Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by boricua11220 View Post
    the same happened to me but the only difference is that before battlecat sold out I thought icouldnt buy him so something told me to go online and check my cedit card and i was charged for 1 battle cat so i went to my order history and it said order submited for 2 battlecats so i got 2 for the price of 1 and overnight shipping normaly I'm a honest guy and I would tell them but now I say it serve them right for being very irresponsible company and the crys of the collectors goes unheard
    On the flipside though, that "free" Battlecat could go to someone who missed out on him. I`m not trying to jump down your throat here, but if you think about it, it does make sense. 2 wrongs don`t make a right!!

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    I feel bad for everyone who didn't get their figures, I missed out on Battle Cat and Trap Jaw too...It's not going to stop me from finding other ways to get these figures. There are a lot of folks on the forum that are willing to help others.
    Agreed...that most folks here on the forums will probably help out their own. But it shouldnt' come to that. Hearing time and time again people getting screwed over with getting these figures...pushing them faithful to have to go to ebay or other places to get something they love? Me stopping isn't something i'm saying everyone should do if they love it. I won't recommend or promote their products anymore. I won't give money, on a monthly basis...well over 100 dollars to a company that refuses to fix problems. Time and time again....today even...i hear about people trying to order...then because of their horrible system...miss out on products. Just like my situation. It's disappointing that a company such as Mattel...cannot see these problems. This is why they'll never compete with such companies like Hasbro...

Heroic Warrior

Same crap here

I was online at 10:45 CST, in the queue as they say.
    I was able to place all of the figures in my cart and then the order says processing forever (one hour and a half later still says processing)

I called customer service (in India) and got through someone after 35 minutes.
    Talked and talked about basically nothing (they can't do squat) and finally I asked politely 15 minutes later to be transfered to a supervisor, and 15 minutes later got disconnected. TOTAL 1 hour on the phone (45 minutes waiting time!)

I called Mattel customer service: they think the wait time was unacceptable too, but can't do squat about it either... great! They did recommend I call back 1-877-466-2889 (in India) and ask for a supervisor right away.

I am on the phone now, waiting for 25 minutes and still no one has picked up.

So, yes I would like to say that I am done with MOTUC until Mattel get their act together.

NO PLEASE. I love your reviews! Don't leave us. This happened just an hour ago so give it some time to make sure that you have truly and calmly made up your mind about it.

If you're firm on your decision, know that I will be REALLY missing your reviews!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

It's darn frustrating when sellouts happen so quickly, especially a unique figure like Battle Cat that you can't guarantee through a subscription. You know Mattel is going to re-release Battle Cat, the only problem is that it probably won't be unti 2011.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by optibotimus View Post
    I'm not saying everyone should quit. If you want to keep buying from them go for it. I still love this line. I think it's terrific. But i cannot support or promote a product, put forth by a company that refuses to take notice of MASSIVE problems with their system. It ruins the experience entirely for me.
    You sound like a detroit Lions fan. And we alway get tricked into hopping back on the band wagon

Quote Originally Posted by damiendvl99 View Post
    Now battle cats are going for $100+ on ebay, just great!
    You can wait til the re-release, I bet it happens in the next 3 months.

you guys arent alone, i got nothing as well.
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    NO PLEASE. I love your reviews! Don't leave us. This happened just an hour ago so give it some time to make sure that you have truly and calmly made up your mind about it.

If you're firm on your decision, know that I will be REALLY missing your reviews!
    i appreciate you liking what i do. The people here and response have been amazing. I'm not leaving...i'll still come on here lol but i'm not doing reviews for these toys anymore. I'll leave it to other people now. I can't do it anymore. I know it just happened...but i can't get these figures now. And i'm not gonna pay ******* prices...nor am i gonna buy the figures from someone on here..when the figures could go to someone more worthy...llike the guys trying to buy them for their sons and such.

For the first time ever I got nothing. Matty put two holds on my credit card tho, so I got that going for me. But other than that, I got nothing. I got locked out at the end of my order and got nothing. I am so angry.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

Savage LOLcat of Eternia
    I scored nothing here, too. Got caught by the MAA glitch, and lost the others one by one trying to take out the sellouts between WSOD's.

Glad to see some of us got through, but sad to see supply was so low compared to demand. I'm sure there are lots on Ebay right now, but I can't really justify paying 2-3X the price to myself just yet.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I got screwed this time too. I just knew this was going to be the rough month because everyone wanted Trap Jaw. It's all Man-At-Arms fault!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want to resort to EvilBay, but I'm going to wait until both are shipped out because all that are available now are "Pre-Orders"...how do you even know, with what happened this morning, they'll be able to get them in stock before you place an order?

I really hope Mattel does right by us on this and puts more into production ASAP, because even without Trap-Jaw being sold as a sub, BC was not and sold out in less than 30 minutes. That is NOT the way to get new collectors into the line, especially after Toy Fair this weekend....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Every single month, and promises they can't keep, and yes, i blame toyguru in spite of many people opnions, he is the one reading us and making promises of changing.
    Same red/white screen since december 08!! No figure lasts more than a day!!!
    They promised they would update servers, they promised figures would last at least a week.
    This is an adult collection yet they manipulate us like kids.
    Matty is worst that the worst politician in campaign i have seen.
    Last edited by EMILE; February 16, 2010 at 02:12pm.
    Emile

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Same thing here. I have never missed a figure but when a big purchase ($30) comes out and I actually get $8 off for being a SUBSCRIBER, the server resets me twice and BC is sold out. I was on at 11:05 CST, had no trouble signing in, no RSOD, my $8 off code went in fine - everything was great until I hit the Process Order button. Freeze, reset, no BCs left.

So instead of $8 off, I will now probably pay double for a BC. Thanks again Matty for not putting Bonus figures in the SUBSCRIPTION I paid for months ago. I'm ready to sign a contract for every figure you put out so LET ME.
    That's exactly what happened to me! I wonder if there was a glitch with the "Process Order" button?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I agree. Try to let some time pass so you can make a decision after you have cooled down a bit. I understand that you are very angry right now and you do have good reason to be. However anger can impair judgement a bit and you may change your mind later. If you decide to go through with it anyhow though, it is your call.

I completely understand why one would quit. I have the same mentality that led me to stop collecting comic books. My local comic book guy would occasionally forget to hold something for me from my pull list. Finally I said to heck with it.

I have done the same thing with shows too. When the dvr craps out a few times and I miss a couple of episodes that pretty much ends my interest.

I do not blame you one bit man.
    Want List: Mosquitor Staction, He-Ro, Orko + Adam, Keldor, Battle Armor He-Man
    Trader Feedback

To the Original Poster here:

You'll try to back out of Matty's charges, but when you clicked the "Yes I agree" statement that the subscription is non-refundable is the day you got screwed for the long haul.

I'm just thankful I had a subscription of Trappie because it took 25 minutes from 8:59am PST to get my order in, and even then I wasn't even sure it went through.

I went through 5 payment screens and 4 of them failed. The other one didn't even show a confirmation!!!! Eventually I checked order history to see if there was anything and ONE made it through for MAA and BC. I NEVER got a screen confirm so I was a little peeved this was so complicated.

To make it worse I couldn't even tell if the discount code worked cuz it was hidden in the shipping cost. THEY NEED TO DO A WAY BETTER JOB SHOWING THIS DISCOUNT CODE INDICATOR.

I didn't get mine by chiming in the soonest, it was pure luck out of a handful of failed order attempts. By far this was the worst order experience I have ever had.

I posted this on another thread, but this was me this morning using multiple browsers and windows WAITING for ONE OPENING:

3 times my order said something was sold out when the orders showed MAA and BC were NOT yet sold out.

I may have gotten an order in my just plain chance, but I didn't know it ever went through.

SUPER terrible experience this morning even though it was a completed order.

The order code didn't work a few times and almost gave up on that. REALLY BAD discount indicator.

HUGE thumbs down this morning.
    Horde Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    I don't understand quitting a line over missing a figure, but ok. Everyone that wants to act that way, go for it.

When the 200X line was in stores I could hardly find anything. I didn't stop collecting. Sometimes you miss out on stuff. That's the way it goes. Some people need to stop acting like they are entitled to these figures.

I second that. Capitalism and the free market is celebrated by everyone until a mad rush happens. Possibly because:

(a) People like the OP produced tantalizing video reviews of the figures in advance making every geek and their grandma want one. (In that way you have become the master of your own dissatisfaction, OP)

(b) The subscription dealio was a way of making sure every fan got at least one figure - Mattel saw these bumrushes were going to be inevitable and set that up. Not perfect - show me the perfect company and retail prospect.

(c) Before everyone goes home and beats their families or kicks the cat - I was unhappy that I didn't get a figure and a Battle Cat, but then, much as I love - LOVE - MOTUC, I am a thirty-two year old man trying to buy a green-faced, cyborg space-pirate and a green tiger with red armour. So, after crying, kicking my cat and calling my parents to advise them that had they not given birth to me I would not have suffered today's disappointment I meditated on what it was I was in fact buying, took a deep breath and relaxed. Then, I want no plaudits and, yes, I didn't need to tell you - I gave thirty dollars to the Haiti charity, which is what I suggest you do with the Trap-Jaw/Battle-Cat money you were going to spend today - I ain't getting preachy or high-fallutin', just a thought.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Heroic Warrior
    The thing with the "I had a gallon of milk in my shopping cart at the store" analogy is this. With an online shopping cart system, it's not TRULY in your cart until you go to check out. The system doesn't KNOW it's in the cart until then. So it would be more like going to a store and giving a clerk your shopping list, thinking he'll be able to bring everthing on it back to you. But if the clerk gets to the milk and it's all gone, there's nothing he can do. Know what I mean?

I obviously am not trying to be a supporter of these fast sell-outs as I think they are total BS, but saying "why can't people who had the items in their cart not get the items" doesn't really work because of how online shopping systems function.

FWIW, I have a subscription and will be getting a Trap Jaw. I did not want to or even try to order a Battle Cat or any other Trap Jaw figures today. That said, if there wasn't such a fast sell out and Battle Cat or Trap Jaw were still available in two or three days from now, I'd be much more likely to pick one up and they'd get that extra money from me. I have no desire at all to try to fight with the order site, but if Thursday came along and I were able to come here and read all sorts of positive things and read about how excited people are to be getting their figures, I may get caught up in the excitement and order one or more for myself. As it is now, it's all negative and discouraging and doesn't make me want to go out of my way to get anything other than the one I get from my subscription.
    --Monte N
    http://www.thebananaconvention.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet-T View Post
    I agree. Try to let some time pass so you can make a decision after you have cooled down a bit. I understand that you are very angry right now and you do have good reason to be. However anger can impair judgement a bit and you may change your mind later. If you decide to go through with it anyhow though, it is your call.
    The thing is...this is the first time happening to me...but this isn't the first time it's happened in general. This happens every single month. Why wait around, like others have for a year, when they won't correct the problems? It's like the people that stayed on the titanic, thinking it still wouldn't sink while the life boats were leving...I'm on one of those lifeboats :P watchin ya'll go down :P

Same experience as many here. Had to delete Trap Jaws and then missed out on Battle Cat, despite being in my cart.

Couple that with up to 10 minute wait times on the WSOD per mouse click, I have no hair left and only by the grace of god did I not punch a hole in my monitor. Called the customer services number to complain (I'm in Australia, so I will punch a hole in my monitor when I get my phone bill, now) and Mattel don't even have anything to do with the website. Lodged a complaint with a manager anyway (he was understanding and says they get a few).

Complete waste of time and money, though (the call).

This is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Sure, we could get everything in 2011, but really, do I want Thunder Punch He-Man or some obscure NA characters from a show I never watched? Once my 2010 sub is done, I think I'll be done. It'll be a relief on my low finances as it is (wife and kid).

I've never had a problem before until today...here are the things that really grind my gears:
    A: I was online at 12 and got locked out of the site
    B: After waiting and getting my cart loaded up I got locked out before I could pay
    C: Even after I got back in and back to the page where I could pay, my computer was timed out waiting for a confirmation from Matty.
    D: My Credit card was authorized twice even tho I was timed out twice from Matty without a confirmation.
    E: My friend, who has NEVER ORDERED BEFORE, was able to get through, get a Trap Jaw and Battle Cat, and didn't have any problems.
    F: I sat on the phone with Matty Collector for 40 minutes to get the right to hear some lady tell me that I didn't have any authorizations even tho my Credit Card told me I do.

Put this stuff in the damn subscription and stop making unhappy customers.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

Widget

I love masters but since battlecat i may quit

I truly love this line, but today was the most frustrating experience yet. I had battlecat in my cart and checked out at 12:10 and they said he was sold out. HE SOLD OUT IN TEN FREAKIN MINUTES. I think i may just stop collecting this line altogether. What do other fans feel?

Thank you for all the amazing reviews you've done (btw, I checked your OptimusPrime RotF Leader Class figure review too before buying him, and that review was awesome aswell). I hope you'll still stick around on these forums!

I'm mostly done with MOTUC too. I just cherry-pick my favorites. But if Mattel keeps this artificial hype up and the ultra-fast sell-outs continue, I'll just stop buying these figures. There are plenty of other collectibles I can waste money on if this line becomes too frustrating to collect (i.e new Marvel Legends coming up and some SSC stuff I've been yearning to get).

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I also ended up with nothing, except I was charged for all of it.

And, no one can help me get the refund until the authorization falls off in a week or so.

MattyCollector.com is a disaster. Every month has been a struggle, but never as bad as today.

" the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few "
    " or the one "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }