Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Official discussion thread for those who are considering quitting or will quit MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBad View Post
    Also...I had to sneak out from a work meeting with my boss in order to get the figures.

Matty just don't deserve my loyality
    "Okay, Mr. TwoBad - let's start with today's stats. Coffee? Ah, no, I see you are just reading the report I gave you. Very good. Well, down to business. Frankly the last year has shown a significant decline in turnover and it looks like we may have to lay off an entire sales division... Mr TwoBad? Mr. Twobad? (Pushes Mr. Twobad who slumps to the ground, revealed as a hastily made dummy. Boss turns red with rage and waves fist at the sky) TWOBAD!!!!!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Heroic Warrior
    Dear fellow members of the forum,

We heard promises for MONTHS now (in fact, from years, from the very beginning of the line).

This line went throught more LIMITATIONS than ANY I've personally known and collected so far...

PLEASE remember this feeling of ANGER and INJUSTICE that you feel right now. PLEASE remember it, ESPECIALLY when new promises will be made, when new figures will be unveiled !

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF MAKING PEOPLE DROOL WITH AWESOME NEW FIGURES IF THEY WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO GET THEM ?

Now, another "little" thing... Those who were lucky enough to succeed ordering Trap Jaw and/or Battlecat... NOW you'll have to hope and pray that the figure you'll get IS NOT DAMAGED OR HAS NO QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES ! Imagine going through what happened today with the order of Trap Jaw and Battlecat, and then discovering a damaged figure...

I'M SORRY, but THIS HAS GOT TO STOP !

I feel really sorry and understand fully those who gave up, and I feel very sad for them, because we have a common passion, there are some great figures, BUT MaHell's, Messycollector's and Digital Pooper's marketing, mishandling of the line and QC issues are beginning to RUIN our favorite hobby !

I want this line to succeed, I want the fans to be happy, I want MOTYUC to last for a very long time, BUT IN EXCELLENT CONDITIONS FOR THE FANS ! And we can only come to ONE conclusion : we're still VERY FAR from those excellent conditions !

I am interested in how many people will be quitting the line after this fiasco so I have started a poll here

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    This happened to me. When I click on the "looking up your order" link, in the e-mail, it says order in process, but when I check my order history on matty, the order isn't there. Can anyone tell me if I got it or not? There needs to be a revolt, and I'm not saying that lightly. This is a slap in the face to anyone who wasn't willing to submit to a twelve month contract, that was unbreakable during the small window of availability. I hate Mattel. With the deepest, blackest hate one can have for a faceless corporation.
    I have a subscription...don't forget...even those that bought into the twelve month contract had to deal with this because Battle Cat wasn't included in the subscription.

I'd like to know too!

This really hasn't pushed me to buy a subscription next year...it's done the opposite... I'm giving them until Evil-Lyn to fix this. If it's not fixed by then, I'm done with the line. I don't have faith in this company, line, or customer service to sign up for another 12 months.

Widget
    Same thing happened to me. It really does suck the fun out of collecting this line when you have to go through such lengths just to try and order a figure on the day it's released.

I am interested in how many people will be quitting the line after this fiasco so I have started a poll here

Quote Originally Posted by DJjoker182 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Same exact thing happened to me. I had my order ready to go until I got the CVV thing and then it sat in processing for 30 minutes before being Sold Out.
    Same thing happened to me! I also looked at my order history, and it says "order unsubmitted". LIE!!! I submitted the order!

They can't even ship the stuff to the right address even after I corrected it with a rep!

After 2010, I am done. My subscription service I will let do the work, but bonus stuff, is just not worth the stress.
    AKA "SPORTIMUS" on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/user/Sportimus

The same exact thing happened to me. I'm giving serious consideration to calling it quits too. The frustration of all this just isn't worth it.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skullking View Post
    OOooo this is vent central!!!

Here is my tale of 90% woe.
    They have a single page that all new items can be ordered from. You don't have to keep going back and forth between adding one thing to your cart, then going to the next page to add something else, and then having to wait through the red/white screen of death several times, etc. You can just add everything to the cart all at once:

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...rID.3800209109

They've been doing this every month for several months now.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Kinda makes me wonder what ever happened to "the thrill of the chase" Appologies if anyone is offended by it, but a few years back most people loved hunting for that 1 figure they just can`t get In this day and age everyone wants everything NOW. I can guaruntee BC will be available again and sold probably around the same time as the second "flocked" Panthor

I can't say I blame any of you, things have NOT gotten any better. I've lucked out, but the first time I get screwed out of a must have figure I'm probably going to walk as well. I almost stopped collecting after the whole Merman debacle where I ended up with 3x as many figures as I wanted.

And to think these were supposed to be the easiest MOTU figures to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Kinda makes me wonder what ever happened to "the thrill of the chase" Appologies if anyone is offended by it, but a few years back most people loved hunting for that 1 figure they just can`t get In this day and age everyone wants everything NOW. I can guaruntee BC will be available again and sold probably around the same time as the second "flocked" Panthor

You cannot chase what isn't there.

Plus, when we were going to the stores there was not some dude with a big goofyass mask on grinning at you as he locked and unlocked the doors repeatedly only to shove you back on the street before you had a chance to buy anything.
    Want List: Mosquitor Staction, He-Ro, Orko + Adam, Keldor, Battle Armor He-Man
    Trader Feedback

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by chudman1000 View Post
    I agree. Quitting over one figure doesn't make sense, especially all the people threatening to sell their entire collections! I have never had EVERY figure in any line I ever collected and missed out on some favorites, but that never stopped me. I never even had a Battle Cat in my original MOTU collection, and usually pretended Panthor was him, but it didn't make my collection any less valid. It was all for the fun. I do understand the frustrations though, and agree that Matty needs to look at making some changes because frustrating the customers is not good business practice.
    You're missing the point. It's not about quitting over one figure. These problems have been happening since the very beginning...over a year ago. And nothing is being done to fix the issues. It just finally effected me lol and i don't too kindly to being screwed over

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Now that TG has mentioned Trap-Jaw and Battle Cat are going into a second run and will be available "sooner than later" and in all the Q&A's posted today Mattel said they will be increasing production on figures as it's required, who's changed their minds on quitting the line?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    how many of the most loyal MOTUC fans (on here, and those not) did not get 2 of the figures today? a heck of alot more than there should have been that is for sure.

so, how do you make a point?

in the age of "now" mattel is hoping everything gets fixed by fans simply complaining on line, trying to call D.R... but after the heat rolls over, nothing, i repeat nothing will be done.

now, if as MANY people as possible on the .org decided to NOT purchase a figure. not a "passable" figure, but someone we really need and want. someone that people are genuinely looking forward to, and they know will "pay their bills and THEN some...." (believe me, they are getting some "and then somes//")

if everyone in here DID that. decided NOT to buy a figure. Imagine mossman being available for a month. sure there would be some on ebay, but for the most part, those prices WOULDNT be crazy high if the actual figure would be still available on the Matty site.

or if EVERYONE decided to buy it ONE WEEK later. to prove a point.

i know that people are going to dissmiss this thread, but if people ACTUALLY want their complaining to mean something, or they REALLY feel like they have been wronged, these are the only options. as hard as it might be to not buy something.

Your money talks. bull walks. (what we say selling cars lol.) but its true. I know toyguru is crowd control, but do you REALLY, HONESTLY tell me mattel cares when they see sell outs within 15 minutes? they dont. anyone in retail knows they dont. money talks.

This is why they want to push the subscription more and more. they are telling you "subscribe, so you wont have to deal with these problems...."

honestly? they want you do subscribe so that they HAVE YOUR MONEY and any complaining that you do with be without SOUND. that is the honest truth.

as a group, this forum is strong, has smart people, and have a large # of people backing it up.

so what are you going to do? (best christian bale newsies voice) are you just going to take what they give us, or are you going to strike!!!!!

but in all honesty, I would like to hear what people have in mind. something needs to be done. I am sick of hearing complains, and hearing "we can do nothing"

its too easy for mattel.

people happy about re-issues. do you really think they are doing REISSUES for the fans?!?!?! umm...... its to make MONEY.

if it was really for the fans, they would do it like oldschool mattel, like they did with MOTU in the 80s. make so many of them i can still buy them at garage sales and flea markets 20 years later. that toys of he-man will be around always. THAT would be for the fans. 80s mattel would have a website you can buy as many of these characters as you want to. for as long as you want to. 80's mattel would say screw retailers, and resellers. I want every 30 year old dad to have one battle cat, and one for each of his kids.

all in all, i will be totally honest in saying, "mattel is playing most of you like a fiddle...." and it is sad.

so many might subscribe for next year, to not deal with this problem that happened today. if there was no problem today, they might not have as many people commit to a full year. people would be thinking more along the lines of "i dont have to worry, i get through, its a simple process" (as it SHOULD be)

I definently am not crying conspiracy theory. but i believe mattel knows exactly what they are doing.

Heroic Warrior
    Now that TG has mentioned Trap-Jaw and Battle Cat are going into a second run and will be available "sooner than later" and in all the Q&A's posted today Mattel said they will be increasing production on figures as it's required
    Yeah... They told us this and promised us these kinds of things since the line began !

If Mattel won't up the production, then I'll help them out by being one less person that buys.

In all seriousness...with the All-In subscription ONLY deal for the 2011 sub.....instead of upping the production to meet the number of customers, I'm not going to buy it, and I can't buy a figure online when they sell out in less than an hour.

It still amazes me why Mattel only want money within an hour, and don't want to accept anymore after that?
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Now that TG has mentioned Trap-Jaw and Battle Cat are going into a second run and will be available "sooner than later" and in all the Q&A's posted today Mattel said they will be increasing production on figures as it's required, who's changed their minds on quitting the line?
    They've been reissuing figures for a while now...that still hasn't fixed any of the main problems. My minds made up

Well, I saw at least one guy liquidating his collection...if anyone's quitting, I'd love your reissue he-man...

Well, looking on the bright side, at least will be getting some cash from selling my complete line of 200x figures and all MOTUC up till now.

Matty states that the MOTUC line is for "adult collectors", hey don't they realise that adults have to work? Do they really think having this sale at this time isn't gonna disrupt peoples' schedule. Even then, it's like a lottery and whole hassle. You never know if you're gonna get it.

If they really wanted to have these for real collectors, why would Mattel make the limit of each to 10? C'mon let's be reasonable, wouldn't 2 or 3 be a more realistic number?

It really doesn't bother me that Mattel has decided to do a second run or whatever consolation, why?
    It doesn't change the whole fact of how they have handled this situation with they MOTUC line for over a year.
    The bottom line is that collecting MOTU, or anything else, should be something I would have FUN with. Not get annoyed or angry at, become more of a baine and chore. Not something so rediculous that it would disrupt my job timing, just cos they decided to release it in this way.
    Last edited by x2x3x2; February 16, 2010 at 07:04pm.

Actually I've been ready to call it quits and just for the record, I didn't even attempt to get any of the figures that were offered today.

My plan is to try and get Keldor and Marzo, then I'm done dealing with DR, Matty, the whole shootin' match.

I'll get both the upcoming MOTUC/DCUC comic two-packs and likely any figures that they offer at retail, but as Christian Bale said, "We're through, professionally, we're done." I think there's way too many problems with this line, from poor paint aps, missing accessories, double billing, no return policy, near instant sell out times, the hassles far outweigh the advantages, especially if there can be a retail way.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    I'll keep buying them, even tho I also had my fair share of issues in the past;
    - Missed out on King Grayskull (and don't want to pay $100+ on ebay)
    - Stratos had 2 left wings
    - My Faker never showed up
    - Missed out on ordering Hordak 1st release due to website glitch in the payment screen
    - Missed out on ordering Man-At-Arms AA 1st release due to website glitch in the payment screen
    - Missed out on Skeletor re-issue in December due to out of stock errors since the very first second he went on sale...
    - Waiting many times for around 30 minutes (including today) or more on RSOD or the new WSOD.

This line is just to great for me to give up on. The figures are so amazing and bring back fond childhood memories for me. I will try to support it as long as I can and plan to stick with it until the very end!!! Which would hopefully be many, many years from now after all the previous classic releases.
    I can't wait for many of the characters that still need a release.
    The ordering process is like uber frustrating, but looking at my collection makes me very happy so I deal with the bad once a month and be happy when I get them in the mail and add another one to my Eternia display!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Just a correction: you chose to sneak out of work, you didn't have to.
    No, Correction. I HAD to because I knew it would sell out while I'm still inside. So I had to leave the metting and get online to order my figures so I won't have to get them from ebay >$100 a peice. I'm a collector, get it? I have to collect my figures

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    I don't understand quitting a line over missing a figure, but ok. Everyone that wants to act that way, go for it.

When the 200X line was in stores I could hardly find anything. I didn't stop collecting. Sometimes you miss out on stuff. That's the way it goes. Some people need to stop acting like they are entitled to these figures.
    actually we are entitled to these figures. We give them our money, they give us our figures. see how that works?
    good for you for not stopping collecting. I'm happy for you.

yeah the 200x line was a pain in the ass to collect, since it was nearly impossible to find anything other than he-man & skeletor... which I'm sure deterred alot of people from collecting that line. If it weren't for online stores, they'd have been impossible to get.

Now Mattel is doing the same damn thing again... they don't make enough figures, so they sell out in less than an hour. I guess if they don't want people to collect these, and be able to get them that's their perogative. their loss. they only succeed in driving away alot of potential customers, and alot of money they would have made.

Myself, I'll continue to collect them. But not from the Mattel-hell site. aside from my 2010 sub., i won't buy anything from them, not worth the hassle. the line's been going for over a year now, and none of the problems with their web server have been fixed.

It's not a matter of being 'entitled' to something, or quitting the line over one figure; it's a matter of ordering something the moment it goes on sale, & finding it's sold out before you complete the ordering process. apparently it's been happening with nearly every figure they put out. If it was a one time thing, there wouldn't be nearly this many angry fans, I can guarrantee you that.
    Add to that the insane sale times they come up with... 12:00, on a weekday?? don't most people have jobs and are working during those hours? I thought that was a dumb idea from the beginning. and if you manage to get into the site, you have to sit through a RSOD & hope to be able to order their product...

It's a bunch of BS, and I don't blame anyone one damn bit for giving up on this line entirely. Mattel doesn't deserve our money, given the way they treat their consumers who put the bread on their table. read some of the answers fans got from customer service regarding their orders..... insane!! more than reason enough imo to boycott them forever.

Anyone else who's sick of Mattel-hell fiasco like I am, I'd say go to BBTS & pre-order the figures. They're a bit more in price but entirely hassle free. I'm going to continue collecting this line through them. I've been buying from there for years with no problems at any time.

needless to say, I won't be buying the subscription next year, even though it's all inclusive which is what I want. But after reading about other collectors getting their subs cancelled from out of the blue it makes me very hesitant to deal with Matty. why bother taking the chance? I'll take my business & money elsewhere.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

^^

that's even assuming they get their figures. What they do is have several accounts that order them when they go on sale...just like the rest of us...using the max amount of 10 per customer. If they don't get through, like we don't...they're screwed as well