Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why So Little Love From 2002 Fans For Chief Carnivus?

Why So Little Love From 2002 Fans For Chief Carnivus?

Why So Little Love From 2002 Fans For Chief Carnivus?

It seems every time there are wish lists for 2002-related toys in the MOTUC line, it's always for Marzo, Keldor, and 2002 designs of previously released characters. What do you people have against cool looking cat-men?

While I am definitely more of a vintage/Filmation fan, ever since the MYP episode that he premiered in first aired, I've wanted a toy made for him.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I want him.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

More of a vintige fan myself, but I'd love a Carnivus!

Now that Marzo and Faceless One have been confirmed, he's my top want for the next 200X character! Always loved that guy!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love one.

I like him. He's just not as high on my list as many other characters that originated from the 200X show.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I like him. He's just not as high on my list as many other characters that originated from the 200X show.
    Same here. After Marzo, it is Evilseed and Carnivus for me.

I'll be glad to get him.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    this would inevitably lead to Four Horsemen Thundercats begging, pleading, and eventual lamentation...
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

I want all 4 of the characters in picture 2, Carnivus and Dayctus are very high on my want list.
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

Faceless One & Evilseed and enough with 200X!!!
    Whats this- Lion king?Zoo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    What do you people have against cool looking cat-men?
    I have nothing against the character, and I hope he gets made. But admittedly I'm not a fan of humanoids with the heads and feet of animals and such. Like that 7th Kindgom line...Beautiful figures, but I don't like cat people, elephant people, etc.

I love cat-men, man. Instant purchase.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I have nothing against the character, and I hope he gets made. But admittedly I'm not a fan of humanoids with the heads and feet of animals and such. Like that 7th Kindgom line...Beautiful figures, but I don't like cat people, elephant people, etc.
    I hope you don't include Beast Man, Whiplash, Clawful, Buzz Off, or Mer-Man in that category.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I hope you don't include Beast Man, Whiplash, Clawful, Buzz Off, or Mer-Man in that category.
    I don't, because they aren't the same thing. Not to me, anyway.

Hey, I love the guy and want him very much!

Why doesn't everyone love him? I don't know. In this world, some people hate chocolate, others hate pizza. Just no accounting for taste (or lack thereof, in some cases, ahem).

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    He's just not that high a priority for me. I'd like to see Faceless One, Prahvus, Veena, Dactys, the Kulatak leader, Marlena, and Randor first.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I don't, because they aren't the same thing. Not to me, anyway.

this is hilarious..... talk about double standards... the motu characters are part man, part animal. Exactly the same concept as Thundercats, TMNT, 7th Kingdom, Stan Winstom Realm of the Claw, etc. how is it any different?

I guess it all depends on what you're used to I suppose. i just think it's funny to dislike one thing & like another when both are the same concept. it's like saying you hate chocolate, but love Snickers bars.

anyway, hell yeah... bring on Chief Carnivous. We need some cat representation, other than Battle Cat & Panthor. i find it odd though that Carnivous & his people are intellegent talking cats while Cringer/Battlecat & Panthor are more like 'beasts'... apparently not all the cats on Eternia evolved.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Movie mayhem!
    I would LOOOOOVE to have this guy as a figure!!!

He is on my top ten list of MYP Characters I want to see:

1) Evilseed
    2) Female Avion (Her name escapes me at this time)
    3) Snakeman Warrior
    4) Horde Trooper
    5) Chief Carnivus
    6) Eternian Royal Guard
    7) Snake Teela
    8) Sorceress
    9) Snake Armor He-Man
    10) Skeletor's Skeleton Warrior (Comic)

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    this is hilarious..... talk about double standards... the motu characters are part man, part animal. Exactly the same concept as Thundercats, TMNT, 7th Kingdom, Stan Winstom Realm of the Claw, etc. how is it any different?
    1. I don't like any of those things you mentioned
    2. They aren't 'part man, part animal', they are various species
    3. There's a big difference between a primate (beast man), an evolved lizard type (whiplash), and a cat guy. Something about cat guys I just don't like...sorry?

I really don't want to argue about this , I gave my reasons for not having cat-people burning up my wishlist, let's leave it at that. lol.

Widget
    I don't understand the desire for this character. He never DID anything, never spoke much...what's the appeal?

here's my breakdown of how badly i want particular figures:

tier 1: fearless photog. so dumb. so awesome. i want him.

tier 2: MYP-only characters. they never had figures, and they're so fresh in my mind that they just barely take precedence over unreleased MOTU/POP/NA characters.

tier 3: unreleased MOTU/POP/NA characters. i'll admit i never kept up with POP or NA as a kid, but i want the unreleased stuff to see the light of day. i'm all up for expanding the mythos.

tier 4: MOTU characters not updated in 200X. most of the guys we never saw were people i didn't have as a kid. and while a majority of them were clunkers in my opinion, there are a few that i do want to see.

tier 5: everything else. the stuff we've seen done time and time again are the ones i'm not worried about. that's not to say i don't want to see these guys - that's where the majority of my favorites are - i'm just not as worried if we don't get them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibot View Post
    anyway, hell yeah... bring on Chief Carnivous. We need some cat representation, other than Battle Cat & Panthor. i find it odd though that Carnivous & his people are intellegent talking cats while Cringer/Battlecat & Panthor are more like 'beasts'... apparently not all the cats on Eternia evolved.
    It's like Goofy & Pluto all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Prime View Post
    I don't understand the desire for this character. He never DID anything, never spoke much...what's the appeal?
    You could say the same thing about Panthor but he's wanted so much, there are debates on how he should look.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 16, 2010 at 07:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

You could say the same thing about Panthor but he's wanted so much, there are debates on how he should look.
    Hey, you could say the same for Scare Glow, probably even moreso. To me, the appeal is an interesting character design that would probably be transfered really well into action figure form by the 4H.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand