Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 79

Thread: Can Matty please finish the first few waves???

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, New York
    Posts
    2,042

    Can Matty please finish the first few waves???

    I love what they are doing with the line. It's nice to see all the last wave figures like gygor and tytus and even king randor but c'mon... Let's make mekaneck and ram man and all the other ones that came out first!!!

    What are they waiting for?

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    467
    I think one will come out soon, not sure about both.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Skeletortilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ashtabula, OH
    Posts
    1,532
    Patience is a virtue.

    As Skeletor said back in '87..."Everything comes to he who waits."

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior okydoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,046
    The reason is because they want to extend the fans' interest until 2017. If they produce all the vintage figures first, by wave, the fans that are only interested in the vintage line will stop collecting (like me)...
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

    My pictures and albums

    Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

  5. #5
    Heroic Warrior Wulff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    911
    We've got a lot of Mekaneck parts in Trapjaw, so Mekaneck will be soon I'm sure, plus along with Merman he completes all the parts needed for Stinkor. (though personally I'd do Stinkor first, then Mekaneck later, so fans don't complain Stinkor has no new parts)

    Ram Man as has been mentioned many times needs a ton of new tooling so he is a ways off.

  6. #6
    I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    474
    What I think is odd about it is that they pushed all the wave two bad guys out in the first year and a half, but havn't even touched the good guys. Not even the easy to tackle one when the line started, Mekaneck.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

    Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

  7. #7
    For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Port Macquarie, Australia
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    The reason is because they want to extend the fans' interest until 2017. If they produce all the vintage figures first, by wave, the fans that are only interested in the vintage line will stop collecting
    Couldnt agree anymore. Bring on Megator
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

  8. #8
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,933
    I love the way the line is trickling in mixed up from the original waves.

    The only thing that scares me is waiting til 2016 to get Queen Marlena, Adam, Cringer, and several others.

    What a surprise it is to see the new figure reveals and be totally shocked by what is coming! Count Marzo? Whiplash?? Tytus??? Gy-Gor???? ***!!!

    In the first 1.5 years, they HAVE managed to release most of the essential characters, so the line is not totally blended with C and D-list characters.

    With the news of the new trademark purchases, it's exciting to think that we might actually get some of those characters. I've never thought much about Sweet Bee. Now I'm hoping like heck they shock us with her coming out before most of the POP's!!!!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  9. #9
    Slave Girl for MOTUC! Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,336
    I love that they're taking this long to get the first few waves out and that they're shaking things up with the releases. I do wish they had waited over a year though before releasing all of the 8-backs, but I do hope they wait more than 2 years before the 12-backs are completed. As much as it would be nice to see Ram Man or Mekaneck before year 2 is done with, I can wait 2 or 3 more years for them.
    Last edited by Jean; February 21, 2010 at 09:27pm.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

    Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

    No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

    A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

  10. #10
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,891
    I also would like the first few waves finished off sooner rather than later. I hope some of them are on tap for release within the next year.

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Wolfchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    We've got a lot of Mekaneck parts in Trapjaw, so Mekaneck will be soon I'm sure, plus along with Merman he completes all the parts needed for Stinkor. (though personally I'd do Stinkor first, then Mekaneck later, so fans don't complain Stinkor has no new parts)

    Ram Man as has been mentioned many times needs a ton of new tooling so he is a ways off.
    What Mekaneck parts in Trap-Jaw? Aren't you thinking Man-E-Faces?

  12. #12
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,226

    Here's why we won't see those first few waves completed anytime in the near future...

    Let's be honest, the lion's share of MOTU Vintage love goes to those magical years of '82-'85. While there were figures from every Wave that I loved, but none of those Waves were as good as the first few.

    And I'm not even getting into how I feel about NA and POP, most of you know!

    So why, as many people ask, are we getting so few from those great first few Waves?

    It's very simple!

    Most of the Vintage figures that sucked (keep in mind, that's a subjective term. I'm referring to the figures that are looked on with disdain by all but the most hardcore of MOTU fans), such as the Rock Lords, Meteorbs, Movie figures, Extendar, Dragstor...you know, the figures that were 99.9997% bad gimmick... came out in later waves.

    By holding key figure from Vintage Wave 2 and beyond to be peppered throughout the remainder of the line, they keep up enough interest to ensure that Subscriptions don't drop.

    The fact is, if all I had to look forward to in a year was Post-Wave 4 figures, POP, NA and the occasional 200x figure, I'd NEVER book a subscription. I'd take my chances w the WSOD and chance things to get the 200x guys and Vintage remakes that I couldn't live without.

    I'm sure as many agree with me as disagree.

    My point is, by holding back figures with a MUCH higher universal "approval rating", Mattel ensures higher Subscription retention and growth.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  13. #13
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,775
    I'm loving the all-over-the-place aspcet to the release schedule. Of course, I am in for the long haul, will gladly buy next year's ALL-IN sub, and will be as excited for Gwildor, Perfuma, Hydron, and Photog as I am for Stinkor, Evilseed, Jungle Attack He-Man, and Fisto. (And honestly, you could plug any names ino that sentence and it would ring as true for me!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Novelty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Erehwon
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Most of the Vintage figures that sucked (keep in mind, that's a subjective term. I'm referring to the figures that are looked on with disdain by all but the most hardcore of MOTU fans), such as the Rock Lords, Meteorbs, Movie figures, Extendar, Dragstor...you know, the figures that were 99.9997% bad gimmick... came out in later waves.
    I disagree to the extreme with your comment. The Sorceress was in one of the last waves and she is probably one of the most wanted yet to be released characters.
    Got Fur

    I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

  15. #15
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I disagree to the extreme with your comment. The Sorceress was in one of the last waves and she is probably one of the most wanted yet to be released characters.
    But the real question is did you bother to read that comment in context? If you read my opening statement, I doubt you'd taken my comment as you did...

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    While there were figures from every Wave that I loved, but none of those Waves were as good as the first few.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  16. #16
    Fighting Foe Fan Whiplash7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I disagree to the extreme with your comment. The Sorceress was in one of the last waves and she is probably one of the most wanted yet to be released characters.
    Like Randor though, the Sorceress was a very early character who was, for whatever reason, released very late. I don't think she can be compared to Rio-Blast and such.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior Novelty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Erehwon
    Posts
    636
    @Big Country: I would still disagree with your 2nd quote. As a Horde fan, my favourite waves are Wave 5 and 6, and some of my favourite characters are Leech, Grizzlor, Extendar, Dragstor, Sorceress, Scare Glow and Mosquitor. I'd gladly take Dragstor over say, MEF any day.

    I think Mattel is clever enough to be mixing in the waves so that those who like the latter waves don't give up the line before it even starts.
    Got Fur

    I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

  18. #18
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,746
    I LOVE the mix that Mattel is doing! It keeps us guessing and it keeps people's interest peeked for the line. While I love the original figures that we haven't seen…i.e. Mekaneck and Man-E-Faces…I have patience. I'm excited to see figures like Count Marzo and Tytus! What a great line that has so much to offer for everyone!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  19. #19
    ThunderPunchU He Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    I'd gladly take Dragstor over say, MEF any day.

    I think Mattel is clever enough to be mixing in the waves so that those who like the latter waves don't give up the line before it even starts.
    Dragstor over Man E Faces?! ....

    I totally agree with you on mixing in the waves!
    I Didn't Slap You! I High-Fived You In The Face!

    I'm on Twitter: ThunderPunchU

  20. #20
    Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    The reason is because they want to extend the fans' interest until 2017. If they produce all the vintage figures first, by wave, the fans that are only interested in the vintage line will stop collecting (like me)...
    exactly.. how many figures would they sell if that all the good guys were made right away.

    they need to spread the love to make the line be interesting to see whats coming out next....anticipation is half the fun

  21. #21
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    The reason is because they want to extend the fans' interest until 2017. If they produce all the vintage figures first, by wave, the fans that are only interested in the vintage line will stop collecting (like me)...
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I LOVE the mix that Mattel is doing! It keeps us guessing and it keeps people's interest peeked for the line. While I love the original figures that we haven't seenůi.e. Mekaneck and Man-E-FacesůI have patience. I'm excited to see figures like Count Marzo and Tytus! What a great line that has so much to offer for everyone!
    Quoted for truth. People have to stay interested in this line for it to be a continued success so it's important to save some of the most popular characters until later or the line will die before we can get some of the less popular or more obscure characters made.

    And I for one LOVE the obscure characters! I'd rather have Anyone from POP or NA in place of characters like Ram-Man, Mekanek and man-E-Faces
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior Novelty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Erehwon
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by He Man View Post
    Dragstor over Man E Faces?! ....
    And I'll take Extender over Ram Man if given a choice!!! Heck, I'd even take Ninjor over Clawful.
    Got Fur

    I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior RyanSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    644
    Personally I'd like to see them get to those core Wave 2 heroes sooner rather than later, because I don't think the line is going to last until 2016.

    Imagine having a 'Masters of the Universe Classics' line that has Optikk and Gygor but doesn't have Ram-Man and Man-E-Faces.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,958
    Most of the Vintage figures that sucked (keep in mind, that's a subjective term. I'm referring to the figures that are looked on with disdain by all but the most hardcore of MOTU fans), such as the Rock Lords, Meteorbs, Movie figures, Extendar, Dragstor...you know, the figures that were 99.9997% bad gimmick... came out in later waves.

    OK. First thing: there were NO vintage figures that "sucked" ! Personally, I liked them all, even Rotar, Twisto´d and the Meteorbs !

    Second, the last waves had very nice characters (Scareglow, Sorceress, King Randor, Snake Face, Horde Trooper, Dragstor, Tytus, Megator etc.). Not to mention the greatest playset of all : Eternia ! Well, at least that is what I think.

    We cannot say that the last waves "sucked", nor that 1982-1985 was necessarily the time of the "best" waves. It was just the era in which MOTU was the most popular. MOTU didn't die because of "bad waves of characters". It died mainly because the kids were outgrowing it.

    Now, why didn't we see Ram-Man, Mecaneck, or Man-E-Faces yet ?

    The answer is quite simple : these characters had an action feature that defined them. And Mattel said there would be no action feature (except for Man-E-Faces :at least, we know from Toyguru he should his "action feature"). I think we'll see Man-E-Faces and Roboto soon. Their legs parts are ready. We know Ram-Man won't be for 2010. I don't know about Mekaneck. Ram-Man and Mekaneck are a bigger risk, since the 4 Horsement will have to find a way to make them atractive without their action feature...

  25. #25
    Heroic Warrior RyanSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    OK. First thing: there were NO vintage figures that "sucked" ! Personally, I liked them all, even Rotar, Twisto´d and the Meteorbs !

    Second, the last waves had very nice characters (Scareglow, Sorceress, King Randor, Snake Face, Horde Trooper, Dragstor, Tytus, Megator etc.). Not to mention the greatest playset of all : Eternia ! Well, at least that is what I think.

    We cannot say that the last waves "sucked", nor that 1982-1985 was necessarily the time of the "best" waves. It was just the era in which MOTU was the most popular. MOTU didn't die because of "bad waves of characters". It died mainly because the kids were outgrowing it.

    Now, why didn't we see Ram-Man, Mecaneck, or Man-E-Faces yet ?

    The answer is quite simple : these characters had an action feature that defined them. And Mattel said there would be no action feature (except for Man-E-Faces :at least, we know from Toyguru he should his "action feature"). I think we'll see Man-E-Faces and Roboto soon. Their legs parts are ready. We know Ram-Man won't be for 2010. I don't know about Mekaneck. Ram-Man and Mekaneck are a bigger risk, since the 4 Horsement will have to find a way to make them atractive without their action feature...
    I agree in theory, but if they have the tooling costs to go for a Gygor, then they can easily get the new pieces required for Man-E-Faces and Mekanek. Ram-Man could be a little harder, but that could be just newly tooled legs and armor over the standard body. Mekanek could be interchangeable heads, one with neck extended, one without. And Man-E-Faces action-feature is no more complicated then Tri-Klops, and we go that already. Its the same thing with armor on top.

    I'm pretty sure they already have these guys designed out for the most part, the only reason they aren't up for release yet is that they are the few original classics left, and they are keeping them back in an effort to build the line with PoP/NA/200x/Misc. characters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •