Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Of The Universe VS DC Universe Showdown!!!

Masters Of The Universe VS DC Universe Showdown!!!

Pick your favorite based on who you feel is the most powerful, the coolest, has the best power, or just the winner of a coin toss.

Even if I have already tallied up the winner of the previous matchup, you can still vote. I will add them to the earlier results and announce in a new post if it leads to a tie or a new winner.

KING GRAYSKULL (MOTU 2002)

VS

EARTH 2 SUPERMAN (DC Universe)

MY VOTE
    Earth 2 Superman
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 18, 2011 at 03:48am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    As much as I love King Grayskull, Superman is iconic. I vote for E2 Superman.

E2 Superman.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Against King Grayskull, I say E2 Superman. He would not fare so well against thee He-Man though!

Earth 2 Superman!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

his Highness King Grayskull

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    These kind of post bother me. When Marvel vs. DC happened you had so many battles that were just wrong. It became a popularity contest instead of a real throwdown. I hope this does not become bias being on a MOTU site. It should not matter what your personal preference is but who would win in a real battle. That being said and the fact that I hate Superman he would still beat the crap out of King Grayskull.

no contest. superman.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    These kind of post bother me. When Marvel vs. DC happened you had so many battles that were just wrong. It became a popularity contest instead of a real throwdown. I hope this does not become bias being on a MOTU site. It should not matter what your personal preference is but who would win in a real battle. That being said and the fact that I hate Superman he would still beat the crap out of King Grayskull.
    You can vote however you want to, but so can anyone else. As I said above...

Pick your favorite based on who you feel is the most powerful, the coolest, has the best power, or just the winner of a coin toss.

In this thread, there is no wrong way to vote.

Besides, all discussions based on who would or wouldn't win are subjective. Not only do most of these characters have their powers & strength levels change based on the era or writer, these aren't real people. If someone wrote a story tomorrow that Krypto beat Superman, there would be people who disagree. What there wouldn't be is scientific proof as to why that outcome could or couldn't happen.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 9, 2011 at 12:07pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I think Krypto could take King Grayskull down.

I think Krypto could take King Grayskull down.
    As do I

JOIN THE GROUP...

Earth 2 Superman, no question. He was pretty much invincible and they invented like 7 new powers per issue to deal with whatever he was fighting. I think he even launched a miniature Superman out of his hand once.

i think krypto could take king grayskull down.
    Blasphemy.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Definitely E2 Supes. Although, I am not too familiar with DC universe stuff. Wasn't E2 Superman nearly all-powerful - kind of like Filmation He-Man (he lifted Castle Grayskull and pushed the moon).

Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    Definitely E2 Supes. Although, I am not too familiar with DC universe stuff. Wasn't E2 Superman nearly all-powerful - kind of like Filmation He-Man (he lifted Castle Grayskull and pushed the moon).
    Yes. He is basically identical to the Superman we have today(the whole Earth 2 was a retcon to try & explain why Superman was a member of both the JSA & the JLA even though they existed on 2 different Earths), except that he was often shown displaying feats of strength that some readers might scoff at these days. Although, if you want to get technical, he didn't always fly("able to leap tall buildings in a single bound"). This version of Superman has also kept a few details that Superman originally had before being changed over the years in the current version. Kal-El & Jor-El are still spelled Kal-L & Jor-L, Clark's parents are still called John & Mary, and his S shield is slightly different.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Superman. KG isn't real IMO.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Hmmm, unless some kind of deus ex machina/plot device kryptonite is involved....

I'll have to go with E2 Superman
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    Wasn't E2 Superman nearly all-powerful - kind of like Filmation He-Man (he lifted Castle Grayskull and pushed the moon).
    That's the kind of thing E2 Superman would do on an off day while he was sleepwalking.

He's huffed and blew out a star, sneezed and the force of it moved a galaxy. His speed almost burned up a universe, his heat vision cancelled a big bang, he can traverse time with no difficulty whatsoever, he regularly and effortlessly moved entire solar systems the way a waiter can move a tray of dishes. He could traverse Galaxies in moments and regularly travel between dimensions. His intellect was beyond compare.

Then you get into the weird powers. Like when he shot smaller versions of himself from his fingertips. Or split his molecules and became multiple Supermen to deal with multiple disasters.

EDIT: Come to think of it, some of those may be E1 Superman feats. Though most of the time the two were close to interchangable save for their age and background/associated characters.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; April 5, 2011 at 08:57pm.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

I'm going against the grain and saying King Grayskull. Comparing the power btw the two is useless so i'm basing it on looks.

Heroic Warrior
    E2 superman had fluxuating powers... I know when he started the GA Supes was strong, durable, and able to leap far.... As it went on, he got more powerful...

I know Silver age E1 superman was insane!! Most of the wacky crazy powers I've always attributed to him... and when E1 and E2 met, E2 was older and a bit weaker....

So I'm not sure what level we're dealing with here....

Not that it matters in this fight. Action Comics #1 mediocre Superman would have been about the same power level as KG and he only got more powerful as he went

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Part of me wants to say E2 Superman as he‘s the first uber-powerful superhero I grew-up with.

However, King Grayskull is a man with grit, determination and experience, and the looks of a real leader and warrior. He's also a champion of right, a protector of the weak, a man willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good as well as the possessor of a powerful sword magically imbued with his energies with which to overcome all.

I therefore cast my vote for the least popular, the apparent underdog, the David against the Goliath, and the most deserving (he was not born with innate superpowers after all), King Grayskull!

If you like this thread, I have 4 similar ones that you might enjoy as well.

Masters Of The Universe Showdown!!!

Superhero Showdown!!!

Pop Culture Showdown!!!

Horror Showdown!!!
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 9, 2011 at 11:59am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I love King Grayskull but Earth 2 Superman is one of the most powerful characters in all of pop culture. I think he could phase thru walls, travel thru time, plus he his strength may be unmatched.

Earth 2 Superman wins.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

One is the template for superheroes & an icon all over the world while the other is a 1 episode retcon who chimed in on He-Man & He-Ro's territory. How couldn't I pick Earth 2 Superman?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 9, 2011 at 03:49am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Earth 2 Superman... sorry
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.