Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powers of Grayskull Large Scale Beasts thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Powers of Grayskull Large Scale Beasts thread

I'd love to have He-Man riding Turbodactyl. And King Hiss would need his ride. With large scale beasts, these figures could become a reality.

Gigantosaurus would be crazy expensive for a 6" inch line though.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 18, 2010 at 03:13pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

My Man, I will champion this thread and cause to the very end. I wants me some dinos bad!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I have all the vintage dinosaurs and I want new ones, but there are problems. For example I cant sit Hero in Turbodactyl because of the rigid cape. I dont want to display him without cape...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I have all the vintage dinosaurs and I want new ones, but there are problems. For example I cant sit Hero in Turbodactyl because of the rigid cape. I dont want to display him without cape...
    He-Ro would fit on Turbodactyl like King Grayskull fits on Battle Cat. The cape looks as if it's flowing in the wind.

I've never liked this line.
    Cool idea having PreEternia but how in the name of arse did earth based dinosaurs evolve on Eternia???
    Lets not forget Eternia has already plenty of big beasts, I don't see a need for dinosaurs in MOTU outside of Mattel cashing in on a fad.

Big beasts are cool but dinosaurs on Eternia was a daft idea I think.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Cool idea having PreEternia but how in the name of arse did earth based dinosaurs evolve on Eternia???
    Lets not forget Eternia has already plenty of big beasts, I don't see a need for dinosaurs in MOTU outside of Mattel cashing in on a fad.

Geez Eamon, I guess I can't ring you up for that Tyrantisaur commission

The same way Eternia has tigers, panthers, lions, sabretoothed tigers, falcons, apes and snakes. Etheria even has horses AND lions.

I like the dinosaurs. They add a primal fantasy art element on Eternia. Like so much fantasy art that have pterodactyls in the distance or the odd tyrannosaurus rex about to devour tribes people.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 18, 2010 at 03:15pm.

And people!

I think these would be awesome additions to the line!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Exactly right about the primal fantasy elements the dinosaurs add. Tytus's bio really brings up some points and gives me hope that we see these beasts. I have always found it oddly intriguing they are from PreEternia, but yet have lasers and cybernetic parts to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    Geez Eamon, I guess I can't ring you up for that Tyrantisaur commission
    Hey, I draw a pretty good She-Ra and her and I don't see eye to eye one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The same way Eternia has tigers, panthers, lions, sabretoothed tigers, falcons, apes and snakes. Etheria even has horses AND lions.
    Fair point! But none of those animal have great big holes on there backs where their spine is supposed to be.
    I would hope that the new ones wouldn't be so silly in their designs.

But actually, yes! That is a very good point.
    www.eamonart.com

The sky might be the limit on ambition for this line but I think if we can't get a Castle out of Matty because of the price point a honking great Tyrantisaur or the like are probably not in the cards - and I like Dinos too.......

Not so keen about dinosaurs. I have vintage ones and those are enough for me.

I like He-ro, Tytus, Megator and I hope Eldor will be on Motuc aswell, but no dinosaurs. Plus this line is quite expensive already, so many things to buy per month.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I don't see a need for dinosaurs in MOTU outside of Mattel cashing in on a fad.
    Dinosaurs are not a fad!!!

Bill :: guitargod694

But none of those animal have great big holes on there backs where their spine is supposed to be.
    I would hope that the new ones wouldn't be so silly in their designs.
    To be fair, the Tyrantosaurus is a purple cyborg T-Rex with inaccurate (to Earth) posture. I think his spine is wherever it needs to be under those circumstances. Though in the minicomic, there was no chair in his back.

Hey, I draw a pretty good She-Ra and her and I don't see eye to eye one bit.
    Well see, there's your problem, look up! Eyes are in the face!

I'd love to see two represented in the line, now that we have the rotocast thing going it seems possible.

I really hope they keep them looking like old school dino's tho like in the picture. I know thats "dated" looking now days, but when i had dinosaur toys as a kid they were all like that, and thats what i have nostagia for even if it's innaccurate.

They'd be cool to have for the people who want them. I'd probably skip them, though I have fond memories of them as a kid.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'd prefer anyone else in that group picture over the dinosaurs. Ever Gwildor (and I really really hate Gwildor!)

Thing is besides some tiny tech details they are just dinosaurs, nothing really to make them cool or MOTU-like.

I love to see all of them made... Summon the steeds.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The Powers of Grayskull Dinosaurs are totally awesome and fit right in with MOTUC!
    In order to do it right tho, they have to make the Dino's HUGE to look right in scale with the 7" figures. Like 21" at the very least for the T-Rex!
    Remember they made Tytus 4" smaller than the original toy?
    Because of that, I actually don't have much faith in it. Besides I think the huge toys would cost too much for most average collectors.
    On the other hand, if they do it right scale and detailed wise, there is a huge fanbase of Dinosaur collectors out there.

I also really love the Jurassic Park dino's from the first 2 movies (Jurassic Park & JPII: The Lost World)!
    They are incredibly detailed and are pretty tall already.
    Just not big enough for the MOTUC 7" figures to look exactly right scale wise.
    But to me it's the best Dino fix I can get detailed and size wise!
    Safari LTD. has some very nice detailed dino's as well. I got a 14.5" Brachiosaurus from that line which Jurassic Park unfortunately never had.
    For now, my JP & Safari Dino's are the ones that are in my Eternia Universe

If we ever get the POG MOTUC Dino's, they have to be;
    - taller as the Jurassic Park Dino Toys
    - at least as detailed as the Jurassic Park Dino Toys
    If not, I wouldn't be interested at all.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogster View Post
    I have always found it oddly intriguing they are from PreEternia, but yet have lasers and cybernetic parts to them.
    What I find odd is that i see a lot of people say that. On Eternia ancient technology is more advanced then modern inventions. The only time that wasn't true was in the 200x line.

Fad? What child doesn't love dinos? Cyborg Dinos are even cooler, go ahead ask any 4 year old if he likes that idea.
    Who said they evolved on Eternia? Have you read the series bible? The CoE had space/time warps, the same ones we saw used in filmations series. Don't forget Gwildor's Cosmc Key had the same ability...
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Who said they evolved on Eternia? Have you read the series bible? The CoE had space/time warps, the same ones we saw used in filmations series. Don't forget Gwildor's Cosmc Key had the same ability...

Interesting slant... maybe they disappeared from Earth because they were brought to Eternia as slave labor for someone/thing, and then freed by the heroic Giants?
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yeah, I'll pass on the whole dino's thing as well. Maybe one or two, but to infest the line with that, takes MOTU into a different direction for me. I'd rather see some more contemporary animals, than to see MOTU become "The Dino Riders".

Ok maybe fad was wrong word. But Dinosuars were just starting to get super popular round that time.

If it were done well and they made sence ie. no great big holes where a spine is supposed to be, then sure, why not.
    www.eamonart.com

I could see the smaller dinosaurs being made…Tyrantisauris, Bionotops, Turbodactyl…but not Gigantosaurus. That thing would be insanely expensive. And, if we were going to get something that big I'd rather it be Castle Grayskull. I think the only dinosaur from PoG that I had as a kid was Turbodactyl. It was pretty cool!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd REALLY like to see Tyrantisaurus Rex, Bionatops, Turbodactyl AND the huge and royal Gigantisaur in this line !!!

Also, I'd like a Serpos.

These would be awesome ! I always liked the Preternia and Powers of Grayskull lines, and I really wanted to know what was in the 2nd and 3rd parts of the comic book linked to them !

BRING ON THESE GREAT ITEMS, PLEASE !