Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    This is what I said would happen! Please Mattel, up the production! I think somewhere on these forums Toyguru mentioned how they will only put out a little amount of figures above the subscription for sale online.

This isn't good for newcomers or when you make figures with two distinct looks: Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man, Teela, Trap-Jaw/Kronis, etc.

Also, what about Battle Cat? He wasn't included in the sub and sold out in 31 minutes.

When figures were taking HOURS to sell everyone was getting fed up.

I think Optibotimus' comment about clearing out your warehouse AND fanbase is very apt.

I'll miss your reviews. I didn't always agree with your take on things, but you were always fun and hilarious at the same time.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I dont blame you optibotimus...I have never complained about anything with this line since its inception and feel bad for all those who didn't get what they wanted (myself included). Are we to seriously believe that in almost a year and a half of production, Mattel hasnt been able to get the production numbers right yet? It really is a pathetic joke.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Same here. Not happy at all. Try checkout process 5 times......nothing! BOLONY!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

As I posted over on Mattel's forums:

I too am done collecting this line Matty. I was a latecomer to this line as I did not discover it until late December 2009. Therefore I was not able to get a subscription to guarantee that I got all the figures I wanted. Since then I have collected all the figures I missed in the past year off eBay.

It has now been two months that I have put up with the ridiculously fast sell-outs as I wait at my computer at noon Eastern on the 15th (or 16th). I now have to play the same game for the next year if I want to collect this line because Matty refuses to give us latecomers a half-year subscription for late 2010.

Today, I too like many others was online before the sale time and I too sat through minutes upon minutes of the new and improved WSOD. By the time I tried to finalize my order, Trap Jaw was sold out.

I am not willing to wait another year or year and a half for him to be re-issued. I am no longer willing to sit by my computer for the next year hoping that I can collect this line before it sells out in 15 minutes.

I was planning to get 2 of the 2011 subscriptions (including all the quarterly figures and large figures) because I love this line so much. But no more.

Mattel, today you just lost a customer.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one...
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Same thing happened to me... no battle cat here...

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    Got to the part where I enter my credit card validation code and after about 10 minutes the server reset the connection. Thanks Matty, now I'm off to eBay
    Same thing here. I have never missed a figure but when a big purchase ($30) comes out and I actually get $8 off for being a SUBSCRIBER, the server resets me twice and BC is sold out. I was on at 11:05 CST, had no trouble signing in, no RSOD, my $8 off code went in fine - everything was great until I hit the Process Order button. Freeze, reset, no BCs left.

So instead of $8 off, I will now probably pay double for a BC. Thanks again Matty for not putting Bonus figures in the SUBSCRIPTION I paid for months ago. I'm ready to sign a contract for every figure you put out so LET ME.
    Angella Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! ENTRAPTA! FLUTTERINA! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MultiBot NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma RIO BLAST! Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I was about 2 seconds from quitting collecting these during the checkout process. It was horrible.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I don't understand quitting a line over missing a figure, but ok. Everyone that wants to act that way, go for it.

When the 200X line was in stores I could hardly find anything. I didn't stop collecting. Sometimes you miss out on stuff. That's the way it goes. Some people need to stop acting like they are entitled to these figures.

I feel almost as angry as you do right now, but I refuse to quit this line. No matter how hard Mattel makes it, I will get these toys one way or another.

Same here my friend. I was logged on at 10am cst and when it hit at 10:59am I insteatly got the RSOD and I was soooooo freakin mad.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Another reason why Mattel NEEDS to scrap the subscriptions and go to regular old pre-orders.....
    This space for rent, apparently.....

Heroic Warrior
    It really is simple, Mattel. Either raise your prices to get demand down or, perhaps increase your production run.

We want to give you our money. More toys = more money.

Anywho, I still won't be buying a subscription plan for the same reasons I didn't buy one last year. This fiasco will not make me change my mind.
    "That should hold them for a while!"

eaglehost@hotmail.co.uk

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    This is what I said would happen! Please Mattel, up the production! I think somewhere on these forums Toyguru mentioned how they will only put out a little amount of figures above the subscription for sale online.

This isn't good for newcomers or when you make figures with two distinct looks: Man-At-Arms, Mer-Man, Teela, Trap-Jaw/Kronis, etc.

Also, what about Battle Cat? He wasn't included in the sub and sold out in 31 minutes.

When figures were taking HOURS to sell everyone was getting fed up.

I think Optibotimus' comment about clearing out your warehouse AND fanbase is very apt.

I'll miss your reviews. I didn't always agree with your take on things, but you were always fun and hilarious at the same time.
    Even though you didnt' agree with things i said in some reviews...i appreciate the support. I'm very sad i won't be bringing these to you anymore. I loved doing them and i loved how people liked viewing them. Reviews are always the opinion of the reviewer and we can happily agree to disagree. It's just sad though...i was angry...now i'm sad

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
    It's weird how some people have problems and some don't. I wonder if it's based on areas of the country.

I ordered @ 9am put in the Battle Cat code and got my confirmation E-mail at 9:01. I am in California so maybe that makes a difference.

I pretty much have not had the red screen at all since Hordak.
    Not here Reptile......east coast (at least I) did not do that good!
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Court Magician

Wow

Now battle cats are going for $100+ on ebay, just great!

Same here no Battle Cat and no Trap Jaw... but just look on ebay soon there ae gonig to be all that we did´n get... Im so angry with matty

I had trouble ordering as well- I thought it was because I was using my phone. I had to make 2 seperate orders and lost some money on shipping. Seeing the trouble many of you had I guess I was lucky this month.

The EXACT same thing happened with me with Trap-Jaw. I think if the figures are in your cart, they should be reserved for you.

I did get a Battle Cat, but after the wait, the time outs, getting jacked on Trap-Jaw and raped by the shipping and tax charge, my excitement is dead. With the shipping and tax I paid nearly $45.00 for Battle Cat.

I am NOT going to buy a subscription and be forced to buy figures I have no interest in, and with all the non-classic characters they are adding, the amount of figures I have no interest in is growing.

This is one of my favorite lines, but I can't take much more than this. It is beyond ridiculous!

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    I'm not saying everyone should quit. If you want to keep buying from them go for it. I still love this line. I think it's terrific. But i cannot support or promote a product, put forth by a company that refuses to take notice of MASSIVE problems with their system. It ruins the experience entirely for me.

companies take risks, so why didnt they risk investing a little more to increase production?? after so many fast sellouts of their products and hearing the fanbase they STILL dont have a clue about their demand?!

Same here. Great job Mattel. What a way to push the fans away. Here's what I wrote them:

First off I want to say I've collected the MOYUC line since the beginning. I purchased a 2009 subscription and a 2010 subscription. I've been very pleased with the line up until today.

Today, Feb. 16th 2010, at 12 PM Eastern I went to Mattycollector.com in attempt to purchase the following items: 2 Battlecats, 1 Trapjaw (in addition to my subscription), 1 Man At Arms and 2 boxes of the diorama stands. I was able to add all of these items to my cart. I even used the $8 off coupon you e-mailed all us subscription holders for Battlecat. But then things went bad. I'm well aware of the busy screen and not to refresh it. I attempted to complete my order but was told that an item was out of stock and the order could not be completed. I was confused of what this could be. It was barely after 12 PM Eastern and I had several items in my cart nad had no idea what item was out of stock. I opened another tab and went back to mattycollector to the Feb 16th items. All items showed in stock. I started to remove items one at a time to see if I could complete my order. No such luck. After several stressful frustrating minutes I now saw that Trap Jaw
    was out of stock. I removed mine from the cart and tried to complete my order. Still no luck. I became worried that Battlecat would soon sell out that I now limited my cart to just the two Battlecats. I attempted to complete my order yet again and now I'm told server error. Long story short after about 12 unsuccessful order submissions and your site locking up several times I'm now told that Battlecat is out of stock.
    Wow! Great job Mattel. You really know how to make the fans happy. But not to worry. I'm sure all those *******s on eBay will have no problem selling those boxes full of Battlecats to me for three times the price. Too bad the coupon code you gave me is useless now. I tried calling customer service several times. No luck there, all circuits busy.

So why must you insist to still allow people to purchase up to 10 items. This is hurting the fans who just want one or two and you're alienating them. Now I've been a fan since the beginning as I've said and now no Battlecat even though I was at the site 5 minutes before noon. How do you plan to fix this problem and make amends with the TRUE fans? For without them this line will not last.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    I feel bad for everyone who didn't get their figures, I missed out on Battle Cat and Trap Jaw too...It's not going to stop me from finding other ways to get these figures. There are a lot of folks on the forum that are willing to help others.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Thats devastating. I quite liked your Reviews but i understand the frustration.

Something similar happened to me. Everything when smoothly...
    I had no problem placing a Battle Cat in my shopping cart.
    After that I had somewhat of a struggle to order a Man-at-Arms but ultimately I succeeded.
    At the check-out the problem started. Apparently Battle Cat was sold out and had to be removed from my shopping cart in order to continue...

How can it be sold out if I had one in my shopping cart?!

This is yet another slap in the face of the fans.

Oh yeah, did I mention I'm still waiting for MOTUC Teela and Ghostbusters Ray since October? I succesfully ordered them, even got a confirmation mail but later 'my order was incomplete' (whatever THAT means) so all I got in the last for months is 'we understand your concern and the problem will be taken care of' mails...

Thanks, Mattel. Thanks a lot!

I got screwed too as the webpage timed out during the "processing your request" with my credit card info (twice mind you) so nothing for me today which is the first time I missed out on any MOTUC figure except for King Grayskull. I also was on the site 10 minutes before sale time as well. I won't quit the line but now I won't be a completist and only get what I really like which it looks like only Moss-Man for the time being. After all this time, you would think Matty would have this all figured out but it only seems like it gets worse ordering these figures.