Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Armor Skeletor...blue or purple feet?

Battle Armor Skeletor...blue or purple feet?

On the vintage cardbacks, the original Skeletor is depicted with blue bare feet, just as we now have him, but Battle Armor Skeletor is shown with all-purple feet/boots.

Which version would you rather see?
    Personally, I think the all-purple look would help further differentiate him from the original Skeletor.

Purple feet, please! Battle Armor does you no good if somebody can still cut off all of your little piggies!

I would like the all-purple since that is how he looked as a figure and on the card-back
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'd like to see him the way he was released originally

Heroic Warrior
    Oh yes! Purple Feet!!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Purple feet for me too!
    I love most looks of the characters from the vintage cardback art.
    It's truly classic
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Wow, so far, 100% for purple!

That's great!

Heroic Warrior
    Eh, whatever. I kinda like the two tone look of the current MOTUC Skelly(s) but it might be nice for the feet to have a different look.

As far as the bare feet not offering protection, most of BA He-Man is unprotected as well. I just like to pretend that it's a magical armor that offers mystical protection beyond just the parts of the body that it covers. In my motuverse the armor draws laser blasts and magic to it to be deflected. Like if Webstor is aiming down his sights on He-Man's noggin, the armor draws the blast to it and deflects it out. Geeky, but I have to justify him having only one piece of armor somehow.

Heroic Warrior
    purple feet! i want a regular skelly with purple feet too, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards...

Hadn't thought of that; I like the idea! Would add to the armored look.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

strike up another tally mark for purple feet please
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

Great thread! I hadn't considered this before either!

I'll vote PURPLE FEET as well!

And if anyone would rather display him with the regular bare feet, there's always the possibility of swapping armor with the regular version.

I'd like to see the purple feet. I'll take it one step further and say I'd like purple armored feet like Hordak's. I think that would be really cool.

Purple feet. If I bothered to buy it, I'd at least want it where the feet look like they're somewhat armored.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

I'd like to see all purple used here as well.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 6.1.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Now, he would have purple feet but his claws would still show? And having "armored" feet would make him seem more armored even though his legs, arms and head are still bare? No pants, shirt or helmet. Hmmm...makes sense to me!

It doesn't matter to me either way. However Mattel releases him is okay with me. I just want a BA Skeletor to kick BA He-Man's keister all over the place.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Now, he would have purple feet but his claws would still show? And having "armored" feet would make him seem more armored even though his legs, arms and head are still bare? No pants, shirt or helmet. Hmmm...makes sense to me!

It doesn't matter to me either way. However Mattel releases him is okay with me. I just want a BA Skeletor to kick BA He-Man's keister all over the place.

Well yeah resculpted feet with some sort of armor on the legs and arms would be better to me as well. It wouldn't be like the original though and that's what everyone is after. That's why I might not would buy it anyway.

Yeah it was the repaints and stuff that didn't work to me even when I was younger that caused me to drop out of getting a lot of the later years He-Man line. That'll be where I start drawing the line with things I don't want.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Heroic Warrior
    1 vote for Purple feet please

Purple feet, please. But I'm with J Man on this one as I am not sure if I would get him in the first place.

Purple feet for me!

I'd prefer the bare blue feet. And even though the vintage figure didn't have one, I hope he has the loincloth as well.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm....honestly, now that I see the mockup, I tend to not like it. The sculpts for the feet are obviously for bare feet. I guess, like someone said above, if they went with Hordak's boots that could work, but I think I'll say bare feet.

Edit: Ooooh...but I can't wait for that purple axe!!

Heroic Warrior
    Purple feet all the way !

Hope we'll get the Alcala head some time soon...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-hero View Post
    The sculpts for the feet are obviously for bare feet.
    true but zodac, webstor, and scareglow all have the same sculpt with the feet painted the same color as their shin guard thingys. this is the reason i want a regular skelly with purple feet - consistency. but i'm weird like that.