Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Mini Sub would like to see in 2014-2015 ?

What Mini Sub would like to see in 2014-2015 ?

What Mini Sub would like to see in 2014-2015 ?

I know that a lot of people want a POP mini sub first but personally, I'm hoping for:

• A MYP/200X Mini Sub with Prahvus, 200X EvilSeed, Veena, Calix, Ceratus and Snake Armor/Ice Armor He-man
    • A Mini Comic/Prototype Mini Sub with Eldor, Mask of Power demons set, Crita, Songster, Red Beast, Horde Mummy
    • A DC Mini Sub with Despara, DC Stratos, DC He-Man, DC Skeletor, DC Hordak and DC Moss Man.

AND YOU?

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I am up for anything...as always, but I would like to see an NA or POP mini-sub most.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

ID LOVE to see a NA ,Mini Comic or Concept mini sub... but NA the most of all!!!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation.

Maybe a POP combined vintage/Filmation sub, which is what I have a feeling we'll be getting this year.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

If it has to be MOTU related, then I agree with a mini-comic/concept art one.

NA sub would be awesome

I vote Filmation!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Filmation Evilseed! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Multi-Bot, Dragstor, Vultak, Colonel Blast, Horde Mammoth Man and Admiral Scurvy. Why can't we get a decent Thundercats classics line!!!?

Personally, it's POP, Filmation or bust for me... The other factions don't have enough characters to warrant a sub... (apart from NA, which may struggle in the sales department)

I wonder if the selections above are scraping the barrel a bit. A near-entire sub of variants (New-52) would be a hard sell... As much as I don't want a figure if her, Despara would fit better in a POP sub (but the connection is very tenuous). For 200X, Ceratus would definitely be the dud. Hawke might be a better sell, but as Nepthu proved, once a blind subscription has been sold, Mattel could give us practically anyone. Given the small amount of fan-demanded 200X characters, there wouldn't be much mystery to the figure reveals, and TG seems to really enjoy that part of being in charge of the line.

Similarly with the minicomics/prototypes suggestion. I just don't see the widespread fan appeal of these characters. They're very niche. Also, neither Crita nor Songster had prototypes made of them, unless something's been discovered recently (I heard The Power and the Honour Foundation recently discovered preliminary drawings for a Strobo figure back in the 80s, so anything's possible).

I like the idea of having an 'animated' sub of say 200X Evilseed, Crita, Granita, Lizard Man, Vultak and Melaktha...partly because I'd want Mattel to use the label 'Club He-MAnimation' but even then I think mini subs work best when they have something more concrete to anchor them (like Club Filmation and...shudder...the 30th Anniversary line).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I'd like to see another FILMation mini-sub.

I really don't want to see a POP mini-sub, I think the POP characters should stay in the main sub where they deserve to be.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm for an Animation Sub. Combine Filmation, Jetlag (NA), and MYP.

Evil Seed, Veena, Lizard Man, Madame Razz, Filmation Hordak w/ Imp, & Dylamug

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

I really don't want to see a POP mini-sub, I think the POP characters should stay in the main sub where they deserve to be.
    The only reason I'm on-board with this idea is time - if we have to squeeze all the remaining POP characters into the unrevealed 4 months of 2014, and 12 months of 2015, the main sub basically becomes "The Princess of Power Club". That's not fair to the main sub, and may jeopardize 2015 moreso than a New Adventures reveal at SDCC. The mini-subs, so far, have not needed a minimum to go thru, they are just presented and an released. So we'll get 6 POP characters with no worry or hassle.

If we get a mini-sub in 2015, it really should be New Adventures, tho... There's still 5 more Space Mutants... and beyond the core Galactic Protectors, there's still Darius, Sagitar and Crita that don't really have a home. There's plenty to cover and lots of interesting characters for the 4H to bring to life.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post

That would mean at least half the monthly slots in 2015 would be POP in order to get to all the POP figures as promised. That would be a very unbalanced sub for 2015 which is already going to be a tough sell with price increases, limited character choice, and yearly sub decline. There are a total of 9 POP figures left to get to with Madame Razz before the line ends. You cannot do it without a POP mini-sub. There is only 4 monthly slots left in 2014, 12 in 2015, plus SDCC for both years, a sub-exclusive figure, 5 quarterly slots, and 2 Christmas items making for a total of 26 slots. That is not enough slots to get to every character that was promised without a mini-sub.
    Last edited by csc0709; January 9, 2014 at 01:56pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    The only reason I'm on-board with this idea is time - if we have to squeeze all the remaining POP characters into the unrevealed 4 months of 2014, and 12 months of 2015, the main sub basically becomes "The Princess of Power Club". That's not fair to the main sub, and may jeopardize 2015 moreso than a New Adventures reveal at SDCC. The mini-subs, so far, have not needed a minimum to go thru, they are just presented and an released. So we'll get 6 POP characters with no worry or hassle.

If we get a mini-sub in 2015, it really should be New Adventures, tho... There's still 5 more Space Mutants... and beyond the core Galactic Protectors, there's still Darius, Sagitar and Crita that don't really have a home. There's plenty to cover and lots of interesting characters for the 4H to bring to life.
    Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    That would mean at least half the monthly slots in 2015 would be POP in order to get to all the POP figures as promised. That would be a very unbalanced sub for 2015 which is already going to be a tough sell with price increases, limited character choice, and yearly sub decline. There are a total of 9 POP figures left to get to with Madame Razz before the line ends. You cannot do it without a POP mini-sub. There is only 4 monthly slots left in 2014, 12 in 2015, plus SDCC for both years, a sub-exclusive figure, 5 quarterly slots, and 2 Christmas items making for a total of 26 slots. That is not enough slots to get to every character that was promised without a mini-sub.
    I don't agree at all.

There are only 8 POP characters left not including variants:

Queen Angella
    Double Trouble
    Mermista
    Peekablue
    Perfuma
    Sweet Bee
    Entrapta
    Spinnerella

Counting the rest of 2014 and 2015, there are at least 25 or more slots available (if 2015 has the same amount of items as 2014). 8 figures is less than a third of those slots. It can be done easily while allowing for the other vintage figures to be mixed in appropriately. Also, I know we're supposed to get all remaining vintage characters by the end of 2015, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or two figures from each faction are saved for 2016. I mean, would that many people be upset if every vintage character were released by the end of 2015 except for Dragstor and Entrapta, who were released to begin 2016.

Either way, it can be done quite easily.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

PoP in 2014 and Filmation II in 2015.

If we get 4-5 of the remaining vintage PoP figures in a mini sub, there will be room for the rest in the regular 2015 sub. Filmation has the largest cadre of characters to do at this point, so we need another big push.

I agree that NA needs a push too, but I don't think it will sell on its own.

Then, in 2016, the line needs to shift to giving those of us that want EVERYTHING the stuff that is taking a hit by the "finishing the vintage" mandate of the next couple of years. More Filmation, NA, Mini Comics, Concepts, 200x original characters, new 4H characters and anything else to build out the universe before they cannot sell the characters at the minimum needed.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    I can't see them doing all the POP gals outside of the main sub. I'm not a huge POP fan, but I'd find it odd, that these characters would appear in an add-on sub. This wouldn't be what was promised to us IMHO.

I would cheer for somethin' like a surprise sub with 6+ slots. Surprise us with fan-demanded characters from all the media! Concept, NA, Filmation, Jetlag, etc. There are some dudes and girls that are truly needed in MOTUC. From Tuskador to Lodar, from Illumina to Darius. I think this would make most of the fans happy. Even those who don't know yet that they'll want those figures. There are still so much characters out there that will be amazing in a MOTUC form, and everybody will want them.
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

PoP in 2014, NA in 2015. Seems only fair!
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I'd want NA most, because they've been kinda ignored and they have a lot of figures not made. Another Filmation would be good. A DC or mini comic would be cool too.

Court Magician
    POP please!!!

Heroic Warrior
    yeah Princess of Power please

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    PoP in 2014, NA in 2015. Seems only fair!
    I agree with this. The NA sub could include some Jetlag figures like Master Sebrian, Crita, and the Mutant Troopers.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

POP and Filmation in both years

A big fan of Slush Head
    I'd love to get an NA sub!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    A club Etheria with a mix of vintage POP toys and Filmation characters seems cool.

Anyway, if Mattel decides to go for a POP mini sub or a second Filmation sub, I'd be ok with that! (I doubt we'd see an NA mini sub though; I love the 4H redesign of the NA characters but this faction isn't probably popular enough to sell a mini sub)

As long as we get more POP and Filmation in the next two years, I'll be fine with what is released.... (unless of course we get another Plundor or Nepthu!)
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Another FILMATION sub would´t hurt for Granita, Lizard-Man, Melaktha, Vultak, General Sunder, King Micah, Kittrina, Hunga the Harpy, Garth and this list could go on and on.

A 200X sub for Veena, Calix, Hawke, Ceratus, Evilseed, Odiphus and old man Marzo.

Or and that´s my personal favorite the "we almost got them" sub:

Illumina, Might Bite, Tuskador, Darius, Masque and Eldor
    Last edited by Niki; January 10, 2014 at 01:26pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Filmation! Kittrina, Dragoon, Lord Masque, Lizardman, Merman and Hordak
    Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Dragstor, Kittrina, Lizard man, Blast Attack, Angella, Dragoon