Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

1. Even after changed a day forward for the release of this month's figure, there was another ~30 minute delay for the "add to cart" button to appear.

2. As usual, server busy pages. After another few minutes of waiting managed to add Trap Jaw and Battle Cat to cart.

3. Proceeded to check out, at the final step when you enter the security code of your card, a message appeared on top which stated Trap Jaw was out of stock, and that I had to manually remove it by going back to my shopping cart.

How awesome is that? Added to cart, confirmed shipping, and then sudenly not available on the final confirmation step eh? Total time wasted waiting, about 1 hours 40 minutes.

Scr00 you Mattel, you had a whole year in 2009 to learn from your rediculous mistakes and handling of MOTUC sales process. Although you may think you're creating hype and demand by intentionally choosing such a process, insted you've suceeded in kicking away a MOTU fan since the 80's.

Good job!

I couldn't agree more. Same exact thing happened to me. I had my order ready to go until I got the CVV thing and then it sat in processing for 30 minutes before being Sold Out.

This really is unacceptable! I sat for a good 30 to 40 minutes at the final billing page and "processing request" only to be told upon checkout that Trap Jaw and Battle Cat were sold out and that I had to remove them from my order!!!??? ***!!!????

INCREASE PRODUCTION and INCREASE the amount of SERVERS you have Mattel!!

I'm NOT resorting to evilbay…I guess I'll just have to wait a year until the figures are available again?????!!!!!!!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D

i'm done with this line

for those that know me. Know i'm a fairly laid back guy. I've done video reviews on youtube of these MOTUC figures as they've come out for about a half a year. I've gained almost 9000 subscribers on my youtube channel from my other reviews i've done. Prepare for a rant video coming out soon. But i am DONE with collecting these figures...i won't be reviewing them anymore nor will i ever recommend them to my almost 9000 subscribers ever again. Why do you ask?

Simple. I'm on mattycollector.com a hour or so before the sale starts. About 20 minutes before and all i'm getting is the refresh page. When it finally starts working....about 10 minutes after 9am PST. I get all my figures into my cart that i want...a Trap jaw, Battle Cat and 2 of the battle stands. Everything runs slow, but smooth. Get my lovely subscribers coupon entered. Then click the submit button to process my order and they start processing my credit card. After several minutes though, something is wrong...and the page times out. Naturally i'm annoyed and try reloading manually. Fearing i might get charged twice. (seeing how this is matty and digital river, i wouldn't have put it past them). The page still doesn't respond..even though it again says it's processing my payment. While it's doing that for about 15 minutes not, in total...i get a message saying Trap Jaw is SOLD OUT?! I'm super annoyed now. I have one coming from my subscription...but i wanted a second to be able to display with the second head he comes with. So...i try backing out and removing Trap Jaw from my cart...that takes so long to process...BATTLE CAT SELLS OUT TOO. Now...i don't have a battle cat or a second trap jaw.

This is OUTRAGEOUS. I'm personally sick and tired of this crap with mattycollector.com every single month. This is how you run a fan away from your product. And i promise, i'll make sure my almost 9000 subscribers know i'm done with this line!!

Congrats on your sellouts though...not only did you empty your warehouses of toys...but you're gonna be emptying your fanbase as well

I'll be calling my bank and BLOCKING your attempts at charging me for my monthly subscription figures. As well as removing all my videos i've done, promoting your MOTUC line off my youtube channel...

Same exact thing happened to me.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    right now i dont blame you one bit.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I scored NOTHING today (2/16) thanks to MattyCollector.com's servers.

I was here at 11:45. At 12 I went to the site had the refresh screen for about 3 mins and clicked on the add all link. Waited on refresh another min or 2. I placed 2 Battle-Cat and 1 stands in my basket and I noticed Trap-Jaw wasn't posted. I went to the main page and clicked on him there. I added 2 of him. Went to check out and the server took my Battle Cats out. Went back to Battle Cat re-added 2 to my cart. Proceeded to check out. Got to the part where I enter my credit card validation code and after about 10 minutes the server reset the connection. I went back to the site and it showed 5 items still in my cart. Tried to check out again and it said Trap-Jaw was no longer available. Removed him from my cart and tried to check out again. Server reset the connection again. Went back to the cart for a third time. My 2 Battle Cats and 1 stands are showing in the cart. Tried to check out WITHOUT my Trap-Jaws and this time it says the Battle Cat is out of stock. Thanks Matty, now I'm off to eBay

I completely understand this reaction. I'm amazed at Mattel and their out right lack of response to the fast sell out issue that has been going on since month two of this line. I wonder when they will decide it is important to have and not to lose customers.

I can totally relate. Due to pure luck and good friends, I'm getting a Trap Jaw.
    But this is just unacceptable from Mattel.

I just want one of each figure without having to buy a sub. Now I fear this is impossible. The remaining 10 months in 2010 will be awful.

That happened to me too! Except that I didn't even use the $8 coupon because I thought it would be an extra step which might slow me down. I willingly gave up on it in order to have better chances to complete my order, but it didn't help. The site is just too bad.

the same happened to me but the only difference is that before battlecat sold out I thought icouldnt buy him so something told me to go online and check my cedit card and i was charged for 1 battle cat so i went to my order history and it said order submited for 2 battlecats so i got 2 for the price of 1 and overnight shipping normaly I'm a honest guy and I would tell them but now I say it serve them right for being very irresponsible company and the crys of the collectors goes unheard

I have the exactly the same trouble... I did my order for 3 BC, 5 TJ was good at 11.12
    this but when I tried to add 2 MAA was upper saying some of the products is out of stock, so I tried to paid just TJ and BC so another upper shown: TJ is out of stocK? whattt? so I tried paying BC and when I confirm payment nothin! no more BC soooo?
    Empty hands? why with made orders with my credit card on wasnt completed? Too bad matty...
    Last edited by Narom; February 16, 2010 at 02:41pm.

Heroic Warrior
    For the first time I didn't get to order Battle-Cat or Trap-Jaw from Matty. I had to order from ebay and it's costing me a fortune.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I feel your anger as well. It took forever to put Battle cat and Trap-Jaw in my cart and then I try to get Man-at-arms and the site glitches and says he is not available so I go to checkout mad as hell for not being able to get him. But the extra time it took to get the error cost me TJ and BC. So I end up with nothing all because of a glitch on Mattys part. Mark my words they have lost alot of buyers today.

Wandering the abyss, in search of an alliance of consequence.
    Man if you are at the grocery store and you have a gallon of milk in your cart and then all of a sudden thats the last gallon of milk in the store, its still in your cart till you pay for it. Why can't MattyCollectorr be that way??? I lost out on two Battle Cats.
    Find the things in life that bring you joy and hold onto them with every ounce of your being.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I was here at 11:45. At 12 I went to the site had the refresh screen for about 3 mins and clicked on the add all link. Waited on refresh another min or 2. I placed 2 Battle-Cat and 1 stands in my basket and I noticed Trap-Jaw wasn't posted. I went to the main page and clicked on him there. I added 2 of him. Went to check out and the server took my Battle Cats out. Went back to Battle Cat re-added 2 to my cart. Proceeded to check out. Got to the part where I enter my credit card validation code and after about 10 minutes the server reset the connection. I went back to the site and it showed 5 items still in my cart. Tried to check out again and it said Trap-Jaw was no longer available. Removed him from my cart and tried to check out again. Server reset the connection again. Went back to the cart for a third time. My 2 Battle Cats and 1 stands are showing in the cart. Tried to check out WITHOUT my Trap-Jaws and this time it says the Battle Cat is out of stock. Thanks Matty, now I'm off to eBay
    Same here. You're not alone. Tried check out process more than 6 times and the last time it told me that Jaw and Cat were out!!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Same for me. Since I couldn't get Battle Cat, I am choosing not to order the $100+ worth of stands that I also had in my cart. Way to go, Matty.

Widget
    same here man.... that really sucks..battle cat is going to sky rocket..just sunk 120.00 on ebay for cringer and trap jaw..the first time this ever happened to me ..and i have every figure..i have a feeling its only gonna get worse...good luck on anyone who wants to get him..and congrats to the *******s who bought 10 of each to make a quick buck..and left the collectors with zippo..

Have to say that this month was a lot worse than before, I've always managed to order when I've tried before, but today I was kept waiting for 25 minutes and trapjaw sold out. Before completing the order BC was sold out as well. Got stands. Sigh.

Also, the so called queue wasn't a queue at all, it seemed like "not refreshing" the page made it take even longer. Tried ordering from my iPhone which actually worked better... but in the end I was left without figures so... Yeah. Bummer.

It's weird how some people have problems and some don't. I wonder if it's based on areas of the country.

I ordered @ 9am put in the Battle Cat code and got my confirmation E-mail at 9:01. I am in California so maybe that makes a difference.

I pretty much have not had the red screen at all since Hordak.

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by triklops3eyes View Post
    Man if you are at the grocery store and you have a gallon of milk in your cart and then all of a sudden thats the last gallon of milk in the store, its still in your cart till you pay for it. Why can't MattyCollectorr be that way??? I lost out on two Battle Cats.
    Ironically lol that's almost the exact same thing i said to the customer service lady i was talking on the phone while i was calling to cancel my subscsription...which was done successfully mind you

Heroic Warrior
    Same here, but I forgot the time and came on at 17:07 (12:07 EST) and didn't get either Trap-Jaw or Battle-Cat. I had to go to ebay. It's really bad.

Heroic Warrior
    Same here I had 190 plus dollars worth of stuff that I did not order as I could not get Battle Cat. Thanks Mattel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Although I got the figures thanks to a friend who orders for 4 people I can understand all your grief.

It is unacceptable!

And guess what? For 2011 the options are: Buy everything, no matter if you can afford or want everything or get nothing at all...

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Same. Im giving up... this is becoming too problematic for me. Im gunna put my stuff away and just sell it someday. Im happier with my vintage anyway. Gimmicks rule!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael