Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Heart of the Swarm expansion)

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Heart of the Swarm expansion)

The sequel of one of the best games in the late 90's is almost here!

I'm very excited. This game sucked the life out of me back then....

Anybody here got selected to test the beta?
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Never thought I would see it in my lifetime

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Never thought I would see it in my lifetime
    You're right.

I've been following this for 3 years, I think they in development or might be in final development. I'm gonna buy this original game.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I played it at Blizzcon. I should be in the Beta. I bought the WoW XPS Laptop and I get 5 free beta keys. I'm pretty sure it works for all blizz products, not just WoW. I checked last night and they said for those with other promotions they will email me a code. They did the same with Wrath of the Lich King, just wasn't immediate.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Personally, i would've loved to try out 'Starcraft Ghost', but that one got scrapped.

I have a massive amount of love for Starcraft (and the expansion pack) of course Warcraft I and II were good (didn't much care for III though.)

I was pleasently suprised the requirements for the beta at least are well within normal people computer standards.

Then again Blizzard has always been good about making engines that dont require a ridulously powered or current machine to play their games.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    Has anyone bought the game yet?
    Any comments / thoughts?
    "Milk is for babies" - Arnold Schwarzenneger

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    Any comments / thoughts?
    I'm going to buy it very soon. Can't wait for this one. I don't care about not having LAN capability or the other common gripes. I spent the majority of my freshman year in college addicted to Starcraft 1, so I hope I can have just as much fun with Starcraft 2. If my wife lets me, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk Man View Post
    Any comments / thoughts?
    I got it on launch day, been playing it ever since. The story is great (but not as solid as the 1st), and I really like the diversity of the single player

Most everyone I know is playing multi but I am in it for the single player right now

The game is really scaleable, I am playing it on my 2008 Macbook (using Windows XP via Boot Camp because the OS X Video drivers are not optimized so I get almost double the performance using updated drivers on Windows) using mostly Medium settings (so the game all around is on par with say an Xbox 360 release)

Even on Low the game looks great (missions look like PS2 and the in game Cinematics look like PS2)

There is a handful of pre-rendered CGI story parts, but most of the in game cinematics/story are all engine rendered which means if you have the equipment for it all the in between stuff like upgrading and talking to people on your ship are in the quality of the trailers which is VERY impressive.

I got the CE which is totally worth it for the art book, comic book, starcraft anthology on a USB drive shaped like Raynors dog tag and a behind the scenes DVD.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I got the Collectors Edition on Wed, but I have only had a chance to play it for a couple hours since my computer is being held hostage for a few days at the Genius Bar. It's quite good so far.

I'm probably buying it next week....what excuse should I give my wife for the long hours in front of the computer? "Hey, I'm checking the org!" LOL....
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I got the CE which is totally worth it for the art book, comic book, starcraft anthology on a USB drive shaped like Raynors dog tag and a behind the scenes DVD.
    Don't forget the WoW in-game pet

I've had a lot going on so I haven't played it too much but so far I'm very impressed with story mode.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Don't forget the WoW in-game pet

I've had a lot going on so I haven't played it too much but so far I'm very impressed with story mode.
    I am about 1/3 of the way done and I really like the narrative and way its constructed

I have heard complaints its very 90's and like the "old school" of PC games but I think thats exactly why its been so highly anticipated.

Along the way between 1998-2010 PC gaming has lost something imho, with the advent of console gaming making the most $$$ (WoW aside) a lot of developers seem to think high end graphics = win and it does not.

Just brought it last week, and Loving it. =)
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    It is a lot of fun. I never got into the multiplayer, but I love the campaign. I've probably done it three times at least. I try for the achievements more than anything now.

I'm still mad they released it just before WoW Cataclysm (in other words I haven't played it as much as I would like)

Too bad the multiplayer are only on regional section. It feels worthless to buy nearly 250 MYR or 85 USD and couldn't play with other people from around the world.

Finally finished the game, I like the final mission except for failing on the first time. Glad I knocked out the air support on the previous mission and banshees flame up the Nydus Worm. I don't really care about Achievement now but all I'm looking forward is to play Multiplayer with other, but as my previous post said: you only can play with your region friends instead of playing with anyone in the whole world. Except for my Australian buddies (If you're interested).
    Last edited by Fendi; April 21, 2011 at 05:02am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I should have mentioned the save feature is a little annoying. I don't remember exactly, but if you don't have any save points before the final mission you can't go back to the lab or something like that. Really ticked me off the first time I played it.

Doha, Qatar, Arabian Gulf ... clearly no where near the US of A ... in case you were curious... not suggesting at all that your geography skills are bad... I'm just saying... anywho...
    I should have mentioned the save feature is a little annoying. I don't remember exactly, but if you don't have any save points before the final mission you can't go back to the lab or something like that. Really ticked me off the first time I played it.
    I think the final mission's set up that way... you're not supposed to be able to go back to the Lab.

It is a great game

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I've been tempted by this. I LOVED StarCraft and the expansion pack! Kerrigan all the way!

I was never big on PC games and almost only play platform games, but StarCraft was my mistress.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

You should upgrade all the research before going to Char. I'm sure that there will be no credit or research on the final mission.

Edit: Also the save feature is some sort of Fallout 3 system as you might load back if you made a grave mistake or strategy on your current mission. Like Fallout 3 you can go through all the autosave if you miss something on the mission.
    Last edited by Fendi; April 22, 2011 at 08:50am.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    The expansion preview page is up. Heart of the Swarm.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/hea...swarm-preview/

(Also edited title of thread)

The expansion preview page is up. Heart of the Swarm.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/hea...swarm-preview/

(Also edited title of thread)
    From what I've seen and heard she's still a bad girl, Well.... Zergs need a sniper unit.

and I've seen the gameplay footage. It is look promising as she is trying to redeem herself from the destruction and her past life from being a killing machine!
    http://gamerant.com/starcraft-ii-hea...-art-ic-87696/
    Last edited by Fendi; June 2, 2011 at 01:38pm.

I thought it was more along the lines of her days as the Queen of Blades

The story lifted off after the Battle of Char, or the last campaign on Terran mission! As Kerrigan continue to evolve the zerg despite her change of appearance as a human!