Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Powers of Grayskull Large Scale Beasts thread

I'm all for the dinos being made sooner than later. They were always one of my favorite parts of MOTU and I can still remember the day when I stumbled upon Tyrantisaurus Rex, I thought he was the coolest MOTU toy ever.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, Lodar, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Granita, Teela, Hordak head, Dylamug, Twiggets, Trollans, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I can still remember the day when I stumbled upon Tyrantisaurus Rex, I thought he was the coolest MOTU toy ever.
    I can see we share the same kinds of fond childhood memories ! It was just the same for me ! I saw Tytantisaurus in a toy catalogue first. But when I saw him and got him, I was in Heaven !

Dinosaurs and dragons are part of kids' imagination, and certainly part of fantasy... Just like knights, barbarians, sorcerers, warriors, giants, dwarves, elves, ET's, robots etc. They are great monsters or mounts for the line, just like Gygor, Battlecat, Swift Wind or Panthor !

By the way, speaking about dinosaurs, there's ANOTHER dinosaur we forgot to mention : Battle Raptor, from the 200x line ! I think he might also be made as a cool MOTUC dino ! And he's ALSO partially cyborg, so he'd fit perfectly with the rest !

So, it's possible we'd have :

- Tyrantisaurus Rex
    - Gigantisaur
    - Bionatops
    - Turbodactyl
    - Battle Raptor

WOW ! This would totally ROCK !!!

Yo I have never seen nor heard of Gigantisaur but he is AWESOME!! He must be made. I want all the dinos, but I can wait. After all we need some Snake Men first right?

I always love these cyborg dinos and the concept of POG (He-Ro vs. Snakemen army in its prime). To me, the idea of Preternia dinos is actually a neat way to connect Battle Bones to the world of MOTU (Battle Bones looks more like a giant lizard than a dragon).

Personally I'd love to see them all down the line, but I'd like to see Turbodactyl first. Maybe Mattel can make Turbodactyl's mechanical parts as removable armor parts, much like Battle Cat or Man-At-Arms. That way Mattel can later release a purple/blue version of Turbodactyl. And we can just remove its armor parts to accurately create Pterodactyl, Skeletor's ride in the mini-comics "the Legend Begins". Well, they probably will need to come up with a new name for this evil beast.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I've never liked this line.
    Cool idea having PreEternia but how in the name of arse did earth based dinosaurs evolve on Eternia???
    Lets not forget Eternia has already plenty of big beasts, I don't see a need for dinosaurs in MOTU outside of Mattel cashing in on a fad.

Big beasts are cool but dinosaurs on Eternia was a daft idea I think.

my thoughts exactly. dinos have been way over done in several other cartoons & toylines in the past. dragons & wvyms are more mythological.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    By the way, speaking about dinosaurs, there's ANOTHER dinosaur we forgot to mention : Battle Raptor, from the 200x line ! I think he might also be made as a cool MOTUC dino ! And he's ALSO partially cyborg, so he'd fit perfectly with the rest !
    I love battle raptor, and feel he'd be suited for those. Heck, in the 200X line, I had Kobra Khan riding him because he looked more like a Snakemen mount
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    Dinosaurs and dragons are part of kids' imagination, and certainly part of fantasy...
    Now your talking! Bring on some DRAGONS!!

Man, MOTU has some of the very best Dragon designs, stories, and names in all of fantasydom! I would kill for some of those to be made into MOTUC toys...... "Battle for Eternia: Granamyr, Wisest of All Dragons"
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    We have a line including barbarians, cyborgs, talking tigers, space cowboys, and a guy who wears a metal elephant mask, and some folks are having problems with including dinosaurs?

Kids love dinos, and we were talking about pre-Eternia at the time. Ancient=dinosaurs in someone's mind at Mattel (and keep in mnid, dragons hadn't exactly burned up the toy shelves at the time in some other lines).

Me, I'd love to see these, although the old "re-use or die" dogma makes me wonder about the possibilities as far as the new tooling required goes. Although a smart bunch of folks would see a re-use with the DC license, as the old Silver Age idea of Dinosaur Island recently showed up on Brave & the Bold. I could see a nice retailer exclusive with a DC hero facing off against a rampaging dino in each package...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

i want them all!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Dinosaurs are not a fad!!!
    oh yeah? then why aren't there any around anymore? all fads die out
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Now your talking! Bring on some DRAGONS!!

Man, MOTU has some of the very best Dragon designs, stories, and names in all of fantasydom! I would kill for some of those to be made into MOTUC toys...... "Battle for Eternia: Granamyr, Wisest of All Dragons"
    Exactly. This is supposed to be a sword/fantasy genre, but where are the dragons? I can't believe we're even talking about dino's here, when dragons should be the main topic.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Heroic Warrior
    I say Yes!!!! to any and all PoG that we can get in MOTUC!

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

Yeah, PoG kicks ass!
    Awesome sticker included!

I'm in for the dinos too, but hopefully, after a few other scaled beasts (and vehicles) come out

I would love to see all of these dinosaur characters included in the line eventually, but I'm most keen on the Turbodactyl andTyrantisaurus Rex!

(Posting from the Apple store at the mall!)
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Sorry ... not interested in PoG large-scale dinosaurs at all.

I'm actually not very interested in most of the large-scale beasts outside of Battle Cat and Panthor (and possibly Stridor and Swift-Wind), but I seem to be in the minority there.

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar

Gigantisaur & POG MOTUC MUST Make Thread!

We got Eldor & He-Ro we NEED these guys as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post

We got Eldor & He-Ro we NEED these guys as well...

Yeah right, you betcha . Those would be terrific but realistically speaking almost impossible to make at the moment unless you ask to some 3rd party of learn how to customize your figures
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I feel that I am a real fan of all that is Masters of the Universe, meteorbs, dwarves, giants, robots, beasts, castles, and dinosaurs. I would love all these mighty donor to be included in classics.
    Some one asked why the dinosaurs had mechanical parts and lasers protruding from their spines and what not. It was because He-ro ended up there with the technovirus which infected most creatures on eternia.
    Last edited by mikerobertschamp; December 7, 2017 at 03:18am. Reason: Added information
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

I feel like Gigantisaur looks like such a generic apatosaurus type dinosaur that any large dinosaur toy would work as a stand-in. I mean it wouldn't have the internal stuff, but it would work as a display piece.

I think Turbodactyl would be awesome to have. Hopefully we will get to see some of these beasts in the line.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I think Turbodactyl would be awesome to have. Hopefully we will get to see some of these beasts in the line.
    Turbodactyl was the only one I had as a kid. It was fantastic. Bring it on Super7!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!