View Poll Results: Should Stinkor come with removable oxygen tank?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I want him just like the 80s toy.

29 20.28%
  • Yes, I want to option of displaying him in 200X style.

114 79.72%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should stinkor come with removable oxygen tank?

Should stinkor come with removable oxygen tank?

How many people would like to see a removable oxygen tank and mask come with Stinkor to put on his back like the 2003 version? Being removable, people who prefer the 80s style Stinkor can still have him without it.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I voted no because I think it's dumb that a creature who's main power is stinking, should need an oxygen tank to withstand his own stink. It shouldn't affect him.

I prefer the old mini comics where Stinkor would revel in his stench, assaulting forests and killing them with his fumes until Moss Man sent out his own nice smelling forest smell to drive Stinkor away
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I voted no because I think it's dumb that a creature who's main power is stinking, should need an oxygen tank to withstand his own stink. It shouldn't affect him.
    I agree, but I like how the tanks look. I just pretend that he stores up his stink in the tanks for an extra strong attack.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Heroic Warrior
    i voted no, but i wouldn't mind if he had them and they were removable. i'm sure he'll come with a 200X head though.

p.s. anyone else really surprised we haven't seen stinkor yet? seems like a REAL easy one to do.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

I prefer the old mini comics where Stinkor would revel in his stench, assaulting forests and killing them with his fumes until Moss Man sent out his own nice smelling forest smell to drive Stinkor away
    It doesn't affect him.

The tank and rigs on his arms focuses his power, so he can weaponize it in the form of blasts of gas. He's immune to his smell, but he can't fire waves of stench without the suit. Without the suit he's limited to close range stinking.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; February 23, 2010 at 01:03pm.

In the 200X cartoon which is the only source of origin we have for Stinkor, he gained his smell by accident. He was not born with it so it does make sense if he can't stand his own smell. If I have a really smelly poo I dont like to sit there breathing in the smell let alone if it followed me everywhere and was 100 times worse id need an oxygen tank too!

As the tank would be removable, it seems selfish to me that anyone would vote no as even if they dont like it, they can remove it and toss it aside. But people who would want the tank would then have to miss out for no reason.

Absolutely not for me! I would the classic Stinkor!

Even vintage Stinkor's armour covered his 'nose' like a rebreather.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I say yes. Just throw it in the package as an accessory. Couldn't hurt could it?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Absolutely yes!! The tanks look cool, and it makes sense that they are used to "shoot" directed gas. Just throw it away if you don't like.
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; February 24, 2010 at 01:06pm.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

If it's removable, why not? If you don't want to use the tank, take it off and put it on another character so that they can withstand his stink!

More parts = more display options!
    Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity? ~Steve Polyak

I don't mind this at all, if it's removable then fans of both the vintage & modern Stinkor win.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    What about Sy-Klone and his rings? Same kinda thing.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    stinkor is a pretty easy one in my mind.

comes with:

sheild
    tank
    extra head

and possibly odiphus, unless he is in a two pack with orko or some other smaller guy.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    yes give him a removable tank everyone can be happy with that. they will make a tank for snout spout eventually anyway. it makes stinkor more interesting than just having mekanecks armor & a repaint of mer-mans head. would be good to have a 200x head & an original head. give him a blaster too.

weapons & accessories i'd like to see:

shield

standard zodac blaster

tank

200x style head & 80s style head.

Big yes on tanks for me. I love the look of them and I like the notion of the suit being able to focus his horrid stench. Stinkor is one of my most anticipated figures in this line and I cannot wait to smell him!

I also agree that Sy-Klone should get his 200X rings. They were very cool looking. He's another of my faves.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Am in a greedy mood today. Stinkor should come with removable air tanks, different heads, vintage shield, and an Odiphus character. It still pains me that Count Marzo will not come with packed in dwarf.

It wont hurt to have them added then both groups of fans are happy. Just been watching MYP Stinkor and he was awesome. I will always go back to the classic series over anything else though. Greatest thing about this line is that it reaches out to the whole fandom and long may it continue.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Not a 200x fan at all, but Stinkor is one of those characters whose changes are more than acceptable to me... LOVE HIM
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Coming with additional 200X oxygen tanks would be beyond awesome. Those who don't want them, leave them off or trade them away.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

He wasn't born with his power or evolved with it, he got it in an accident so he has not evolved to withstand the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    He wasn't born with his power or evolved with it, he got it in an accident so he has not evolved to withstand the smell.
    Yeah, the MYP take on Stinkor was pretty funny. When your own smell sends you running for shelter, you are one bad smelling Mo Fo! Making He-Man's eye's water and MAA dizzy made it even better. Definitely great story telling.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

I like the vintage direction more often than the straight 200x direction.

But stinkor's tanks were a great addition. Extra accessory, or armour peice, or whatever, certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    But stinkor's tanks were a great addition. Extra accessory, or armour peice, or whatever, certainly.

I thought Mattel and the 4H would have already released Stinkor considering he needs minimal tooling(Mekanek armor and possibly the oxygen tanks) to become a reality.

It wouldn't matter to me cause I just want the figure period.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!