Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    This thread is not meant to be a place for harassing other orgers, diminishing others opinions with snarky comments, or starting fights. It is not for people 'considering' quitting either. This thread is for those of you who have officially quit collecting MOTUC/Buying Directly from Mattel. You may explain your reasons as to why, but keep it civil. This is also not a thread to name call or attack Toyguru, as much as I'm sure some of us are frustrated into wanting to at every given chance.

If you are fed up with the service you have received from Digital River. If you will no longer accept the price hikes, or if you have simply become bored and moved onto other things, this is the place for you. Maybe its all of these reasons, or maybe its something else. I want to compile a list of people to show Toyguru (who never responds to messages with valid concerns or complaints), that he is losing thousands of dollars in revenue for good reason.

So here I go. I removed all my information from Mattycollector.com, and I will never make another purchase from Mattel. I was completely unsatisfied with the service I received from DR. Over a month of emails, only to be given options that would either cost me a figure, that I would have to do without in my collection, or cost me even more money to swap for another item of the same value.

No, I'm sorry Mattel, it doesn't work that way. When you send someone a defective product, you eat the cost yourself, make them happy and hope to retain their business. I have purchased their products for nearly two decades. I had 2 defective figures from Hasbro 8 years ago. They replaced them without issue. No questions asked, and I continued to buy their products. I didn't even have a receipt or packaging left. They took my word as truth. They handled my complaint quickly, efficiently, and I never had another complaint. I have 1 issue from Mattel/DR and I get cookie cutter emails, and a big slap in the face.

It was fun while it lasted, now it is simply not worth it to me anymore. So I'm done. Mattel will never receive a single penny of my money again.
    Good luck to you dude...

In the meantime...

BRING ON FANG MAN!
    Last edited by AuraBoyX; February 16, 2013 at 01:14am.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    There's still a lot of stuff i wanna see done, no need to list it, but when this line ends i'll be done with MOTU, if mattel tries relaunching it in a diff scale, count me out. MOTUC will be the ultimate line for me now and forever. depending on how the new SW movie figures look in 2015 or 2016 whenever the movie is released i may be done with collecting altogether. GI joe 25th was ruined, SW VC has been switched for the black line series, MOTUC is the last line for me.

now if MOTUC is put on pause for a movie then comes back in same scale n packaging with figures that havent been made, i'll pick those up, but a whole new line starting from scratch, cant do it.
    I don't care about any other MOTU line except Vintage and Classics, which is Vintage updated....NA, 200X, Movies, Modern comics....blah, nope....I've waited 30 years for these Masters figures....I can easily live just fine if I never bought another MOTU line, I don't have but 2 of my Vintage left in good condition, and 2 more missing a lot, or just look bad, Classics gave me a modern figure, but looking almost exctly like the figures I had as a kid. I get my personal collection done, and I am done.

I likely won't buy another line ever of MOTU....I collect Transformers, but they assed them up when the DOTM toys came out, and I haven't bought any since....now hoever the 30th line is coming, and I see many I would buy....but aside from a few other figures like all 4 TMNT Classics Turtles, and Looking to find a Matty Winston with the proton pack to finish my 4 main Ghostbusters. Transformers is pretty much all I'll be looking to collect. I am definitely getting that 2 foot tall Metroplex....hell yeah, that for sure over Castle Grayskull, it's the Metroplex I have waited my toy loving life for. Now for a 4' tall Fortress Maximus!!!
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't care about any other MOTU line except Vintage and Classics, which is Vintage updated....NA, 200X, Movies, Modern comics....blah, nope....I've waited 30 years for these Masters figures....I can easily live just fine if I never bought another MOTU line, I don't have but 2 of my Vintage left in good condition, and 2 more missing a lot, or just look bad, Classics gave me a modern figure, but looking almost exctly like the figures I had as a kid. I get my personal collection done, and I am done.

I likely won't buy another line ever of MOTU....I collect Transformers, but they assed them up when the DOTM toys came out, and I haven't bought any since....now hoever the 30th line is coming, and I see many I would buy....but aside from a few other figures like all 4 TMNT Classics Turtles, and Looking to find a Matty Winston with the proton pack to finish my 4 main Ghostbusters. Transformers is pretty much all I'll be looking to collect. I am definitely getting that 2 foot tall Metroplex....hell yeah, that for sure over Castle Grayskull, it's the Metroplex I have waited my toy loving life for. Now for a 4' tall Fortress Maximus!!!
    I agree with you 100% in that I will not likely buy another line of MOTU after this one... This line is it for me. At this point it is so voluminous that I could not imagine starting another collection like it. In many respects I am GLAD the 200x line failed to pave the way for this line... It is perfect for me. Unless the releases become ridiculously ludicrous and shoddy (which I think they currently are not) I will gladly accept all new releases with enthusiasm and awe. But once this lightening in a bottle fades it will be it for me. I just pray it goes on long enough to encompass all the Vintage, Filmation, 200x, POP, NA & Mini Comic characters we all as a collective community desire!

I truly wish all the people out there who want to quit the line could share the love I and others have for this line.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post

I truly wish all the people out there who want to quit the line could share the love I and others have for this line.
    I agree with you on this one 100%! I'm not a real toy collector.....I'm a Classics collector. I Love this line and when it ends I'll go back to being a casual Star Wars collector once again. I know there are some frustrations but for the most part I'm in love with the line. I don't fault those that lost the passion for it....I just can't imagine how you can once you have these amazing works of art in your hands!

Mattel, you just lost me as a subscriber

Just saw the monthly cost for a three pack plus the regular figure....$116

Yeah, that is too much money for four action figures. Dumping my subscription and going to buy day-of so I can pick and choose.

I expected it to be honest, I knew the 3 pack was $75 plus a regular figure....it's only once, yeah it's way high, and I myself could have done without it, but it's the last 3-pack, and the only truly expensive sub month....but I plan to sell Karatti to offset the cost.

I know August could be high with potentially buying the SDCC stuff and the couple sub figures, but at least that's a choice....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

What did you expect? We knew that these 4 figures were going to be $100 when the subscriptions went up for sale. Then you have tax and shipping, so $116 isn't all that unreasonable. Mattel gave you that information up front so I'm not sure why you're upset about it.

That sounds about right to me, 4 figures, shipping, and tax.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

This is why they opened subs up again for May specifically.
    And this is why I only signed up for one sub, not two.

I agree it is a lot and thankfully I think they said they were done with 3 packs. I'm curious though - didn't you know about this month when you signed up?
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

did you not do the math when you subbed? really you are mad b/c the math came out to be what we were told it was going to be?, plus Mattel is giving a $4 shipping credit this month.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

It's not like this wasn't expected. Why sign up in the first place?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    I really think Mattel will have a VERY hard time to sell their 2014 subs.

No matter what people here on the .org may think, there are a LOT of people who are furious about the way this line is mishandled. There are now too many issues to even list them.

I really hope these recurrent and ongoing issues won't spell the demise of the line, but...

It's a very expensive month. At least it's only $4 shipping for each figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    Just saw the monthly cost for a three pack plus the regular figure....$116

Yeah, that is too much money for four action figures. Dumping my subscription and going to buy day-of so I can pick and choose.
    lol Its these types of complaints that really tickle my funny bone the most. Its one thing to complain about having a 3pack in the sub becuz of cost when the pack was announced, but its another thing to sign up for the sub knowing the cost upfront, then, when its time to pay the bill, complain about the cost. I know, I know, everyone has a right to complain...complain away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It's not like this wasn't expected. Why sign up in the first place?
    That's what I would like to know as well
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    It's a very expensive month. At least it's only $4 shipping for each figure.
    $16 shipping for just four figures is pretty high, actually.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Please. I'm getting FFM, Karatti, and Silk Spectre and my shipping alone is $46.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    If he is located in Ohio as his profile indicates, then he pays sales tax for MattyCollector orders. They charge tax after they add in shipping so it's more likely he paid $9 for shipping and $7 for tax on top of the $100 for the figures.

I paid $12 for shipping - UPS.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    you knew it was going to be expensive before signing up.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

No matter what people here on the .org may think, there are a LOT of people who are furious about the way this line is mishandled. There are now too many issues to even list them.

I really hope these recurrent and ongoing issues won't spell the demise of the line, but...
    What ongoing issue is this? The price was clearly spelled out when the sub was announced. Is the issue with the $4 shipping credit this month?
    You say there are "too many" of these ongoing issues to list but I think the majority of people that subbed are happy with the way this year has been handled (especially quality wise)

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I was being sarcastic because... you are correct. $16 is high for shipping and taxes. But compared to the $8-10 shipping when buying an individual figure. $4 seems like a bargain. Just like $2.5099 for a gal of gas now seems like a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

I too am curious about these 'too many' problems... Maybe I'm an optimist or complacent or just don't care enough but I've been pretty happy with things overall. Maybe I'm just lucky enough not to have hardly any issues at all.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    I too am curious about these 'too many' problems... Maybe I'm an optimist or complacent or just don't care enough but I've been pretty happy with things overall. Maybe I'm just lucky enough not to have hardly any issues at all.
    Same here. Haven't had a single issue. I know what everything costs an plan accordingly. Everything is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    you knew it was going to be expensive before signing up.
    This is very true. I'm still cringing at the shipping cost for May, but we all knew it was coming. I'm just trying to focus on the fact that it'll (hopefully) be the last time.