I haven't opened the Batman figure yet, and I may return it if the version of Robin is different enough from the previous version released in one of the regular DCUC waves a while back (and if it's a version that i want).