Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of NA in MOTUC now?

A big fan of Slush Head

What do you think of NA in MOTUC now?

Now that we have seen Optikk finished and his bio have you changed your mind about NA characters in MOTUC?

I really want to know. What do you think of NA so far?
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Where's Slush Head???
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

The cynic in me thinks they're just releasing filler to keep stringing their captive subscribers along while they hold the popular figures ransom for the next couple of years.

The optimist thinks Optikk (sp?) looks pretty cool, but would still prefer a freakin' Spikor already.

I never even saw NA on the air as a kid, and the only figure we ever saw in stores was a Skeletor. It's not like it was before my time either, but it did not seem popular at all in our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Auros View Post
    The cynic in me thinks they're just releasing filler to keep stringing their captive subscribers along while they hold the popular figures ransom for the next couple of years.

The optimist thinks Optikk (sp?) looks pretty cool, but would still prefer a freakin' Spikor already.

I never even saw NA on the air as a kid, and the only figure we ever saw in stores was a Skeletor. It's not like it was before my time either, but it did not seem popular at all in our area.
    I said this in another thread, but yes, that is what they are doing, although not with such sinister intentions. If they release every main character right now, the line will probably die off before they can get to many NA figures.

I dunno, I think it's pretty sinister that this is also the reason they refuse to do preorders instead of the all-in subscription model.

My opinion of NA in MotUC today is improved slightly.

I know the bios are what we make 'em. But I do quite like this one.

I liked NA being in MotuC before just fine, I had no issues with it. I like it a little better today.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I was never a real big NA fan, but have liked the idea of NA characters in the Classics line since it was first announced. Now that we've seen Optikk, I'm even more excited about future ones, yet still not a traditional NA fan.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    My opinion of NA in MotUC today is improved slightly.

I know the bios are what we make 'em. But I do quite like this one.

I liked NA being in MotuC before just fine, I had no issues with it. I like it a little better today.
    This exactly

I actually like how they have incorporated Optikk's bio in to MOTUC. It gives a great view of things to come, with Skeletor beating Hordak and trying to take over the Horde

I am really ticked that they actually did away with the idea of the future. So we may not see NA He-man and Skeley down the line.

On the other hand, I do like the idea that they are all in the now.

But on the other foot. I liked my idea with Gwildor and the Cosmic Key.

But I hate that hideous sticker.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Now that we have seen Optikk finished and his bio have you changed your mind about NA characters in MOTUC?

I really want to know. What do you think of NA so far?
    Pretty much the same for me. However I do have the NA DVD boxsets on the way to me soon so that may change my view once I've watched some episodes. Watch this space.........
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

What happened there 3 of the same post ........ WEIRD!
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by brianatarms View Post
    What happened there 3 of the same post ........ WEIRD!
    I had the same thing so I went ahead and deleted 2 of them

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Optikk's bio has made me more interested in NA figures now! No doubt. I didn't like the future thing very much. I mean, it seems it's still in the future but not like "distant" future.

I can't wait to see Man At Arms fighting along side Flipshot! It's great to incorporate the two lines. I didn't like how NA just threw that history and all those characters away for something new and different.

I LOVE IT!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    YES!

I'm totally sold on the idea now,
    Optikk's bio is freaking fierce..!

I surrender!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

The bio, while great, really didn't sway me on my opinion of NA in MOTC.

My main concern has always been that as long as the figures look cool I'd be happy. Optikk looks great IMO so I'm happy.

Heroic Warrior GRAYSKULLS-FURY!'s Avatar
    Dont care. NA bites the big one. You all can have those figures, Ill be staying far away from them!
    More money in my pocket for some worth while figures

I may have to break out my NA DVD's and try to watch them again. I have tried a few times to get into the show, but it just has not clicked for me yet. But I have always been interested in the new figs though.

I don't like the bio saying Skeletor defeated Hordak and set his sites to conquer the Horde empire. Hordak would wipe the floor with bone head.
    Once you kill the cow, you gotta make a burger
    Positive Trade with : Thehorde,

I love how they are using NA in MOTUC, I think it is working nicely and I await any other NA figures we can possibly get to broaden the story

I am really ticked that they actually did away with the idea of the future. So we may not see NA He-man and Skeley down the line.

On the other hand, I do like the idea that they are all in the now.

But on the other foot. I liked my idea with Gwildor and the Cosmic Key.

But I hate that hideous sticker.
    Still waiting for someone here to give me a reasonable explanation about how the Optikk bio negates the "future" and somehow renders NA He-Man and NA Skeletor unusable??

Not trying to be sarcastic but I just do not see it all, the bio in no way implies anything of the sort
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I think Optikk is a decent character, with a great figure design, bio, and packaging. I prefer them being "in space" as well, rather than "the future".
    But it's just not for me. It might as well be from another toyline. I'm glad to see it though, as I think all eras should be present in motuc.
    For what it's worth though I still think it's infinitely better than that PoG stuff. Men walking with dinosaurs? Techno-dinosaurs?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love this Optikk and his bio, I loved the cartoon and the original toys (though I don't have many of them).

We have to wait to see what NA He-Man or Skeletor's bio will say. There is nothing in Optikk's bio that says he ISN'T from the future.When we get NA Skeletor, it very well could say:

"During the battle with Hordak, Gwildor used the cosmic key to open a portal that transported them into the future on a planet called Primus."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The bios make no difference to me at all, I'm all-inclusive and Optikk is just as welcome now as he was before. I appreciate that it looks like they're using lots of the NA names--Primus is still Primus! But again, if it hadn't been, I'd have just shrugged it off as a MOTUC goof like He-Ro not being He-Man's ancestor and all.

I'd be a lot more excited if there was a comic book series to go with the MOTUC mythology, though even then, I'd want it produced by MVC artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    For what it's worth though I still think it's infinitely better than that PoG stuff. Men walking with dinosaurs? Techno-dinosaurs?
    Man, I'd just about kill to have an updated version of that Triceratops mount instead of Gy-Gor.

I love NA even MORE
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I love it. I'm not a huge NA fan, and i've only seen the 1st volume of the BCI set..but i REALLY like the way they're gonna be bringing them in, and it gives us the opporunity to have AWESOME characters like slush head and flogg side by side with the likes of trap jaw(when i get him lol) and triclops.
    So in short...wooo!