Leech(hands and feet)
I'm sure this was asked before, but I was just wondering what figures everyone liked/disliked in the line so far. Only figures that we have "in hand", so no Star Sisters or Mighty Spectors.
Top 3 Favorites
1) Battle Cat
Least liked Figures
1) The Goddess (due to explosive hips and my figure's arms are so loose they stay limp at her side)
2) King Grayskull (very loose ankles and can barely stand, awful seam on hair, poorly painted eyes)
3) Hurricane Hordak (poor vac metal)
Leech(hands and feet)
I was dusting off my shelves and my MOTUC collection yesterday and had time to consider this again:
Favorites (in no order):
Buzz-Off (believe it or not)
He-Man + Battlecat
Preternia Disguise He-Man
Last edited by Larry Waters; November 8, 2011 at 01:41pm.
Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz
(not counting Zodak, Count Marzo, Chief Carnivus, Faceless One)
From only the ones I own...
Favorites:*it's VERY tough to pick only 3*
3. Moss Man
3. Battle Armor Skeletor
MADAME RAZZ & BROOM IN 2013!!!
"What and miss a good scrap? I never told Adam or Man-At-Arms but I used to be quite a ROWDY in my youth!" - King Randor
Zodac (love the character but the figure is just so bland)
Count Marzo (just an example of where 200X went wrong opposed to Carnivus/Faceless One doing it right)
The Green Goddess (I have Teela. Don't need one in green. Plus no place for her in my canon).
Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!
"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"
- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"
I love them all. My favorites revolve around what was executed correctly and what needs to be fixed. So in that vein...
1. Battle Cat
2. Trap Jaw
BOTTOM 3 (as in PLEASE redo them)
1. The Goddess
2. King Hssss
Queen Marlena/Captain Glenn (love how she is two characters)
Stratos (give him some accessories he could become a favorite)
Buzz Off (just kinda boring)
Clawful (lack of second head hurt this one)
3. Battle Armor He-Man
4. Battle Cat
10. Scare Glow
1. Hurricane Hordak
2. The Goddess
4. Preternia Disguise He-Man
7. Count Marzo
9. Faceless One
MOST WANTED: Two-Bad, Ice Armor He-Man, Hydron, Flogg, Horde Trooper,
NA Skeletor, Ninjor, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, and Rio Blast
CHECK OUT MY: Buy/Sell/Trade Reviews
- Everyone except...
- Toothless Skeletor (looks silly and way too much green on the face)
- Horde Prime UK Comic head (it looks overly cartoonish to me but I know a lot of people like it; happy with the alternative though!)
- Color-Change Orko (only because the heat in Arizona made him always transparent in the summer)
I guess I'm a pretty easy-going fan...
This is TOTALLY going to change after March or April or May lol
Trap Jaw (yeah, I know, EVERYONE loves him... snooze-fest for me ... though I like Kronis)
A Want List of Sorts:
Rokkon, Stonedar, Nepthu, Plundor, Sea Hawk, Strong-Arm, Dactys, Horde Troopers, Storm, Geldor, Modulok, Battle Ram, Kowl, Loo-Kee, Hydron, Glimmer, Angella, Stridor, Eldor, Two Bad, Ninjor, Rio Blast, Mermista, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Peekablue, Double Trouble, Perfuma, Flutterina, Spinnerella, Gorpo, Flogg, Crita, Madam Razz & Broom
Sad to say green goddess
Evil lyn v1
I've been banned!
Follow me on Twitter
My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
5. Moss Man
1. Count Marzo
Sorry, I just don't cound Mo-Larr or Toothless Skeletor in actual consideration.
So many to like for so many different reasons but the following really impress me.
King Grayskull (Don't like the character.)
Hordak (Wish his armor had thicker bones, an actual bat shield, white crossbow.)
Faceless One (More of a brick than the giants thanks to his cape design.)
Chief Carnivus (Disney looking Thundercats with underbites don't do anything for me.)
Moss Man (Most boring Heroic Warrior.)
Snake Men need a woman of their own too!
Proud supporter of the Snake Men.
Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Horde Trooper, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram.
Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Scorpia, Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Sea Hawk, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Lizard Man.
No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!
1) Mer-Man (most favorite)
3) Trap Jaw
5) Beast Man
In 2012, I might add Draego Man to this list.
Least favorites :
1) Mo-Larr (least favorite)
2) The Goddess (crappy quality doesn't make a great figure)
3) King Hssss (weak snake torso, reversed shoulders, crotch that hinders legs movement)
My least favorite list will definitely change in 2012: I'll have to add Spector and Snake Man-at-Arms.
Top favorite figures in the line so far due to nostalgia, awesome interpretations of the character, or just personal preference for a character:
The top three are in order. The rest are in no specific order.
1. Skeletor - Still the top. I own multiples, but my absolute favorite is the original open hand release.
2. Leech - My favorite motu character after Skelly. This figure is exactly what I envisioned. So effin' cool.
3. Whiplash - My favorite of all Skelly's guys. This figure is exactly what I wanted.
5. Merman (prefer the blue but love the green too)
7. Adora - I love this figure so much. Not really sure why. Probably because it looks like it stepped right out of the Filmation cartoon.
Honorable mentions to Teela, Orko, Webstor, Keldor, Optikk, Scareglow, and the rest.
Least favorite (None of these are truly bad figures)
1. Yellow Teela
2. Hurricane "Vintage Dial" Hordak
3. The giants Megator and Tytus - lack of articulation and price.
4. He-Ro - Don't care.
5. King Randor - Garish colors stupid design. My Randor is the 200x and Filmation versions.
6. King Grayskull - Nice figure, don't care. He's also dead in the current time of He-Man and Skeletor so his usefulness to me is limited.
7. Chief Carnivus - Great figure, don't care.
8. Vikor - I really don't like all the hype this figure received. Completely unjustified. Also...don't care.
That's pretty much it.
Last edited by Thrawn29; November 8, 2011 at 04:45pm.
Best TOP 10
Worst TOP 5
- Roboto (poor materials, duck jaw,
- Faceless One (poor head sculpt, he uses legs)
- Goddess (just a repaint, not a direct sculpt from the minicomic)
- Hordak (horrible half armor)
- Stratos (need monkey feet, better hands that can hold weapons, articulated wings)
TOP 25 ITEMS - WISHLIST
- KARG, MOVIE 3PACK(SAUROD, BLADE, GWILDOR)
- GRANITA, METEORBS MULTIPACK
- TALON FIGHTER & POINT DREAD
- ELDOR, GRAY, ORACLE, QUEEN VEENA, BATTLE LION
- CALIX, DOUBLE TROUBLE, MODULOK, MULTIBOT, MANTISAUR
- HYDRON, WEAPONSTRONIC, TUSKADOR, SAGITAR, DARIUS
- FLOGG, STAGHORN, CRITA, HOOVE, LIZORR
1. zodac (with extra weapons)
2. stratos (with custom repaint)
3. ba he-man (with red grayskull cape)
1. clawful (small shell back & muppet head)
2. wundar (just a re-paint with zodac armor)
3. mo-lar (a joke)
King Grayskull SDCC
King Grayskull SDCC statue
the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!
For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041
Man-E-Faces (great figure with the best extra head)
Man-at-Arms (lots of accessories)
Beastman (perfect classic update)
Panthor/Battlecat (cats that battle, what more do you need?)
Webstor (turns his food into jelly, jum)
Scare-Glow (fun and great head sculpt, would have loved as a kid)
Custom made Favs:
Skeletor (added a black leather cape since these photos were taken)
He-Man (repaint with new weapons)
Man-at-Arms (grizzled space pirate version)
King Grayskull (custom repaint w/Randor head)
Optik (not mine, but it looks very similar)
Battleground Teela (regular Teela head (repainted lips) with Vikor cape)
King Randor (good head, but hated the costume)
Sexy Blonde Teela (really long blonde hair and extra "pillows")
Clawful (bad head, great body)
He-Ro (liked the sword...that's about it)