Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching NA for the First Time Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    As for how He-man got into the statue, you need to remember it was an awfully long time ago and millions of words ago that I wrote that episode. My recollection is that He-man (covertly) had the statue shipped as a gift and that it was erected in the fountain, He-man hiding inside. But as I said, it was a looooooooong time ago. I can guarantee you that however he did it, it made sense and was logical.

The final editing, as I said, still irritates me after all these years.
    I can certainly understand it having been years and many scripts ago, I just thought that perhaps with the discussion prior here about the episode and that you knew it was 3 scenes that perhaps you had recently come across the script or the storyboards that would've shown what was cut.

I can't say the explaination sounded very good, even if it would allow the episode to make sense.

Anyway, onto new episode time!

11. The Gift

Flogg leads a failed fighter attack, and returns to a party thrown by Skeletor, who's shocked to learn that Flogg has failed without him. Skeletor boasts his own plan and has Flogg offer a gift of peace and goodwill and perhaps end their aggression.

Sebrian accepts, uncertain and suspicious, but recieves the gift all the same in the form of cute, cuddly, and clearly evil dangerous beasties. Who set off a Furby/Beanybaby craze on Primus.

Time passes and everyone has one, there are even a half dozen or so on The Eternia, which means they must reproduce like mad, making them evil death triibbles! Then they transform, growing in size and ferocity and attack everywhere at once. It turns out they're being controlled by Skeletor who can additionally work some magic through them, as well as use them as a mouthpiece.

He-man does his best, but is far outnumbered with too many problems across the planet to contain the situation. He does gain one noted plus as he fights to rescue Caz in that the beasties are all robots, which of course, gives him free license to destroy them however he wants. Ultimately it's futile, Sebrian gives He-man the shield key and sends him and Mara off to the wilderness to get away from the invasion force, as the Mutants are coming to bolster the forces of the monsters.

He-man retreats with Mara while a Monster speaking for Skeletor vows that he will find them...

Notes:

-Skeletors party was a LOL moment.

-The Mutant fighters should be a far superior fighter to the Astrosub just based on design. Add in that the mutants have one thanks to Caz and they should have some major tactical advantages.

-Interesting that the Mutants all retreat out of the shield rather then crashland or flat out land on Primus as part of, you know, an invasion?

-Flogg's call for the retreat is an interesting shot, it's a near 180 pan around his face as he makes the call.

-The peacefull planet of Primus, with it's tanks, fighters, troops. Such a utopia!

-Caz wasn't bad, but it was Drissi's turn to be annoying.

-Seems the people of Primus know nothing about segregating and watching foreign fauna to make sure they don't do harm to the ecosystem, let alone one that comes from Skeletor.

-He-man is quite fortunate that he can destroy the monsters because they're robots. Had they been cyborgs or technorganic, what then, would he have been SOL?

-They're robots, not androids. Androids look like people.

-I figured after seeing they were robots, He-man would come up with a Deus Ex Machina to destroy them all across the planet. When it turned into a two parter, I was honestly surprised and a little delighted.

Overall I'm hesitant to give it a score until I see part two, but so far, 7/10.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
    I can certainly understand it having been years and many scripts ago, I just thought that perhaps with the discussion prior here about the episode and that you knew it was 3 scenes that perhaps you had recently come across the script or the storyboards that would've shown what was cut.

I can't say the explaination sounded very good, even if it would allow the episode to make sense.

Anyway, onto new episode time!

11. The Gift

Flogg leads a failed fighter attack, and returns to a party thrown by Skeletor, who's shocked to learn that Flogg has failed without him. Skeletor boasts his own plan and has Flogg offer a gift of peace and goodwill and perhaps end their aggression.

Sebrian accepts, uncertain and suspicious, but recieves the gift all the same in the form of cute, cuddly, and clearly evil dangerous beasties. Who set off a Furby/Beanybaby craze on Primus.

Time passes and everyone has one, there are even a half dozen or so on The Eternia, which means they must reproduce like mad, making them evil death triibbles! Then they transform, growing in size and ferocity and attack everywhere at once. It turns out they're being controlled by Skeletor who can additionally work some magic through them, as well as use them as a mouthpiece.

He-man does his best, but is far outnumbered with too many problems across the planet to contain the situation. He does gain one noted plus as he fights to rescue Caz in that the beasties are all robots, which of course, gives him free license to destroy them however he wants. Ultimately it's futile, Sebrian gives He-man the shield key and sends him and Mara off to the wilderness to get away from the invasion force, as the Mutants are coming to bolster the forces of the monsters.

He-man retreats with Mara while a Monster speaking for Skeletor vows that he will find them...

Notes:

-Skeletors party was a LOL moment.

-The Mutant fighters should be a far superior fighter to the Astrosub just based on design. Add in that the mutants have one thanks to Caz and they should have some major tactical advantages.

-Interesting that the Mutants all retreat out of the shield rather then crashland or flat out land on Primus as part of, you know, an invasion?

-Flogg's call for the retreat is an interesting shot, it's a near 180 pan around his face as he makes the call.

-The peacefull planet of Primus, with it's tanks, fighters, troops. Such a utopia!

-Caz wasn't bad, but it was Drissi's turn to be annoying.

-Seems the people of Primus know nothing about segregating and watching foreign fauna to make sure they don't do harm to the ecosystem, let alone one that comes from Skeletor.

-He-man is quite fortunate that he can destroy the monsters because they're robots. Had they been cyborgs or technorganic, what then, would he have been SOL?

-They're robots, not androids. Androids look like people.

-I figured after seeing they were robots, He-man would come up with a Deus Ex Machina to destroy them all across the planet. When it turned into a two parter, I was honestly surprised and a little delighted.

Overall I'm hesitant to give it a score until I see part two, but so far, 7/10.
    It's regrettable the ending didn't sound very good to you, and even more regrettable that you weren't around back then to collaborate with me and help to make it more to your taste.

Pravus - it's not a two-parter, but the beginning of a multi-episode arc! This arc was AWESOME - my favorite in the series - and had a lot of echoes to She-Ra and the Great Rebellion.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

New episode time!

12. Skeletors Victory

This episode was awesome and the story continues, this isn't a two parter, but a multiparter! I guess that's not much of a synopsis, so Skeletor takes Onnor, He-man gains allies, and we discover another weakness of the Zepps; that they return to furby form if they're wet.

Notes:

-Mara was getting annoying with her whining.

-Floggs party for Skeletor was great.

-No Caz!

-Wait a second, Primus has a weapon that will destroy most of the Tri-Solar system? They're the good guys? Does the Tri-Solar council know of this weapon of cosmic destruction?

-Didn't care much for the Sorceress using the Jedi Mind Trick, or He-mans levitate and hurl bricks trick.

-I'm not sure, but it seemed like the landing gear on The Eternia changed, I think it was just struts, but here it seems like wheeled landing gear.

-Does Staghorn only have one eye?

-No Caz.

-This episode was top notch!

Overall, again, it's part of an arc, so sometimes it's hard to judge without seeing the whole arc, but so far, 9.5/10

In the episode "festival of lights" He-man recieves the gift of Clobber, and semi robotic bird strangley reminding me of Screech for the original series, except with red wings. Now I havent seen the whole sereis yet but does he every make a come back in this series. It would have served as a great sidekick to Adam!(cringer type character)

Yeah, Clobber is in a few episodes.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

New episode time!

13. He-man in Exile

He-man starts a resistance and wages a guerilla war. Elsewhere the mutants take more of Primus. He-man scores a major victory by helping a mirror making town force the mutants back.

Notes:

-The narrator who tells us what happened previously took a large number of liberties, including some outright falsehoods in catching us up.

-The scientists are badass in this episode.

-Wow, He-man sure is swell, isn't he? He turned a town that's had peace full of pacifists into a top notch warriors!

-Flogg and Skeletor have some great dialogue ("Try not to ruin any more Terror Claws, Flogg has really been on me about that."). In fact most of the mutants do. They even high five each other. Flogg relaxing and having some wine (Or, in a kids show, other drink) was nice to see as well.

-Skeletors getting brighter all the time, suspecting his trap may have a trap within it set by He-man. On the downside, he didn't use any of his magics in this episode oddly.

-The shot of Skeletors reflection cracking and shattering was amazing.

-As a generality, it seemed like the animation in this episode was slow, like everyone was moving at 3/4 speed.

-You ever wonder if He-man just wants to *****-slap Mara?

-No Caz.

-Still don't care much for the buttinski, The Sorceress, at least she stopped repeating herself. Herself. Herself.

-I thought that with Sorceress' lesson about teaching them to fight for themselves that we'd see Adams chance to shine rather then a transformation and He-man doing it. After all, way to teach them to fight for themselves by turning into the most powerful man in the universe and fighting the first battle for them!

-Vita, or whatever the little girls name was annoying as hell, she just couldn't move from being stomped by a Terror Claw, could she?

-I figured we'd see a fire hose sooner or later to deal with the Anodroids.

-Speaking of which, self correction, the death tribbles/furbys are Anodroids, not androids as I thought they were called.

-The thought occured to me that we haven't seen Grrr in some time, hope we see him again later.

-Wow, this storyarc is more then a three-parter, I'm impressed.

Overall, a delightful episode, in fact it seemed like it just flew by. 9.5/10

New Day UPDATE Since no one has posted since my last one, the posts are automerged.

New episode time!

14. The Seeds of Resistance

Adam and Mara stage a jailbreak, only for it to have been ultimately arranged by Skeletor to find the secret fighter base by bugging Sebrian. Sebrian has Gleep (Or is it U-R?) take his bugged cloak to a frozen lake. Skeletor and his troops arrive and it turns into a trap by Sebrian. The Zepps are defeated by mud, the soldiers on the ice are defeated by the magic of the powersword, and the bad guys are forced into retreat.

Notes:

-Recap narrator is still biased.

-I had thought that Skeletor had deduced the fighter base to be in the bird sanctuary. In fact, one part of the series ended with him figuring it out. What happened?

-There not being a secret fighter base is a wonderful touch. I definately get a feel that Skeletor and Sebrian are in a chess battle with their strategies and counterstrategies.

-Skeletor's sudden change in tone and spontaneous dancing with Crita was a nice touch. Maybe it's me, but they seem to have something going on. Or maybe I say that because Skeletor totally oogled her a few episodes ago.

-No Grrr.

-No Caz!

-He-man doesn't seem to think much of Hydron and Flipshot.

-Didn't Adam just transform in front of everyone at the prison?

-As an aside, I really like The Eternia's design. Seems like a good Sci-Fi ship.

-While I think the reclaiming of Primus was too fast as I knew it would be, it's at least plausable that most of Floggs forces were at the battle and that there really wasn't that much force necessary to keep most of Primus subjugated. Then add in that The Eternia and He-man's presence would cause most of the stormtrooper mutants to flee and I'm willing to accept a shortcut for stories sake.

-I'm surprised Skeletor didn't teleport away when the iceberg went over the river.

-Speaking of which, anyone care to explain to me how the lake is frozen when the rest of the area seems neither cold nor frozen? Convection and all that would mean that either it should be cold there or the lake isn't frozen.

-You'd probably think that I had a problem with the powersword pretty much wrapping up the story, blasting the ice, warming the water, blowing the dam, but I don't. The part I did have a problem with was He-man sliding down Gleeps light beam.

Overall, I'd say this was the weakest of the Occupation of Primus storyarc, but it's still a fine episode. 9/10
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; March 4, 2010 at 09:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Still really enjoying reading your thoughts on the series.

-Skeletor's sudden change in tone and spontaneous dancing with Crita was a nice touch. Maybe it's me, but they seem to have something going on. Or maybe I say that because Skeletor totally oogled her a few episodes ago.
    There's definitely something going on between them, they get a lot more flirtatious as the series goes on.

While I think the reclaiming of Primus was too fast as I knew it would be, it's at least plausable that most of Floggs forces were at the battle and that there really wasn't that much force necessary to keep most of Primus subjugated. Then add in that The Eternia and He-man's presence would cause most of the stormtrooper mutants to flee and I'm willing to accept a shortcut for stories sake.
    Well, they haven't reclaimed Primus just yet, a battle was won, but not the war...
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Unfortunately I've had some issues in real life that's taken top priority, so I hadn't been able to review any episodes, I apologize to both of the people reading this thread.

I should also explain that I am really trying to be as spoiler free as possible as I view the series, I want it to be as much like I was watching it as it aired and before the age of internet spoilers rather then watching it post-series as catch-up so that I can get a truly authentic viewing experience, since as I mentioned, this is one of the very few series I'm interested in that I honestly know nothing about. To that end I've been avoiding pretty much every thread in this forum and I tend not to even read posts here until after I've done the next episode review for fear of a major spoiler. I've seen far too many threads about first time viewings have people post spoilers in the thread and ruin it for the viewer; for example in a thread of someone watching Beast Wars for the first time, someone posted in the thread about the death of a primary character, ruining the entire buildup and payoff for the viewer. So if I don't respond or incorporate anything that's said before the next review, that's why. I do appreciate all the posts in this thread, and seeing the automerge I'm glad to get them to seperate out reviews to keep them from all being lumped into one superpost that doesn't show any updates to the thread. Part of the cost of the internet is that it's all too easy to lose the element of surprise, so please, let me be surprised, even wrong in my reviews. Nor should you think that I'm snubbing you if I don't respond, I appreciate every post in this thread that's not mine.

Today I've had a chance to have a mini-marathon, so here's a bunch of episodes!

15. The battle for Levitan

Skeletor pulls his ace in the hole, he uses the tractor beam on the mothership to yank Levitan almost out of the atmosphere, unless He-man surrenders. The rebellion ends up turning the tables, repulsing the Mothership and driving off the mutants, ending the Occupation of Primus storyarc.

Notes:

-Adam is on his way to becoming a Jedi Knight I see, he can pull the Jedi Mind trick. I wonder if he'll ever use that for his own personal gain?

-The sword of power pushed the envelope on what was believable during the stint aboard the Mothership.

-Skeletor and Slush Head really play well off each other. Plus it helps that both had a lot of great dialogue. I had a good laugh at the giant hologram of Skeletor scaring the squirrel things.

-Again we see the interplay between Skeletor and Sebrians strategies.

-Skeletors banner was neat.

-The Eternia is a nifty starship.

-Caz wasn't annoying

-No Grrr.

-As I said, Skeletors toxic zap that we saw way back when could've allowed him to win the day, he could've used it to force the population to submit and take care of any strong (Grotz) resistors to him, including He-man when Slush Head brought him in.

-What happened to the blast that Skeletor launched from his staff before he smacked Drissi?

-I figured He-man broke free when Skeletor whispered that he was going to kill the people of Levitan anyway because Skeletor was going to break his word, not that he was waiting for the people to rise up.

-I still have the thought that Skeletor is the good guy and He-man the bad, for whatever reason. Even with the occupation.

-I thought He-man in the Mutant Stormtrooper outfit was a good look for him.

-Maybe it's me, but I saw the scientists as the greater heroes then He-man. They worked with nothing to find the weakness of the Anadroids, they came up with a Terrorclaw/Anadroid hybrid, they created the fighters, and led the people in the real revolt at the ceremony. Yet He-man gets the credit. Yeesh.

-A Five-parter, wow.

-So He-mans lesson to the pacifists of Primus, "Take up arms or lose your freedom". So very heroic and respectful of their lifestyle.

Overall, this has been a great series of episodes and it told a strong story effectively. Great characterization all around and a solid performance by everyone. 9.7/10

16. Crack in the World.

Skeletor tricks the scientists into creating Energone and nearly destroying Primus with it. He-man uses nonsense to win.

Notes:

-Well, I'll get this out of the way, I didn't buy the resolution one little bit. Evil defeats evil? A single blast from the Havoc staff completely destroys the Energone and dues ex machinas the problem, restoring every crack, every building, every machine, everything back to the way it was. No. I can buy that it stops the process and destroys the sphere, but not that it undoes everything lickety split.

-Energone? Really? Heck, in the Australian Headmasters dub, they pronounce it the same way as do many of the Japanese series.

-I've met Gary Chalk. I've talked with Gary Chalk. I like Gary Chalk, but if He-man was supposed to be in despair, that's a major voice acting failure either on the performance or the directing side. Especially when you compare to his job in Beast Machines when he voiced a character who had been beaten and had lost all hope for a time.

-Skeletor had several LOL lines.

-If the mutants don't have anyone who's very smart, where did the mothership, fighters, walkers, weapons, and other technological goodies come from?

-I've liked the scientists until the end when they were fighting over credit, I would've prefered had they learned their lesson and given the credit to Gabel; after all, that was (or should've been) the moral of the story.

Overall it was a pretty good episode, but I just couldn't take the ending and felt there was a misstep with the moral. 4.5/10

17. Escape from Gaolotia

Skeletor captures Drissi and Caz aboard a prision ship. As if that's not enough, he's got a magnetic beam pulling in a comet to destroy said prision ship.

Notes:

-Grrr!!! Yay, we see Grr again!

-More interplay between Skeletor and Crita. I was actually a little surprised when he seemed to be willing to abandon her to the comet.

-So Caz and Drissi stole an Astrosub to go after what they thought was their mother. How? I'm not talking about getting the sub, but how did they have the slightest clue on where to go? How does that hypnobeam work? How were they contacted on Primus through the shield? If it can do that it should be able to be a lot more useful! They could plant subliminal thoughts in Sebrian and others and more.

-Wait, Skeletor puts Drissi and Caz in the same cell, bids them farewell, then walks away, speaking his thoughts aloud as he walks away to... the cell where Drissi and Caz are? Shouldn't he have ended up in the hanger or somewhere, anywhere else!?

-We have an instance of failing to adhere to Checkov's gun in that we see the cloaking device on The Eternia, yet there's no payoff or reason for it. If it comes up in a later episode, it should have been introduced then.

-Is the sword of power like Lassie? It warbles in his hand and He-man instantly deduces that it's a magnetic beam.

-He-man continues to show that he can breathe in space. It's quite clear when we get actual decompression of the shuttle bay then He-man enters from outside. I could've been argued around him earlier when he was getting the magnetic beam, but the bay sequence is quite clear that he's entering from the vacuum of space. Plus he seems to have been out there for some time, without a shirt on and doesn't freeze or suffer other injuries.

-Was the warden the only personnel on the ship? What's the purposes of cells if they're in space?

-Speaking of which, the very nature of a prison spaceship brings up a lot of interesting questions about the Tri-solar sytems legal system. Especially given how there wasn't a single human in the prison!

-Sorceress loves to tell he man about "The way of the magic" as the solution to all of his problems. Why bother telling him anything if that's all you're going to offer him?

-Skeletor really went overboard in this episode. He could've just gone Arkham Asylum on He-man, but no, there was this whole unneeded and ultimately pointless plot about the comet collision.

Overall, this episode was a good idea, but ultimately failed for me plotwise with too many holes. 3/10

18. He-man Mutant

Skeletor plants a device to disrupt the brains of the council members on a ship that is captured by the guardians, He-man decides to disguise himeslf as a mutant to uncover Skeletors plot, but is actually turned into a mutant.

Notes:

-Clever plan by Skeletor, once again he's led the Mutants to taking Primus, albeit for a brief time.

-The plot was a bit obvious; the mutant-maker exploding when it's rebooted, He-man returning to normal once he says his magic phrase, Clobber getting the device.

-I had a chuckle at Quake not even wanting his vision-call.

-I really like The Eternia, but man she needs either a thicker hide or a shield system. She fell out of the sky with a lovetap practically.

Overall, not the best episode, but a solid one. 6/10

19. Juggernaut

Hydron and Flipshot rescue a little girl fleeing from mutants. But everything isn't as they seem when she reveals a secret.

Notes:

-Flipshot doesn't really understand the concept of duty, does he? Reading during patrol?

-This episode is part of the reason why I don't trust little girls. Especially blonde ones.

-Didn't Adam change into He-man in plain sight of Sebrian and Mara again?

-Holy crap, Fedora is a terminator!

-The end of the episode caught me by surprise, launching the Juggernaut back at them.

-Speaking of which, kind of bizarre that both sides called the Juggernaut by name.

Overall an enjoyable episode. 8/10

20. Fading Star

He-man comes across an ancient distress signal and frees the surviving passenger from cryogenic stasis, a space cowboy (not named Maurice).

Notes:

-Hydron boards the ruined ship with his mask and helmet on. He-man, as usual, has nothing. Why? Because he doesn't need to breathe nor worry about exposure to vacuum.

-Primus has Holodecks that have violent simulations. Perfectly natural for a pacifist socieity.

-Contrary to the earlier episode we have a proper Checkov's gun with the holo-emmitter.

-Skeletor and Flogg as movie critics were funny. Skeletor in the western outfit was funnier. I like that he was wearing a 10 gallon hat over his helmet, but hey, he probably got it at West Star and how many chances is he going to get?

-Sebrian must be ancient.

-Caz's "I know!" made me laugh.

-Overall the animation seemed better then usual.

Overall, a delightful episode. 9/10

21. Skeletors Revenge

It's basically Tron.

Notes:

-Flogg often berates Skeletor, but this is something like the fourth time in just a few stories that Skeletor has conquered Primus.

-Gleep had some good lines.

-I wasn't expecting He-man to befriend the program, that was a nice touch.

-The mutant retreat seemed a bit hasty, but if the entire planets computer systems are against you, it's understandable.

-Skeletor having fertilizer flung in his face... wow, I'm surprised that scene made it past the censors and it wasn't changed to dirt.

Overall, a fun episode. 9/10

Unfortunately I've had some issues in real life that's taken top priority, so I hadn't been able to review any episodes, I apologize to both of the people reading this thread.

I should also explain that I am really trying to be as spoiler free as possible as I view the series, I want it to be as much like I was watching it as it aired and before the age of internet spoilers rather then watching it post-series as catch-up so that I can get a truly authentic viewing experience, since as I mentioned, this is one of the very few series I'm interested in that I honestly know nothing about. To that end I've been avoiding pretty much every thread in this forum and I tend not to even read posts here until after I've done the next episode review for fear of a major spoiler. I've seen far too many threads about first time viewings have people post spoilers in the thread and ruin it for the viewer; for example in a thread of someone watching Beast Wars for the first time, someone posted in the thread about the death of a primary character, ruining the entire buildup and payoff for the viewer. So if I don't respond or incorporate anything that's said before the next review, that's why. I do appreciate all the posts in this thread, and seeing the automerge I'm glad to get them to seperate out reviews to keep them from all being lumped into one superpost that doesn't show any updates to the thread. Part of the cost of the internet is that it's all too easy to lose the element of surprise, so please, let me be surprised, even wrong in my reviews. Nor should you think that I'm snubbing you if I don't respond, I appreciate every post in this thread that's not mine.

Today I've had a chance to have a mini-marathon, so here's a bunch of episodes!

15. The battle for Levitan

Skeletor pulls his ace in the hole, he uses the tractor beam on the mothership to yank Levitan almost out of the atmosphere, unless He-man surrenders. The rebellion ends up turning the tables, repulsing the Mothership and driving off the mutants, ending the Occupation of Primus storyarc.

Notes:

-Adam is on his way to becoming a Jedi Knight I see, he can pull the Jedi Mind trick. I wonder if he'll ever use that for his own personal gain?

-The sword of power pushed the envelope on what was believable during the stint aboard the Mothership.

-Skeletor and Slush Head really play well off each other. Plus it helps that both had a lot of great dialogue. I had a good laugh at the giant hologram of Skeletor scaring the squirrel things.

-Again we see the interplay between Skeletor and Sebrians strategies.

-Skeletors banner was neat.

-The Eternia is a nifty starship.

-Caz wasn't annoying

-No Grrr.

-As I said, Skeletors toxic zap that we saw way back when could've allowed him to win the day, he could've used it to force the population to submit and take care of any strong (Grotz) resistors to him, including He-man when Slush Head brought him in.

-What happened to the blast that Skeletor launched from his staff before he smacked Drissi?

-I figured He-man broke free when Skeletor whispered that he was going to kill the people of Levitan anyway because Skeletor was going to break his word, not that he was waiting for the people to rise up.

-I still have the thought that Skeletor is the good guy and He-man the bad, for whatever reason. Even with the occupation.

-I thought He-man in the Mutant Stormtrooper outfit was a good look for him.

-Maybe it's me, but I saw the scientists as the greater heroes then He-man. They worked with nothing to find the weakness of the Anadroids, they came up with a Terrorclaw/Anadroid hybrid, they created the fighters, and led the people in the real revolt at the ceremony. Yet He-man gets the credit. Yeesh.

-A Five-parter, wow.

-So He-mans lesson to the pacifists of Primus, "Take up arms or lose your freedom". So very heroic and respectful of their lifestyle.

Overall, this has been a great series of episodes and it told a strong story effectively. Great characterization all around and a solid performance by everyone. 9.7/10

16. Crack in the World.

Skeletor tricks the scientists into creating Energone and nearly destroying Primus with it. He-man uses nonsense to win.

Notes:

-Well, I'll get this out of the way, I didn't buy the resolution one little bit. Evil defeats evil? A single blast from the Havoc staff completely destroys the Energone and dues ex machinas the problem, restoring every crack, every building, every machine, everything back to the way it was. No. I can buy that it stops the process and destroys the sphere, but not that it undoes everything lickety split.

-Energone? Really? Heck, in the Australian Headmasters dub, they pronounce it the same way as do many of the Japanese series.

-I've met Gary Chalk. I've talked with Gary Chalk. I like Gary Chalk, but if He-man was supposed to be in despair, that's a major voice acting failure either on the performance or the directing side. Especially when you compare to his job in Beast Machines when he voiced a character who had been beaten and had lost all hope for a time.

-Skeletor had several LOL lines.

-If the mutants don't have anyone who's very smart, where did the mothership, fighters, walkers, weapons, and other technological goodies come from?

-I've liked the scientists until the end when they were fighting over credit, I would've prefered had they learned their lesson and given the credit to Gabel; after all, that was (or should've been) the moral of the story.

Overall it was a pretty good episode, but I just couldn't take the ending and felt there was a misstep with the moral. 4.5/10

17. Escape from Gaolotia

Skeletor captures Drissi and Caz aboard a prision ship. As if that's not enough, he's got a magnetic beam pulling in a comet to destroy said prision ship.

Notes:

-Grrr!!! Yay, we see Grr again!

-More interplay between Skeletor and Crita. I was actually a little surprised when he seemed to be willing to abandon her to the comet.

-So Caz and Drissi stole an Astrosub to go after what they thought was their mother. How? I'm not talking about getting the sub, but how did they have the slightest clue on where to go? How does that hypnobeam work? How were they contacted on Primus through the shield? If it can do that it should be able to be a lot more useful! They could plant subliminal thoughts in Sebrian and others and more.

-Wait, Skeletor puts Drissi and Caz in the same cell, bids them farewell, then walks away, speaking his thoughts aloud as he walks away to... the cell where Drissi and Caz are? Shouldn't he have ended up in the hanger or somewhere, anywhere else!?

-We have an instance of failing to adhere to Checkov's gun in that we see the cloaking device on The Eternia, yet there's no payoff or reason for it. If it comes up in a later episode, it should have been introduced then.

-Is the sword of power like Lassie? It warbles in his hand and He-man instantly deduces that it's a magnetic beam.

-He-man continues to show that he can breathe in space. It's quite clear when we get actual decompression of the shuttle bay then He-man enters from outside. I could've been argued around him earlier when he was getting the magnetic beam, but the bay sequence is quite clear that he's entering from the vacuum of space. Plus he seems to have been out there for some time, without a shirt on and doesn't freeze or suffer other injuries.

-Was the warden the only personnel on the ship? What's the purposes of cells if they're in space?

-Speaking of which, the very nature of a prison spaceship brings up a lot of interesting questions about the Tri-solar sytems legal system. Especially given how there wasn't a single human in the prison!

-Sorceress loves to tell he man about "The way of the magic" as the solution to all of his problems. Why bother telling him anything if that's all you're going to offer him?

-Skeletor really went overboard in this episode. He could've just gone Arkham Asylum on He-man, but no, there was this whole unneeded and ultimately pointless plot about the comet collision.

Overall, this episode was a good idea, but ultimately failed for me plotwise with too many holes. 3/10

18. He-man Mutant

Skeletor plants a device to disrupt the brains of the council members on a ship that is captured by the guardians, He-man decides to disguise himeslf as a mutant to uncover Skeletors plot, but is actually turned into a mutant.

Notes:

-Clever plan by Skeletor, once again he's led the Mutants to taking Primus, albeit for a brief time.

-The plot was a bit obvious; the mutant-maker exploding when it's rebooted, He-man returning to normal once he says his magic phrase, Clobber getting the device.

-I had a chuckle at Quake not even wanting his vision-call.

-I really like The Eternia, but man she needs either a thicker hide or a shield system. She fell out of the sky with a lovetap practically.

Overall, not the best episode, but a solid one. 6/10

19. Juggernaut

Hydron and Flipshot rescue a little girl fleeing from mutants. But everything isn't as they seem when she reveals a secret.

Notes:

-Flipshot doesn't really understand the concept of duty, does he? Reading during patrol?

-This episode is part of the reason why I don't trust little girls. Especially blonde ones.

-Didn't Adam change into He-man in plain sight of Sebrian and Mara again?

-Holy crap, Fedora is a terminator!

-The end of the episode caught me by surprise, launching the Juggernaut back at them.

-Speaking of which, kind of bizarre that both sides called the Juggernaut by name.

Overall an enjoyable episode. 8/10

20. Fading Star

He-man comes across an ancient distress signal and frees the surviving passenger from cryogenic stasis, a space cowboy (not named Maurice).

Notes:

-Hydron boards the ruined ship with his mask and helmet on. He-man, as usual, has nothing. Why? Because he doesn't need to breathe nor worry about exposure to vacuum.

-Primus has Holodecks that have violent simulations. Perfectly natural for a pacifist socieity.

-Contrary to the earlier episode we have a proper Checkov's gun with the holo-emmitter.

-Skeletor and Flogg as movie critics were funny. Skeletor in the western outfit was funnier. I like that he was wearing a 10 gallon hat over his helmet, but hey, he probably got it at West Star and how many chances is he going to get?

-Sebrian must be ancient.

-Caz's "I know!" made me laugh.

-Overall the animation seemed better then usual.

Overall, a delightful episode. 9/10

21. Skeletors Revenge

It's basically Tron.

Notes:

-Flogg often berates Skeletor, but this is something like the fourth time in just a few stories that Skeletor has conquered Primus.

-Gleep had some good lines.

-I wasn't expecting He-man to befriend the program, that was a nice touch.

-The mutant retreat seemed a bit hasty, but if the entire planets computer systems are against you, it's understandable.

-Skeletor having fertilizer flung in his face... wow, I'm surprised that scene made it past the censors and it wasn't changed to dirt.

Overall, a fun episode. 9/10
    You "apologize to both of the people reading this thread"? Surely that's either a typo or not what you intended to mean. You've got tons of people reading this thread. Just because everyone who reads it doesn't post does not mean there are not a lot of people looking at it. You've already had over 600 views!

If you need further proof let me tell you about the deluge of PMs and e-mails I've gotten since you started this thread, ranging from "What do you think of his analysis, Jack?" to "Hey, he's really nice." to "Don't you just want to string this guy up?!" all depending on the tone and ranking of your individual reviews. (You should know that in the NA forum many fans tend to be extremely protective of me; not that I need protecting as I have an elephant-thick hide when it comes to constructive and civil criticism. The reality, however, is that in some of the other threads there are plenty of fans who -- at least used to -- want to string me up for having created NA in the first place! )

And just to set the record straight and save me the time of having to respond to everyone -- and I really am grateful for everyone's protectiveness -- I'm truly enjoying Pravus Prime's posts. I think anyone who knows me, has read my posts and threads through the years, chatted with me in the chat room or listened to my interview on Masterscast Episode 25, knows I not only am open to but welcome constructive, civil criticism. I certainly don't expect everyone to like what I write or what I do, and criticism offers me an opportunity to see things from a different perspective. Being open to different points of view -- when posed in a civil manner rather than a ranting one -- is a boon to any writer and it's one of the reasons I love being on the board and consider it a blessing to be here.

So thanks, Pravus Prime, and keep those analyses coming.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; March 11, 2010 at 06:56pm.

I love reading your write-ups too.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Hey everyone.

I'm sure some of you are wondering what's been going on and why hasn't there been any reviews. As some of you may have picked up on from the last postings, things have not been going well for me. I actually lost my main source of employment entirely due to circumstances beyond my control, (the building was closed and they're having unforeseen difficulties in relocating us) having nothing to do with me directly or my skills. I've been spending time scrambling to get some income into my home and really haven't had time of late to respond to any PMs or continue reviewing episodes here, so I apologize for that.

Honestly life has completely sucked for me beyond just the simple loss of employment and income, but I don't want to get all emo on you people, suffice to say that if it could go wrong lately, it seems to have.

I'd like to think that in the next few days I'll have some things straightened out and have both the time and the will to return to reviewing episodes, but for now, I think you should consider this topic on haitus.

Hey everyone.

I'm sure some of you are wondering what's been going on and why hasn't there been any reviews. As some of you may have picked up on from the last postings, things have not been going well for me. I actually lost my main source of employment entirely due to circumstances beyond my control, (the building was closed and they're having unforeseen difficulties in relocating us) having nothing to do with me directly or my skills. I've been spending time scrambling to get some income into my home and really haven't had time of late to respond to any PMs or continue reviewing episodes here, so I apologize for that.

Honestly life has completely sucked for me beyond just the simple loss of employment and income, but I don't want to get all emo on you people, suffice to say that if it could go wrong lately, it seems to have.

I'd like to think that in the next few days I'll have some things straightened out and have both the time and the will to return to reviewing episodes, but for now, I think you should consider this topic on haitus.
    I'll keep a good thought for you.

Just some unsolicited advice: if you've a mind to you might think about starting a thread about your situation on the Other Disccussions for. Except for around here, I'm a very private person and I don't like to burden others with my problems when they occur. But I've noticed a number of people have posted there and have gotten great support from the community and sometimes good advice. the back-and-forth can occassionally lead to unexpected by-ways that can be helpful.

I wish you the best.

Hello, hello! Roger me, wilco me, anything! Hello, hello!

Well, it's taken a lot longer then I thought, but things appear to be returning to normal. I've got some time now so I can return to reviewing this fine series. If I remember what happened so far!

I should have a review up by Monday of the next episode.

Good to hear things are picking up for you. I actually enjoy these reviews. So you have quite a few people reading them!
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

New episode time! (Finally!)

22. The Mind Lens

Skeletor digs up the titular Mind Lens, which allows him to mind control anyone. Anywhere. After testing his powers by controlling Grotz, he uses it first to force Hydron to call off an attack and try to have peace declared, then later to try to ram The Eternia into Levitan. He-man gets in the way and ends up nearly controlled himself, until a group of well-wishers turn the tables. Skeletor later breaks the mirror threatening Flogg.

Notes

-First and foremost, I thought that the Mind Lens opened up all sorts of darker possiblities that would allow Skeletor to win. Suicide Bombers, council members, engineers. Just taking control of people for just a few moments at a time, over the course of a month or so he could've conquered the planet. It really is a godly weapon used right. Granted, since this is a 21 minute kids cartoon, it wouldn't be, but the potential for absolute mayham is there.

-I find it interesting that an object buried on Denebria, called the Denebrian Lens a very long time ago is practically common knowledge to council members Werban and Sebrian, as well as in an ancient tome on Primus.

-Who was He-man talking to when he declared that he was going to take on Skeletor as he got into the Astrosub? He just shouts it out in an empty room and then hops in!

-I expected Skeletor to destroy the lens when the tables were turned on him. I saw the line, "I never say please!" coming a mile away, but it was still funny.

-The people of Primus must have some seriously strong psychic powers.

-Werban is still a tool.

-Given The Eternia's construction, I would've thought He-man would've ended up tearing the entire thruster off rather then bending it. Either way, The Eternian should be out of commission for a while.

-The animation was consistantly off with the glow of Skeletors eyes when he was controling the lens and his actual eyes.

-This episode must've been fun for the voice actors, as they each got to voice their own character with someone elses inflections. As an aside, Scott McNeils Flipshot sounds a lot like his later Rattrap from Beast Wars in this episode.

Overall, a pretty good episode. 6/10

If someone gives a reply tonight, I may post another episode!
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; July 28, 2010 at 05:47pm. Reason: fixed typo

I just wanted to chime in to say I enjoy reading your reviews as well. I've been watching the series for the first time, myself.

23. Adams Adventure

Skeletor has a brainwave detector. Using it on He-man to get sample, he later tracks him when he leaves on The Eternia to view an eclipse with his friends in the disguise of Adam. Skeletor tries to expose one of the group as He-man, but Flogg interferes. Using Gebels plant growth pills, Adam is given cover to become He-man. He-man and Skeletor have a wizards duel, ending in Skeletor and Flogg disapearing in a sneeze. Mara suspects that Adam is He-man, though everyone else finds the idea completely laughable.

Notes

-Skeletor is really obsessed with the noggin. A Brain wave detector, a mind lens, hypnobeams, etc. It seems like one out of three episodes has him with some kind of mind control/viewing device.

-At the start of this episode, 2 scientists in white lab coats give him the detector. Who are they? Do they have any other scientists on their payroll, so to say?

-Slush Head's line after he breaks the brainwave detector was funny.

-Speaking of, even Slush Head should have deduced He-mans identity. Everyone in the group has been seen with He-man except Adam. Who is the right age, with the right physical features, and a blank background until He-man showed up. I guess it's Superman-Syndrome at play. Though it doesn't explain how Mara doesn't know considering that he's transformed right in front of her twice in two different episodes. Magic mind-wiping kiss perhaps. The other oddity here is that Skeletor should recognize Prince Adam, since he looked exactly the same back on Eternia. That should have also given him away. (This is also, if I'm not mistaken, the first time Skeletor has seen Adam rather then He-man.)

-When Skeletor and Flogg confront them outside, the Havoc Staff is incredibly poorly drawn.

-The wizards duel was fun. Again, this series could've worked better had it been a major plot point that Skeletor and He-man having magic was why they're so valued to the high tech future.

-The wireframe animatics for the brain tracker and locator were fun to watch. You wonder how they get such detailed resolution from so far away!

-Okay, it's really hard not to question/judge the Primians (? People of Primus?). First, Gebels plant growth is partly to feed more of the people of Primus. Logically you'd only care about this if people weren't being fed. How many pacifists are starving on Primus? Later in the episode, the Mother ship is in the general vicinity of Primus and does nothing. So, how does our heroic pacifist people respond? They send out an attack fleet to engage them! Then when the Mutants withdraw rather then fight back, they declare it a major victory! Add in the trash talk and once again, the people of Primus are a vicious, bloodthirsty lot for any group, let alone a so called peaceful people!

Overall, it's got some weird logic holes, but the wizards duel was fun. 7/10

NEW DAY UPDATE SINCE NO ONE HAS POSTED: 7/29

24. Collision Course

Astrophysics and Weather don't work like normal. Ugh. Okay, this episode deals with an antrigravity devices. There, now you know.

Notes

-I could write until I've used up the character limit on a post about all the science errors they committed. Let's just say gravity and the weather doesn't work the way it did in this episode. Pretty much at all.

-Why is a gravity/antigravity beam such a breakthrough invention? Everyone already has it! Otherwise what's keeping them from flailing about in the Astrosub, on The Eternia, on the Mothership, and in the Dread Fighters?

-If Skeletor wanted Primus destroyed, there were 2 far faster ways to do it. 1. Stop the rotation and movement of the planet. Everyone would've been killed very quickly. (Everything would be launched at about 30 Km/s if our Earth stopped.) 2. Push it into the sun.

-Master Sebrian detecting the "Disturbance" in the Force - I mean Tri-Solar System actually made me groan out loud.

-Skeletor's spycamera in the statue was brilliant.

-The whole Robot Quake and Staghorn sequence at the end was hilarous. Especially going through inspection.

-Finally we see The Eternia's cloaking device at work. 7 episodes after it was introduced, this is the first time it's been used. This should've been the episode to introduce it!

-This episode seemed to be more "TO SELL TOYS" then usual. Especially with new guy, the Guardian who wasn't Saggiataur and Tuskador going with He-man. We also had the Skull Copter and some other toy vehicles just there.

-We get a followup to one of my last episode notes, we have Mutant Techies. They're very cool. Skeletor should treat them right!

-The computer voice for the repulsar was fantastic!

-He-man defies physics some more, moving about in a zero-gravity environment with no outside force causing his movement.

-When He-man was recharging the anti-gravity machine, I expected Skeletor to blast him from behind. That he didn't costs Skeletor a lot of villain points. Especially since the shot composition seemed to set it up!

-Sebrian's vid-call about "You have the power!" was another groan-worthy moment for me. At least it wasn't The Sorceress telling him about the way of the Magic.

-Skeletors party was great, clearly he had a plan, even though it failed. (I'm guessing he was only going to put those in the ring on extra-gravity.)

-Gravity takes sides not long after that, as the villains levitate while the heroes walk away. What?!?

-I found it amusing that when He-man made his lightning pun at the end, no one laughed. It didn't deserve a laugh, and He-man should feel stupid for having said it.

-Grrr! yay!

It's really hard to rate this episode. The science part of this story, along with Sebrian, and the resolution is just terrible. However, the Staghorn and Quake as robots, the computer and the seat belts, Skeletors party hat, and other bits are quite good. I actually looked back over the other episodes to see if I could come up with a rating based on other episodes I disliked, and decided to go with, 4.1/10
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; July 29, 2010 at 09:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leaving the water on ... Casta in Mystacore's Avatar

10. Festival of Lights

It's a Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace... err, Space Western along with a party on Primus.

Notes:

-Sagitar is a hypocrite, isn't he? He's quick to proclaim that The Eternia is under the protection of heading to Weststar, but then he wants to attack the mutant ship who has the same destination and thus protection.

-Several laugh out loud moments, Slush Head in ranch hand clothing, Skeletors southern drawl among them. Perhaps most of all was He-man riding Sagitar.

-When Skeletor activates the bull, the sound effect is the Ghostbusters Proton Pack powering up. Heh, love that sound.

-Adam is a player, flirting with Drissi and Mara at the same time, then getting some alone time with Mara.

-Adam did a good job covering his ignorance of the Festival of Lights, which itself is a nice touch that Adam is an outsider trying to fit in.

-Once we find out what the Festival of Lights is, I kept thinking about Isaac Asimov's Nightfall. Which then made me think that maybe all the people of Primus go nuts and kill each other during the darkness. I think that might have possibly taken the show in a different direction had that been what happened.

Overall this was a great episode, I don't have much to say, but I really did enjoy it quite a bit. 9/10
    I don't really have anything huge to add. I agree with everything you said. I really liked the storyline of this episodes. It's one of my favorites from the series.
    "It's a moo point. Kind of like a cow's opinion, it's doesn't matter. It's moo." - Joey Tribbiani.

'Collision Course' is probably one of my least favourites from the whole series. It's a bit too goofy for me, and Skeletor goes too far into comedy towards the end with his party hat.

That said, the whole bit with Staghorn and BH disguised as robots is hilarious.

The Tech Mutants show up a few times, I really like them.
    "Evil can never defeat good!"
    "Don't be ridiculous, of course it can!"
    He-Man and Skeletor in 'Crack in the World'.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky Martin View Post
    'Collision Course' is probably one of my least favourites from the whole series. It's a bit too goofy for me, and Skeletor goes too far into comedy towards the end with his party hat.

That said, the whole bit with Staghorn and BH disguised as robots is hilarious.

The Tech Mutants show up a few times, I really like them.
    Thank heavens I didn't write Collision Course! I'd have hated to lose you, Martin.

In fairness to the writer, it's very tough to come in on a series when another writer wrote the series bible and thirty-seven episodes.

Yay, replies! Hopefully they'll keep up so I don't get too many automerges when I review new episodes!

Speaking of which,

25. Planet of Junk

The Primians attack the Mothership for no reason, damaging it. Landing the Mothership for repairs on the titular Planet of Junk, Skeletor and the mutants find it to be chock full of broken weapons. Using a device to disguise themselves, they kidnap the scientists to make repairs to the weaponry. The Scientists turn almost all of them into booby traps.

Notes

-Getting this out of the way, another Transformer rip off, so to say, Planet of Junk Not just the name, but the basic design and what's there.

-TO SELL TOYS guy from last episode is Spinwit. Also in this episode.

-So... why were the pacifist and peace loving people of Primus attacking the Mutants out in free space for? (We know they're not even close to Primus, as the comment about making the return trip to Primus for repairs was said.)

-Skeletor questioning why no one compliments his aim made me laugh.

-The Scientists sitting with no other spectators, next to each other made me laugh.

-Then a few scenes later, we get fleeing spectators? Huh?

-Wait a moment, they look exactly like normal people, they've landed on Primus without so much as a second look, managed to set up a circus act with no problems, yet their plan revolves around stealing the scientists?!? They're on Primus, no one suspects them, isn't that 3/4 of the way to victory!!! There are all sorts of activities they could've done, instill discord, sabotage, etc. On top of that, they landed the freaking mother ship on Primus without anyone noticing! This was victory in their laps!

-Skeletor's threat was well executed, so to say. His line later about "At least someone was surprised." was well done as well.

-You can see the scientists bias, instead of traitors of Primus, they could be heroes of Denebria!

-The Astrosubs have cloaks too? Speaking of which, if the Astrosubs are later too damaged to land, how are they supposed to break off and effect repairs?

-Given the scaling of the mothership and the "Asteroid", I think calling it is as such is a severe understatement as well as a betrayal of the episode title, it's clearly a planetoid. It's sheer size and atmosphere are pretty big clues to that.

-The tracking device immobilizes everyones Astrosub but He-mans. How unnecessary, if He-man was just going to blast the thing to bits with the power sword later!

-There's a pretty big animation error after the Guardians land, Saggitaur is a 4 armed floating torso with no legs!

-Flogg's "You couldn't hit the ground if you fell of a building." was great.

-What is Artilla? Cyborg? Machine?

-Did the writer just see Superman II? I'm not sure how much more blatant a ripoff it could've been.

While this episode doesn't do anything major wrong, it feels extraordinarily unoriginal:
    • Skeletor finds a weapon that will allow him to conquer Primus, but needs the scientists to work on it, so he kidnaps them and forces them to work on it for him. - Episode 16
    • Skeletor uses the cover of a space western themed circus - Episode 10
    • He-man is left for dead under an avalanche of stones - Episode (shudder) 5
    • He-man is forced into a pod that will leave him powerless, except it's been reversed, leaving his captors weak. - Superman II

Overall, this episode doesn't do much wrong, but it doesn't feel that sharp either; there's also a pretty big "Been there, done that." to this episode as well. 4.8/10
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; August 2, 2010 at 11:09pm.

juggernaut was good, that little girl is spooky as hell, she gave me the creeps from the gitgo!

New episode time!

26. The Sanctuary

The Eternia attacks and destroys a Mutant space cannon. The gas from the cannon destabilizes Primus' shield, causing the mutants to rebuild the space cannon into gas factory, spewing out the disruptive gas to open the way for an invasion. The gas has an added effect in that after being struck by a bolt, He-man reverts to Adam and is unable to change back. Sebrian gets Adam struck by lightning again changing him back just in time to battle Skeletor.

Notes

-The Eternia's tractor beam being a giant hand, spinning the asteroid around before tossing it was... well... stupid. However, this is a kids show, so I'm not going to deduct anything for it.

-TO SELL TOYS, Skeletor is flying his open cockpit helicopter in space, with Grrr. Maybe it's my inner bias showing, but I'm OK with this as well. The Copter could have a forcefield, Skeletor could have a spell, there are plenty of explainations for that.

-Those peacful people of Primus, murdering mutants in ships defending mutant property.

-Adam changes in a hallway junction that has no one in it. How many near abandoned buildings are there on Primus? Or does Sebrian just have a huge mansion?

-Does Drissi not understand that animals have survival instincts? Take them to shelter? That's what they'll do on their own lady! Or are the creatures of Primus such lemmings that they can't?

-Slush Head getting the call and complaining about the timing made me laugh. In fact, Slush Head gets an A for this episode.

-Grrr serves a purpose! Yay! Though he walks differently this time. Before he walked like an Ostrich, now he runs like a Kangaroo.

-LOL at Adams complaining. I honestly laughed later at Adam's "I have the POWER!", followed by... nothing. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time we ever have "Adam" say those words, rather then He-man.

-How is it that Caz and Drissi have never seen Adam with the powersword, given that Adam has it on him at all times!

-How the hell did Sebrian get to Caz, Drissi, and Adam so fast? Does he have rockets under those robes? Teleporter? Adam even lampshades it! In fact, out of everything, Sebrian is my only problem with this episode. He gets there way too fast, then just fixes Adams problem with almost no effort.

-The Eternia needs some adjustments to the targeting system. The one sensor locked onto the gas itself, the other to the nozzle that was spewing the gas, then the laser shot the bottom of the gas factory ship.

-What was Flogg doing the entire invasion?

-Grrr, you treacherous mongrel!

Overall, it's a really clever premise, in fact, the Adam story could've been the entire episode, but we got a series of space battles on top of that. I think this could've worked better as a 2-parter, but it did just fine as it was. 8.8/10

New Update for 8/4, since no one has posted!

27. Council of Clones

The Mutants have been pounding one specific part of the shield, exhausting the council whose psychic energies power the shield. Skeletor counts on a counterattack and sets the stage for the attackers to find a supercomputer which will be their trojan horse. He-man is certain it's a trojan horse but is overruled by Sebrian. The computer can make clones of anyone, so it's decided to clone the council, allowing the real ones to get much needed rest while allowing the shield to remain at full power. He-man again warns that this is likely a trojan horse, but is again overruled by Sebrian. The titular council of clones emerge, locking away the scientists, then taking over the council chambers, deactivating the planetary shield and errecting a force field around the council chambers and the supercomputer. He-man fails to get anywhere as does the real council. Werban rightly blames all this on Sebrian. He-man attacking the shield at the same time as the councils efforts allow Sebrian entry, who takes on the clones. Skeletor arrives to deal with a weakened Skeletor. The Sorceress gets involved to make sure good wins in the end.

Notes

-After several episodes of debate in my posts, we get an official answer, the people of Primus are Primans.

-Ah, so Skeletors plan hinges on the pacifists launching an attack on him. Which they do. Oh, those peaceful people!

-Who's on the bridge of the Eternia in the foreground in front of Sagitar and He-man? It looks like Tomax and Xamot style twins.

-Boy Gebel must use a lot of hair product, red scientist guy is sitting on top of his hair!

-Why is He-man punching the force field? He's got the Power sword!

-Oh joy, the Sorceress. Here to Deus Ex Machina the plot!

-How exactly does destroying the computer destroy the clones? That shouldn't be logically connected!

-For the most powerful man in the universe, He-man needs to take some assertiveness classes. He was certain and repeatedly warned Sebrian that the Supercomputer was a trap, but when told otherwise, he caved on his position.

-This episode seems better animated then usual.

Overall, this is a rather enjoyable episode. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed not having the Sorceress blunder about in plots until now though; if it weren't for her, this would've been a 9.5 or better episode easily. As it is, 8/10.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; August 4, 2010 at 08:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Nice reviews. You're going through these rather quickly. I'm surprised on "Planet of Junk" you didn't notice the Man-at-Arms reference.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!