Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1982 Toy Fair reveals!

1982 Toy Fair reveals!

In light of all the 2018 Toy Fair reveals, just thought I'd point out that 36 years ago on February 17, 1982, Mattel introduced its new “Masters of the Universe” toy line at Toy Fair, giving the public its first look at the world of He-Man!

I'll take one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    In light of all the 2018 Toy Fair reveals, just thought I'd point out that 36 years ago on February 17, 1982, Mattel introduced its new “Masters of the Universe” toy line at Toy Fair, giving the public its first look at the world of He-Man!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/701/32...736c858a_b.jpg
    WOW, i think these toys will be so awesome a cartoon series should be made just to promote these.... oh maybe they should do a line of toys based on these for girls and call it She Ra........Princess of power, ooohhh can't contain the possibilities.......

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

So that giant castle belongs to the blue guy, right? I mean, they both have skulls...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

So, YAY!... I love you, Lich Leech, for posting this! And, I love the rest of you for your responding witty remarks. Fun!

(Side note: The Teela figure I received did NOT look like this one shown!)

Your responses are golden, team. A on the day. Thanks for posting this, Lich Leech!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

I don't like the Teela's face :/

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    I don't like the Teela's face :/
    And those wide hips on the final product don't match up with the prototype at all! HUGE FAIL, Mattel! I'm done with this line!
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

You guys are hilarious

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I wonder if they will do a subscription or a pre-order for these? Either way, sign me up!
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Everyone!!

I found the "wish list" page in my mom's latest issue of Family Circle...

I'm gonna check EVERY ONE!!!

I don't know about that castle though... it says it requires assembly...
    Where are the rest of my New Adventures Classics figures?!?!?

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST complete the New Adventures Faction!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Stratos looks so much better with the blue beard.

image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The true power of childhood is imagination.

Looks like an interesting toyline. I already got He-Man (what a dumb name) but mine has brown hair and black boots. Think I got it when I posted in a flyer from a loaf of bread, or something like that.... Can't quite remember. I'm sure it's not important.

Anyway, with the wrong colour paint it's obviously a mistake, so I guess it's going in the bin.

Hey guys, I got a sneak preview of next year's Toy Fair. Bad news - they're putting out some kind of cheap repaint of He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still hoping the prototype Teela finds her way into the Classics. I love the Wind Raider design too.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Repaints already?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Repaints already?
    Exactly... this line will never last!!
    Editor of DWAS publication Cosmic Masque - www.dwasonline.co.uk

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    After months and months and months of waiting, I finally received wave 1 as an early birthday present from mom and dad. My verdict? Horrible!!!

As reported by others on the playground, Stratos' power-punch feature is indeed weak and jerky and my figure just goes "back and forth" when I use it! Also, the plastic on the swords and armor feels cheap, and there are ZERO additional paint hits on Skeletor's armor, sword, and staff! Oh, and in case you were wondering, Beast Man is literally the color of my neon-orange jelly bracelets!! And don't even get me started on Zodac's ability to stand, because he can't. Those rubber leg bands are awful, and whoever came up with those should be fired immediately.

The worst of the bunch of course is Teela, who looks like Nancy Reagan and Richie Cunningham had a baby! This is unacceptable. The QC on these is non-existent! Mattel needs to send someone to the factory in China! My parents paid $4.99 apiece for these figures and they are NOT what we were shown in the JCPenny catalog!

I called the Mattel customer service 800 number on the back of the minicomic/package (these mini-"comics" are absolutely terrible, by the way. The stories are poorly written and make no sense, and the artwork is kind of ugly. Beast Man is colored all red in one of them). Anyway, after waiting on hold for what seemed like hours, I was told, "just ask your mommy and daddy to return it to the store, sweetie."

With customer service like that, this line will definitely not last into 1983. The new prototype pics look ok (except for that cheap blue He-Man) but I'm seriously considering walking away. If I ever decide to do some chores around the house (yeah, right!), I'll spend my allowance on Kenner products.

I am not trying to be harsh, but kids who like these figures must be stupid. No offense.

I hope somebody from Mattel is reading this. I was all-in, but now I'm unsure if I will throw another tantrum to force mom and dad to get me wave 2.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; February 28, 2018 at 11:32pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    After months and months of waiting for my presents, I finally received wave 1 as an early birthday gift from mom and dad. Horrible!!!

As reported by others on the playground, Stratos' power-punch feature is indeed weak and jerky and my figure just goes "back and forth" when I use it! Also, the plastic on the swords and armor feels cheap, and there are ZERO additional paint hits on Skeletor's armor, sword, and staff! Oh, and in case you were wondering, Beast Man is literally the color of my neon-orange jelly bracelets!! And don't even get me started on Zodac's ability to stand, because he can't. Those rubber leg bands are awful, and whoever came up with those should be fired immediately.

The worst of the bunch of course is Teela, who looks like Nancy Reagan and Richie Cunningham had a baby! This is unacceptable. The QC on these is non-existent! Mattel needs to send someone to the factory in China! My parents paid $4.99 apiece for these figures and they are NOT what we were shown in the JCPenny catalog!

I called the Mattel customer service 800 number on the back of the minicomic/package (these mini-"comics" are absolutely terrible, by the way. The stories are poorly written and make no sense, and the artwork is kind of ugly. Beast Man is colored all red in one of them). Anyway, after waiting on hold for what seemed like hours, I was told, "just ask your mommy and daddy to return it to the store, sweetie."

With customer service like that, this line will definitely not last into 1983. The new prototype pics look ok (except for that cheap blue He-Man) but I'm seriously considering asking my parents not to buy me anymore MOTU. If I ever decide to do some chores around the house (yeah, right!), I'll spend my allowance on Kenner products.

I am not trying to be harsh, but kids who like these figures must be stupid. No offense.

I hope somebody from Mattel is reading this. I was all-in, but now I'm unsure if I will throw another tantrum to force mom and dad to get me wave 2.
    I'm dead
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Points made, points taken..! 1000000 points to each and every one of you..! This thread is hillariously funny..!
    Leech sucks..!

I love all of you people rn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Penny, your post certainly takes the cake Well played, well played.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Hey guys, these toys are officially out in stores today. Any early reviews? How's Teela's butt looking?

Heroic Warrior
    Who put Mer-man in the Wind Raider? They have a villain driving a heroic vehicle! Does anyone at this company even know their own toyline?! Who is taking these pictures? And I swear that green piece of crap is just my Big Jim Tiger! How about some new tooling for my money! The biggest toy company in the world and they're that cheap. Stick to Hot Wheels!