Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

They lost me so long ago I forgot!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    $116? I wish. I live in Cali so it's like $122 before the shipping discount. And to be honest, yeah this was a hard month, but Oct is gonna be worse if you have the filmation sub. Mantenna + Unnamed Monthly Figure + 4th Quarter 2pk + Filmation Figure = $125 before shipping and tax
    Consider it's the Horde Trooper in Oct., the costs will rise more, if people want multiple packs for army building...

But again, every sub holder knows that since February... Time enough to put aside the money...

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    So,
    let me get this straight...
    you signed up for the sub knowing the FFM were part of the sub @ $75.00 and most likely released with another monthly figure... and it's Mattel's fault somehow?...
    I apologize if I'm wrong, but since you posted right after me without quoting the person you're responding to, I'm assuming that remark was directed at me.....
    Where did I say Mattel is at fault for shipping the FFM with another figure? Or how did you get that as the point of my post?

The intent of my post was to those that said "you knew exactly what you were getting in to when you subbed", that there's no way anyone could have envisioned shipping was going to shoot up in price by such a wide margin. Again, only going by my own experience, pre-2013 I was paying some of the IMO cheapest shipping prices around when using Matty (no complaints there), but was getting the slowest shipping service practically ever (again, no complaints, as IMO I was getting exactly what I was paying for). But now I'm paying the highest shipping rates from any online retailer I've ever used, and still getting the same slowest shipping service I've ever experienced.

No way anyone here predicted that Matty's shipping would become one of the most expensive around when they've been so cheap previously. Like I said before, a rate increase was excepted, but not the drastic increase we got (at least internationals anyways).

So yes, we knew the price of the figures before subbing, but nobody knew how much shipping rates were going to increase back then. So it isn't quite fair for some to chastise one and say we knew 'exactly' what we were agreeing to pay back then.
    That's all I'm saying.
    I don't have the same feelings as the OP, but I thought it was a fair point to bring up, instead of piling on.

No, sorry it was not directed at you but the OP...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I figured as much, but I thought I should try to better explain myself if necessary.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Foreknowledge of the event doesn't change the fact that you'll be on the ground when "Nut kicking time" finally arrives.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Consider it's the Horde Trooper in Oct., the costs will rise more, if people want multiple packs for army building...

But again, every sub holder knows that since February... Time enough to put aside the money...
    Oh I'm not complaining personally, I fully knew what I was committing to when I bought both subs, I just wonder why they didn't switch the Sept and Oct figures just to spread the cost out a little more evenly. Ok Mantenna's not gonna be ready for Sept so move him to Oct and move the Oct figure to Sept

Now what's killing me is the extra $10 to ship my figure 400 miles, when I've had figures shipped from the east coast for half that. I mean if they can knock $4 off in May, why can't they cut shipping by $4 all year?
    Last edited by Veronica Mars; May 10, 2013 at 11:25pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure I've ever been to this thread, but it's taken me til now to get to the point of truly considering leaving the line. I have bought the figures since Matty first offered them, and commentary about misteps along the way aside, I'll have just about everyone I need or want for my collection to feel complete. I have a finite amount of space to store stuff and am truly only a fan of a few characters that have been released in the sense that I have them on a shelf or something. I figure If I'm not looking at it or playing with it then it does me no good to have it taking up space. The Rock Warriors at comic con were the final two I was waiting on. Of course there may be some other characters that need to be made but not bad enough that I would subscribe again. To subscribe fro 2014 I'd have to see everyone, at least a list up front. Heavy hitters needs to sell me, and I'm not sure what Matty says are heavy hitters is faith enough to make me go in blind on half the year again. I'm of the opinion only the D-listers are left for classic motu, and I never liked the new adventures. The Filmation and She-Ra characters that have been held off, would make the biggest draw in my opinion. So if I'm not off the line totally by now I'm going to become a cherry picker. I think matty needs to poll all sub holders and get the lay of the land on what characters they want made. I think 2014 will be the wind-down year if it goes into production at all.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Considering it to. At first was not to upset about the Hordak thing but with me missing strobo too ( due to my west coast time conversion) but I'm all in and I want everything. I understand the reasons of doing this but I think there could be better ways like sending us a code to be able to buy him if you were a subbers......
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Considering a regular retail 6" action figure is now $22.99 it makes me appreciate MOTUC. For only $2 more you get a 7" figure with a few accessories. Sure the price for shipping sucks, but that's how it is now in 2013.

It's a shame that back in 2008 a retail action figure was only $9.99. Over a 100% price increase in 5 years on toys, very strange. I hope this isn't the dead of the action figure.
    Really, which lines are 22? The new tmnt are under 15, the dcuc are under 15, the movie masters are under 15..I've not seen a major toy line at retail near 22. And motuc is a line that should actually be less then most others. There is no middle man mark up, or retail cost. There is no license fees as Mattel owns those. And on top of that 80% of the figures use a majority of their parts from other figures. As for the mentioned Cost of living increase...where are those numbers coming from? When this line launched gas was higher, oil was higher per barrel, and the economy was worse.

And again, even if u knew in advance the cost, it still sucks. And you should still be able to express that. And when the subs were on sale we were told, get the sub or no line. No/limited day of sales. And that skus were cut back because they realised the amount of money people were agreeing to, without any idea what figure or how that figure would look, when and how those charges would be applied, was a lot. Then we suddenly have half a dozen new skus. Some months we will be paying 30 bucks, some 100, and even 350-400. Yes this is a luxury item. No one makes us buy it. But no one makes u buy a cell phone, or cable or Internet. But that doesn't mean when u do that you can't grumble about the price. I love Motu. And I love these MotuC figures. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about the cost, digital river, and Mattel at times. And since I'm a paying customer shouldn't I be allowed to voice my opinion? Ever go to a movir(or buy a game/DVD/bluray) you didn't like, and then be told "well u knew in advance what it cost and that it was a movie so you can not complain about it"? So not everyone is thrilled about spending 1500 a year on toys ( or risk not getting any without the sub). Isn't that our right?

As much as it pains me to say this, but I'm thinking of quitting. Missing out on Strobo and now the new flash figure fiasco is just a huge turn off for me. Sure, it's not the end of the world but as a faithful fan that has supported this line since the beginning this is getting too bothersome. It's starting not to be fun anymore. I don't like being teased and treated like a child. This is a collector's line for adults. I just don't get why they would offer a surprise figure and think people would think this was great. Especially since most of us missed out on him.

I felt like this was a slap to my face. I have subscribed every year and this is how I am rewarded. The only reason I subscribe is so that I don't have to deal with this. So if this is where we are going with this line then what's the point?

My point is that there aren't any all-stars left to do. I think what some refer to as "heavy hitters", many would refer to as "the best of what's left", and I think that's a huge distinction. Take what I say with a grain of salt though, right now I'm bitter about a month when I'm paying $100 for four figures that I don't particularly have any interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Mattel's pointed at next year as being the remaining heavy hitters from vintage MotU, PoP, 200X and NA. That's what I mean by "all-star". I'd never presume to speak for "most collectors" but, there do seem to be quite a few fan–demanded figures still. Just look at the most wanted threads.

Quote Originally Posted by BrettX209 View Post
    My point is that there aren't any all-stars left to do. I think what some refer to as "heavy hitters", many would refer to as "the best of what's left", and I think that's a huge distinction. Take what I say with a grain of salt though, right now I'm bitter about a month when I'm paying $100 for four figures that I don't particularly have any interest in.
    I kind of agree, I have all my all-stars....being MAA, He-Man, Skeletor, Teela, Trap Jaw, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man...etc. What is left are fairly high demanded Vintage & POP (Glimmer, Angella, Two-Bad, Dragstor, Tung Lashor...etc)....not per se Vintage All-Stars, but more 2nd tier favorites (Ninjor, Rio Blast, Ssssqueeze...etc.)....but for POP, yeah, there are still a few "All-Stars" there, but not as many 2nd tier favorites just under the All-Stars. Still important, just not as popular as the main big guys that we already have are.

Quote Originally Posted by snakearmor View Post
    Really, which lines are 22? The new tmnt are under 15, the dcuc are under 15, the movie masters are under 15..I've not seen a major toy line at retail near 22. And motuc is a line that should actually be less then most others. There is no middle man mark up, or retail cost. There is no license fees as Mattel owns those. And on top of that 80% of the figures use a majority of their parts from other figures. As for the mentioned Cost of living increase...where are those numbers coming from? When this line launched gas was higher, oil was higher per barrel, and the economy was worse.

And again, even if u knew in advance the cost, it still sucks. And you should still be able to express that. And when the subs were on sale we were told, get the sub or no line. No/limited day of sales. And that skus were cut back because they realised the amount of money people were agreeing to, without any idea what figure or how that figure would look, when and how those charges would be applied, was a lot. Then we suddenly have half a dozen new skus. Some months we will be paying 30 bucks, some 100, and even 350-400. Yes this is a luxury item. No one makes us buy it. But no one makes u buy a cell phone, or cable or Internet. But that doesn't mean when u do that you can't grumble about the price. I love Motu. And I love these MotuC figures. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about the cost, digital river, and Mattel at times. And since I'm a paying customer shouldn't I be allowed to voice my opinion? Ever go to a movir(or buy a game/DVD/bluray) you didn't like, and then be told "well u knew in advance what it cost and that it was a movie so you can not complain about it"? So not everyone is thrilled about spending 1500 a year on toys ( or risk not getting any without the sub). Isn't that our right?
    I don't know....TMNT is cheaper, even the 6" Classics from TRU are cheaper than that....Deluxe Transformers are like $15 while Voyagers have held steady around $21 - $23 for a while now....I'm personally not seeing the $23 6" figures....and I am a frequenter of toy aisles more so now thanks to my 3 year old, who has to go down every aisle at least once every trip to the store. Star Wars are like $9 - $10....I see some that are not worth the money they retail for, but I think retail prices for the most part have stayed similar in the last few years....within $1 - $3 of what they were, aside from Transformers Deluxes, going from $10 or $11, 2 years ago, up to $15 - $16 now.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; May 11, 2013 at 01:45am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Court Magician

Well I'm done with MOTUC

I don't post here much, but I feel this is the proper place to post this. After being with this line from the very first King Greyskull, I'm ending my love afaire with MOTUC. It's nothing to do on Mattels part, and all on my end. I simply can't spend the money on these figures anymore. I was looking forward to staying with the line until the end, but I just can't.

The truth is, I haven't been able to afford these figures for some time now. I was making it work, but my fiancé and I have been suffering because of it. She's been out of work for a few months and I've been selfish. But enough is enough. I was about to re-authorize my subs for October and I just couldn't pull the trigger.

I have picked out 20 figures that I'll be keeping but everything else is going to eBay. My subs are canceled and my Greyskull pre-order will go un fulfilled. There are still 4 figures shown that I will be purchasing if they have day of sale. But for me this is the end. But I want my figures to go to a good home, so if you have any holes in your collections keep checking eBay in the next few days.

This line has had it's ups and downs, and I've been through it all. I'll continue to be around and following the line but mostly as a spectator. Or is that a Spector? For all of you who are still able to afford the line I wish you the best. And I wish you all a good journey.

this line's been a rip off since it began. don't feel sad. keep your money. buy something that matters. like food. or a new car stereo. or a new lawnmower.
    Last edited by Angry-Calligar; October 21, 2013 at 01:36am.

Time and circumstance has a way of changing things.

Do what you need to do and remember that collecting the figures is a hobby. You can always buy back the ones you miss. And who knows? In a year you may be in a better place financially and can afford to re-invest at your own pace.

Years ago I had a friend who collected MOC Hot Wheels, and he was crushed when he had to sell them. But he told me that selling them now just meant that he could buy them again later if he missed them, and "collecting" each one was the real fun for him.

Keep your love for the story and enjoy the figures you are keeping.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Why pay EBAY fees? Try and sell it here first or on a Facebook page dedicated to Classics. I understand your frustration though. The cost is about to be my downfall as well.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

I have sent a pm for some figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull28 View Post
    I don't post here much, but I feel this is the proper place to post this. After being with this line from the very first King Greyskull, I'm ending my love afaire with MOTUC. It's nothing to do on Mattels part, and all on my end. I simply can't spend the money on these figures anymore. I was looking forward to staying with the line until the end, but I just can't.

The truth is, I haven't been able to afford these figures for some time now. I was making it work, but my fiancé and I have been suffering because of it. She's been out of work for a few months and I've been selfish. But enough is enough. I was about to re-authorize my subs for October and I just couldn't pull the trigger.

I have picked out 20 figures that I'll be keeping but everything else is going to eBay. My subs are canceled and my Greyskull pre-order will go un fulfilled. There are still 4 figures shown that I will be purchasing if they have day of sale. But for me this is the end. But I want my figures to go to a good home, so if you have any holes in your collections keep checking eBay in the next few days.

This line has had it's ups and downs, and I've been through it all. I'll continue to be around and following the line but mostly as a spectator. Or is that a Spector? For all of you who are still able to afford the line I wish you the best. And I wish you all a good journey.
    I would at least let this month go through. If money is tight, at least you can make some money from Mantenna and the Horde Troopers while helping an Orger.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faker78 View Post
    I have sent a pm for some figures.
    It's on like Donkey Kong for that Teela!

But in all seriousness, you're right to take care of your family first.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

But in all seriousness, you're right to take care of your family first.
    I completely echo this.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    I tried to quit a few times, even canceled a subscription but the line is too good to ignore...

I'm afraid that as long as MOTUC exists i'll be watching with interest

I sometimes feel like I'm late to the party on this forum. I really only started collecting this line in earnest last year! 2014 is the first year I'm actually getting a sub! It's all so shiny and new for me, and then to feel like the whole party is winding down when I just arrived. Damn.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Customikey View Post
    I sometimes feel like I'm late to the party on this forum. I really only started collecting this line in earnest last year! 2014 is the first year I'm actually getting a sub! It's all so shiny and new for me, and then to feel like the whole party is winding down when I just arrived. Damn.
    Well, at least you arrived when Aunt Scorpia, Uncle Two-Bad and Cousin Modulok are coming....
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I think with a pending price increase of both shipping and figure price, for 2015 I'll just pick that year, my full year cut off is $25 per figure, once sub price exceeds that in 2015....I'm done. I'll pick a few figures either DOS or from BBTS, but to pay a higher price for a couple is still far cheaper than a sub full of a bunch I may not want. I was not an entire Vintage figure fan, I had my favorites and those that I cared less about, I don't need Sssqueeze and Rio Blast, or Blast Attack, or really anything much that cam in the later waves. I don't see much for me after 2014 left anyway, I mean if Dragstor comes in 2014....I really don't have anything left to buy aside from a few possible POP and Filmation. I have no use for 200X, NA or as I said later wave Vintage, so....

I really hate that this is a possibility, as I would love to see Fang-Or after 2016, but the line may just be gone after 2015, maybe if it was reduced to 6 figures or something in 2016....I don't know, but at likely $27 - $29 for a sub figure ($29 - $32 DOS) plus almost $11 shipping....um, no, to me, the price far exceeds the value....

It's borderline for me since in 2014 the shipping is $10.29 as is, but I subbed for one last year.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!