Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Cats Head positioning and helmet weight

I'm just curious! You all do know that the MOTUC stuff that is available on Cyber Monday are not reissues. But just left over stock that they're clearing out. So there is probably only a very very limited number that will be available and will sell out quickly!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I'm just curious! You all do know that the MOTUC stuff that is available on Cyber Monday are not reissues. But just left over stock that they're clearing out. So there is probably only a very very limited number that will be available and will sell out quickly!
    Actually, you are wrong. The He-Man, Skeletor, and Battlecats on sale are NEW RUNS. The other stuff is left over stock.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Actually, you are wrong. The He-Man, Skeletor, and Battlecats on sale are NEW RUNS. The other stuff is left over stock.
    NO, your wrong! From Matty's site!

So what are the 21 products? Well, I can’t spill all the details right off the bat, but I will tell you these three to start. They’re all from the second run (first time for Battle Cat®!), so they have “The Original” burst on the package.
    The He-Man and Skeletor are the second run with "The Original" burst on them. While Battle Cat is left over stock from the original release. Basically what was kept for replacement pieces and what not. The figures have not gone back into production. So like I said! There will be a very limited amount available.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Great minds think alike... I used the clear rubber band method as well. Anything can be fixed with rubber bands, super glue or duct tape.
    Master of Mayhem

Dude, Toy Guru confirmed that He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat are all new runs. Although it is not very clear in the quote you have he did confirm the fact once more. The post you quote really states the they are all second runs for MOTU (therefore not left over stock) and that this is the first time battle cat had a second run (since heman and skeletor had them once already).

took a second but here is the answer TG provided when someone asked for clarification.

Cyber Monday Clarification

Can you please clarify which items being sold on cyber monday are customer service leftovers and what items are complete new runs? Your initial announcements made it seem like everything was gonna be leftovers, but later announcements made it seem like everything was a reissue run. I'm sure tons of customers are curious if they have a fighting chance at certain items.

The only items that are new runs are He-Man, Skeletor and Battlecat. All others are remaining stock.
    Last edited by Pete71799; November 27, 2010 at 07:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    NO, your wrong! From Matty's site!

The He-Man and Skeletor are the second run with "The Original" burst on them. While Battle Cat is left over stock from the original release. Basically what was kept for replacement pieces and what not. The figures have not gone back into production. So like I said! There will be a very limited amount available.
    Actually, I hate to say this, but you are wrong. Matty posted this on his Facebook page on 10/7

There has been a bit of confusion with my earlier post.

While all of the remaining items to be announced are remaining (sometimes VERY limited) customer services stock of otherwise sold out items, Battle Cat, He-Man and Skeletor are all new runs with the "The Original" burst. This is the second release for Battle Cat and the third release for He-Man and Skeletor, but there package will be the same as the second release. We will have more of these items compared to all others items (to be announced soon!) since they are an actual new run.

Hope that helps!

Matty
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Yes, all 3 MOTUC items including Battle Cat are reissues with The Original burst on them.

Which is why i wondered in the first place: will this BC reissue have a stronger tighter neck, or will it be loose like the first?

Well i'm not sure anyway if the loose BC's neck was the rule OR the exception.

i'm tempted to buy a second BC on cyber monday, perhaps the neck joint will be better...

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

it's a wrong contest.

I love it when people tell you that you're wrong when you know darn well you are right. There is just a great feeling that rushes in when you can prove that you are right, too. This was especially refreshing when a member told me I was "completely wrong" about May's figure unlikely being the Faceless One since that was just a tentative schedule stated a year or more before TG confirmed it was not May's figure.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I don't think they're re-issues. Just leftover from February's sale!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

read all the posts, they are re-issues and not leftovers; wish She-Ra was one of them!

to answer the question about using clear rubber bands, i don't have a BC (yet), but to fix loose ankles, i wrapped the clear rubber band tightly around and around the ankle joint (allowing the band to go into the joint and fill up excess space). I would guess the same thing would work for BC's neck? Get the band inside the joint to tighten it?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I used a clear rubber band to fix the neck. I stretched the band around his neck over his back and put it around the tail. The harness keeps the band from showing.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

might as well super glue it if you're gonna use those cheap rubber bands, let me find a right word... TACKY

i'll keep mine the way they are when i get them, battle cats head isn't that bad.

my original post has been merged!!!!
    because it turned into a How-To-Fix-BC's-Neck instead of answering its original question which was:

Would you fix your loose BC neck or would you rather buy the reissue BC in the hopes that his neck is tight...?

If i had the extra $40 i would buy the reissue, but i'm saving the $$ for January's releases.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

=)

The only issue I have with Battle Cat is his back legs. He tends to want to sit down.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE View Post
    my original post has been merged!!!!
    because it turned into a How-To-Fix-BC's-Neck instead of answering its original question which was:

Would you fix your loose BC neck or would you rather buy the reissue BC in the hopes that his neck is tight...?

If i had the extra $40 i would buy the reissue, but i'm saving the $$ for January's releases.
    Your original post asked for suggestions on a "practical and safe way to fix (tighten) Battle Cat's neck."

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE
    I remember reading many reports of Battle Cat having a loose neck. Mine can keep his head up when not wearing the helmet, but always drops when wearing it. A sad helmeted Cat.

Is there a practical and safe way to fix (tighten) Battle Cat's neck? Or would you rather buy the reissue in the hopes that his neck joint is tight this time?
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I love it when people tell you that you're wrong when you know darn well you are right. There is just a great feeling that rushes in when you can prove that you are right, too. This was especially refreshing when a member told me I was "completely wrong" about May's figure unlikely being the Faceless One since that was just a tentative schedule stated a year or more before TG confirmed it was not May's figure.
    I don't care about being right or wrong. I care about the correct information being out there so people don't panic when they can't get the figure at 12:05. There are going to be more He-Mans (He-Men?), Skeletors, and Battle Cats than anything else.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    I don't care about being right or wrong. I care about the correct information being out there so people don't panic when they can't get the figure at 12:05. There are going to be more He-Mans (He-Men?), Skeletors, and Battle Cats than anything else.

I agree.completely...some people just want a little sticker cause they always thinl their right...it all about the info

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Your original post asked for suggestions on a "practical and safe way to fix (tighten) Battle Cat's neck."
    You're right, dorrmann. But i did ask it, even though i should have phrased it more directly:

Quote Originally Posted by JOXE
    Is there a practical and safe way to fix (tighten) Battle Cat's neck? Or would you rather buy the reissue in the hopes that his neck joint is tight this time?
    Anyway i think most people who get BC on Cyber Monday will do so because they don't have him yet or want a second one (regardless or neck joint issues)

=)

How annoying is bobble head Battle Cat?

I am just starting to collect some MOTUC and am getting She-Ra 1.0, 2.0 and Swift Wind for my 5 year old daughter and He-Man and Battle Cat for myself. I am a little concerned after finding out about the 1st run of Battle Cats having loose heads as this is something I want to display loose and play with, with my daughter. I know there is a chance that I could get a 1st run B.C. from the Mattycollector site, eBay, or through the market place. Is this loose head thing a big deal or arepeople being nit picky?
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I dont think you'll be finding 1st issue BC at Matty Collector. Maybe 0.1% out of 99.99, but the chances of getting the reissue is a lot more I would say. As far as eBay goes, you can simply ask the seller if the package has the "original" bust or not. Either way... 1st issues are slightly expensive when compared with the 2nd one !

Hope it helps !!
    Last edited by TUC138; September 19, 2012 at 12:55am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Warrior
    My first issue isn't bobble headed.

My only problem with battle cat is that his head sculpt is way too rad to be covered by his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    My only problem with battle cat is that his head sculpt is way too rad to be covered by his helmet.
    Exactly...!!!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!