Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is Shadow Weaver Possible?

Shadow Weaver's in this comic, and the trademark makes no mention of Filmation, only Mattel.

http://www.htmlcomics.com/Book/html....s_Name=Masters Of The Universe (Marvel Star)&Book_No=011&Page_Number=1&Alpha=|&Lookup=masters of the universe

http://www.htmlcomics.com/Book/html....s_Name=Masters Of The Universe (Marvel Star)&Book_No=011&Page_Number=1&Alpha=|&Lookup=masters of the universe

EDIT: I guess I can't link to the page. Anyway, it 's the Marvel/Star MOTU #11, and it has Shadow Weaver in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    Shadow Weaver's in this comic, and the trademark makes no mention of Filmation, only Mattel.

EDIT: I guess I can't link to the page. Anyway, it 's the Marvel/Star MOTU #11, and it has Shadow Weaver in it.
    Again: that means nothing:
    Mattel had the right to use her back then, but nthey sold all the entertainmnet right in the nienties. Any legal line from before that time can't change how things are now.

One thing of interest - I recently got a vintage Crystal Castle toy, which comes with a table that has a map of Etheria on it. The map has the locations of Scorpion Hill (Scorpia's base) and Horror Hall (Shadow Weaver's base) on them. Since they are written on actual vintage toys, Mattel's previously rules mean they can use the location names. Hopefully this will spur them on to acquiring the rights for those two important characters. It alos might be a way to hint at the existance of the two characters in bios when they do not have the rights to them. That way they can "include" them in the mythology without out right stating it. They can be referred to as "The Sorceress of Horror Hall" and "The Mistress of Scorpion Hill."
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Kevenn, have you got a pic of that map? Never had Crystal Castle. A pic would be cool.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Good call Kevenn, I haven't had that table since 1993 when it fell out of a box.
    Love to see a pic of that up close.

kind of tiny, but i googled this...
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Thanks LFE. That's cool!

Surely there must be a way for Mattel to exert their ownership over Shadow Weaver and Scorpia. If these characters don't belong to MOTU where do they belong?

It's all a matter of money. Unless Mattel decides to shell out the money to license or outright buy back the rights to both series, I'm sadly not optimistic.
    There's the door, spaceman.

How many times must we be told no?

Stop beating the dead horse. If we get her,we get her and if we dont, well then you wont.

I'd say "Oh yeah. she's very possible......"
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

should this topic not be closed and deleted now??

For sure it is moot now, but damn am I happy about it!!!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.