Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.153!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.153!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 153 questions!

This round of questions were selected by tumalu.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. facet: Would Mattel commission Axel Gimenez to do sketches for the more obscure Mattel-created characters such as Snarl the snow thief, Goldenrod, Spin Whiz, Stretch Nek, and Vypor, much like the sketches he did for Fangor and Lady Slither?

Possibly. If we ever have a need for those figures to be illustrated, that would be a great way to get them done.

2. DO4M: A number of fans felt the 200x head pack was amazing. Would it be possible to get another head pack to address some of the issues with the existing heads on characters like Point Dread Teela, Frosta, or the first Snout Spout head with the faulty bendy nose?

It would be a great idea, and we think that could be a great way to solve some current issues.

3. tumalu: Digital River's shipping prices appear to be increasing over time. In particular, during the 'Back to 1985' sale, many discounts were nullified by higher-than-normal shipping prices. Is this something that you will look into, as it may negatively impact future sales and subscriptions?

We are currently looking into how we can fix all the issues that you all have been facing with Digital River. We have some new teams looking into how we can streamline the whole shipping process. We are trying!

4. MegaGearMax: Have you thought about an ongoing advertising campaign for the Classics line in the He-Man Eternity War comics, or in any comic from DC Comics with a large circulation?

That is a great idea and something we have been and will keep discussing with the comics team.

5. Thunderpunch1982: Will we see a Classics version of the Slime Pit? Maybe a can of slime too?

Maaaaaybe! Would love to get to that item. But we have to get some other big things out of the way first. But that's definitely a huge favorite over here.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 155!
    Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 153 questions!
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

So for number 2 is that a yes?!

"could be" and "would be" aren't a "yes" as far as I know it.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

World's #1 GOAT MAN Fan NastyNate's Avatar
    I likey the answer to #2.

Include an un-helmeted Evil Lyn Head and a 200x Teela Head with that Head Pak and it'll sell out faster than Code Red Mountain Dew at GenCon.
    The Year Of The GOAT Is Upon Us

I like that head pack answer!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The slime pit answer was my favorite! Bring it on!!!

A new Slime Pit would be amazing! I can see my wallet suffering if that one comes out.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Bring on the slime!!! Woohoo!

Heroic Warrior
    Point dread teela doesn't need a new head. She's fine as is. But if they want to do an all filmation teela by all means from head to toe And a new head for frosta won't cure her ills. Frosta needs a new paint deco along with a new filmation hair piece cast in opaque blue plastic, a new filmation accurate face, correctly assembled forearms and while they are at it cast castaspellas magic blast in bluish white

Really a vintage jitsu head, vintage faker head, vintage toy teela head, snout spout bendy nose, vintage Rio blast head are really the ones that should be in a head pack
    Last edited by degra; November 25, 2015 at 09:04pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Point dread teela doesn't need a new head. She's fine as is. But if they want to do an all filmation teela by all means from head to toe And a new head for frosta won't cure her ills. Frosta needs a new paint deco along with a new filmation hair piece cast in opaque blue plastic, a new filmation accurate face, correctly assembled forearms and while they are at it cast castaspellas magic blast in bluish white

Really a vintage jitsu head, vintage faker head, vintage toy teela head, snout spout bendy nose, vintage Rio blast head are really the ones that should be in a head pack
    I think you are one of 5 people who think so, so when the new head gets released we can all mail our old ones your way I'm glad you like that figure. I wish I could make myself. I just can't.

I like the head pack idea. Really not sure we need a third Snout Spout head. Plenty of other great designs to choose from though!
    * Vintage Ram Man (open eyes)
    * Vintage Rio Blast
    * Frosta 2.0
    * Vintage Jitsu
    * Vintage Faker
    * Vintage Vundar
    * Vintage Skeletor

And many more!

Degra please stop speaking for everyone? Just speak for yourself If you are happy with Point dread Teela then more power to you but 99.9% of those that have her aren't happy with the unhelmeted head and want a better head sculpt made and a head pack is the perfect place to do it.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Lots of vague answers.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Degra please stop speaking for everyone? Just speak for yourself If you are happy with Point dread Teela then more power to you but 99.9% of those that have her aren't happy with the unhelmeted head and want a better head sculpt made and a head pack is the perfect place to do it.
    No. They're happy with it too. Otherwise they'd be jettisoning her instead they complained and bashed the new team then when she arrived are displaying her in their collection. I've had exactly one person respond to my wanting to take that awful no good dreadful teela off their hands in five months of trying to procure her. If I hated her bloated armor, truncated torso monkey arms and ape face I'd try to recoup a some of my money back and get rid of such an offensive figure. No, like others have said they'll ***** about things but want it in the end. They'll do the same thing with the upcoming hsss figure. They'll scream and call BBB but they'll be the first to purchase multiples come January. Besides Mattel already said they are doing a filmation teela in the HMATMU line so we don't need a Teela head pack in
    Last edited by degra; November 25, 2015 at 11:41pm.

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd really like a new head for Frosta (although, I also wouldn't be opposed to an all-new Frosta with "bright whites", translucent cape and Icer's weapon).

No. They're happy with it too. Otherwise they'd be jettisoning her instead they complained and bashed the new team then when she arrived are displaying her in their collection. I've had exactly one person respond to my wanting to take that awful no good dreadful teela off their hands in five months of trying to procure her. If I hated her bloated armor, truncated torso monkey arms and ape face I'd try to recoup a some of my money back and get rid of such an offensive figure. No, like others have said they'll ***** about things but want it in the end. They'll do the same thing with the upcoming hsss figure. They'll scream and call BBB but they'll be the first to purchase multiples come January. Besides Mattel already said they are doing a filmation teela in the HMATMU line so we don't need a Teela head pack in
    I wouldn't say people are happy with the figure because they are hesitant about selling it...it's more like they have little option and are content until a better product is offered. It serves a purpose until it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Lots of vague answers.
    OK, so it's not just me then. With the above posters saying "I like the answer to #..." I was beginning to wonder if I was reading the same answers. Short, vague, non committal with zero information.

I've had exactly one person respond to my wanting to take that awful no good dreadful teela off their hands in five months of trying to procure her.
    Yeah, that is evidence that everyone is happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    OK, so it's not just me then.
    No it's not just you.

I was thinking the same thing.
    Transparently Yours,

Bonehead

Please just speak for yourself? I can't make that any plainer. What people do with her be it give her to their kids to play with, sell her on ebay, toss her in the trash or keep her in the box is completely up to them. You are the only one singing her praises.
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Heroic Warrior
    I binned the heads and stuck the snake armor onto Point Dreadful Teela. It hides a bunch of flaws.

The figure is still a freaking embarrassment.

Heroic Warrior
    I put on the helmut head. I was going to use a magnifying glass to melt the head and create a "Acid burn" looking face from a snake man attack, but turns out her face already looks like its melting and sliding off her head.

Heroic Warrior
    Rationalize all you want. If you really hated the figure you'd get rid of it or not buy the playset at all. I know deep down inside you like her hence why you keep her and are now spinning why she is "acceptable" lol. That's why mattel doesn't take the meltdowns seriously and I wouldn't either

Heroic Warrior
    Big things.... big things

Rationalize all you want
    You need to take your own advice You're just upset because no one is offering you their point dreadful teela's.

Like I said What people do with her is up to them, but just because they kept her instead of everyone running to you to unload their teela's like you wanted in NO WAY means people are happy with her and I wish you would please stop telling us all If you really hated the figure you'd get rid of it or not buy the playset at all.
    Personally I would rather give mine to toys for tots before selling her to you simply because you haven't learned a thing and still keep pushing your beliefs and views on everyone like it's gospel.

PD Teela's downfalls aren't as exaggerated in person as pictures online made them look. Which, in most cases with these figures, has been the track record. Is the unhelmeted head perfect? No way! Is it horrible? Nope. The armor doesn't look quite so bloated either in person, so in the end, I won't speak for others but personally I'm accepting of the figure and happy to have it.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!