Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NA fans, Mattel just killed NA IMHO

NA fans, Mattel just killed NA IMHO

I hate Optikk`s bio, I`m not gonna hide or try to pretend that I like it because I hate that they took the canon we know and love and changed it to the present. That in itself takes a whole lot out of the entire series. NA basically revolves around the fact that it is set in the future. Is this a way to sneak a NA Prince Adam in? If it is I don`t want it! Why couldn`t NA take place in the fututre and Skeletor comes back to Eternia`s present to defeat Hordak? What if they took Etheria out of PoP I don`t think true fans of that series would like it one bit! It`s only 1 bio with lots to follow, maybe you could write the rest to reflect the fact they are in the future or something. This isn`t right to say your adding all canons together into 1 cohesive universe and yet your alienating all the NA fans. I know there are gonna be a bunch of "NA sucks anyway" comments and that`s not what this thread is about, it`s about support to try and get our canon back on track. For the record I love the figure but the canon they are re writing just sucks IMO. Who`s with me? maybe we could get a bio revision or something

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    It is still in the future. Is it upsetting that He-Man and Skeletor didn't have to time travel to get there?
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

Only 4 more that need updating:

Saurod, Blast Attak
    Dragstor, Multi-Bot

You've got to be kidding me? So much to complain about, so little time!

For me, the excitement about MOTUC started fizzling whenever I re-joined .org only to find that everyone can AND will find something to complain about ALL the time.

Sorry man, I'm a big fan of NA, but the future thing always felt uneeded to me. Why does any of that need to take place in the future? It's Masters of the Universe; just leave the planet and start getting into that Universe. I think this is a great little change. It gets rid of one little thing but keeps most of it the same. To me, anyway.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

While its is disappointing, this is the first NA bio we have seen. We have no idea were its gonna go. So far I have liked the direction the bios have been leading.

killin teh lien!
    Want List: Mosquitor Staction, He-Ro, Orko + Adam, Keldor, Battle Armor He-Man
    Trader Feedback

I'm okay with it.

It would have been nice to keep the future angle, but I can live without it.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Heroic Warrior
    He was always going to be part of Skelly's normal crew in my Motuverse anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sKareGlo View Post

For me, the excitement about MOTUC started fizzling whenever I re-joined .org only to find that everyone can AND will find something to complain about ALL the time.
    Well when they cater to PoP fans and 200X fans, but when it comes to NA we get a revised canon? I don`t like it one bit and as a fan of that particular incarnation of MOTU I feel it`s a step in wrong direction. Not everyone is gonna like whats in all the bio`s, but if it`s not set in the future, Hydron and Flipshot do not go to eternia, which messes up the inaugural happenings of the series in both the comics and the toon, and most events that follow. They are supposed to be adding things not omitting them

Quote Originally Posted by sKareGlo View Post

Amen!!!! the bio is great. It ties in better now with the mythos.....do you honestly think he_man would leave eternia and go to the future when the threat of hordak and the snake men are still around? That was beleiveable when we were kids...but were adults now, the bio makes sence....

I actually would like a NA Price Adam. I've always dug that Greek look to him. Visually I liked that Adam the most. Any of those NA would be fine with me. Cannon gets changed all the time in almost every successful franchise at one time or another. Not saying that I like it but I've gotten used to it.

Heroic Warrior
    In my opinion, we are lucky to get any NA figures. NA was never particularly successful line, many people don't include it in their personal "he man" experience because it came a little later and by the time it aired all the 80's he man kids had grown up a little. So in retrospect, you get figures based on a very dead line, which is amazing, this just doesn't happen -think of all the Thundercats fans, who have no new toyline for decades, and Thundercats is a huge (and poorly dealt with) franchise.
    So count yourself lucky you will get the figures, and ignore the bio. man, its just moan, groan, whinge and bleat on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by iorek View Post
    In my opinion, we are lucky to get any NA figures. NA was never particularly successful line, many people don't include it in their personal "he man" experience because it came a little later and by the time it aired all the 80's he man kids had grown up a little. So in retrospect, you get figures based on a very dead line, which is amazing, this just doesn't happen -think of all the Thundercats fans, who have no new toyline for decades, and Thundercats is a huge (and poorly dealt with) franchise.
    So count yourself lucky you will get the figures, and ignore the bio. man, its just moan, groan, whinge and bleat on this forum!
    Lucky? I think not! It has been said since King Grayskull was sold that ALL incarnations would be included in MOTUC including NA and PoP, so I`m just as lucky as YOU are to get any MOTU at all

Heroic Warrior
    whatever man, its your gripe, i could care less!

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Well when they cater to PoP fans and 200X fans, but when it comes to NA we get a revised canon? I don`t like it one bit and as a fan of that particular incarnation of MOTU I feel it`s a step in wrong direction. Not everyone is gonna like whats in all the bio`s, but if it`s not set in the future, Hydron and Flipshot do not go to eternia, which messes up the inaugural happenings of the series in both the comics and the toon, and most events that follow. They are supposed to be adding things not omitting them
    Forget the bio...it's really insignificant. I'm just glad they made this guy. By the time NA came out I was out of my MOTU phase so I don't know much about NA. All I do know is that I love this figure and can't wait to get my hands on him.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-hero View Post
    He was always going to be part of Skelly's normal crew in my Motuverse anyway.
    Exactly how I feel also!

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, the story developped by Mattel in the bios cannot hurt my feelings.

Once you have your figures, YOU make your OWN story/stories !

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hate Optikk`s bio, I`m not gonna hide or try to pretend that I like it because I hate that they took the canon we know and love and changed it to the present. That in itself takes a whole lot out of the entire series. NA basically revolves around the fact that it is set in the future. Is this a way to sneak a NA Prince Adam in? If it is I don`t want it! Why couldn`t NA take place in the fututre and Skeletor comes back to Eternia`s present to defeat Hordak? What if they took Etheria out of PoP I don`t think true fans of that series would like it one bit! It`s only 1 bio with lots to follow, maybe you could write the rest to reflect the fact they are in the future or something. This isn`t right to say your adding all canons together into 1 cohesive universe and yet your alienating all the NA fans. I know there are gonna be a bunch of "NA sucks anyway" comments and that`s not what this thread is about, it`s about support to try and get our canon back on track. For the record I love the figure but the canon they are re writing just sucks IMO. Who`s with me? maybe we could get a bio revision or something
    Now it's your turn to complain about something. Remember our conversation a few months ago?

I don't think this will have much resistance from fans. Fans WANT NA to be closer to MOTU. In the past, without He-Man and Skeletor, NA might as well have been some other property. Optikk sharing parts with Roboto and MAN-E-Faces makes him familiar, instead of from somewhere else and NA taking place in the present just means that characters from NA and MOTU can interact with each other much easier.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Well when they cater to PoP fans and 200X fans, but when it comes to NA we get a revised canon?
    Right now you can find a fix She-Ra thread where some PoP fans are feeling slighted as well. And it's been well documented how the 200x fans feel (where's max when you need him?).

Edit: LOL, asked where's max and he posted right before me!

The bio's really don't change my opinion on these figures at all. They could be absolutely horrible and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. As long as the figure is good then I am good!

Movie mayhem!
    IDK... maybe skeletor travels into the future to recruit them... maybe some of them don't exist yet. lol

I will reserve judgement until we see NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Slushead and some other NA figures bio's before thinking they killed or did any damage to NA.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    I just ignore the Bios myself.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They ARE catering to NA fans. NA fans want NA to be more part of MOTU than it has been.

For all we know, Hydron and Flipshot could still come from Primus, because the Mutants stepped up their attacks on Primus because they're now being led by Skeletor. The difference is now He-Man is probably a space flight away, instead of in another time for months or years.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Just my opinion, as I haven't taken any Gallup or straw polls, but I don't think a lot of old skool MOTU fans held NA in a lot of regard before anyway. I knew almost nothing about it and didn't want to know, but some of you darn NA fans are so persistent and between Pixel Dan's reviews, it grew as something intriguing at least to me anyway, though I do find the cartoon, animation, et al unwatchable.

I have to agree with MegaGear Max's point that the new bio and Optikk's parts ground Optikk and NA in general in the MOTU we all know and love, and I don't think that's a bad thing.