Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: November Info.....

November Info.....

One Week to go, and no info yet...last month it was really early...now no info and the sale is next week...I mean I pretty much only wanted to know what re-issue(s) if any this month, but what is the deal, why no info?
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It'd be nice to see what all is going on sale this month. I want the JLU 7 pack and I'd like to know how much it is, but no because Mattel has not updated MattyCollector.com.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Yes, I'd love to know what re-issues - if any - are coming this month to kind of prepare financially. If there's going to be a Cyber-Monday, that would be great to know about as well.

Matty is getting REALLY Bad at updating their site
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Just makes you wonder if all that talk about Mattycollector becoming EXTINCT is JUST talk? Hmmmm?
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think if Mattel wants people to be paying a you-know-what load of money this month on all the stuff they are offering, they need to give us more than a few days notice. We know what Swifty and the MOTU stuff will be, but the JLU 7 pack, the JLU con three packs (if they're even going to be there this month), and the 12" movie Hal Jordan are all still mysteries to me as far as how much I'm supposed to shell out if I want them.

For expensive items like these, you need to give your customers a chance to get the money together. This is REALLY bad business (which by now I believe is Matty's middle name).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

No kidding. How much is Swift Wind this month??? Everything should be done 3 months in advance. We should at least have that. If they need to update it...fine update it & put it up on the Matty forum.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i like to know what is up for sell this month & next. especially the re-issues.
    i'd like to know so i can save up to buy figures & plan it out the day of sell.

Advance friggin notice!

This is what bloody infuriates me...those of us with a subscription should know what is coming out of the checkbook at least TWO WEEKS in advance! How the heck are we suppose to budget correctly in order to keep the damn thing if it keeps being sprung on us last minute? HELLO?
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    This is what bloody infuriates me...those of us with a subscription should know what is coming out of the checkbook at least TWO WEEKS in advance! How the heck are we suppose to budget correctly in order to keep the damn thing if it keeps being sprung on us last minute? HELLO?
    Is this more of a Mattel issue or Digital river?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Is this more of a Mattel issue or Digital river?
    Y'know...that is a really good question. I dont even know who dropped the ball here! Can someone enlighten us?
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Swift Wind is $30.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

JLU 7 pack is 70.00 I believe.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Heroic Warrior
    all I want to know is the re-issues, if any, as well...why the last-minute notice on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Swift Wind is $30.
    Awesome! Thx Mern-Ra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digital River manages the site.

Toyguru manages the brand and marketing.

It's his job, and one of the more important responsibilities he has, I'd imagine.

If I were brand manager, I'd be on the phone every few hours until the site were updated, no matter how busy I was designing my own figures for various toy lines.

I don't want to hear from him that he's busy. This is a major part of his job.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It is ridiculous and completely unprofessional that the sale is less than 10 days away and the site has NO info regarding the upcoming sale.

I just don't understand it.... Don't they WANT to make money???

Dont they understand that fans need to budget and plan their purchases?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Actually, I didnt mean to derail this thread my way. The issue you guys are referring to is that the site isnt giving a heads up on releases and pricing coming up.
    My issue is that we never know for sure until they actually bill us how much they are taking out. An example is this month: for one sub, I am getting one fig and one beast. That said, my last few sets of "one fig, one beast" have all been a slightly different price based on my Tx state tax and shipping variables. Why can we not get a billing verification e-mail two weeks out or more so we know EXACTLY what we will charged....BEFORE the date arrives. I usually get the sub renewal e-mail the day before or the day of billing.....its got me a little riled.
    Darth Pardus

I honestly think they just don't care enough. They know the figures will sell out and we will be there on the 15th. I would imagine having the sales up a couple months in advance would be a good business practice, but that's not what mattel is concerned with.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffrod View Post
    Actually, I didnt mean to derail this thread my way. The issue you guys are referring to is that the site isnt giving a heads up on releases and pricing coming up.
    My issue is that we never know for sure until they actually bill us how much they are taking out. An example is this month: for one sub, I am getting one fig and one beast. That said, my last few sets of "one fig, one beast" have all been a slightly different price based on my Tx state tax and shipping variables. Why can we not get a billing verification e-mail two weeks out or more so we know EXACTLY what we will charged....BEFORE the date arrives. I usually get the sub renewal e-mail the day before or the day of billing.....its got me a little riled.
    Mattel will claim that DR just isn't set up for that type of option.
    The truth is they really don't care as long as they get the charge off the credit card.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Great line, I really enjoy alot of these figures!

But poor service!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    I honestly think they just don't care enough. They know the figures will sell out and we will be there on the 15th. I would imagine having the sales up a couple months in advance would be a good business practice, but that's not what mattel is concerned with.

J
    Sadly, I think that seems accurate.

Then again, if there's a way for Mattel to screw itself out of (non-Barbie) money, then they'll find it.

They'll find it...

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    A two weeks notice would be great.
    There's no way in telling when the current sales page goes online now.

I wonder if the availability of the previous month sales has anything to do
    with the delays of the current month sales page because as soon as the
    new page goes online people may not look at the old sales page anymore
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    I went looking for the price of Swifty a couple weeks ago after not seeing it at the site. I am rather unappeased at not being alerted at least a couple weeks in advance as to exactly how much (minus shipping of course) I can expect to be taken out of my account being that I'm a locked-in subscriber. Get on the ball, for crying out loud!

Usually I'm pretty mild-mannered, but this has been getting increasingly irritating to me.

I posted on the Matty website 3 days ago, but of course no response, I really love it...I finally get my shipment from last month in the shortest period yet, and now they tick me of with something new..I really need to know about the re-issues, because that will determine if I get Swift Wind and She-Ra both, or a needed re-issue & Swiftwind..I can get She-Ra later if need be far cheaper I'm thinking than I could Swifty on the 3rd market....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!