Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do I fit in?

Where do I fit in?

Just joined and looking forward to getting to know everyone! Ive read so many descriptions of differing types of people here on the boards almost as many factions as within MOTUC

Matty Apologists
    Cherry Pickers
    Completists
    Filmation Fans
    NA Non Canon-ites
    POP Pish Posh-ers
    Vintage Purists
    Scalpors
    MOC Collectors
    Toy Guru Bashers
    4H Lovefest-ers
    Variant Trashers
    Gen 200x-ers

Help me figure out where I fit in!

Pertinent info

1. I collected He-Man figures as a kid (nothing MOC)

2. I wanted the entire collection but felt like I was getting too old so

3. .I have most of the vintage 80s figures I dont have all of the Meteorbs, Megator, Tytus or some of the He-man/Skeletor/Hordak variants

4. I really had a hard time justifying buying variants even as a kid Stinkor, Moss Man, Nightstalker all royally ticked me off. I was even peeved when they made both Rokkon AND Stonedar. I bought all of these anyway but it KILLED me to do it.

5. My last vintage purchase was the Eternian playset when I was in HIGH SCHOOL. It is still in the box, sitting in my basement.

6. Never bought the POP line but wanted to

7. I felt I was too old for the NA figures, they just didnt feel right

8. I discovered the 200x series way too late and just when I thought I could catch up with the collection the VARIANTS! What was with all those dang variants??!!! I didnt buy any of the variants. Not the snake variants, not the he-man/skeletor variants and not the repaints.

Fast forward to 2011 when I discovered the MOTUC line. I have no idea why/how it took me so long to find this line but Im almost there with a collection Im happy with

1. I only really care about loose figures and will just have them for display.

2. 2012 will be my first sub (one sub + 30th anniversary sub) and I will get one every year they offer them from here on out simply because I hate the Matty website so much.

3. The reversed shoulders didnt bother me.

4. This time around Ill try to get all figures offered variants still kill me but I dont want to risk missing out on some of the cooler ones like BG Teela (no interest in the TRU variants except Faker, and I dont know why)

5. I remember the most exciting part of collecting the line when I was younger was the anticipation of new figures:

- The NA figures are all new figures to me and some of my favorite Classicized designs so far. Love them.

- The 30th anniversary figures are all new figures to me and even though The Mighty Spector looks like an X-Men figure (come on TG thats one heck of a coincidence) Ill be buying him and hell eventually fit in somehow just like Snout Spout and Rio Blast and Ninjor fit in and 30 years from now when Mattel releases an all new re-imagined ultimate line by the elderly wrinkled albeit brilliant hands of the 4H, there will be people demanding him because like it or not is he now part of MOTU

6. Filmation and comic book characters are a nice addition but every time a new fan-support thread starts for a character (are there any that dont have one yet?), I have to look him/her/it up.

7. Love the varying opinions on here. Mattel/TG need and I'm sure, at times, appreciate the feedback. I think the forums are a good place to vent and criticize but don't forget the most effective way to get your point across is with your wallet - cuz this is a dang expensive line! and if the negativity of any certain thread gets to be too much, I'll just stop reading posts from there. All a matter of choice.

Have at it where do I fit in?

I like your attitude.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I dunno where you fit in exactly, but I'll happily diagnose myself...

I am a 4H Lovefester, MOC Collector, Completist, Filmation Fan, Matty Apologist. Oh and of course a slight hint of Vintage Purist here and there!

Welcome aboard and entertaining post!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

you sound like you fit in just right on these boards. Welcome!

Where do you fit in? Only time will tell.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You seem like a general MOTU fan to me.

From what I see, you have no special era affiliations or dislikes--as long as it's MOTU-related, you like it.

Villainous Marauder Monkeyboy Prime's Avatar
    The group you belong to is the awesome people club. Welcome.

Wait how do you feel about Songster.....J/K.
    When will we get our Songster figure Mattel???

... awesome post my man! ... and welcome! ...

you seem very open-minded, which is very cool ... that's the best way to be i think ... sure there will be things you like/dislike, but you just seem like a good, positive MOTU fan ... plus, you gt a MIB eternia so you get bonus points ...

me? ... well, i guess you could call me a cherry picking non na pop and 200x vintage purist and occasional matty apologiser ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Well dude, you forgot another type: " Inconditional MOTU Lover"
    That's where you and I fit in
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You seem like a general MOTU fan to me.

From what I see, you have no special era affiliations or dislikes--as long as it's MOTU-related, you like it.
    Mega seems to have it nailed down. You are just an all around MOTU fan and that's great.

Welcome aboard!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

You sound like you're going to have a LOT of fun with MOTUC

It doesn't matter how you felt in the past, just how you feel now, and it seems like you have nostalgic love for the vintage MOTU line and excitement for the POP, NA, 200X, etc. figures that are to come.

I'd say you're poised to enjoy yourself!!

The titles, categories, etc. are really all an exaggeration
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    you sound like you fit in just right on these boards. Welcome!
    Sounds about right to me! Welcome! Wow I never thought of Moss Man and Stinkor as variants! You are strict! lol
    HE-I.Joe

Well, as toy fans, it usually comes down to Good Guys or Bad Guys. (Or Zodac, for MOTU.)

You're a Good Guy. Welcome aboard!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy Prime View Post

You know what? Songster would have been freaking awesome as a 30th anniversary figure.

master of hiphop
    Great Post

oh and one other one for your List

AFA Plastic Crack addict, this is where i fit in

if it's Motu vintage or new and it's AFA graded i want it

enjoy the boards!!!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    You're an MOTU fan; no other designation or affiliation is needed.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    You could also be a villain or a member of the evil forces of Hasbro, a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world! You could have all the Star Wars, Marvel, Tranformers and Joes you could want to play with! Join the Dark Side...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 8, 2011 at 12:43pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

You sound like an Alexx to me! Come on over to my side! I have one! Seriously! I have a buffet table and EVERYTHING!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    a villain or a member of the evil forces of Hasbro, a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world!
    only you would say that bud.. love it!
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy Prime View Post

You know, I have thought that the Songster character would be an awesome "travelling story teller" character for this line. I always loved the Rooster in the Disney Robin Hood movie and I feel that there should be one in this line to continue the legend of the He-Man!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Come on Maaaaaaaaaaan, I mean why do you have to label it, ya know?
    (doing my best hippie/hipster impression here people) i.e. SARCASM
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    You sound like an Alexx to me! Come on over to my side! I have one! Seriously! I have a buffet table and EVERYTHING!
    Too Funny

You sound a lot like me. Except i am a little more flexible when it comes to your variant ideas. For the most part, if it was a new character i was ok with it, but i just don't care much for all of the variants of the characters. Battle Armor, thunderpunch, preternia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    You could also be a villain or a member of the evil forces of Hasbro, a ruthless, terrorist organization determined to rule the world! You could have all the Star Wars, Marvel, Tranformers and Joes you could want to play with! Join the Dark Side...
    good form, benny h! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    only you would say that bud.. love it!
    AGE-less...you would so love it over here, man! I mean you're Canadian and all, but we can overlook that unfortunate genetic disability because we're cool like that...

Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    good form, benny h! ...
    Thanks! I've been practicing the yoga black arts. I'm starting to get pretty good at it if I say so myself.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I like the exaggerated labels and categories!! That way we can find similar matches (like those terrible dating websites) and join forces in Era Wars™!

Don't listen to the Evil Forces of Hasbro!!! They are just jealous that we have the best Classic/Collector lien there is!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!