Toyguru has once again provided answers to your questions.
Thanks again to him for taking the time to answer these!
Check out his answers to your Round 31 questions!
This round of questions were selected by MossMan710179,
and proofed against old Q&As by Uncle Montork.
Thanks to them for their help!
1. zodak74: For characters that feature capes, discs, wings, etc. that will presumably be made of a stiff unyielding plastic, could Mattel design these so that they are removable from the figure's back to maximize posability, or will they be permanently attached like capes on previous MOTUC figures?
There is no universal rule used to determine tthis. Bill Benecke and the Four Horsemen discuss this on a figure-by-figure basis.
2. King Tycho & King Kahn: Could Mattel offer 6-month subscriptions (which would help for those who missed out on 12-month subscriptions) and/or a lump sum payment for subscriptions, as opposed to payments spread across the year?
No, 2010 subscriptions are closed. Make sure to jump in on the 2011 subscription when it is offered this summer! We did offer a lump sum subscription in 2009 and very few fans were interested so we removed that option for 2010.
3. sailoruranus: Thank you for fixing Skeletor's hand on the reissue. But Skeletor's loin cloth is still made of that very hard, unforgiving material. Could this be fixed for future Skeletor figures or reissues? The figure can't even be posed in a seated position without ripping the material.
You’ll find that much like Battle Cat and He-Man when, and if, we do a ride for Skeletor he will fit perfectly in the saddle. We’ll look at ensuring the softer plastic is used on the loin cloths as much as possible.
4. robaczek: Why not make a figure available for presale right up until it goes into production, then produce enough figures to satisfy presales (for non-subscribers) + subscription sales + a slight bump for any fans who may come along on the release date? Wouldn't this help give you more accurate production numbers when the figures are released 6 or 7 months later, while helping to avoid a lot of fans missing out on the figures who then have to wait upwards of a year for a possible re-release?
This is just not the way the line is set up to work. Production issues and delays can often change which figure is being offered from the original plan and we often do not know which figure is for which month until very close to the sale date. It is much easier from a logistical standpoint to offer a full year subscription as a pre-sale option that guarantees one figure a month without being specific on who that figure is.
5. Snake Hunter: Apart from Wun-Dar and the Eternian Map, when will we know more about the additional subscription surprises that were promised?
Subscribers were offered free shipping on one Battle Cat. There may be other similar offers later in 2010 for subscribers only.