Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are The Pre-Eternia Bios Depressing?

Are The Pre-Eternia Bios Depressing?

I love the Pre-Eternia characters and ideas, but am I the only one who finds it depressing when you get a great toy whose character was around for Pre-Eternia only to be told of their death in the bio? While some of them even survived into modern MOTU times(King Hiss and Moss Man), I'm starting to think most of the characters releated to that era are killed in battle.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I don't get depressed but maybe they should stop spoiling the endings of these characters stories. I feel that they should look into doing a comic re-release where they explore these stories and stop telling us the endings on the back of the box.
    :2/16/2010:
    I try to forget but the pain won't go away. Never forget, Never forgive.

Famous last words: "But I had a coupon!"

Court Magician
    Death is just another doorway.

To me, all the older guys can time travel thanks to He-ros wand.
    Collecting MOTUC since Dec. 09

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I love the Pre-Eternia characters and ideas, but am I the only one who finds it depressing when you get a great toy whose character was around for Pre-Eternia only to be told of their death in the bio? While some of them even survived into modern MOTU times(King Hiss and Moss Man), I'm starting to think most of the characters releated to that era are killed in battle.
    I was actually thinking of opening a thread on this same topic today! There's so much death in MOTUC. This is Masters of the Universe...not Slaughter House 5.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I was noticing that too, but the beauty of it is that they die valiantly in battle. As a warrior, the most noble thing they can do is give their life protecting their people. However, Veena, Zodac, Goddess, the Elders, and Moss Man did manage to survive along with the Snake Men and Horde. Yes, Veena eventually died, but her (unnamed) child lived on, and she chose another to take her place.

I could always see Adam having a future, but Adora's never seemed to materialize for me. As a result, in my canon, she eventually gives her life in the final battle against Hordak. But that's just me.

Hey it's Pre-Eternia, and they can't nor shouldn't all survive. That's a good point about their fates being possibly spoiled by all these reveals. They make good fodder for us fans to chew on until we get an actual story.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the fact that some of the characters have died. It gives the whole story a kind of Lord of the Rings feel to it where some major characters die in the midst of an epic battle and others live to fight another day. Just picture the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but replaced with MOTU characters. They would be the greatest movies ever!

Elder Councilman
    partially, but then also remember we're only getting a short part about their story; sorta like what we know about King Grayskull: at the moment, not a whole lot.

I think once it's all fleshed out a lot more, it'll be more worthwhile.

Sorta reminds me of Sin City where the story of Marv talks about the one guy I actually liked in the movie...aaaaaaaaand he dies. Apparently, there was a lot more to him...and they chose that specific story to flesh 'im out.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    am I the only one who finds it depressing when you get a great toy whose character was around for Pre-Eternia only to be told of their death in the bio?
    Doesn't bother me. In my canon, when He-Man and She-Ra had too much to handle with The Horde, Evil Warriors and Snake Men, the Sorceress transported He-Ro to the future at the point of his supposed "death" and he joined in with present day MOTU.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I can't be depressed by biographies !

I think everyone is able to create his OWN stories ans bios. Bios are just a bonus to me, not something cast in stone.

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    It’s no different than reading legitimate history of heroic or interesting people throughout the centuries.

They are of times long since past, and the purpose they now serve is to inspire.

The depressing part is so many of them are being released at once, they’re all heroic, and they all got the kibosh while the villains are all contemporary and still kicking.

I think its neat actually, one of the best episodes of a MOTU cartoon (including all versions with POP and NA) was the MYP episode about King Grayskull. It was so powerful when he died.

I felt the same way reading that Tytus fell in victory over Megator.

I think I agree with the only thing that seems odd is that none of the villains we are seeing are dead except Scare Glow and then not really because he is still around in Spirit form.

I think the body count for bios is Hero's 3, Villains 0

And everyone wonders why Skeletor and Hordak get all the cool characters....its cause they live
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The Pre-Eternian heroes are people from the past. It´s logic to think that He-Man and all eternians know how their heroes died. It´s like our history. We know about Pocahontas, King Arthur, Houdini and many other real heroes we know all their lives and their deaths.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

It kinda sucks but, Eternia is a place of MAGIC and SCIENCE! Some of the dead dudes CAN be used in Present Eternia. Time Travel (Magic or science based) parallel dimensions, Summoning Guide/Warrior Spirits (Like the Jaga from Thundercats or the Espers/Eidolons/Aeons/Lucavi/etc. from the Final Fantasy series).
    I want some dead villains too... other than scareglow
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The Pre-Eternian heroes are people from the past. It´s logic to think that He-Man and all eternians know how their heroes died. It´s like our history. We know about Pocahontas, King Arthur, Houdini and many other real heroes we know all their lives and their deaths.
    Yes, but don't the heroes deserve at least one happy ending? Pre-Eternians were pretty inept if they all died in battle while several of the villains lived.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I can see the ancient characters dying since they aren't around any longer. Of course, since these are warriors, growing old and retiring would probably make from a disappointing bio. I wonder if character death will extend to any modern characters?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think the body count for bios is Hero's 3, Villains 0
    Calix died at the hands of Hordak. Heroes 3; Villains 1

Megator might be number 2 on that list.

Yes, but don't the heroes deserve at least one happy ending? Pre-Eternians were pretty inept if they all died in battle while several of the villains lived.
    Or the villains back then were alot more hardcore and powerful than today's villains as MYP seemed to suggest. Today's bad guys are too soft! LOL They don't eat human flesh, unleash colossal scale serpent gods or split their planets apart, killing millions.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 19, 2010 at 10:06am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I don't find it depressing at all. I find it realistic. You can't fight the most vicious, maniacal and unrelenting villains in the galaxy and emerge unscathed
    or completely intact. The only hero who has a free pass is He-Man. That's the only hero that no one has the worry about being killed. He's just too dang too powerful. Everyone else is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    The depressing part is so many of them are being released at once, they’re all heroic, and they all got the kibosh while the villains are all contemporary and still kicking.
    I actually find that uplifting and promising...to us villains.

Yes, but don't the heroes deserve at least one happy ending?
    Ummmm.....no.

Pre-Eternians were pretty inept if they all died in battle while several of the villains lived.
    Well, as Lord Dark Helmet once said, "Evil will always triumph because Good is dumb."
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 19, 2010 at 11:36am.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Or the villains back then were alot more hardcore and powerful than today's villains as MYP seemed to suggest. Today's bad guys are too soft! LOL They don't eat human flesh, unleash colossal scale serpent gods or split their planets apart, killing millions.
    Weren't the main villains Hordak and King Hiss? They're still alive I'm assuming. Maybe they've gotten soft after all those years.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Hahaha...yeah. I like it, though. I'm beginning to like Preternia more than Etheria and Primus combined. I've even started making my own kitbashes for them. Now if I can get a King Grayskull that I wouldn't be afraid to play with for fear of breaking...

I'd prefer some of the heroes live. They could find other explanations for their disappearance.

I'd also prefer some of the villains die. Hordak's entire group, even a chump like Mantenna, survives, but great warriors like King Grayskull and He-Ro buy the farm? What does that say about how great they really were?

They're only depressing if you like good guys.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    We now have The Mighty Spector to mysteriously appear and save their lives with his time travelling gadget!

Problem solved!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    It kinda sucks but, Eternia is a place of MAGIC and SCIENCE! Some of the dead dudes CAN be used in Present Eternia. Time Travel (Magic or science based) parallel dimensions, Summoning Guide/Warrior Spirits (Like the Jaga from Thundercats or the Espers/Eidolons/Aeons/Lucavi/etc. from the Final Fantasy series).
    I want some dead villains too... other than scareglow
    Megator
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Calix died at the hands of Hordak. Heroes 3; Villains 1

Megator might be number 2 on that list.
    Don't forget Zodac, Zodak and Moss Man who all are still running around quite healthy.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    We now have The Mighty Spector to mysteriously appear and save their lives with his time travelling gadget!

Problem solved!

LOL I was waiting for someone to say that
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora