Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Also...I had to sneak out from a work meeting with my boss in order to get the figures.

Matty just don't deserve my loyality
    Just a correction: you chose to sneak out of work, you didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    I'm sorry everyone is having trouble.

However in one picture I saw two computers with Mattel up. Could this be slowing down the site? I ask because the samething happens to Amazon Vine every 3rd Thursday of the month. We have members logging onto two or more computers trying to get their free high ticket items.

Just throwing it out there.
    The fact that a fan had to use two computers to try to get an order through is sad. A put no blame on the collector.

Evil Master of Fluffiness skullking's Avatar
    OOooo this is vent central!!!

Here is my tale of 90% woe.

got on matty at 9:02*
    $
    Battlecat in cart at
    $
    needed a second trap jaw for a friend (I already have one from a sub), back to the menu page.
    $
    now the MOTU classics page
    $
    trapjaw in cart
    $
    wanted some stands, back to the menu page
    $
    not the MOTU classics page
    $
    stands in cart
    $
    wanted more than 1 set of stands, calculating that
    $
    entering battle cat code
    $
    signing in to matty
    $
    submit order
    $
    thrown off of page have to relaunch
    $
    go directly to cart which is still loaded, try to submit order
    $
    system error on matty page, try again
    $
    $
    $
    total has changed now for some reason, tax added in, submit again
    $
    Battlecat sold out, re adjust order
    $
    order adjusted, submitted again
    $
    Trap jaw sold out, re adjust order
    $
    order adjusted, submitted again
    $
    YAY!! you have STANDS!!!!!

I am very ****** off about this, I really hope battle cat is run again, and I REALLY hope they instate the Bonus figure included sub for next year. I HATE HAVING TO GO ONLINE EVERY MONTH TO FIGHT OVER FIGURES!!!

$ = 1-3 minute wait as page loads

*pacific time

Heroic Warrior
    Wow...just... WOW Mattel... EPIC FAIL.

Hope somebody at Mattel gets fired for this one.

You listening Toyguru?

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    If we don't get a second run at these like with skeletor i think we need to start a petion!

This is bs!

I'm sorry to hear that Optibotimus. As others here, I enjoyed watching your reviews and I'm sad we won't see them again. Too bad you cancelled your subscription already. Maybe you'll feel difirent about it tomorrow. But now it's too late, you already cancelled it.
    I know it's crap if ya miss out on figures, but these figures are still freaking awesome.
    As long as I know Mattel, they always have had difficulties to manage their quantities right. One time they produce too much, one time too less.
    Apparently it's hard to to assess the right amount of figures. Hope they'll get it right some day.

Heroic Warrior
    When this line started, didn't Toyguru say that they wanted everyone to get these figures?

I'm also done with this line (at least the mattycollector part of it-will still try to get decently priced figures on ebay). I knew BC and TJ would be sold out when I got home from work at 12:45 CST, but seeing how many people who were at their computers right when the sale started and didn't get them, I'm done with even trying. I actually thought about taking a day off from work on June 15th so I could get She-Ra, but why even bother? I probably would suffer the same fate as many of you have. The only thing that would change my mind about this line is a pre-order system. That way, everyone could order as many figures as they want, and Mattel wouldn't have to worry about producing "too many" figures. They could also reissue the figures within a few months instead of making us wonder when, or even if, a figure would get rereleased.

As I posted on the Matty forums:

The exact same thing happened to me Optibotimus. I share your anger/frustration/disappoinment. However, I am not going to cancel my subscription and quit this line. I admire your strenght to do so but I enjoy MOTUC too much to give them up. But still the fact remains:

MATTEL NEEDS TO INCREASE PRODUCTION TO MEET DEMAND!!!

I think it would also help for others who missed out to take a stand and not get BC and TJ off e-bay. Let the re-sellers hold on to them for awhile until the price gets closer to what it costs on Matty. Do not let them profit for our misfortune and Mattel's refusal to increase production.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Quite agree with both you and Soulfly. They are just hunks of plastic in the end. People need to stop freaking about missing one here are there.

The demand exceeds the supply right now, popular figures are bound to sell out fast. Not everyone will get one. If you DO get one, you are just taking a figure from another fan, and you have someone else whining.

Everyone can just settle down. If a figure is popular it'll get a re-release. If it isn't popular enough for a re-release, it's probably selling for pretty cheap on ebay.
    I heard the same lines during 200x. Its just plastic, calm down etc. I heard alot of: just wait it will come to you. It mostly came from people who were lucky enought to have access to the figures. Eventually, the line died even though many fans were pointing out exactly what was going wrong with the line from the begining. I didn't see so many of the posts about calm down and be patient once the 200x line died.

These ordering problems have been getting worse from the second month MOTUC started. Yet what relief has there been? It has only gotten worse. This is the same reaction Mattel gave to the smash blade He-man fiasco: complete denial. Even a subscription does not help since we now have the bonus figures. Mutiple re-releases 6 months or more down the line will not solve the problem of consumers who quit the line out of frustration. I firmly believe these problems will lead to less demand.

I don't know about you but, I'd like this line to last. I got my figures today. But, I see what Mattel is doing as a threat to the whole line of MOTUC and just inflammatory towards it's consumer base.

All I have to say is you have a lot of faith in Mattel given their past.

Widget
    Both he-man and battlecat are essential figures for the line to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Horde Lord View Post
    Here's how the subscription system should go for those who want the full deal:

1. Pay the up-front cost, get the sub bonus figure as before
    2. You have tiered options for the subscription:
    a. Hero Subscription: Basic 12 figure commitment
    b. Warrior Subscription: Basic 12 + all bonus commitment
    c. Ultimate Subscription: Basic 12, bonus + beast/accessory commitment, con exclusive premiums

It makes no sense for us subscribers who get subscriptions with intent to collect them all when we run the danger of not being able to even get the bonus and CRITICALLY important beast toys like Battle Cat. It makes no sense at all. Give the people options, charge additional premiums for it too if you like! Just give people the option of basic 12 or others. It's blatantly obvious subscribers want more than just the 12 they signed up for. They are obviously completists and WANT to have the option to buy them all for their collections.

Seems like common sense to me. Charge for different tiers based on how serious your customers are. At least give the folks who REALLY want them a chance to buy in for the year and be guaranteed at least one.

This ******* business is garbage and am so sick of this junk always happening to fellow collectors.
    This is the exact amount of common sense needed to satisfy all fans- those that can spend $$$ and those who can only afford the essentials.

But lest we forget- multiple tiers and therefore common sense is "off the table". (Presumably because DR can't get their heads around it.)
    Last edited by Eaglehost!; February 16, 2010 at 03:04pm.
    "That should hold them for a while!"

eaglehost@hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    I heard the same lines during 200x. Its just plastic, calm down etc. I heard alot of: just wait it will come to you. It mostly came from people who were lucky enought to have access to the figures. Eventually, the line died even though many fans were pointing out exactly what was going wrong with the line from the begining. I didn't see so many of the posts about calm down and be patient once the 200x line died.

These ordering problems have been getting worse from the second month MOTUC started. Yet what relief has there been? It has only gotten worse. This is the same reaction Mattel gave to the smash blade He-man fiasco: complete denial. Even a subscription does not help since we now have the bonus figures. Mutiple re-releases 6 months or more down the line will not solve the problem of consumers who quit the line out of frustration. I firmly believe these problems will lead to less demand.

I don't know about you but, I'd like this line to last. I got my figures today. But, I see what Mattel is doing as a threat to the whole line of MOTUC and just inflammatory towards it's consumer base.

All I have to say is you have a lot of faith in Mattel given their past.
    With 200X though we were lied straight to our faces by JP (changed the name to initials to protect the guilty) Anyone remember being told the line was NOT coming to an end even though it was already DEAD and gone to continental exclusives? The guy in question works for jakks now

Can someone please help me!? My order was going fine, up until the invoice page was loading, and then it said "there was an error, click refresh" so I did. Then it got all messed up, and I can't tell if my order went through or not. I got a confirmation e-mail, with order number, but my order history still doesn't show the order. I clicked on the link in the e-mail and it says that the order is in process. What does that mean? What should I do? Please help.

Who knows if I got one. I got an email confirmation saying that my order went through but I never got the confirmation page...it kept saying there was an error.

I know. I'm really concidering selling my extra set I was intending to keep MOMC. This figures are getting expensive and this would help finance a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by damiendvl99 View Post
    Now battle cats are going for $100+ on ebay, just great!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Can someone please help me!? My order was going fine, up until the invoice page was loading, and then it said "there was an error, click refresh" so I did. Then it got all messed up, and I can't tell if my order went through or not. I got a confirmation e-mail, with order number, but my order history still doesn't show the order. I clicked on the link in the e-mail and it says that the order is in process. What does that mean? What should I do? Please help.
    the same happened to me but the only difference is that before battlecat sold out I thought icouldnt buy him so something told me to go online and check my cedit card and i was charged for 1 battle cat so i went to my order history and it said order submited for 2 battlecats so i got 2 for the price of 1 and overnight shipping normaly I'm a honest guy and I would tell them but now I say it serve them right for being very irresponsible company and the crys of the collectors goes unheard

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel killed the 200X line by terrible case ratios (way too many Smash-Blade He-Mans, no King Hisses) and blamed kids saying "not enough kids got into the line". Kids wanted the figures, but they couldn't find enough of the ones they wanted! BIG MATTEL EXCUSE! Now it's "we want everyone to have these figures", yet what they should have said is "you can get these figures, but you have to get a subscription and buy every single figure in advance whether or not you want them all, and you have no idea what figures are going to be in the subscription!". When enough people leave this line out of frustration and the line dies within the next year, MATTEL'S EXCUSE WILL BE "the fans just didn't support the line enough, so we're done with MotU forever!".

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    The fact that a fan had to use two computers to try to get an order through is sad. A put no blame on the collector.
    But could that be gumming up the works? That is what happens with the Vine program I am on.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

it wasn't battlecat that sold out, it was trap-jaw, i didn't buy trap-jaw cause of the subscription, and i still went ahead and ordered him at 20 minutes after even though i got the same thing saying an item in your basket was sold out and all i had was battlecat, that was a mistake, not anyone else's fault you didn't bother checking out anyways and quit, that's YOUR LOSS. don't complain.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Hmmm same thing happened to me. I got the confirm e-mail with the order number. I just checked my order history and it was there.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by skullking View Post
    $
    YAY!! you have STANDS!!!!!

*pacific time
    I didn't even get the stands I was so sick with this experience. They were just incidental pick ups if I actually managed to get battle cat....
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

It's really pathetic that they've known about htis problem FOR OVER A YEAR but haven't fixed it. I was fortunate enough to get a Battle Cat - and even use my coupon - but I really feel for those who didn't. Every now and then, for the last few months, I would think "if I don't get Battle Cat I'm gona have to ****ing kill some one" hahaha. I have a subscription and not even having to opportunity to get a pre -rder on the non-subscription figs is ridiculous. I mean there's really no logic to how bad these guy are ****ing up other than perhaps being so absurdly lazy that they can't even get a pre-order service going.
    Born with a mustache in a Supernova

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    Who knows if I got one. I got an email confirmation saying that my order went through but I never got the confirmation page...it kept saying there was an error.
    This happened to me. When I click on the "looking up your order" link, in the e-mail, it says order in process, but when I check my order history on matty, the order isn't there. Can anyone tell me if I got it or not? There needs to be a revolt, and I'm not saying that lightly. This is a slap in the face to anyone who wasn't willing to submit to a twelve month contract, that was unbreakable during the small window of availability. I hate Mattel. With the deepest, blackest hate one can have for a faceless corporation.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    I wonder when they will decide it is important to have and not to lose customers.
    Answer: when they accualy lose customers..to them a 19min sell out is a 19 min sell out. they don't care if they go to resellers or fans/collectors.

I think they will come back to reality when Optikk is released as Ebay will be flooded wiyh them as many I have spoke to don't want him. (also I feel he will last a while on Matty)

What's the customer service number? Is it 1-800-gomatty?